• Announcements

• Planet Janet Rules   07/07/2015

General Rules for Planet Janet Welcome to Planet Janet! The main objective of this board is to express your love for Janet, your opinions, and to interact with an important segment of the Janet fandom.  To enjoy your experience here, below are general rules and guidelines to make your experience here be successful: The N Word Please be aware that the N word is going to be filtered on this forum. Most importantly, this word is not acceptable on this forum in any form; therefore, if it is used again by ANY member on here, it will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Consider this the first, only, and last warning regarding this. Music Download | Copyright Infringement Illegal download links to music from any artist are not permissible to be posted on this forum at any time. If you have posted an illegal download link, you must take it down immediately. Failure to remove the links, and/or subsequent, repeated offenses will result in disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban from the forum. Fan Threads of Other Artists Generally, we like to keep threads and/or topics about other artists within an Official Artist Thread.  This helps to eliminate clutter and redundancy throughout the forum and allow a one-stop shop to view comments on that particular artist not pertaining to Janet.  If there is HUGE news related to an artist and generates a lot of discussion, it is okay to have a standalone thread on that topic outside of the Official Thread. A good debate is OKAY in the Official Threads of other artists.  Official Threads are not complete sanctuaries of devotion of that particular artist; however, there is a need to be civil with other members.  Please refrain from personal attacks and arguments that devolve into personal attacks. Additionally, do NOT use Janet as means to defend an artist.  This forum is made in her honor, and putting her down to boast your particular artist is prohibited. Exercise good judgment and common sense.  If not, then the moderating team will exercise disciplinary action depending on the egregiousness of the action.  Please utilize this announcement as a first warning. Personal Attacks

Each member has a warning percentage - most of them are at zero right now but a few have been warned before. Each warning is worth 10%, and once it gets to 100% the member is automatically banned from the forum. 

Each time a member gets into an argument with another member that includes personal attacks, if it is reported or viewed by a member of the moderating team, each participant in the personal attack will get an increase in their warning percentage.  They will be notified via PM, and, prior to posting again, will receive a receipt acknowledging that warning before they can post again. The Moderating Team will never divulge a member's warn percentages on the forum or to other members.

What this means is you are now responsible for your own future on this forum. The Moderating Team will not keep asking you to stop and being ignored. Learn to let things go and learn to moderate yourself before posting; if you end up banned it will be your own fault. Personal attacks and include attacks on one’s race, age, religious creed, color, gender, national origin, physical, mental or visual disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital and military status, pregnancy or sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and general physical appearance/looks. Depending on the nature of the personal attack there will be corrective action up and including permanent banning. If you have any inquiries about your warning percentage, feel free to PM a mod for an answer. If you need any clarification on the rules, feel free to reach out to The Moderating Team.

Trump: Our National Disgrace. Comey has the Reciepts on Trumps lying ass

416 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I kind of want to be shady in our staff meeting at work today and start off by thanking the bosses for the blessing to be in the meeting.  And praising their leadership and getting my wallet moving in the right direction again since I just got a promotion and a 20% raise last month.

They ALL are Republicans so they wont find it as hilarious as I do.

Posted · Report post

I kind of want to be shady in our staff meeting at work today and start off by thanking the bosses for the blessing to be in the meeting.  And praising their leadership and getting my wallet moving in the right direction again since I just got a promotion and a 20% raise last month.

They ALL are Republicans so they wont find it as hilarious as I do.

what do you do that you work with all Republicans? :unsure:

Posted · Report post

what do you do that you work with all Republicans? :unsure:

Oil & Gas.

Most of the oil industry is going to be Republican.  When Tillerson was CEO of Exxon we had a contract with them in the Dead Sea and was supposed to be loaned out to Russia to drill for them.  But then Ukraine happened and US had sanctions against them and Exxon had to pull out of their wells there.  Most of the people on the rigs/drill ships etc. are from the South so Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana,Texas etc. obviously deep red states.

Posted · Report post

Oil & Gas.

Most of the oil industry is going to be Republican.  When Tillerson was CEO of Exxon we had a contract with them in the Dead Sea and was supposed to be loaned out to Russia to drill for them.  But then Ukraine happened and US had sanctions against them and Exxon had to pull out of their wells there.  Most of the people on the rigs/drill ships etc. are from the South so Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana,Texas etc. obviously deep red states.

that's a real manly kinda gig, oil rigs and stuff, and that industry is a bunch of ole white dudes you know good ole boys :sigh:

Posted (edited) · Report post

No such thing as a "manly" gig. Jesus.. :sigh: 

Back to the topic...

Jeff Sessions can't remember shit and is the least trustworthy cabinet member 

Edited by State of the Game

Posted · Report post

Trump's under investigation and should be impeached for it whether his in cahoots with Russia or not

Posted · Report post

all of Trump's cronies have lawyered up just saw it on CNN

Posted · Report post

Obama's Facebook post on Healthcare after Senate bill details released today:

"Our politics are divided. They have been for a long time. And while I know that division makes it difficult to listen to Americans with whom we disagree, that’s what we need to do today.

I recognize that repealing and replacing the Affordable Care Act has become a core tenet of the Republican Party. Still, I hope that our Senators, many of whom I know well, step back and measure what’s really at stake, and consider that the rationale for action, on health care or any other issue, must be something more than simply undoing something that Democrats did.

We didn’t fight for the Affordable Care Act for more than a year in the public square for any personal or political gain – we fought for it because we knew it would save lives, prevent financial misery, and ultimately set this country we love on a better, healthier course.

Nor did we fight for it alone. Thousands upon thousands of Americans, including Republicans, threw themselves into that collective effort, not for political reasons, but for intensely personal ones – a sick child, a parent lost to cancer, the memory of medical bills that threatened to derail their dreams.

And you made a difference. For the first time, more than ninety percent of Americans know the security of health insurance. Health care costs, while still rising, have been rising at the slowest pace in fifty years. Women can’t be charged more for their insurance, young adults can stay on their parents’ plan until they turn 26, contraceptive care and preventive care are now free. Paying more, or being denied insurance altogether due to a preexisting condition – we made that a thing of the past.

We did these things together. So many of you made that change possible.

At the same time, I was careful to say again and again that while the Affordable Care Act represented a significant step forward for America, it was not perfect, nor could it be the end of our efforts – and that if Republicans could put together a plan that is demonstrably better than the improvements we made to our health care system, that covers as many people at less cost, I would gladly and publicly support it.

That remains true. So I still hope that there are enough Republicans in Congress who remember that public service is not about sport or notching a political win, that there’s a reason we all chose to serve in the first place, and that hopefully, it’s to make people’s lives better, not worse.

But right now, after eight years, the legislation rushed through the House and the Senate without public hearings or debate would do the opposite. It would raise costs, reduce coverage, roll back protections, and ruin Medicaid as we know it. That’s not my opinion, but rather the conclusion of all objective analyses, from the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, which found that 23 million Americans would lose insurance, to America’s doctors, nurses, and hospitals on the front lines of our health care system.

The Senate bill, unveiled today, is not a health care bill. It’s a massive transfer of wealth from middle-class and poor families to the richest people in America. It hands enormous tax cuts to the rich and to the drug and insurance industries, paid for by cutting health care for everybody else. Those with private insurance will experience higher premiums and higher deductibles, with lower tax credits to help working families cover the costs, even as their plans might no longer cover pregnancy, mental health care, or expensive prescriptions. Discrimination based on pre-existing conditions could become the norm again. Millions of families will lose coverage entirely.

Simply put, if there’s a chance you might get sick, get old, or start a family – this bill will do you harm. And small tweaks over the course of the next couple weeks, under the guise of making these bills easier to stomach, cannot change the fundamental meanness at the core of this legislation.

I hope our Senators ask themselves – what will happen to the Americans grappling with opioid addiction who suddenly lose their coverage? What will happen to pregnant mothers, children with disabilities, poor adults and seniors who need long-term care once they can no longer count on Medicaid? What will happen if you have a medical emergency when insurance companies are once again allowed to exclude the benefits you need, send you unlimited bills, or set unaffordable deductibles? What impossible choices will working parents be forced to make if their child’s cancer treatment costs them more than their life savings?

To put the American people through that pain – while giving billionaires and corporations a massive tax cut in return – that’s tough to fathom. But it’s what’s at stake right now. So it remains my fervent hope that we step back and try to deliver on what the American people need.

That might take some time and compromise between Democrats and Republicans. But I believe that’s what people want to see. I believe it would demonstrate the kind of leadership that appeals to Americans across party lines. And I believe that it’s possible – if you are willing to make a difference again. If you’re willing to call your members of Congress. If you are willing to visit their offices. If you are willing to speak out, let them and the country know, in very real terms, what this means for you and your family.

After all, this debate has always been about something bigger than politics. It’s about the character of our country – who we are, and who we aspire to be. And that’s always worth fighting for."

Posted · Report post

Nice to see a coherent essay written by a respected leader 

Posted · Report post

I am going to get a digital subscription to the NYTimes I think to help support coming for Trump's wig.

Trump's LIES

Many Americans have become accustomed to President Trump’s lies. But as regular as they have become, the country should not allow itself to become numb to them. So we have cataloged nearly every outright lie he has told publicly since taking the oath of office.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/06/23/opinion/trumps-lies.html?smid=tw-nytopinion&smtyp=cur

Posted · Report post

Politicians lie... but I would believe a politician before I believe anything Trump has said 

Posted · Report post

Im glad Obama is still active making comments and appearances.....most former presidents kinda take a back seat and stay quiet

Posted · Report post

Im glad Obama is still active making comments and appearances.....most former presidents kinda take a back seat and stay quiet

And Trump HATES it.  Been tweeting about Obama all day today.

meanwhile Ivanka trippin

Ivanka Trump is a senior adviser to the president of the United States. Which makes what she told "Fox and Friends" on Monday very, very odd.

"You know, I try to stay out of politics," Ivanka told Ainsley Earhardt in response to a question about whether she ever advised her father -- aka President Donald Trump -- about his Twitter feed.

Bitch what?  You got an office in the West Wing don't try it.  She just dont want to keep answering questions about the hateful shit her father tweeted all day everyday.  Or what Russian banks her husband got shady loans from.

Posted · Report post

meanwhile Ivanka trippin

Bitch what?  You got an office in the West Wing don't try it.  She just dont want to keep answering questions about the hateful shit her father tweeted all day everyday.  Or what Russian banks her husband got shady loans from.

The question wasn't even political... that would be too much for her. The question was pertaining her father's mindless rants on social media. 

God this First Family is THE absolute WORST

Posted · Report post

B3E98DA4-FF53-4663-A150-A72F559F29A5_zps

Posted · Report post

meanwhile Ivanka trippin

a bitch got coins to make -_- she owns and runs companies and she's in this to get a leg up