Beyonce makes me appreciate Janet's seclusion

all4U

Correct, but it's only a problem when it comes to certain celebrities.

And you obviously didn't understand the photoshoot. It, at least appears to be, an homage to Greek mythology, particularly Demeter, the goddess of....wait for it....fertility. 

If you're making this about race then ?.

It's not and no one cares what the meaning behind the photoshoot. People don't have to like it

Edited by Game XXIX
  • Upvote 1

What does this even MEAN? :lmao: She announced her pregnancy on the first day of Black History Month. She's celebrating her Blackness. The only ppl who will have a problem with it are racists.  

And your envy is showing. One artist announced their pregnancy via a YouTube video, the other on Instagram. Seems like both pregnancies were announced through social media, so both artists should receive the same treatment. The only difference? One artist is Beyonce. 

Ppl went crazy over how it was handled? How the public responds to an announcement is not the fault of the artist. So what is this "crazy stuff" you're talking about? A photoshoot? 

I think you mostly come here to argue now....

You're not saying anything.  Janet wanted to be low-key about it  and I respected that. I think she only announce it in that manner because she was on tour. Beyonce less so but I respect that too. And no one is putting anything on her. That doesn't mean that I l care about the memes or people acting like their related, basically going far beyond basic support. 

You just want to assume stuff to draw your narrative against the fanbase.

• Upvote 3

Beyoncé, despite being in or about her prime, is someone who very much so keeps her image controlled. She's not all over press until she wants to be much like Janet. She doesn't do interviews but she creates her own content. She posted a nude pregnancy shoot, had Janet been younger & of different beliefs it's quite probable she would have done something very similar.

I personally didn't find 20YO semi-nudes tacky, some did but I felt at that point she was kinda defying ageism for herself. I think Janet fans, often dislike Beyoncé's celebrity because it's reminiscent of where they feel Janet was. They come off as haters. And that's even with me feeling completely indifferent about Beyoncé. 

• Upvote 1

Nude photos at her age... Janet did that shit when she was 40+ and 90% of them are distasteful and kinda gross 

who said anything about her doing nude photos. I said photos not like these 

Beyoncé, despite being in or about her prime, is someone who very much so keeps her image controlled. She's not all over press until she wants to be much like Janet. She doesn't do interviews but she creates her own content. She posted a nude pregnancy shoot, had Janet been younger & of different beliefs it's quite probable she would have done something very similar.

I personally didn't find 20YO semi-nudes tacky, some did but I felt at that point she was kinda defying ageism for herself. I think Janet fans, often dislike Beyoncé's celebrity because it's reminiscent of where they feel Janet was. They come off as haters. And that's even with me feeling completely indifferent about Beyoncé. 

not a fan of hers but she is extremely private compared to her peers of this era. Her team does a good job of keeping her business private and at the same time allows her to engage with her fans continously.  That's where the envy comes from with this fanbase. Beyonce is everywhere yet quiet at the same time 

• Upvote 1

Speaking of Sales.. 

Did you know... 

According World Music Awards in May 2016 'Lemonade' was at the 1.5 million units sold and was considered the top selling album of 2016.

Referencing Janet Jackson's Ebony cover story in 2008, 20 Y.O. sold 1.5 million units worldwide.

But sales don't matter, right?  

Lemonade has sold 2.5 million worldwide. Your figures are US sales. 20 Y.O. didn't even sell 700k in the US, and definitely not 1.5 million worldwide. And comparing an album selling 1.5 million in 2006 to one selling the same amount in 2016 is foolish. 2006 was a completely different sales climate and before digital and streaming took over. 1.5 million is a flop for someone as big as Janet and an even bigger one considering most of her contemporaries were selling much more. Context is key.

It's not and no one cares what the meaning behind the photoshoot. People don't have to like it

Then why aren't threads made on here when other celebs do pregnancy shoots? Do you all love those or something? Why is it that when Beyoncé does it, it warrants a thread in the main discussion? This is why you all look like haters. This has never been done with any other celeb, yet it's done with Beyoncé.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nice to see that Beyonce still has you hoes pressed. Is it really Beyonces fault that the world is so fascinated with her...? You hoes are probably jealous that Beyonce was fortunate enough to attend the Unbreakable concert before it got axed while you poor souls are reduced to looking at clips and pictures on the interwebs. You mad huh? #notimeforjanetfanshatingonajanetfan, #notonmywatch, #cashmeoutsidehowboutdat.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

threads made on here when other celebs do pregnancy shoots? Do you all love those or something? Why is it that when Beyoncé does it, it warrants a thread in the main discussion? This is why you all look like haters. This has never been done with any other celeb, yet it's done with Beyoncé.

We would have done the same for Rihanna or any other A lister 

• Upvote 3

Honestly, it's the Great Depressed and their negative nature that keep these threads going. If they don't really say nothing or at least not make it a "Trash Janet and her fans" thread, this thread would have been at the bottom of the forum.

Edited by Illi
  • Upvote 3

Lemonade has sold 2.5 million worldwide. Your figures are US sales. 20 Y.O. didn't even sell 700k in the US, and definitely not 1.5 million worldwide. And comparing an album selling 1.5 million in 2006 to one selling the same amount in 2016 is foolish. 2006 was a completely different sales climate and before digital and streaming took over. 1.5 million is a flop for someone as big as Janet and an even bigger one considering most of her contemporaries were selling much more. Context is key.

Then why aren't threads made on here when other celebs do pregnancy shoots? Do you all love those or something? Why is it that when Beyoncé does it, it warrants a thread in the main discussion? This is why you all look like haters. This has never been done with any other celeb, yet it's done with Beyoncé.

Because media blows it up...that's the main reason why imo.

When was race ever stated? 

It's art, it's up to the audience's interpretation. :lmao: Calling it tacky, yet it's similar to other pregnancy photos by celebs and you say nothing is the exact definition of hypocrisy silly goose. :lmao:

I think you mostly come here to argue now....

You're not saying anything.  Janet wanted to be low-key about it  and I respected that. I think she only announce it in that manner because she was on tour. Beyonce less so but I respect that too. And no one is putting anything on her. That doesn't mean that I l care about the memes or people acting like their related, basically going far beyond basic support. 

You just want to assume stuff to draw your narrative against the fanbase.

Ummm, arguing is what I do for a living. :umm: And I've been coming here to argue since 2008. So spare me.

You've completely contradicted yourself here. What did Beyonce do differently from Janet other than a five or six photos? Don't forget Janet did a photoshoot with People. Both artists announced their pregnancies to engage support from their fans. And both fan bases discussed and celebrated the same way. The only problem in the difference - Beyonce.  

^ You know another A-lister who announced her pregnancy?

And for the last time, I have little problem with her announcement or the shoot she did, I mostly supported others right to be critical.

Not female, but Justin Timberlake announced his the exact same way Beyonce did. Kelly Rowland announced hers, along with Kerry Washington, J. Lo, Halle Berry, and Natalie Portman. But again, the only time it was a problem? Beyonce.

• Upvote 1

Not female, but Justin Timberlake announced his the exact same way Beyonce did. Kelly Rowland announced hers, along with Kerry Washington, J. Lo, Halle Berry, and Natalie Portman. But again, the only time it was a problem? Beyonce.

We said A-listers and you mentioned Kelly Rowland & Jennifer Lopez 

We said A-listers and you mentioned Kelly Rowland & Jennifer Lopez 

Spare me the stipulations. Regardless of what list they're on, it doesn't detract from your hypocrisy. And if I may recall, Kim K/Kenya, Ciara/Russell, John/Chrissy, Reese Witherspoon, Anne Hathaway, and the boy from 1D all had pregnancy announcements via social media in the last year or so. Only time it was a problem? Beyonce. 

• Upvote 2

Nice to see that Beyonce still has you hoes pressed. Is it really Beyonces fault that the world is so fascinated with her...? You hoes are probably jealous that Beyonce was fortunate enough to attend the Unbreakable concert before it got axed while you poor souls are reduced to looking at clips and pictures on the interwebs. You mad huh? #notimeforjanetfanshatingonajanetfan, #notonmywatch, #cashmeoutsidehowboutdat.

i was gonna plus you back up .....but trolling the Janfam for not being able to see the show? so low ball.....I expect so much more of you than serving tuna sandwiches when we here for caviar -_-

The level of media coverage Beyonce is getting, and this thread a testament of such. 

what does that have to do with being envious? blac chyna got crazy media coverage for her pregnancy and i dont even know what she does. beyonce is part of current pop culture, therefore people are gonna discuss her,especially when its all over social media. are janet fans not allowed to discuss other people/events thats popular?  me saying beyonce pictures are tacky has nothing to do with janet, if she would have done a photo shoot like that her ass would be tacky too.

• Upvote 4

what does that have to do with being envious? blac chyna got crazy media coverage for her pregnancy and i dont even know what she does. beyonce is part of current pop culture, therefore people are gonna discuss her,especially when its all over social media. are janet fans not allowed to discuss other people/events thats popular?  me saying beyonce pictures are tacky has nothing to do with janet, if she would have done a photo shoot like that her ass would be tacky too.

:lmao:

When was race ever stated? 

It's art, it's up to the audience's interpretation. :lmao: Calling it tacky, yet it's similar to other pregnancy photos by celebs and you say nothing is the exact definition of hypocrisy silly goose. :lmao:

Ummm, arguing is what I do for a living. :umm: And I've been coming here to argue since 2008. So spare me.

You've completely contradicted yourself here. What did Beyonce do differently from Janet other than a five or six photos? Don't forget Janet did a photoshoot with People. Both artists announced their pregnancies to engage support from their fans. And both fan bases discussed and celebrated the same way. The only problem in the difference - Beyonce.  

and janet's picture was posted all over the internet,blogs memes,ect with people giving their opinions, trashing her for her age,  and whatever else  they wanted to say, INCLUDING BEYONCE FANS , so she'snot off limits.

• Upvote 2