Bye Trump: Our National Disgrace. Finally evicted his orange ass

kidfresh832

WASHINGTON — Paul Manafort surrendered to federal authorities Monday morning, after a person close to the case said the first charges were filed in a special counsel investigation.

The charges against Mr. Manafort, President Trump’s former campaign chairman, were not immediately clear but represent a significant escalation in a special counsel investigation that has cast a shadow over the president’s first year in office. Also charged was Mr. Manafort’s former business associate Rick Gates, who was also told to surrender on Monday, the person said.

Mr. Manafort walked into the F.B.I.’s field office in Washington at about 8:15 a.m. with his lawyer.

Mr. Gates is a longtime protégé and junior partner of Mr. Manafort. His name appears on documents linked to companies that Mr. Manafort’s firm set up in Cyprus to receive payments from politicians and businesspeople in Eastern Europe, records reviewed by The New York Times show.

Mr. Manafort had been under investigation for violations of federal tax law, money laundering and whether he appropriately disclosed his foreign lobbying.

Attempts to reach Mr. Gates on Monday were not successful. A spokesman for Mr. Manafort did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Mr. Manafort has expected charges since this summer, when F.B.I. agents raided his home and prosecutors warned him that they planned to indict him. That warning raised speculation that Mr. Manafort might try to cut a deal to avoid prosecution.

Mr. Trump’s lawyer, Ty Cobb, said there were no concernsthat Mr. Manafort would offer damaging information about the president in exchange for a deal.

Some close to Mr. Manafort, including his former business partner Roger J. Stone Jr., have said he had nothing to offer that would help prosecutors build a case against Mr. Trump.

“He’s not going to lie,” Mr. Stone said in September.

Mr. Manafort, a veteran Republican strategist, joined the Trump campaign in March 2016 to help keep delegates from breaking with Mr. Trump in favor of establishment Republican candidates. Mr. Trump soon promoted him to chairman and chief strategist, a job that gave him control over day-to-day operations of the campaign.

But Mr. Trump fired Mr. Manafort just months later, after reports that he received more than $12 million in undisclosed payments from Viktor F. Yanukovych, the former Ukrainian president and a pro-Russia politician. Mr. Manafort spent years as a political consultant for Mr. Yanukovych.

American intelligence agencies have concluded that President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia launched a stealth campaign of hacking and propaganda to try to damage Hillary Clinton and help Mr. Trump win the election. The Justice Department appointed Robert S. Mueller III as special counsel in May to lead the investigation into the Russian operations and to determine whether anyone around Mr. Trump was involved.

Mr. Trump has denied any such collusion, and no evidence has surfaced publicly to contradict him. At the same time, Mr. Trump and his advisers this year repeatedly denied any contacts with Russians during the campaign, only to have journalists uncover one undisclosed meeting after another.

The New York Times revealed in July that Mr. Manafort and others close to Mr. Trump met with Russians last year, on the promise of receiving damaging political information about Mrs. Clinton.

NYTimes

Edited by kidfresh832

Tony Podesto just stepped down right after this Mueller mess. Oh baby it's going down and he ain't trying to be in court lol

Tony Podesta stepping down from lobbying giant amid Mueller probe

Podesta announced his decision during a firm-wide meeting Monday morning and is alerting clients of his impending departure.

By ANNA PALMER

10/30/2017 01:02 PM EDT

Democratic power lobbyist Tony Podesta, founder of the Podesta Group, is stepping down from the firm that bears his name after coming under investigation by special counsel Robert Mueller.

Podesta announced his decision during a firm-wide meeting Monday morning and is alerting clients of his impending departure.

Podesta’s decision to leave the firm came on the same day that former Donald Trump campaign aides Paul Manafort and Rick Gates were indicted on multiple charges, including money laundering, operating as federal agents of the Ukrainian government, failing to disclose overseas bank accounts and making false statements to federal authorities. Trump campaign foreign policy advisor George Papadopoulos pleaded guilty earlier this month for lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russian officials, according to court records.

The investigation into Podesta and his firm grew out of investigators’ examination of Manafort’s finances. Manafort organized a PR campaign on behalf of a nonprofit called the European Centre for a Modern Ukraine. Podesta Group was one of several firms that were paid to do work on the PR campaign to promote Ukraine in the U.S.

Podesta Group filed paperwork with the Justice Department in April stating that it had done work for the European Centre for a Modern Ukraine that also benefited the same Ukrainian political party that Manafort once advised. Podesta Group said at the time it believed its client was a European think tank untethered to a political party.

Podesta is handing over full operational and financial control of the firm to longtime firm CEO Kimberley Fritts, according to multiple sources with knowledge of Monday's meeting. Fritts and a senior group of the Podesta team will be launching a new firm in the next one or two days. Sources said the transition has been in the works for the past several months.

“[Tony] was very magnanimous and said, “This is an amazing group of people,” a source said of Podesta’s remarks. Podesta also told staff he “doesn’t intend to go quietly, or learn how to play golf.” He said he “needs to fight this as an individual, but doesn’t want the firm to fight it.”

Fritts also addressed the gathering, telling staff that she is “thrilled at this opportunity” and that, “This is not about me, this is about y’all.” Several other senior staff spoke about their excitement about the future of the firm. The meeting ended with a resounding ovation for Podesta.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/30/tony-podesta-stepping-down-from-lobbying-giant-amid-mueller-probe-244314

Edited by JoeJoe
  • Downvote 1

Oh yes baby this was on twitter last night. Joy tore her ass apart :lol: 

Edited by JoeJoe

23 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

When will he go away??‍♂️

What is his general popularity rating like? I know anyone with any sense can’t stand him but what about the people in his party and the people that voted for him, are they getting as frustrated with him as the rest of the world?

4 hours ago, Amy said:

What is his general popularity rating like? I know anyone with any sense can’t stand him but what about the people in his party and the people that voted for him, are they getting as frustrated with him as the rest of the world?

His general approval rating has been in the low to mid 30s the entire presidency.

But most say his GOP approval rating specifically stays highish 80ish percent is what I have been hearing.  Which is the excuse people give that the GOP doesn't more strongly stand up to him.  Because, he took over their base and they need his supporters to not be mad so they can keep the majority and maybe stumble some of their bullshit policies through.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Amy said:

@kidfresh832 is right. His overall approval rating is the lowest it’s ever been for president in the history of presidents first year

Overall, 87% of the GOP approves Trump while only 32% of Independants and 5% of Democrats approve of his duty as Mistake of the United States

His average approval rating is 38% with his (up-to-date) weekly is about 37% currently 

• Upvote 1

This is a truly disgusting human being. When his presidency is over I can guarantee many of his companies will fail. I bet Melania is disgusted and embarrassed but she knows better than to say anything or her ass will be shipped back to where she came from.

21 minutes ago, Bailey. said:

Who thinks Oprah will run? Baring in mind Oprah has said in the past she has zero interests in politics, BUT imagine if she did run for President?

I almost don’t want her to... While good grace with the world would return, but I don’t think she knows politics... Like actual politics. Maybe Governor first 

Then again, it can’t be worse than Trump

2 hours ago, State of the Game said:

I almost don’t want her to... While good grace with the world would return, but I don’t think she knows politics... Like actual politics. Maybe Governor first 

Then again, it can’t be worse than Trump

I hear all that but Trump has broken the system you dont have to know shit about politics to become President, and Oprah would really gather them votes, she would slay Trump, in debate and anything else, she is sooooooo good at the whole talking thing she knows people and she knows how to handle them well

10 hours ago, Bailey. said:

I hear all that but Trump has broken the system you dont have to know shit about politics to become President, and Oprah would really gather them votes, she would slay Trump, in debate and anything else, she is sooooooo good at the whole talking thing she knows people and she knows how to handle them well

I know but in terms and in comparison to Barack, Oprah isn’t quite the contender. This is a free country after all but how far is too far with these celebrities 

4 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Oprah will NEVER RUN. 

Where have you ppl been? Oprah has been asked about running for president a gazillion times and her answer is always "I would never, I'm not qualified". 

The end. She's too smart to put herself in that kind of position. Trump wasn't

Pre-Trump era? If Trump can gather a following of racists, elderly, and the ignorant, surely Oprah can 

2 hours ago, State of the Game said:

I know but in terms and in comparison to Barack, Oprah isn’t quite the contender. This is a free country after all but how far is too far with these celebrities 

Pre-Trump era? If Trump can gather a following of racists, elderly, and the ignorant, surely Oprah can 

Oprah has shunned the idea pre- and post- Trump. She is fully aware she has a following and Trump being elected is a sheer example of possibilities but she understands the job of office is far more important than popularity and she doesn't feel equipped enough to run a country cus she doesn't feel knowledgeable enough to do so. Which brings me back to saying Oprah is smart to not take the job, while Trump was stupid to do so. You need to always stay in your lane 

• 5 weeks later...

Who are these people kidding?  I would not buy my boss a Snickers bar without expensing it back to the company.   I be expensing tolls it takes to get to a vendor's facility and my morning Starbucks.  Who fixta pay $130k for your bosses hooker with your OWN money and not get reimbursed?  These lies are so outrageous.

• Upvote 3

we all have to keep and hold on to hope, there are so many people that do not agree with what's taken place, and you never know what the future holds, I mean people on the Court drop dead all of a sudden and theres an opening and not every Justice that ends up on the court is predictable. We have three branches of government and they are designed to check the powers of the other. I could let my heart be broken but I will not allow this to deter my hope that society will continue to progress forward regardless of a possible conservative Court

• Upvote 1