The Grammy's 2017

Bailey

whatever "point" you're attempting to make has fallen flat on its ass.. the bitch didn't smile until she said thanks at the end..

is that not reality?

what a moron hahahaha

There was no point, because what I said has been stated clearly. Your arguments are stupid. Your reasoning is stupid. The support of your arguments is stupid. Your position on this topic is stupid. Add that all up and what do you get??? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This made me emotional :(. The fact you don't like Beyonce and defended her. That's big :wub:

I'll take Bey any day over Adele. I don't really like Bey but I don't hate her. I have a few songs of hers on my itunes. I'd never buy a full album. I used to actually like her until she started getting too cocky and stealing so much, it was just a turn off for me.

There was no point, because what I said has been stated clearly. Your arguments are stupid. Your reasoning is stupid. The support of your arguments is stupid. Your position on this topic is stupid. Add that all up and what do you get??? 

hey what do you (and you guys) think about this performance when (again) Beyonce was clearly lip-synching on the Grammys, with little-to-no dancing/choreography..

my personal favorite part is at 3:07 when she forgot she wasn't singing live and pulled the mic away too soon! ?

FUXKING HILARIOUS! ??

What's your guys' favorite part?

Now what was that y'all were saying about her being able to "outsing Adele any day"...?! ? 

During the eras that Janet was most profound, she didn't have to rub in people's faces that she was a strong powerful black woman, she just WAS!

Only a sexist would praise someone for their "not-so-in-your-face" feminism and denigrate another black woman for being what they perceive to be as "cocky."

And only an idiot would harp on someone lipping when their favorite artist isn't known for ever singing live.

Edited by J.

Huffington is saying TRUTH, every word. So glad they arent pandering, and they aren't negatively dragging her either, their dragging her & the Grammys critics with facts. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dear-beyhive-stop-whining-beyonce-still-hasnt-earned_us_58a4a48ae4b080bf74f0437d

Our favorite artist is a legend, perfectionist, & a dancer 

Y'all stay comparing Golden apples to rotten tomatoes 

AMEN

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 1

There’s long been speculation about just how much Beyonce goes into her music, and it’s unlikely to go away as long as her songs continue to be written by committee (several Lemonade tracks are credited to at least a dozen songwriters).

:lmao: WHERE ARE THE LIES

• Upvote 1

I 100% agree with Huff. :lmao: at them bringing up that she hasn't had a hit single in 10 years 

Tired of the Beyhive making excuses for Beyoncé as if her album was a force to be reckon with. With zero hit singles, a warehouse full of writers, and very little substance behind lyrics, it's no wonder she didn't win AOTY 

And the race card is the only card they can play bc the album isn't Grammy AOTY worthy. 

Adele's album maybe "dull" & "boring" and a "repeat" of what she's done but at least she has substance... lyrics that are relatable no matter what race, gender, and/or sexual orientation

Edited by Game XXIX
  • Upvote 1

I 100% agree with Huff. :lmao: at them bringing up that she hasn't had a hit single in 10 years 

Tired of the Beyhive making excuses for Beyoncé as if her album was a force to be reckon with. With zero hit singles, a warehouse full of writers, and very little substance behind lyrics, it's no wonder she didn't win AOTY 

And the race card is the only card they can play bc the album isn't Grammy AOTY worthy. 

Adele's album maybe "dull" & "boring" and a "repeat" of what she's done but at least she has substance... lyrics that are relatable no matter what race, gender, and/or sexual orientation

HuffPost just took us to the salon, cause I see yo No Lye Relaxer is fresh! And they said everything, best was to let go of the gimmickry! Getting rid of that, and a album with no more than 5-10 writers (opposed to entire songs 20+) would be a real surprise.

My favorite part too:

Then there is the alleged political statement of Lemonade. While Beyonce deserves credit for encouraging black women to be proud of their black beauty, she had to go and muddle that powerful message with irrelevant lines about having sex and eating at Red Lobster later. It dilutes the power of her social statement, and lyrically, it's awkward as hell.

Beyonce, listen to 1999's Album of the Year, The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill (and take a closer look at what your Grammy-anointed sister Solange has been doing). If you ever dare to release an album that is a stunning a singer-songwriter showcase - one that doesn't need a TV special, a "surprise" release, and a fake tabloid scandal to grab attention - Album of the Year is as good as yours.

I agree with it all but those made me praise dance at that truth!

• Upvote 1

While I think she was in contention for AOTY and I was somewhat surprised that she didn't get it, the hive seem to have the biggest sense of entitlement I have seen. They think because Beyonce is ad big ad she is, the industry has to worship the ground she walks on. Now it's saying that it doesn't  necessarily  have to and the rug is pulled from under the Hive's feet.

I don't agree or disagree that she was snubbed. If she was snubbed, it was mostly because she campaigned for the award harder than the others. Outside of that, I don't  think that the album was significantly  better than any of the other nominees. There were many people that like 25 better than Lemonade.

Also a Grammy is a Grammy is a Grammy. Her not having the AOTY will not be some red flag to her legacy, but those 22 will be seen as a highlight.

No matter how big you are, not everything is gonna fall on your lap, and it's not the end of the world.

Edited by Illi
  • Upvote 2

Lemonade was better than 25. I'm sorry you prefer basic but a spade is a spade. Lemonade was INTENTIONALLY made for Black women. 

And once again you don't need to have a hit single to win AOTY. Look at Beck. 

Huffington is saying TRUTH, every word. So glad they arent pandering, and they aren't negatively dragging her either, their dragging her & the Grammys critics with facts. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dear-beyhive-stop-whining-beyonce-still-hasnt-earned_us_58a4a48ae4b080bf74f0437d

And just when I thought Dal couldn't pack so much wrong into one post, Jeremy Helligar one ups Dal. :sigh:

Lemonade was better than 25. I'm sorry you prefer basic but a spade is a spade. Lemonade was INTENTIONALLY made for Black women

And once again you don't need to have a hit single to win AOTY. Look at Beck. 

But the album that won AOTY was made for for everyone....

True, but its like a this or that. Monster hit or Massive artistry with whats on the album. A few get by with neither, but most of the winners going back to Stevie had at least 1 of the 2.

And only an idiot would harp on someone lipping when their favorite artist isn't known for ever singing live.

welp.. you just went and done and did it didn't ya..? I wasn't sure if you could prove yourself worthy of being lower-than-unintelligent, but ya just did...

..and you wear glasses brudduh.. start living up to the standards that your face has pre-set for you (i.e. Be smart!)

Please point me in the direction where I can find a quote from myself stating how awesome I think it is that Janet lip-synchs all the time.. SPOILER ALERT! You're not gonna find one! And if I'm not mistaken, we're discussing Beyonce right now, correct??

Deflect! Deflect! Deflect!

shit next thing I know is you're going to be screaming "Benghazi! Emails! Obamacare!"

You disregarded a live mic feed as lip syncing so what is there to say to someone so delusional? No shade. 

I literally GOL (groaned out loud) right now.. Beyonce has you fooled ya fool...

hey I bet you believe Janet sings live all the time also, amirite..?! And you most likely think Gaga lip-synched her Halftime show, no doubt...

cant nothing get by you homie! ?? 

Next thing I know is you're going to argue that her Drunk In Love Grammy performance was fully live too! Ahahahahaha!

welp.. you just went and done and did it didn't ya..? I wasn't sure if you could prove yourself worthy of being lower-than-unintelligent, but ya just did...

..and you wear glasses brudduh.. start living up to the standards that your face has pre-set for you (i.e. Be smart!)

Please point me in the direction where I can find a quote from myself stating how awesome I think it is that Janet lip-synchs all the time.. SPOILER ALERT! You're not gonna find one! And if I'm not mistaken, we're discussing Beyonce right now, correct??

Deflect! Deflect! Deflect!

shit next thing I know is you're going to be screaming "Benghazi! Emails! Obamacare!"

I literally GOL (groaned out loud) right now.. Beyonce has you fooled ya fool...

hey I bet you believe Janet sings live all the time also, amirite..?! And you most likely think Gaga lip-synched her Halftime show, no doubt...

cant nothing get by you homie! ?? 

Next thing I know is you're going to argue that her Drunk In Love Grammy performance was fully live too! Ahahahahaha!

LOL you really are delusional. 

While I think she was in contention for AOTY and I was somewhat surprised that she didn't get it, the hive seem to have the biggest sense of entitlement I have seen. They think because Beyonce is ad big ad she is, the industry has to worship the ground she walks on. Now it's saying that it doesn't  necessarily  have to and the rug is pulled from under the Hive's feet.

I don't agree or disagree that she was snubbed. If she was snubbed, it was mostly because she campaigned for the award harder than the others. Outside of that, I don't  think that the album was significantly  better than any of the other nominees. There were many people that like 25 better than Lemonade.

Also a Grammy is a Grammy is a Grammy. Her not having the AOTY will not be some red flag to her legacy, but those 22 will be seen as a highlight.

No matter how big you are, not everything is gonna fall on your lap, and it's not the end of the world.

We need you to post more. -_- 

• Upvote 1

Technically, they were talking about a number one song. Let's not pretend like Top 10 singles aren't hits. It's also worth noting that the writer of that article has a history of being as impartial about Beyoncé as you do with the iPhone.

I'll tell you what I'm tired of. The Recording Academy itself defines a Grammy as an award representing artistic or technical achievement. They even specifically state that it is not based on sales or chart positions. We all know that's garbage, but the argument is used very selectively where Beyoncé is concerned. It's not enough that she's at her artistic peak 20 years into her career, now suddenly the Grammys can only validate such creativity with a "monster single" or "less costumes." Save it. As for this committee of songwriters, the article selectively pointed out that several songs on Lemonade are credited to at least a dozen writers, but it made no mention of the number of sampled works, some of which recognise multiple names for a single interpolated line. This article dissects the argument perfectly, but if you'd prefer the TL; DR: a writer count, high or low, doesn’t determine whether a piece of art is good or bad. It’s simply a reflection of how many people are getting credit (and money) for the work. Should that lead to an argument on the artistic merits of sampling, let me point out that it didn't stand in the way of Daft Punk, OutKast, Santana, U2 or Lauryn Hill (to name a handful) collecting AOTY. And your point about lyrical substance is hilarious given Taylor Swift is literally a two-time winner.

I viewed this board with fresh eyes recently after a lengthy break, and for whatever reason, I took a look back through Beyoncé's official thread and also Grammy discussions from previous years, and nothing has changed. She is still the only artist that agitates some of you to such an extent that you simply abandon all logic and reason to make what you think is a point. That same misguided fury has now spread throughout this base onto Twitter where a slew of wrong or foolish shit is posted on a daily basis in what must be an impassioned attempt to look as stupid and as misinformed as possible. Beyoncé didn't win, but she's not the loser here.

• Upvote 7

Technically, they were talking about a number one song. Let's not pretend like Top 10 singles aren't hits. It's also worth noting that the writer of that article has a history of being as impartial about Beyoncé as you do with the iPhone.

I'll tell you what I'm tired of. The Recording Academy itself defines a Grammy as an award representing artistic or technical achievement. They even specifically state that it is not based on sales or chart positions. We all know that's garbage, but the argument is used very selectively where Beyoncé is concerned. It's not enough that she's at her artistic peak 20 years into her career, now suddenly the Grammys can only validate such creativity with a "monster single" or "less costumes." Save it. As for this committee of songwriters, the article selectively pointed out that several songs on Lemonade are credited to at least a dozen writers, but it made no mention of the number of sampled works, some of which recognise multiple names for a single interpolated line. This article dissects the argument perfectly, but if you'd prefer the TL; DR: a writer count, high or low, doesn’t determine whether a piece of art is good or bad. It’s simply a reflection of how many people are getting credit (and money) for the work. Should that lead to an argument on the artistic merits of sampling, let me point out that it didn't stand in the way of Daft Punk, OutKast, Santana, U2 or Lauryn Hill (to name a handful) collecting AOTY. And your point about lyrical substance is hilarious given Taylor Swift is literally a two-time winner.

I viewed this board with fresh eyes recently after a lengthy break, and for whatever reason, I took a look back through Beyoncé's official thread and also Grammy discussions from previous years, and nothing has changed. She is still the only artist that agitates some of you to such an extent that you simply abandon all logic and reason to make what you think is a point. That same misguided fury has now spread throughout this base onto Twitter where a slew of wrong or foolish shit is posted on a daily basis in what must be an impassioned attempt to look as stupid and as misinformed as possible. Beyoncé didn't win, but she's not the loser here.

marry me tbh -_-