Queen Minaj vs. Remy Nah

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

No one is expecting Remy to be successful tho :unsure:

right they don't understand hip hop. They are speaking from a pop artists perspective. Someone mentioned Kim releasing her diss on PayPal like it was a gutter move.  Nas released Ether by handing it to a club DJ then it went to hot 97. Jay Z did takeover the same way. Drake released back to back on sound cloud.  You rarely hear a diss track being released like a song you're trying to sell because it's always been done grassroots style.   Nicki is the queen of sales, Instagram, &  retweets. She is not a rap queen. Her Burrough in queens is embarrassed that she hasn't clapped back.  Nicki is literally the first artist claiming to be a rapper that has been bodied and stayed quiet. But she sons bitches  ok :rolleyes:

• Upvote 4

This is why Remys 2nd track wasnt needed (until/unless Nicki releases), cause Charlemagne and the Breakfast Club who love Nicki (and are friends with her) just dragged her and all her stans defending her.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=t7vDXmTCadw

Cliiffnote version, cause Barbz wont listen to the whole truth:

"Another One was just OK, its cool on its own but Shether was a headshot, another one was just putting another bullet in a dead body, its real regular, I understand all the criticism, but it dont matter, it dont change Remy bodied Nicki with Shether"

The thing is, rappers rap, Nicki you can post all the pictures you want, but youre supposed to be a rapper. Being that you are a rapper we will never let you forget Remy bodied you with Nas's Ether intrumental, murdered you with Shether, and hit you with Another one.

This is the 1st time we've really seen Nicki in this position. I mean Lil Kim hit her with a few bars, Nicki came back with a few bars, this is the 1st time we see someone really challenge her and say you cant sit on that throne, no you cant have that crown, Remy Ma said shes the queen of rap, not sales, not instagram, not twitter, the queen of rap, so Nicki if you really the "rapper" you claim to be, this is a right a passage in this game, you gotta show us you can get busy

And this asinine reasoning that "Nicki doesn't have to respond because Another One isnt as dope as shether", where is the logic in that? If you think that, you're just looking for a out for Nicki period, and thats not the way this rap thing works.

Shes running the risk of being the 1st rapper from Queens to back down from a rap battle. Win or lose, rappers from Queens been involved in some of the most epic rap battles in history. If you dont reply you let MC Shan down, you let Nas down, you let Prodigy from Mob Deep Down, you let 50cent down, you let LL Cool J down, you let Ja Rule down- SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT JA, Even though 50 & Gunit were all over them, Murder Inc never stopped fighting! Ever, Nicki got hit twice & has yet to respond. That's not the Queens way.

You dont wanna go down in history as the lone rapper in history of queens not to get challenged in rap & do nothing. Please dont think you're above replying to Remy. You like to compare yourself to Jay-Z, you named your album the pinkprint after the blueprint, well on the blueprint is The Takeover, a response to Nas & Mob Deep, he wasn't too big to clap at people who were clappin at him, so why do you? I know you like to compare yourself to Beyonce & think nobody comes for her but Keri Hilson & look how that turned out, well Remy aint Keri, and you aint Beyonce, unless you're saying maybe "I don't wanna rap anymore, I like this pop world, ima do song's for the rest of my life with Ariana Grande & call it a day", gon say F hip hop and go the pop route, you wanna be Beyonce so your next album gon be called "Pink Lemonade", talkin about Meek, that the plan?

STOP TEXTIN THE RADIO DJS COMPLAINING! WE DON'T HAVE TO PICK SIDES! Stop getting upset cause we said Remy bodied you with Shether, because she did thats a fact, Nicki get out ya feelings and get in the studio!

LL gave it to Canibus when he was a superstar & Canibus didn't have a album out. Ja Rule was multi-platinum when 50 was on the mixtape circuit, & Ja had no problem engaging with 50, SO YOU CANT STAND ON "Im a huge star darling, im going to ignore Remy Ma", that's not what our culture is about.  

One of the purest parts of rap music is the battle. You was ready for war with Jason Derulo, if all these bitches is ya sons.....PROVE IT! Until you do, you got Bodied and is the donkey of the day! This is for the culture.

I like Nicki, I think she is one of the best with flowin on a beat, but we've never seen her challenged. We gon act like Remy's not a formidable opponent? I think Remy can rap better than her, but Nicki can rap, you better dig in your bag boo. Stop letting the Barbz fight your battles, everyone of them can kiss my ass, this is a sport, Battle, Remy done pulled ya card."

• Upvote 3

I didn't. I have no interested in anything Remy has done

that can't be 100% true, otherwise you wouldn't have invested all these posts and thoughts throughout this thread arguing back and forth about why Nicki is so amazingly better than Remy.. if none of this interested you, then you wouldn't be interested in the topic at hand...period.

and again, I want to reiterate, idgaf bout ether one of em.. it's just fun for me to see Nicki get knocked down a peg or two.. she's going to be fine regardless.. she won't ever be worried about where her next meal comes from or if she can pay her bills on time or if she'll have a roof over her head.. that's what makes this a fun spectacle imo.

that can't be 100% true, otherwise you wouldn't have invested all these posts and thoughts throughout this thread arguing back and forth about why Nicki is so amazingly better than Remy.. if none of this interested you, then you wouldn't be interested in the topic at hand...period.

and again, I want to reiterate, idgaf bout ether one of em.. it's just fun for me to see Nicki get knocked down a peg or two.. she's going to be fine regardless.. she won't ever be worried about where her next meal comes from or if she can pay her bills on time or if she'll have a roof over her head.. that's what makes this a fun spectacle imo.

Nope.. I haven't listened to Remy. Sorry ??‍♂️

The only thing I wanted to note is the hypocrisy of these Minaj-haters. I personally enjoy Nicki Minaj... do I consider myself a fan? No 

Edited by Game XXIX
  • Upvote 1

Im not even big on Remy myself, obviously better than Nicki, but Shether is the best thing I heard her do, and what I'm most grateful about this beef is beyond exposing that Nicki is fake, its done a even better job of exposing her fans dont know how hip hop works (which coincidentally goes hand in hand with Nicki really being a pop star), that they think its the same as pop, and that they think net worth is better than reputation & talent. 

:rolleyes: That reach will go unnoticed 

It is a lil bit of a reach....I mean Ja Rule wasnt scared to embarass himself by stepping in a ring with someone who battled him, like real rappers do....:unsure:, but we can look beyond that & allow her to where the shoe that fits anyway B)

Edited by jarrylf

This all made me realize.....Nicki is likely the Ja Rule of our time, only he fell off fighting not to. So shes a softer Ja. Really tginj about it, it all adds up....minus alot of the success he had, but primarily due to features

Baby and cash money molded her that way and she let them. they seem to forget nicki was the one who took a shot at Remy the same way she took a shot at Kim. Remy didn't just wake up and say let me go battle this bitch.  

Im trying to find out how you're the only female rapper in your category but you still can't pick up at least one Grammy.  What queen has zero Grammys even with their politics 

• Upvote 1

Remy is cute but she's more along the lines of Rah Digga, Lil Mama, and Khia. I'll throw her a bone and give her Foxy Brown status. 

She's no Lil Kim, Trina, Eve, Queen Latifah, MC Lyte, Lauryn Hill, or Missy Elliot.

Nicki, while not as talented can at least say she's worked with the likes of Madonna and Mariah Carey.  Remy may never.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Remy is cute but she's more along the lines of Rah Digga, Lil Mama, and Khia. I'll throw her a bone and give her Foxy Brown status. 

She's no Lil Kim, Trina, Eve, Queen Latifah, MC Lyte, Lauryn Hill, or Missy Elliot.

That's all true. The rest dont mean shit.

• Upvote 1

that's the problem with her illegitimate fanbase. You don't understand hip hop. The rules of engagement are not the same as the pop world. Should Beyoncé ever respond to Keisha Cole no but The essence of hip hop is the battle. It doesn't matter if it is someone selling a billion records or bum off the street if you get challenged you must clap back. Like Ebro said those suburban white kids didn't know why Eminem was battling people like Benzino and ja rule. You can't call yourself number 1 if you can't battle. Jay did it with nas, Lyte did it with Roxanne Shante, Treach did it with JD, Kim did it with Foxy. Record sales did not matter. You can't walk around saying you son bitches and you can't even clap back at a retired rapper. 

So far Nicki has responded to trey songz and a rogue fan of hers. She hasn't said shit back to Snoop, Angie Martinez, Brat, Lyte, common, nas Cube. I could go on. She's knows better that's why 

I appreciate battle rap and culture but it's not that serious. Some of us have families and bills to pay. Hip hop started because of the life struggle, to tell your story, and unite.

Baby and cash money molded her that way and she let them. they seem to forget nicki was the one who took a shot at Remy the same way she took a shot at Kim. Remy didn't just wake up and say let me go battle this bitch.  

Im trying to find out how you're the only female rapper in your category but you still can't pick up at least one Grammy.  What queen has zero Grammys even with their politics 

When and where did Nicki take a shot at Remy?

It really isnt, this was  a actual rapper vs a pretend one, Khia was just talkin shit, not even necissarily challenging Janet. Remy challenged. Nicki loss. LOFL What are you taking about, everybodies saying Nicki is mad and messaging  her celeb friends that arent supporting her for public help. Shes showing a rapper what a pop star is LOFL, Shes showing Mariah is more gangsta than her, not even a rapper but held her own in a fued with one. This song was a taugnt, she did the best work in the original, this was just a confirmation she knows Nickis bothered, and she's waiting. Nicki not being good at this is prime reason shes not a real rapper and is a pop artist, certainly no Queen for sure. Remy already wom, shes just braggin

This is what im talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=fKmNXS6sK90

Even if Nicki responded I don't see the gain in it. Remy doesn't have a career so she's the only one benefiting from the challenge/spotlight. I could see if Lil Wayne or someone equally famous challenged her.

So Nicki was a pop star when she was doing mix tapes and stuff? This the Nicki haters want but wouldn't support and now she's a huge superstar in her own right. Oh well 

Thank you :lol:. These "hard core" rap fans act like they are out here buying albums and singles. There's nothing wrong with crossing over.

And I always find it strange how black people lately act like we are too good for Pop, Soul, House, and Rock music as if we didn't create most of it to begin with :blink: The disco, motown, swing, jazz, and early rock movements were all black

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thank you :lol:. These "hard core" rap fans act like they are out here buying albums and singles. There's nothing wrong with crossing over.

And I always find it strange how black people lately act like we are too good for Pop, Soul, House, and Rock music as if we didn't create most of it to begin with :blink: The disco, motown, swing, jazz, and early rock movements were all black

They need to stop that shit. Queen Latifah crossed over and so did Tupac, 50 Cent, Ice Cube, Snoop, and many others but yet when Nicki do it it's a fuckin' problem. GTFO lol

• Upvote 2

People who don't understand hip hop stayin confused, but not tryin to learn, Nicki stans.... -_-

Something Onika has done and has moved on from. The rap battle era is dead, like Remy's career

Drakes calling you a liar

Even if Nicki responded I don't see the gain in it. Remy doesn't have a career so she's the only one benefiting from the challenge/spotlight. I could see if Lil Wayne or someone equally famous challenged her.

The fact that you dont kinda says you dont understand rap period. Whats to gain is a rep that if any other rapper calls you out you will handle it and handle them. It is nothing less than stupid to think you have tobbe on the same career level, thats some pop music shit right there. All throughout hip hop history mainstream rappers get challenged by anyone with any platform and if word gets back, you push back until a winner is proclaimed by the public. Thats how it is. Theres NEVER a "too big", your rep was challenged, you defend. Someone will win someone will loose, the end. Im legitimately disappointed that you dont know this kinda stuff Effie......but not surprised.

Since all yall know is singing, let me make it simple. Someone calling themselves rap royalty of any kind but refuses to battle is the equivalent of a vocalist saying theyre the best vocalist that ever lived but refuses to sing live ever.

Who said anything was wrong with crossing over? Whats wrong is calling yourself a rapper and a queen at that but being to scared tobgo toe to toe with anyone who challenges you. That is a major part of basic fundamentals of rap, without that you a rhymer on a beat. Stay on subjecy Carianne, this is about a artist who claims to be something she wont prove with skill. Whats more annoying than that is people of any race placing money over skill, thats whats fucking up our country as a whole, worrying about net worth instead of the work.

They need to stop that shit. Queen Latifah crossed over and so did Tupac, 50 Cent, Ice Cube, Snoop, and many others but yet when Nicki do it it's a fuckin' problem. GTFO lol

NOBODY you listed was actually singing pop songs like superbasic, none of them crossed over that way. 2ndly Foxy Brown called out Latifah when Latifah was at the highest high of the 90s, killing it in music, TV & Movies, and Foxy was a new girl in the scene, Latifah atill found time to clap back. Grossing over isnt a problem but turning your back on what got you there is

Edited by jarrylf

Chille I'm Jake Tapper, with CNN (Chop Nicki Now), and we fight for the truth and the Nicki administration duck & dive facts all yall want, but yall gone keep taking this L.
Image result for Jake Tapper gif

IMG_6364_zpsy48atwvw.gif 

No ones saying Nicki didn't get slapped down. All we're saying is Nicki Minaj can't be touched by the rappers who couldn't survive. It's like if Letoya came for Beyoncé in a diss track. It means nothing except a good laugh. The same people rooting for Remy are people the same people who celebrated the Bowling Green Massacre 

Edited by Game XXIX

IMG_6364_zpsy48atwvw.gif 

No ones saying Nicki didn't get slapped down. All we're saying is Nicki Minaj can't be touched by the rappers who couldn't survive. It's like if Letoya came for Beyoncé in a diss track. It means nothing except a good laugh. The same people rooting for Remy are people the same people who celebrated the Bowling Green Massacre 

But thats a terrible example luv, rappers arent singers, like in many of the examples I said (all rappers I used), those rules dont apply. Saying its like if LeToya challenged Bey, sounds like "what if Bey challenged Slash" its not a THING in pop culture, it is common (and never slowed down) in hip hop culture. What slowed down is females doing it to this extent because of lack of females actively in the game, but this is important cause it can show the up and comes this is how its done. Like this is my favorite thing about hip hop, its the purest form, its not for sales or charts its for reputation and respect, AS WELL as good laughs at the blows (my favorite part) as well as the skill of learning your opponent and crafting how you deliver your dirt and your word choice, even the instrumental choice, it's a rap thing...thats what im defending most. And thats why Im with Charlemagne on this, if she legit wants to consider herself a pop girl, heres her out, heres her spinoff. But if she wants the title of Queen of Rap she gotta do what queens have done before her, prove herself & protect the crown. And its no secret I am not rooting for Nicki, but I really do want her to compete. Especially since its outed that she is bothered and complaining behind the scenes too, let it out! Take it out on the opponent, this is what you sign up for calling yourself a rap Queen or King.