Sooo Janet was snubbed by the Grammys

janet.1814

so right Jarrylf, if they did the research they would know Janet's had very little recognition from NARAS, and when she has most of her awards are for videos! Not so much the music. BUT they do Mariah the same way so its very political.

ANYWAY, I just wanna thank Janet, Jimmy and Terry for a great album and giving us another album to listen to its been a very long road being a Janet fan, and those die hards of us stay here because we truly love Janet...at this point let them other new chicks in the game get theirs, Janet got plenty of recognition for her work in many areas over the years, most artists today would die to have the career Janet Jackson has had.

I think Janet low-key got the message early on that the Grammy's are all about ass kissing and rattings and bribe--campaigning early on thus...like lets think about it, she's ONLY attended and actually performed one time, and made a cameo appearance to introduce before, AND was gonna go as a favor to Luther...but lets not on THAT. But yea I don't think she's ever taken them seriously in her career imo. Hell even in the interviews where she was presented her Grammy's on camera it seemed very ".....that's nice, anyway" LOL

Why the fuck is this trophy so fucking important to you guys? If she were to perform there, then I would've been all over it. I'm actually with Game on this one. Grammys are shit. 

#PREACH

• Upvote 5

I notice this every time I attempt to listen to the album in my car. NS just doesn't sound as good as it did a year and a half ago. 

I find myself skipping more tracks than I did a year ago as well. BHH could have been left on the cutting room floor. Same with BIU. POY should have been on the album and not that interlude. 

YES! Don't agree with No Sleeep, but BurnItUp!, 2 Be Loved or even Broken Hearts Heal are aging FAST.
Let's all agree in one thing: We missed her, we love the album, it's a very good album, but this Era was all about PLAYING SAFE.

I am not a huge Discipline fan, for the lack of connection and Janet's involvement on the creative process, but it hasn't aged that much yet (not talking about the shit tracks that sound like demos lol) Listen to Rock With U, So Much Betta, LUV... So fresh! Tinashe just released a single that sounds (and looks) just like LUV.

Anyway... Unbreakable is amazing and I am very thankfull to Janet for releasing it, but it's playing safe from start to finish.
Including the videos, tour and all around it.

Edited by feehgarcia

YES! Don't agree with No Sleeep, but BurnItUp!, 2 Be Loved or even Broken Hearts Heal are aging FAST.Let's all agree in one thing: We missed her, we love the album, it's a very good album, but this Era was all about PLAYING SAFE.

I am not a huge Discipline fan, for the lack of connection and Janet's involvement on the creative process, but it hasn't aged that much yet (not talking about the shit tracks that sound like demos lol) Listen to Rock With U, So Much Betta, LUV... So fresh! Tinashe just released a single that sounds (and looks) just like LUV.

Anyway... Unbreakable is amazing and I am very thankfull to Janet for releasing it, but it's playing safe from start to finish.

All of those songs you named from a discipline are shit. Tinashe is shit which is why she's flopping left and right 

I don't think she played it safe. Unbreakable album isn't broad but it isn't safe

YES! Don't agree with No Sleeep, but BurnItUp!, 2 Be Loved or even Broken Hearts Heal are aging FAST.Let's all agree in one thing: We missed her, we love the album, it's a very good album, but this Era was all about PLAYING SAFE.

This era wasn't about playing it safe. It was an "Okay, here's the album. Leave me tf alone now." :lol: She just used the "for the fans" narrative as a scapegoat from admitting that she just wants to move to Qatar and live the rest of her life. She released it under her label and was her own boss. So she didn't have to promote, so she didn't. She didn't care about this project. I see right thru all her passive-aggressive bullshit. :lmao: 

And yeah some of the songs from Discipline do sound a little better, namely the first three singles. -_- Hell even COM still sounds good. :umm:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Rock With U is in my top 5 Janet songs of all time. It ain't aging fast anytime soon. It's too damn sexy and the bassline thumps baby!

This era wasn't about playing it safe. It was an "Okay, here's the album. Leave me tf alone now." :lol: She just used the "for the fans" narrative as a scapegoat from admitting that she just wants to move to Qatar and live the rest of her life. She released it under her label and was her own boss. So she didn't have to promote, so she didn't. She didn't care about this project. I see right thru all her passive-aggressive bullshit. :lmao: 

And yeah some of the songs from Discipline do sound a little better, namely the first three singles. -_- Hell even COM still sounds good. :umm:

That's exactly what it was. I've said it since the beginning that Janet gave us this album cause we kept bugging her for new music lol.

• Upvote 1

She was probably thinking "If it happens... that's nice. If not... oh well." lol

At the end of the day I got a solid record, so I'll lose no sleeep over it. ;)

I honestly dont even think she cares one way or the other, I think she wanted to put out a great album, which she did, and she wanted to see her fans again which she did

• Upvote 3

Lets stop acting surprised about expected stuff. I think some fans don't recognize that Janet is a bit detached from the industry as a whole. People love and respect her legacy but the days of her getting Grammy nods & award performances, & public performances is kinda yesteryear. 

This album was GREAT on a fan level but for the average person, they're not as connected to it. That's just the truth. 

• Upvote 3

Lets stop acting surprised about expected stuff. I think some fans don't recognize that Janet is a bit detached from the industry as a whole. People love and respect her legacy but the days of her getting Grammy nods & award performances, & public performances is kinda yesteryear. 

This album was GREAT on a fan level but for the average person, they're not as connected to it. That's just the truth. 

I don't think that many fans were surprise but moreso a little disappointed. Imo, even if she campaigned it was a long shot. It's just that people now want to knock on the record because it didn't  get the outside validation some fans wanted.

• Upvote 2

I don't think that many fans were surprise but moreso a little disappointed. Imo, even if she campaigned it was a long shot. It's just that people now want to knock on the record because it didn't  get the outside validation some fans wanted.

IMO, to be disappointed means you had some level of expectation. I didn't even know the Grammy noms were coming out. When they did I didn't check and didn't care. I also do feel that a lack of push/energy behind an album can make it age differently. I will agree there are some songs I skip more than I originally did when I first got the album but that happens with music. Sometimes the hype of newness blinds you but once you sit with it and let it all sink in you find your solid gems and the others that are decent. 

• Upvote 2

IMO, to be disappointed means you had some level of expectation. I didn't even know the Grammy noms were coming out. When they did I didn't check and didn't care. I also do feel that a lack of push/energy behind an album can make it age differently. I will agree there are some songs I skip more than I originally did when I first got the album but that happens with music. Sometimes the hype of newness blinds you but once you sit with it and let it all sink in you find your solid gems and the others that are decent. 

But I'm only reading stuff like this in this thread.  We had a retrospective thread about this and I didn't read much of what I'm reading now. That's what makes some of the comments eyeroll-worthy.

Janet has done so much for us that I don't feel the need to emotionally invest in stuff like this. 

• Upvote 2

But I'm only reading stuff like this in this thread.  We had a retrospective thread about this and I didn't read much of what I'm reading now. That's what makes some of the comments eyeroll-worthy.

Janet has done so much for us that I don't feel the need to emotionally invest in stuff like this. 

I missed the retrospective thread but I hear you. I'm sure some fans are bandwagon and I'm sure some have valid feelings. Janet created a very good album that spoke to the new person she is, & that's amazing. It had more potential than it received. 

• Upvote 3

They weren't connected cause she didn't promote it enough for them to get connected. Some people til this day still don't know she had an album out smh.

If she campaigned it would've done way better. The whole industry was waiting on her including celebs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

on that basis, why the hell would she be motivated to give another album?

and im not one to give a shit about any awards, but I bet everyones panties would be moist if she got nominated yet alone won anything

and im not one to give a shit about any awards, but I bet everyones panties would be moist if she got nominated yet alone won anything

of couse we would, as Janet fans we will always get excited over any recognition she recieves. But some of us don't need to be emotionally reliant upon those prospects, especially if she is among the most awarded of all time already.

lol! I couldn't help but laugh at this. I do feel that Janet is detached from the industry. I believe that private Janet has completely taken over from public Janet. I feel she only put this album out because of her fans. She didn't want to fuck with anything else  which is why she didn't give any interviews. Once her baby is born (which I think he is already here) it's going to be interesting how much we see of her. It really feels like she just wants to live a quiet life now. And hell I don't blame. She has been working since she was 7.

• Upvote 1

no. Some fans only want bragging rights on social media or whatever. Those fans are disappointed and need validation from trophies

Some fans don't give two shits about a trophy. The Grammy's is a popularity contest... not a critically acclaimed award ceremony. I've heard it been said in the past and if still holds true today. 

• Upvote 1

That's exactly what it was. I've said it since the beginning that Janet gave us this album cause we kept bugging her for new music lol.

And it painfully shows. That's the problem. -_- Plus I doubt she wanted to bow out with Discipline as her final album. 

I fucking hate you.

:wub:

She probably won't unless we get on her nerves enough. I doubt she even wants to finish the tour, which, imo, isn't gonna happen the way things are looking.

Of course they would. The AMAs had them voting around the clock. There wasn't a day leading up to the AMAs that one of those tweets didn't come across my time line. 

lol! I couldn't help but laugh at this. I do feel that Janet is detached from the industry. I believe that private Janet has completely taken over from public Janet. I feel she only put this album out because of her fans. She didn't want to fuck with anything else  which is why she didn't give any interviews. Once her baby is born (which I think he is already here) it's going to be interesting how much we see of her. It really feels like she just wants to live a quiet life now. And hell I don't blame. She has been working since she was 7.

This is all coming to past. She doesn't want to be bothered with this life anymore. It was written all over her face during the Discipline era. There was an interview she did where I don't even think she knew she was alive. :wacko:

And it painfully shows. That's the problem. -_- Plus I doubt she wanted to bow out with Discipline as her final album. 

:wub:

She probably won't unless we get on her nerves enough. I doubt she even wants to finish the tour, which, imo, isn't gonna happen the way things are looking.

Of course they would. The AMAs had them voting around the clock. There wasn't a day leading up to the AMAs that one of those tweets didn't come across my time line. 

This is all coming to past. She doesn't want to be bothered with this life anymore. It was written all over her face during the Discipline era. There was an interview she did where I don't even think she knew she was alive. :wacko:

Unbreakable isn't her final album :rolleyes: 

You based that off nothing except your biased "feelings" 

Coming from a fan who doesn't vote for trophies including the RRHOF, pity on them 

• Upvote 1

Unbreakable isn't her final album :rolleyes: 

You based that off nothing except your biased "feelings" 

Coming from a fan who doesn't vote for trophies including the RRHOF, pity on them 

This is her final album for quite some time. She not going to be rushing back to the studio after having the baby, and possibly finishing the tour. She's moving to Qatar and not coming back. 

This is her final album for quite some time. She not going to be rushing back to the studio after having the baby, and possibly finishing the tour. She's moving to Qatar and not coming back. 

That doesn't mean anything.. "quite some time" could mean two years, three, a decade, four decades. You left it open to interpretation on purpose bc you don't believe half the bullshit you say. The point being, this isn't her last album period so using the word "final" is just silly

I neither remember saying nor implying that she's going straight back to the studio. You made that up. 

She lives in London and still has property in Paris, LA & NYC so your blank statement that she's "not coming back" is stupid. 

nice try tho. Keep leading the Great Depressed now that facts mean nothing under Trump's America

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 1

That doesn't mean anything.. "quite some time" could mean two years, three, a decade, four decades. You left it open to interpretation on purpose bc you don't believe half the bullshit you say. The point being, this isn't her last album period so using the word "final" is just silly

I neither remember saying nor implying that she's going straight back to the studio. You made that up. 

She lives in London and still has property in Paris, LA & NYC so your blank statement that she's "not coming back" is stupid. 

nice try tho. Keep leading the Great Depressed now that facts mean nothing under Trump's America

Game. Oh la la. Je ne sais pas ou commencer. Donc, je ne crois pas c'est parce que tu es une salope, ou parce que tu habite en un monde ou les personnes ont....non c'est just parce que tu es un baudet.

Unbreakable est le album finale de Janet. Elle n'aime pas nous. Cette vie de musique, filme, et des autres est ennuyeuse pour Janet maintenant. Elle a attender sept annee pour une autre album. Et apres elle donne le albume, elle est fantome. Retirez votre tete de son cul, et entrez dans la realite. :sigh: