Kim Burrell's Anti homosexuality Sermon backlash

kidfresh832

Gospel superstar and pastor Kim Burrell is on the receiving end of a welcome backlash over a spiritually violent, disgusting sermon she delivered about the LGBT community. But while the response to her comments is welcome, the incident is about so much more than a message that sounded like it came directly from the Ku Klux Klan.

While the actual date of the so-called sermon is unclear, the video went viral this week, just days before she was scheduled to appear on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," hosted by one of the most visible "homosexual spirits" on the planet.

"Everybody in this room who's filled with the homosexual spirit, beg God to free you," Burrell ranted in the video. "You play with it. What does that mean? You'll die from it. You play with it in God's house in 2017, you'll die from it."

Following an epic backlash on social media, Burrell released an asinine apology for, and defense of, her ugly message on a Facebook Live. "I never said God was killing gays in 2017. I said people who operate with that spirit in the church, with deception and attached themselves, are going to have to face the master. That's what I said, and death is attached to their behavior," she said.
She also blamed the reaction for her alleged sermon on "the enemy" being at work.
Burrell is clearly terrified her "business of church" will be affected by the media firestorm. After all, the church is a corporation -- one that doesn't pay taxes -- and appearing on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" would no doubt give her business a boost.
But according to reports Tuesday, Burrell won't get a chance to put her soul on the auction block for a boost in sales for her single with Pharrell Williams, "I See a Victory." DeGeneres reportedly canceled her appearance. Ironically, the song -- which Burrell was scheduled to perform on the show -- is from the movie "Hidden Figures," which stars Jim Parsons, an openly gay actor, and Taraji P. Henson and Janelle Monae, all of whom have been advocates for "homosexual spirits."

This was a good Opinion piece I thought about how the Church has sheltered and fostered homophobia and hate speech.  I will say I had no idea who Kim Burrell is until this started coming out and the sermon went viral.  She is featured in a song with Pharell  for a movie with an openly gay actor and was scheduled to go on a gay talk show to try and promote it.  But, shes over here bashing and preaching hate about gays.  

But you hear alot of this type thing from churches which I have always found to be strange.  The amount of hate and effort that goes into attacking or demonizing homosexuals just seems wildly disproportionate to issues like divorce, or all these fathers that don't take care of their kids.  Or other things that are much more pressing you would think and need to be addressed and focused on in the community.  

Tamar Braxton responded with a tweet that Ellen shouldn't have cancelled and should have used it as a teaching moment to educate Kim.  But I agree with the cancellation don't give her a national platform imo. 

Edited by kidfresh832

Ellen has used her show for teaching moments several times. She shouldn't have to keep doing it. These gospel artists are the worse. They want to be all in the secular world and make money off of people they think are perverts and then condemn them at the same  time. Bitch your best friend was Whitney Houston a lesbian. You were on Frank Oceans blonde album. Then you book Ellen. What was she going to say about that when she met the master 

Edited by DasSad
  • Upvote 1