• Announcements

• Planet Janet Rules   07/07/2015

General Rules for Planet Janet Welcome to Planet Janet! The main objective of this board is to express your love for Janet, your opinions, and to interact with an important segment of the Janet fandom.  To enjoy your experience here, below are general rules and guidelines to make your experience here be successful: The N Word Please be aware that the N word is going to be filtered on this forum. Most importantly, this word is not acceptable on this forum in any form; therefore, if it is used again by ANY member on here, it will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Consider this the first, only, and last warning regarding this. Music Download | Copyright Infringement Illegal download links to music from any artist are not permissible to be posted on this forum at any time. If you have posted an illegal download link, you must take it down immediately. Failure to remove the links, and/or subsequent, repeated offenses will result in disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban from the forum. Fan Threads of Other Artists Generally, we like to keep threads and/or topics about other artists within an Official Artist Thread.  This helps to eliminate clutter and redundancy throughout the forum and allow a one-stop shop to view comments on that particular artist not pertaining to Janet.  If there is HUGE news related to an artist and generates a lot of discussion, it is okay to have a standalone thread on that topic outside of the Official Thread. A good debate is OKAY in the Official Threads of other artists.  Official Threads are not complete sanctuaries of devotion of that particular artist; however, there is a need to be civil with other members.  Please refrain from personal attacks and arguments that devolve into personal attacks. Additionally, do NOT use Janet as means to defend an artist.  This forum is made in her honor, and putting her down to boast your particular artist is prohibited. Exercise good judgment and common sense.  If not, then the moderating team will exercise disciplinary action depending on the egregiousness of the action.  Please utilize this announcement as a first warning. Personal Attacks

Each member has a warning percentage - most of them are at zero right now but a few have been warned before. Each warning is worth 10%, and once it gets to 100% the member is automatically banned from the forum. 

Each time a member gets into an argument with another member that includes personal attacks, if it is reported or viewed by a member of the moderating team, each participant in the personal attack will get an increase in their warning percentage.  They will be notified via PM, and, prior to posting again, will receive a receipt acknowledging that warning before they can post again. The Moderating Team will never divulge a member's warn percentages on the forum or to other members.

What this means is you are now responsible for your own future on this forum. The Moderating Team will not keep asking you to stop and being ignored. Learn to let things go and learn to moderate yourself before posting; if you end up banned it will be your own fault. Personal attacks and include attacks on one’s race, age, religious creed, color, gender, national origin, physical, mental or visual disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital and military status, pregnancy or sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and general physical appearance/looks. Depending on the nature of the personal attack there will be corrective action up and including permanent banning. If you have any inquiries about your warning percentage, feel free to PM a mod for an answer. If you need any clarification on the rules, feel free to reach out to The Moderating Team.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hypothetical Question: What if Janet was Invited & Accepted to Perform at Inauguration?

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

how would you react?

Edited by Game XXIX

Posted · Report post

..take that you bishes!! ...wonder what song she would sing? The Knowledge?

Posted · Report post

doubt any of that can't even imagine that Jennifer Hudson pulled out because shit aint a good look honey....it would be a catastrophe

Posted · Report post

Nasty :shifty: 

Warmth

Posted · Report post

I'd hope she'd pop the other nipple out with there being some writing in bold paint that said "Fuck You Republicans".

Posted · Report post

She could perform Son Of A Gun. :D

Posted · Report post

she black, a woman, and muslim...good luck with that.

Posted · Report post

I would be disappointed but I know she would never do that. First off she's not broke and second this crowd of folks are the same ones who dragged her after the Super Bowl.  I wish she could have performed for Obama at some point. 

Posted · Report post

You never specified which inauguration. -_-

Posted · Report post

Duh! I would only watch her performance, then change the channel.

Posted · Report post

I would react with confusion as it would go against everything she has stood for.

Posted · Report post

Hypothetically I'd lose respect for her completely.  Trump is not a politician with views I simply disagree with. He's a lying, narcissistic danger to our country and world. Anyone who supports him in any way doesn't deserve my respect or admiration.  

Posted · Report post

Rhythm Nation or New Agenda would be perfect 

Posted · Report post

After this week I would be done. No lie. This man is evil 

Posted · Report post

After this week I would be done. No lie. This man is evil 

he pissing a lot of folks off, all Im saying is where were they when the voting went down

Posted · Report post

Just wanted to say that earlier today, I was driving with my wife and kids and my iPhone was on shuffle...The Knowledge came on.. and I hadn't taken the time to listen to it in a long ass time, but it sounded like something the world should hear right now so badly. Once the whole "prejudice, no! Ignorance, no! Bigotry, no...." came on we just looked at each other and were almost in awe at how  relevant these lyrics are against an issue as pressing as this obviously still is in America.. how amazing it is that Janet was seemingly ahead of her time, in a way.. and then I began to think what it would be like if Janet was still in her "activist" mode/era and were outspoken on issues such as these and the actions of our new pos president (a la Madonna, Cher, Bruce, etc).. I feel if MJ were still around, he might've been involved in some capacity, musically perhaps (have you guys listened to the lyrics to They Don't Care About Us lately?? just wooow!) I wonder what potential impact Janet could have if she ever chose to use her platform again..

Posted · Report post

I feel if MJ was still around, he'd be knee deep in illegal substances still

Posted · Report post

Just wanted to say that earlier today, I was driving with my wife and kids and my iPhone was on shuffle...The Knowledge came on.. and I hadn't taken the time to listen to it in a long ass time, but it sounded like something the world should hear right now so badly. Once the whole "prejudice, no! Ignorance, no! Bigotry, no...." came on we just looked at each other and were almost in awe at how  relevant these lyrics are against an issue as pressing as this obviously still is in America.. how amazing it is that Janet was seemingly ahead of her time, in a way.. and then I began to think what it would be like if Janet was still in her "activist" mode/era and were outspoken on issues such as these and the actions of our new pos president (a la Madonna, Cher, Bruce, etc).. I feel if MJ were still around, he might've been involved in some capacity, musically perhaps (have you guys listened to the lyrics to They Don't Care About Us lately?? just wooow!) I wonder what potential impact Janet could have if she ever chose to use her platform again..

I don't believe Michael would still be making music  if he was still here. But yeah its sad  The Knowledge is probably more relevant now that it was then

Posted · Report post

You guys still talking about hypothetical alternative facts? :filenails:

Posted · Report post

I feel if MJ was still around, he'd be knee deep in illegal substances still

but see the point is, like Whitney and Amy, you can't stay "knee deep" too long before it kills you......the story ended how it was gonna end

Posted · Report post

You guys still talking about hypothetical alternative facts? :filenails:

of course duh :rolleyes: