Beyonce makes me appreciate Janet's seclusion

all4U

That boderline creepy instagram picture surrounded by flowers and that odd virginal veil over her head as a way of "announcing to the world" that beyonce is pregnant/...

who does she think she is?

it's tacky and she needs to get over herself.

It makes me appreciate the fact that Janet wants no intrusions and wishes to remain as private as possible, with only her music being her public endeavours. - classy!

• Upvote 2

I think that Beyonce is trying to prove to the world that she is indeed pregnant. So many people believe that she used a surrogate the first time. Which I always believed she carried her first child. A lot of Beyonce fans claim she isn't bothered by those rumors but this photo shoot proves she cares and she cares a lot. She is damn near nake in all of them. Beyonce is trying to reach that Mj level of fame and this is just another way to do it. Not gonna lie the first pic was okay but when I saw all the others I was a bit turned off.  She is making her pregnancy a spectacle. 

Had Janet not been on tour....I don't think we would have even known about the baby until after he was born. 

• Upvote 2

You really made a whole thread in the "All About Janet" section of the forum to say why you don't like a pregnancy photo of another artist? :unsure:

I wanted to comment along the lines of that but that would just fuel the fire

Yes... some people are so obsessed with Beyoncé they don't even know it.

It's like those posts on Facebook "IDGAF IF BEYONCÉ IS PREGNANT"... bish please :lmao: 

Edited by Game XXIX

She got so much flack for being fake pregnant last time.  I dont blame her for doing it.  She is a business woman at the end of the day and lets not pretend we wouldn't be excited if janet did some sort of family photo.  Maybe not like this but some kind of photo.  Beyonce stays private too.  She is still able to control what she wants out there.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

She got so much flack for being fake pregnant last time.  I dont blame her for doing it.  She is a business woman at the end of the day and lets not pretend we wouldn't be excited if janet did some sort of family photo.  Maybe not like this but some kind of photo.  Beyonce stays private too.  She is still able to control what she wants out there.  

Nude photos at her age... Janet did that shit when she was 40+ and 90% of them are distasteful and kinda gross 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The hypocrisy is real. Beyoncé doing this pregnancy shoot is tacky, yet Janet fans don't say the same of those 20 Y.O. magazine spreads of her basically nude.:coffee:

Well I am one of those fans who found those nude spreads Janet did in the 20 Y.NO era distasteful and tacky. Janet could have kept that entire era to herself.

• Upvote 3

The hypocrisy is real. Beyoncé doing this pregnancy shoot is tacky, yet Janet fans don't say the same of those 20 Y.O. magazine spreads of her basically nude.:coffee:

But those spreads were far from universal acclaimed, especially to the general public, so there's no hypocrisy. But keep trying to draw your narrative as you please....

• Upvote 2

Janet's 20 YO shoots were tacky... but not as tacky as Beyonce's photo shoot featuring Blue 

No hypocrisy. 

Edited by Game XXIX

But those spreads were far from universal acclaimed, especially to the general public, so there's no hypocrisy. But keep trying to draw your narrative as you please....

So basically you're upset that Beyoncé's photo has gotten a great reception and lots of attention? Got it.

Janet's 20 YO shoots were tacky... but not as tacky as Beyonce's photo shoot featuring Blue 

No hypocrisy. 

No, 20 Y.O.'s pics were more tacky and served no purpose. She was just flaunting her body because she wanted to sell sex and wasn't shaped like a minivan like she was the year prior. Nude pregnancy shoot have been around for ages and there is nothing wrong with a pregnant woman showing her nude body. And you have to be completely naive to think Blue hasn't seen her mother nude hundreds of times. She sucked on her breast for god's sake. You act as if Blue will be traumatized by this or something. It's extremely hypocritical for Janet fans to object to a woman showing her body, given the fact that your favorite artist was blacklisted for a naked body part. And this hypocrisy on Superbowl Sunday makes it even more laughable.:asham:

• Upvote 5

So basically you're upset that Beyoncé's photo has gotten a great reception and lots of attention? Got it.

No, 20 Y.O.'s pics were more tacky and served no purpose. She was just flaunting her body because she wanted to sell sex and wasn't shaped like a minivan like she was the year prior. Nude pregnancy shoot have been around for ages and there is nothing wrong with a pregnant woman showing her nude body. And you have to be completely naive to think Blue hasn't seen her mother nude hundreds of times. She sucked on her breast for god's sake. You act as if Blue will be traumatized by this or something. It's extremely hypocritical for Janet fans to object to a woman showing her body, given the fact that your favorite artist was blacklisted for a naked body part. And this hypocrisy on Superbowl Sunday makes it even more laughable.:asham:

Bragging about social media numbers is Alt-truth. It doesn't matter how many people double tapped an image.

Nudity has been around since the beginning of time

Beyonce isn't the first woman to do a tacky pregnant photo shoot... and won't be the last :coffee: 

I didn't say there was something wrong with her tacky photo shoot or Janet's 20 YO era. There's nothing wrong with either but both are extremely tacky... Beyoncé being more gross bc she included her daughter in it who didn't improve the awkwardness of the shoot.

i honestly don't care about what Blue has seen, heard, felt... That child ain't my concern. Bless her heart but no one here gives a shit and your narrative is a bit off topic. You went from beyonce's tacky pregnancy announcement to the psychological damage that Blue Ivy doesn't suffer from to Janet's historic Super Bowl performance. Calm ya self. There's no hypocrisy 

It all boils down to, one was to promote a product... the other... well idk what Janet was thinking. Probably thinkin "FUCK YOU" to the prude country

Edited by Game XXIX
  • Upvote 1

Nudity has been around since the beginnin of time

Beyonce isn't the first woman to do a tacky pregnant photo shoot... and won't be the last :coffee: 

I didn't say there was something wrong with her tacky photo shoot or Janet's 20 YO era. There's nothing wrong with either but both are extremely tacky... Beyoncé being more gross bc she included her daughter in it who didn't approve the awkwardness of the shoot

It all boils down to, one was to promote a product... the other... well idk what Janet was thinking

For one, you don't know how Blue felt during that shoot. Secondly, Blue is a child. She has no say in where or how she takes pics. Just like when you were a child and your mom made you take pics and you did so with no questions asked. Stop using Blue as a scapegoat. You know her being in that shoot isn't the problem you all are having. You all just don't like Beyoncé and you just hate whenever she gets attention that isn't negative, which is most of the time. And what product is Beyoncé promoting? Her unborn twins are not a product. Janet, on the other hand, was promoting a product when she did those spreads, 20 Y.O. Judging by the sales, it didn't help much, but that's neither here nor there.

For one, you don't know how Blue felt

You all just don't like Beyoncé and you just hate whenever she gets attention that isn't negative, which is most of the time. And what product is Beyoncé promoting? Her unborn twins are not a product.

Janet, on the other hand, was promoting a product when she did those spreads, 20 Y.O.

I don't care how Blue Ivy felt and I'm not analyzing it or her feelings. I think you should reread what I said 

When did I say I didn't like Beyoncé? I'm just not delusional like her Stans. I love Lemonade.. I respect her as a performer... I'm not invested in her personal like you. Beyoncé is promoting Beyoncé... It's a brand. 

Obviously

Edited by Game XXIX
  • Upvote 1

I don't care how Blue Ivy felt and I'm not analyzing it or her feelings. I think you should reread what I said 

When did I say I didn't like Beyoncé? I'm just not delusional like her Stans. I love Lemonade.. I respect her as a performer... I'm not invested in her personal like you. Beyoncé is promoting Beyoncé... It's a brand. 

Obviously

So this is just about Beyoncé promoting Beyoncé? Ok. With that established, all artists promote themselves, including Janet. So if that's tacky, all artists are tacky.^_^

Speaking of Sales.. 

Did you know... 

According World Music Awards in May 2016 'Lemonade' was at the 1.5 million units sold and was considered the top selling album of 2016.

Referencing Janet Jackson's Ebony cover story in 2008, 20 Y.O. sold 1.5 million units worldwide.

But sales don't matter, right?  

Edited by Game XXIX

So this is just about Beyoncé promoting Beyoncé? Ok. With that established, all artists promote themselves, including Janet. So if that's tacky, all artists are tacky.^_^

Beyoncé is a brand just like Janet Jackson is a brand. Beyoncé was promoting her brand. If you don't understand then oh well. 

Janet Jackson's pregnancy announcement was posted by MSM. With a lovely photograph. That's not tacky. There are countless celebrities and non- celebrities who have posted pregnancy photos without it being tacky. If you loved it then cool ??

Edited by Game XXIX
  • Upvote 1

Speaking of Sales.. 

Did you know... 

Janet Jackson's '20 Y.O.' sold 2x the amount of Beyonce's 'Lemonade'. 

According World Music Awards in May 2016 'Lemonade' was at the 1.5 million units sold and was considered the top selling album of 2016.

Referencing Janet Jackson's Ebony cover story in 2008, 20 Y.O. sold 3.4 million units worldwide.

But sales don't matter, right?  

In what world did 20YO sell 3.4 million? :lmao:

Where did you read or find that I was upset? I've never stated my opinion on the matter on here. But here is it:

I think most people are happy about her announcement. New life coming in this world is a good thing, especially if it's gonna be in good hands. That said some people weren't crazy over how it was handled. Beyonce knows every time she make an announcement she breaks the internet and she used the moment to do so. it's not a good or bad thing imo but some people are turned off by how calculated she was about it. Personally the maternal pics weren't my favorite but meh. I personally don't understand my some people act like they are every gonna be within 100 feet of their children anytime of their life. People need to learn to stop living vicariously through the life of others. That said, just because some people have some critical thoughts on the situation, that doesn't make anyone jealous. 

As for as Janet's pregnancy, I'm happy with the coverage. She made the announcement, the media and the public gave out blessings and she went to enjoy her pregnancy. None of this crazy stuff. Janet wanted her peace and she pulled all stops assure it. 

• Upvote 1

Beyoncé is a brand just like Janet Jackson is a brand. Beyoncé was promoting her brand. If you don't understand then oh well. 

Janet Jackson's pregnancy announcement was posted by MSM. With a lovely photograph. That's not tacky. There are countless celebrities and non- celebrities who have posted pregnancy photos without it being tacky. If you loved it then cool ??

Correct, but it's only a problem when it comes to certain celebrities.

Image may contain: 1 person, closeupbeyonce-pregnancy-announcement-02022017-

And you obviously didn't understand the photoshoot. It, at least appears to be, an homage to Greek mythology, particularly Demeter, the goddess of....wait for it....fertility. 

Where did you read or find that I was upset? I've never stated my opinion on the matter on here. But here is it:

I think most people are happy about her announcement. New life coming in this world is a good thing, especially if it's gonna be in good hands. That said some people weren't crazy over how it was handled. Beyonce knows every time she make an announcement she breaks the internet and she used the moment to do so. it's not a good or bad thing imo but some people are turned off by how calculated she was about it. Personally the maternal pics weren't my favorite but meh. I personally don't understand my some people act like they are every gonna be within 100 feet of their children anytime of their life. People need to learn to stop living vicariously through the life of others. That said, just because some people have some critical thoughts on the situation, that doesn't make anyone jealous. 

As for as Janet's pregnancy, I'm happy with the coverage. She made the announcement, the media and the public gave out blessings and she went to enjoy her pregnancy. None of this crazy stuff. Janet wanted her peace and she pulled all stops assure it. 

What does this even MEAN? :lmao: She announced her pregnancy on the first day of Black History Month. She's celebrating her Blackness. The only ppl who will have a problem with it are racists.  

And your envy is showing. One artist announced their pregnancy via a YouTube video, the other on Instagram. Seems like both pregnancies were announced through social media, so both artists should receive the same treatment. The only difference? One artist is Beyonce. 

Ppl went crazy over how it was handled? How the public responds to an announcement is not the fault of the artist. So what is this "crazy stuff" you're talking about? A photoshoot? 

• Upvote 1