• Announcements

• Planet Janet Rules   07/07/2015

General Rules for Planet Janet Welcome to Planet Janet! The main objective of this board is to express your love for Janet, your opinions, and to interact with an important segment of the Janet fandom.  To enjoy your experience here, below are general rules and guidelines to make your experience here be successful: The N Word Please be aware that the N word is going to be filtered on this forum. Most importantly, this word is not acceptable on this forum in any form; therefore, if it is used again by ANY member on here, it will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Consider this the first, only, and last warning regarding this. Music Download | Copyright Infringement Illegal download links to music from any artist are not permissible to be posted on this forum at any time. If you have posted an illegal download link, you must take it down immediately. Failure to remove the links, and/or subsequent, repeated offenses will result in disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban from the forum. Fan Threads of Other Artists Generally, we like to keep threads and/or topics about other artists within an Official Artist Thread.  This helps to eliminate clutter and redundancy throughout the forum and allow a one-stop shop to view comments on that particular artist not pertaining to Janet.  If there is HUGE news related to an artist and generates a lot of discussion, it is okay to have a standalone thread on that topic outside of the Official Thread. A good debate is OKAY in the Official Threads of other artists.  Official Threads are not complete sanctuaries of devotion of that particular artist; however, there is a need to be civil with other members.  Please refrain from personal attacks and arguments that devolve into personal attacks. Additionally, do NOT use Janet as means to defend an artist.  This forum is made in her honor, and putting her down to boast your particular artist is prohibited. Exercise good judgment and common sense.  If not, then the moderating team will exercise disciplinary action depending on the egregiousness of the action.  Please utilize this announcement as a first warning. Personal Attacks

Each member has a warning percentage - most of them are at zero right now but a few have been warned before. Each warning is worth 10%, and once it gets to 100% the member is automatically banned from the forum. 

Each time a member gets into an argument with another member that includes personal attacks, if it is reported or viewed by a member of the moderating team, each participant in the personal attack will get an increase in their warning percentage.  They will be notified via PM, and, prior to posting again, will receive a receipt acknowledging that warning before they can post again. The Moderating Team will never divulge a member's warn percentages on the forum or to other members.

What this means is you are now responsible for your own future on this forum. The Moderating Team will not keep asking you to stop and being ignored. Learn to let things go and learn to moderate yourself before posting; if you end up banned it will be your own fault. Personal attacks and include attacks on one’s race, age, religious creed, color, gender, national origin, physical, mental or visual disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital and military status, pregnancy or sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and general physical appearance/looks. Depending on the nature of the personal attack there will be corrective action up and including permanent banning. If you have any inquiries about your warning percentage, feel free to PM a mod for an answer. If you need any clarification on the rules, feel free to reach out to The Moderating Team.

TLC to Release Album in June 2017

31 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

According to their longtime manager, they're gunning for a summer release.

Posted · Report post

Did they ever release that kickstarter one? :unsure: 

Posted · Report post

Did they ever release that kickstarter one? :unsure: 

This is the kickstarter one :lmao: 

Posted · Report post

This is the kickstarter one :lmao: 

Oh deah. -_- 

Posted · Report post

Fake news

Posted · Report post

This feels like an alternative fact. It's been so long I figured they had abandoned it. I wonder what their sound will be. 

Posted · Report post

This feels like an alternative fact. It's been so long I figured they had abandoned it. I wonder what their sound will be. 

GarageBand -_- 

Posted (edited) · Report post

It was posted on Facebook so it's obviously true

an Alternative Fact would be "millions await TLC album"

Edited by Game XXIX

Posted · Report post

So this never happened right :umm: :lmao: 

i hope y’all got y’all money back

Posted · Report post

People would only get their money back if it didn't come out, it came out and the fans loved it, and common consensus is it's about as good as the previous 2.

Posted · Report post

63 metacritic rating.. user rating of 6.0 

12k total copies sold.

Get.Out.

That's a good point considering how the album was done with a major label behind them, full on promotion all the way through, and that all of their previous albums have like 90% on Metacritic, but with thousands of User scores voting on Metacritic that's awful.

Oh wait, except that ...um lets see....the album was independant, they had no real promotion strategies asside from releasing videos & doing Youtube interviews. The critic consesus all in all isn't drastically different from the previous. And ...the "metacritic user score" is based off of 1 user, vs. common discussions among more than 1 fan (hell even here) is that that the album was much better than expected & fits the discography nicely. You're trolling a album for not being successful that never had the intention on being anything more than a gift for the fans and chart success & the promo was never set to be more than what it was. This album was never meant for you, so your opinion on it holds about as much weight as their current chart positions.
Image result for Snow White sitting gif

Edited by jarrylf

Posted · Report post

That's a good point considering how the album was done with a major label behind them, full on promotion all the way through, and that all of their previous albums have like 90% on Metacritic, but with thousands of User scores voting on Metacritic that's awful.

Oh wait, except that ...um lets see....the album was independant, they had no real promotion strategies asside from releasing videos & doing Youtube interviews. The critic consesus all in all isn't drastically different from the previous. And ...the "metacritic user score" is based off of 1 user, vs. common discussions among more than 1 fan (hell even here) is that that the album was much better than expected & fits the discography nicely. You're trolling a album for not being successful that never had the intention on being anything more than a gift for the fans and chart success & the promo was never set to be more than what it was. This album was never meant for you, so your opinion on it holds about as much weight as their current chart positions.
Image result for Snow White sitting gif

Is it any good? I havent played it cuz i really dislike WayBack :lol:

Posted · Report post

Is it any good? I havent played it cuz i really dislike WayBack :lol:

The 2 singles are the worst cuts on the album, and in a WAY obvious way, track #1 "No Introduction" alone KILLS

63 metacritic rating.. user rating of 6.0 

12k total copies sold.

Get.Out.

Damn... 12k

I heard they just cancelled their tour too. 

Edited by BlackCat1989

Posted · Report post

Damn... 12k

YUP!!!! 

As they should... or maybe do parking lots and festivals no one cares about :coffee: 

Posted · Report post

Damn... 12k

That's average for independent.

They did the same reason they've postponed datess since their 1st tour, T-Boz's health

Posted · Report post

12k is average for independent artists... with no fam base and should stop making music 

You don’t plan a tour knowing Chili ongoing health issues :lmao: 

Posted · Report post

I think you mean T-Boz on going health issues.  The album wasn't well prepared. 

12k is average for independent artists... with no fam base and should stop making music 

You don’t plan a tour knowing Chili ongoing health issues :lmao: 

Posted · Report post

Except 12k is acceptable for independant established artists, Prince had albums that sold 2k & 3k, Gladys Knight's last album sold less than 12 too. PLUS their core audience already bought the album when we paid donated to the campaign, anyone who donated $15 got the album, and that didn't come into play for 1st week sales, but it goes to how little the 1st week sales mattered, that was for the GP, the actual fans did our part we bought it, and the singles had us nervous, but the entire album as a whole was better than expected.

T-Boz has been having close calls with death on tours going back to their very 1st so yea, that's not new and they roll with it, this isn't new for them or for their fans

I think you mean T-Boz on going health issues.  The album wasn't well prepared. 

Which ever. At this point, it doesn’t matter 

Edited by State of the Game

Posted · Report post

Except 12k is acceptable for independant established artists, Prince had albums that sold 2k & 3k, Gladys Knight's last album sold less than 12 too. PLUS their core audience already bought the album when we paid donated to the campaign, anyone who donated $15 got the album, and that didn't come into play for 1st week sales, but it goes to how little the 1st week sales mattered, that was for the GP, the actual fans did our part we bought it, and the singles had us nervous, but the entire album as a whole was better than expected.

T-Boz has been having close calls with death on tours going back to their very 1st so yea, that's not new and they roll with it, this isn't new for them or for their fans

Prince had albums that sold 12k? When? Let’s leave out his instrumental albums bc that’s not pop 

Gladys is a gospel singer... not a nostalgic pop act

So again, you don’t plan out a tour knowing a major player won’t follow through

Posted · Report post

The 2 singles are the worst cuts on the album, and in a WAY obvious way, track #1 "No Introduction" alone KILLS

Gonna check it out then.

People hate 3D and i actually enjoy that album so let's see how this goes :lol: