Some guy called Tim says Janet doesn't belong in R&RHOF induction

bu.

Janet Jackson doesn’t belong in the Hall, but she’s a super familiar name who had big hits over a fairly wide period of time, and that’s usually enough for the Hall voters. If it were a weaker class I’d say she was a lock, but it might not happen this year. I mean, if you’re going to admit mainstream state-of-the-art pop (and I think you should), why the freak isn’t the amazing Carpenters in the Hall?

http://observer.com/2016/10/the-2017-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-nominees-are-a-disgrace-to-music/

Tim Sommer

Tim Sommer is a musician, record producer, former Atlantic Records A&R representative, WNYO DJ, MTV News correspondent, and VH1 VJ, and has written for publications such as Trouser Press and The Village Voice. 

Why you posting negative posts about Jan from someone who she probably snubbed backstage at some time ??

Eww

Because this isn't utopia

janet_tmz_1027_250-1.jpg

Plus my petty ass wanna see what Janfam get's in his Twitter mentions with his placing the Carpenters over her :shifty:

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Exactly so stop being a prissy bitch and expecting only positive articles on Janet because reality check - life is full of negatives. You're not very unbreakable are you.

janet_tmz_1027_250-1.jpg

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

whats wrong here is the idea Janet is this guy's mind isnt a stronger candidate that it should be a weaker class, when she's had more influence on music than a lot of those in this class. Janet is underrated and this has consistently been the issue.

Edited by Bailey.
  • Upvote 2

There is nothing wrong with JanFam/RN being aware of different opinions regarding Janet

From what I read he seems like one of those punk-rock fans that's mad that his faves aren't in the hall. That Janet paragraph alone can be easily dissected let alone the whole article :ph34r:. Janet's music actually saved lives... Can The Carpenters say that? Many acts can't...:whistle:

P.S I tried looking for his Twitter but couldn't find it. :unsure:

Edited by BlackCat77
  • Upvote 1

Im tired of the same excuses every fucking time she gets nominated, "oh she's mainstream" "oh she's not good enough compared to the others" ...what do we have to do? wait until every white rock band gets in or until Janet's up against Britney Spears? I have an entirely different logic which goes like this, either Janet deserves induction or she doesn't. If we say she does, and I think we can all agree she does, then any time Janet goes without induction is wasted time on a foregone conclusion...Give people their flowers while they're alive!

Edited by Bailey.
  • Upvote 1

Just another try hard hipster tying to look EDGY and AlternativeSS11!!. Nothing to see here tbh. 

And some are pissed at Janet because they know that if Janet gets in then the gates are open for those with melanin. Janet gets in and the flood gates are open for Mariah, Whitney etc to get in as well. 

• Upvote 5

I guess I'm the only fan who dosen't give four fucks about this hall of fame, worhtless, narcissistic, pointless, meaningless, hogwash.

Nah... Its very stan war'd. it's just for claiming status and fights between stan bases :lol:  It's childish af yes but that's the industry right now. 

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

Just another try hard hipster tying to look EDGY and AlternativeSS11!!. Nothing to see here tbh. 

And some are pissed at Janet because they know that if Janet gets in then the gates are open for those with melanin. Janet gets in and the flood gates are open for Mariah, Whitney etc to get in as well. 

It certainly has race components, but Whitney and Mariah (IMO) deserve to be in.