What TV Shows Are You Into Now?

Bailey

• 2 weeks later...

I missed the episode with Rihanna! I heard it was good. I'm gonna have to try to find the name of that episode cause I heard she did a really good job.

she was in a couple at the most but she did the unexpected, she flipped the script ...its an updated version of what happen in the movie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

American Gods on STARZ

uhm this shit is fucking NUTS. All kinds of Mythological Gods come to America for something.  Odin, Anubis, African Goddess Biliquis "Queen of Sheba".  I mean there are huge dick Middle Eastern genis fucking dudes.  And without spoilers Queen of Sheba pussy is scary as fuck

• Upvote 1

American Gods on STARZ

uhm this shit is fucking NUTS. All kinds of Mythological Gods come to America for something.  Odin, Anubis, African Goddess Biliquis "Queen of Sheba".  I mean there are huge dick Middle Eastern genis fucking dudes.  And without spoilers Queen of Sheba pussy is scary as fuck

ricky-whittle.jpg

Edited by kidfresh832
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Netflix Cancelling Sense8 is outrageous!  It was apparently really expensive to shoot but I would have preferred them cutting the budget.  Hope another network picks it up for the next season

[IMG]

[IMG]

speaking of, I started "American Gods" thanks to you :) and it is by far the best thing Ive seen hit tv in a long time....it is amazingly shot, and it is cutting edge, only 5 episodes in, since it is a new show and all, my only concern, is they need to take it off Starz and put it on a bigger venue like Netflix, apparently HBO was supposed to do "AG" but for whatever reason didn't ...BUT the sex scene between the Genie and the Muslim guy was wow jaw dropping, I read so many comments about that scene people were either free about it or "grossed" out, it was really graphic but tastefully. I love Gillian Anderson as the God Media, she slays ever scene, only problem there is Gillian Anderson is now back on to do the X Files, so Im kinda wondering how that's going to workout, because "American Gods" is going to be a huge thing

American Gods on STARZ

ricky-whittle.jpg

and yes he is smoking hot.....damn hot whew lord ....only problem with him is he has a body and a face but his acting is garbage. I also take offense to how the Queen of Sheba is being portrayed as this Jezebel temptress whose power comes from sex and devouring other people, I think most Black women would find her offensive....they need to do more with her character than have her screw :filenails:

Netflix Cancelling Sense8 is outrageous!  It was apparently really expensive to shoot but I would have preferred them cutting the budget.  Hope another network picks it up for the next season

[IMG]

[IMG]

Netflix doesnt publish their ratings, if a show is costly and has low ratings, once Netflix gives it the axe you can figure it was low ratings ...not worth the money they put out

Netflix doesnt publish their ratings, if a show is costly and has low ratings, once Netflix gives it the axe you can figure it was low ratings ...not worth the money they put out

They said it cost like 9 million per episode.  And Game of Thrones is like 10.  Sense8 is good and all but it isnt a cultural phenomenon like GOT that would justify that high a cost.  SO I get the money part, and it is a super LGBT heavy show so the ratings probably were not high either.

and yes he is smoking hot.....damn hot whew lord ....only problem with him is he has a body and a face but his acting is garbage. I also take offense to how the Queen of Sheba is being portrayed as this Jezebel temptress whose power comes from sex and devouring other people, I think most Black women would find her offensive....they need to do more with her character than have her screw :filenails:

The Vulcan episode was good.  I liked how shady they were to gun nuts, and racists there.  And they finally started doing something with the gay cab driver.  Making the whole getting dicked down by the genie scene actually matter rather than just be explicit/titillating for no reason.

As for Queen of Sheba, like the genie and the african god on the slave ship so far they are completely random and unconnected to the main plot so their character building will be awkward and limited it would seem to me until they start folding into the main story more and more.

The Vulcan episode was good.  I liked how shady they were to gun nuts, and racists there.  And they finally started doing something with the gay cab driver.  Making the whole getting dicked down by the genie scene actually matter rather than just be explicit/titillating for no reason.

As for Queen of Sheba, like the genie and the african god on the slave ship so far they are completely random and unconnected to the main plot so their character building will be awkward and limited it would seem to me until they start folding into the main story more and more.

the Muslim sex scene was more about two men coming from a country where being gay is punishable by death, both men new to America find themselves in a moment that leads towards making love, something neither character may have experienced coming from where they are from

Edited by Bailey.

I watched the Netflix series 13 Reasons Why on the way to Brazil.  It was interesting I thought.  A girl commits suicide and each episode is one of her reasons that lead her to that point.  It has themes of bullying, all different variations, consequences of teen drinking, peer pressure, love, hate, frenemies, stalkers.  Its all there and the way they weave the reasons together and everyone's reactions to the suicide and the discovery of the part they played in it was interesting.

I finished that the other day. Thought it was really good, the suicide scene itself was difficult to watch. I'm looking forward to season 2 next year.

I watched the Netflix series 13 Reasons Why on the way to Brazil.  It was interesting I thought.  A girl commits suicide and each episode is one of her reasons that lead her to that point.  It has themes of bullying, all different variations, consequences of teen drinking, peer pressure, love, hate, frenemies, stalkers.  Its all there and the way they weave the reasons together and everyone's reactions to the suicide and the discovery of the part they played in it was interesting.

Fx's Legion was EXCELLENT imo.  But, its the type of show that might not appeal to everyone.  Very trippy, cerebral, but one of the best performances on a Marvel Villain in a very different way I felt with the Shadow King brought to the screen for the first time. 

I need to be in a good mood to watch that it sounds so melancholy

They said it cost like 9 million per episode.  And Game of Thrones is like 10.  Sense8 is good and all but it isnt a cultural phenomenon like GOT that would justify that high a cost.  SO I get the money part, and it is a super LGBT heavy show so the ratings probably were not high either.

Ive been reading up on Sense8 due to the cancellation and yes it is a very LGBT oriented series, gonna miss that, hate to say it but the "gay" characters are str8 in real life <_< the fellas that is. Now back to "American Gods" I had to rewatch the Vulcan God episode because your analysis was spot on, didnt catch that the first time. Im surprised you didnt understand the Muslim sex scene for what it was. :unsure:

Ive been reading up on Sense8 due to the cancellation and yes it is a very LGBT oriented series, gonna miss that, hate to say it but the "gay" characters are str8 in real life <_< the fellas that is. Now back to "American Gods" I had to rewatch the Vulcan God episode because your analysis was spot on, didnt catch that the first time. Im surprised you didnt understand the Muslim sex scene for what it was. :unsure:

I understood it perfectly. I never said I didn't. I'm talking about understanding their overall purpose in the larger narrative beyond The one off sex scene we had with them. I'm getting at I want to know more about the genie than he has a huge dick that can fuck you into changing your life. What are his motivations etc. 

But again after gay cabbie's reintroduction he at least had a purpose driving dead wife and leprechaun around. And making her contemplate religion and her own family. Right now he still seems kinda shallow as a character. At the he end of the day he has more development than Queen of Sheba and some of the other one offs though. 

Edited by kidfresh832
  • Upvote 1

I understood it perfectly. I never said I didn't. I'm talking about understanding their overall purpose in the larger narrative beyond The one off sex scene we had with them. I'm getting at I want to know more about the genie than he has a huge dick that can fuck you into changing your life. What are his motivations etc. 

But again after gay cabbie's reintroduction he at least had a purpose driving dead wife and leprechaun around. And making her contemplate religion and her own family. Right now he still seems kinda shallow as a character. At the he end of the day he has more development than Queen of Sheba and some of the other one offs though. 

what did you think of last night's episode?

what did you think of last night's episode?

They were trying to give leprechaun some character building and history, which I appreciate.  But, they use dead wife to play the Irish heffa, are they trying to say she was literally dead wife's ancestor?  And leprechaun had a link through history and her family from her devotion?  If so they didn't link it at all in any way in the modern parts other than it is the same actress.  If not...then whats the point of her being the same actress?

I mean I like the show and enjoy the weirdness.  And they are clearly purposefully ambiguous, even Shadow doesn't get clear straight answers and he's in the middle of it now.  I'm wondering if I should have read the books lol.  

• Upvote 1

It's hard for me to start a series and stick with it; binge-watching on Netflix is really the only way I watch shows outside of reality TV so recently I caught up with Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Maya as Dionne...............) and just finished The Keepers (HIGHLY recommended). I'm starting Chewing Gum now and I'm really mad for being so late. :lmao:

• Upvote 1

It's hard for me to start a series and stick with it; binge-watching on Netflix is really the only way I watch shows outside of reality TV so recently I caught up with Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Maya as Dionne...............) and just finished The Keepers (HIGHLY recommended). I'm starting Chewing Gum now and I'm really mad for being so late. :lmao:

because we do binge on Netflix and I love Unbreakable Kimmy Schimdt and this season seems better, Im saving it...not touching it ...yet, still have 13 reasons and Orange is the New Black and House of Cards....shit....  I am loving "American Gods" though which is not on Netflix but should be

Edited by Bailey.