• Announcements

• Planet Janet Rules   07/07/2015

General Rules for Planet Janet Welcome to Planet Janet! The main objective of this board is to express your love for Janet, your opinions, and to interact with an important segment of the Janet fandom.  To enjoy your experience here, below are general rules and guidelines to make your experience here be successful: The N Word Please be aware that the N word is going to be filtered on this forum. Most importantly, this word is not acceptable on this forum in any form; therefore, if it is used again by ANY member on here, it will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Consider this the first, only, and last warning regarding this. Music Download | Copyright Infringement Illegal download links to music from any artist are not permissible to be posted on this forum at any time. If you have posted an illegal download link, you must take it down immediately. Failure to remove the links, and/or subsequent, repeated offenses will result in disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban from the forum. Fan Threads of Other Artists Generally, we like to keep threads and/or topics about other artists within an Official Artist Thread.  This helps to eliminate clutter and redundancy throughout the forum and allow a one-stop shop to view comments on that particular artist not pertaining to Janet.  If there is HUGE news related to an artist and generates a lot of discussion, it is okay to have a standalone thread on that topic outside of the Official Thread. A good debate is OKAY in the Official Threads of other artists.  Official Threads are not complete sanctuaries of devotion of that particular artist; however, there is a need to be civil with other members.  Please refrain from personal attacks and arguments that devolve into personal attacks. Additionally, do NOT use Janet as means to defend an artist.  This forum is made in her honor, and putting her down to boast your particular artist is prohibited. Exercise good judgment and common sense.  If not, then the moderating team will exercise disciplinary action depending on the egregiousness of the action.  Please utilize this announcement as a first warning. Personal Attacks

Each member has a warning percentage - most of them are at zero right now but a few have been warned before. Each warning is worth 10%, and once it gets to 100% the member is automatically banned from the forum. 

Each time a member gets into an argument with another member that includes personal attacks, if it is reported or viewed by a member of the moderating team, each participant in the personal attack will get an increase in their warning percentage.  They will be notified via PM, and, prior to posting again, will receive a receipt acknowledging that warning before they can post again. The Moderating Team will never divulge a member's warn percentages on the forum or to other members.

What this means is you are now responsible for your own future on this forum. The Moderating Team will not keep asking you to stop and being ignored. Learn to let things go and learn to moderate yourself before posting; if you end up banned it will be your own fault. Personal attacks and include attacks on one’s race, age, religious creed, color, gender, national origin, physical, mental or visual disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital and military status, pregnancy or sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and general physical appearance/looks. Depending on the nature of the personal attack there will be corrective action up and including permanent banning. If you have any inquiries about your warning percentage, feel free to PM a mod for an answer. If you need any clarification on the rules, feel free to reach out to The Moderating Team.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What TV Shows Are You Into Now?

105 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I watched Supergirl because Netflix had a season of it....got into the most recent season then stopped watching it too

Posted · Report post

Insecure on HBO. They repped Janet twice in season 1 and ironically the star of the show is named Issa  

Posted · Report post

I watched Supergirl because Netflix had a season of it....got into the most recent season then stopped watching it too

is that show even good? I watch Arrow, Flash, Daredevil, Jessica Jones and the other DC shows but Supergirl just seems cheesier than the others.

Posted · Report post

is that show even good? I watch Arrow, Flash, Daredevil, Jessica Jones and the other DC shows but Supergirl just seems cheesier than the others.

Supergirl has a lighter whimsical tone to the entire series, and that's intentional on the creators'/writers' part

Posted · Report post

I've been binge watching "Shameless" that show has more sex on it than just about any show Ive seen recently and lots of nudity :excited:

Posted · Report post

I've been binge watching "Shameless" that show has more sex on it than just about any show Ive seen recently and lots of nudity :excited:

Yes! I loved when the gay boy walked in on the big white boy laying in bed naked who's dating that black girl. I like big meaty guys like that. 

Posted · Report post

I was with "Scandal" for a minute but I left it, same with "How to Get Away With Murder" the only show left Im willing to give a go to is "Shameless"

I could never get into Scandal...I never liked the fact that Olivia's smart beautiful ass was always reduced to the President's side chick... I just don't see the hype. 

I like HTGAWM but the constant going back in forth through time turned me off.

The Walking Dead is still currently my favorite. But it's also started to bore me a bit.

Posted · Report post

I could never get into Scandal...I never liked the fact that Olivia's smart beautiful ass was always reduced to the President's side chick... I just don't see the hype. 

I like HTGAWM but the constant going back in forth through time turned me off.

The Walking Dead is still currently my favorite. But it's also started to bore me a bit.

I will comeback to the Walking Dead just really into Shameless, the other shows you mentioned I dont care as much ...and yes Olivia was his side piece and that didnt sit well with me either. <_<

Posted · Report post

Yes! I loved when the gay boy walked in on the big white boy laying in bed naked who's dating that black girl. I like big meaty guys like that. 

he was a bit more toned when the show first started, I like seeing Jody naked...he looks good

Posted · Report post

I've been told by a few buddies that I should check out Shameless.. is it really that good? And is there really a ton of nudity...?!

Posted · Report post

I've been told by a few buddies that I should check out Shameless.. is it really that good? And is there really a ton of nudity...?!

Yes it is. Make sure you have lube and a condom while watching lol

Posted · Report post

It actually kicked my sex drive up recently because there's so much sex on the show I just felt like it was natural....there's a shit ton of fucking going on and LOTS of nudity....plus that show is really good no lie

Posted · Report post

The later seasons Shameless started falling off imo.  I get drama.  But at a certain point their self destruction is just so stupid.  Fiona for example blows up relationship after relationship and ALWAYS goes for the douche bag guy. Without spoilers there was at least 1 guy I will never understand why she fucked that up and I was officially done. 

And then Ian and Mickey I found to be really compelling story line the buildup of the dysfunctional relationship for several seasons.

Debbie is just awful cannot stand her.

Posted · Report post

The later seasons Shameless started falling off imo.  I get drama.  But at a certain point their self destruction is just so stupid.  Fiona for example blows up relationship after relationship and ALWAYS goes for the douche bag guy. Without spoilers there was at least 1 guy I will never understand why she fucked that up and I was officially done. 

And then Ian and Mickey I found to be really compelling story line the buildup of the dysfunctional relationship for several seasons.

you talking about the guy in the band huh?

Posted · Report post

im only in season 3 in the middle, but they have said since the first season Fionna only dates "pussies" which suggests her taste in men sucks

Posted · Report post

Im in season 4 .....she just totally fucked the wrong guy, and now looking back the better guy was the one she had :sigh:

Posted · Report post

This Is Us is lovely 

Posted · Report post

This Is Us is lovely 

I think Ive heard of that I will have to look it up

Posted · Report post

I think Im over "Shameless" its gotten dark and this last straw was Liam.....the little child didnt have that coming and for what? all because Fiona is a massive fuck up

Posted · Report post

I think Ive heard of that I will have to look it up

It's got Mandy Moore in it as well as Sterling (he played Darden in the People vs OJ)

Speaking of the Peoplevs OJ I watched that last weekend and loved it! Brilliant performance from everyone although Cuba came off a little camp OJ for me. 

Posted · Report post

I've watched the first two episodes of the new HBO show "Crashing" with Pete Holmes and TJ Miller and Sarah Silverman.. it's hilarious and I love it 

Posted · Report post

I'm watching season 2 of the Expanse now.  I read the fist book of the series a few years ago.  Its a decent space show on sy fy.  It is filling some of the void left from Battlestar Gallactica for space drama.

Also today Marvel's Iron Fist is on Netflix.  The last member of the Defenders team (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist).  On episode 5 now its ok.  My fav character is actually Coleen Wing on the series.  Danny Rand is kind of bland and one note.

Posted · Report post

I'm watching season 2 of the Expanse now.  I read the fist book of the series a few years ago.  Its a decent space show on sy fy.  It is filling some of the void left from Battlestar Gallactica for space drama.

Also today Marvel's Iron Fist is on Netflix.  The last member of the Defenders team (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist).  On episode 5 now its ok.  My fav character is actually Coleen Wing on the series.  Danny Rand is kind of bland and one note.

have you tried USA's Colony? Its sci-fi but they really light on the sci-fi

Posted · Report post

I binged all 7 seasons of "Shameless"  it got dark and not so funny....I missed the earlier seasons with characters like "Shelia" that made it so funny ...

Posted · Report post

I watched the Netflix series 13 Reasons Why on the way to Brazil.  It was interesting I thought.  A girl commits suicide and each episode is one of her reasons that lead her to that point.  It has themes of bullying, all different variations, consequences of teen drinking, peer pressure, love, hate, frenemies, stalkers.  Its all there and the way they weave the reasons together and everyone's reactions to the suicide and the discovery of the part they played in it was interesting.

Fx's Legion was EXCELLENT imo.  But, its the type of show that might not appeal to everyone.  Very trippy, cerebral, but one of the best performances on a Marvel Villain in a very different way I felt with the Shadow King brought to the screen for the first time.