Brandy performs medley at Soul Train Awards. Comes for Monica live on stage?

bu.

Brandy began her Soul Train Awards performance atop a ladder, backlit and angelic, with a slow, mournful a cappella bit from “Almost Doesn’t Count.” Honored as a Lady of Soul and afforded a (frustratingly rare) stage to perform a medley of her most beloved songs, she refreshed our memories as to why she’s our lifelong fave: that voice, that voice, so fully and richly in the pocket, imbued with a slight rasp when it’s called for but never letting that throw her off her pitch. Brandy’s voice! Brandy’s range! Her medley included “Full Moon” and “Baby” and “I Wanna Be Down” and throwback choreography; Ma$e emerged for “Top of the World” in a white fur and Teyana Taylor, a Harlem girl, lost her mind in the audience. Her chance to shine was a gift to us. 

Watch performance: http://bet.us/2gfm5Z3

And the moment she supposedly fired shots out at Monica, changing the lyrics to her 2004 flop bop "Talk About Our Love"

She changed lyrics to, "It's always something, talking ish again, then your whole fan base jumps in, and now the whole 'Gram's buzzing'". Apparently the 2 fell out a few years ago and Brandy threw shots recently when asked to do the So Gone challenge.

Monica responded with some class:

Monica on Brandys alleged Soul Train shade: I respect the legend she is entertainment monica response 300x103

Brandy is a mess. I loved her but lately her personality is just insufferable. This was YOUR moment and you chose to be petty?

• Upvote 2

Two forty year old women fighting over nothing. Nice job ladies. No wonder no one pays attention to ye 

Clearly you dont read . Monica is not "fighting" with Brandy.. Shes minding her own business while Brandy is steadily taking shots. Monica has been taking the high road by responding with kind words like a mature person does even tho I would juss not say nothing at all. Thats just me 

Edited by janetDAYZ

Well Brandy said she's no longer gonna stand by and let people say stuff and that she ain't no punk like she used to be. I think she didn't like the fact that Monica went on "The Real" and discussed her.

Brandy had already took a shot at Monica (which was random) ..thats WHY Monica spoke on it cus they brought her up ? its not like ? Monica said anything bad anyway. Brandy like to cast the first stone then play victim when Monica's fanbase rips her to shreds. Monica already laid hands on Brandy back in the day. Brandy needs to chill cus this aint what she wants!

Edited by janetDAYZ

Clearly you dont read . Monica is not "fighting" with Brandy.. Shes minding her own business while Brandy is steadily taking shots. Monica has been taking the high road by responding with kind words like a mature person does even tho I would juss not say nothing at all. Thats just me 

Clearly you thought I cared enough about this "story" to read about it

I'm so glad I'm not in the up and up of moronic, immature, grown ass, celebrity, petty feuds. I had no idea this was going on between them. Nice response by Monica though. It's refreshing to see some celebrities with class, who know how to respond like gracious adults, and move on.

Edited by Jodienda76
  • Upvote 1

Brandy had already took a shot at Monica (which was random) ..thats WHY Monica spoke on it cus they brought her up ? its not like ? Monica said anything bad anyway. Brandy like to cast the first stone then play victim when Monica's fanbase rips her to shreds. Monica already laid hands on Brandy back in the day. Brandy needs to chill cus this aint what she wants!

Shit maybe Brandy feel like "Yeah bitch I was scared back then when you laid hands on me but i'm grown now so wassup?" :lol:

• Upvote 2

Monica obviously slighted Brandy in some way shape or form...clearly their is more to the story which is why Brandy is so relentless about  the situation. Someone needs to spill the tea...Im thinking Dollar General asked them to perform TBIM and Monica wanted a bigger cut off the proceeds. Either way Brandy is out here looking crazy.

Girl, all this discussion about "class" is a bit much. Please. While Brandy wasn't smart about inserting the drama into her performance, she has a right to defend herself. She may not be going about it the right way, but I don't blame her.

• Upvote 1

Girl, all this discussion about "class" is a bit much. Please. While Brandy wasn't smart about inserting the drama into her performance, she has a right to defend herself. She may not be going about it the right way, but I don't blame her.

what was done to Brandy tho? Defending herself pertaining to what tho?