Queen Minaj vs. Remy Nah

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

But thats a terrible example luv, rappers arent singers, like in many of the examples I said (all rappers I used), those rules dont apply. Saying its like if LeToya challenged Bey, sounds like "what if Bey challenged Slash" its not a THING in pop culture, it is common (and never slowed down) in hip hop culture. What slowed down is females doing it to this extent because of lack of females actively in the game, but this is important cause it can show the up and comes this is how its done. Like this is my favorite thing about hip hop, its the purest form, its not for sales or charts its for reputation and respect, AS WELL as good laughs at the blows (my favorite part) as well as the skill of learning your opponent and crafting how you deliver your dirt and your word choice, even the instrumental choice, it's a rap thing...thats what im defending most. And thats why Im with Charlemagne on this, if she legit wants to consider herself a pop girl, heres her out, heres her spinoff. But if she wants the title of Queen of Rap she gotta do what queens have done before her, prove herself & protect the crown. And its no secret I am not rooting for Nicki, but I really do want her to compete. Especially since its outed that she is bothered and complaining behind the scenes too, let it out! Take it out on the opponent, this is what you sign up for calling yourself a rap Queen or King.

So we're gonna pretend Drake & J Cole don't sing? Even the legendary Eminem sang a few songs. Yes, when challenged they all would write some record about it but that's only bc they're masculinity is on the line.

I don't think Drake would write a song about {insert shitty late-90s or early 00s rapper)

She's the queen, not by silly competitions with losers but from her achievements.. achievements that cannot and should not be ignored 

imb_9081C796-1440-48DE-9957-69A884DAC2C0

Edited by Game XXIX

People who don't understand hip hop stayin confused, but not tryin to learn, Nicki stans.... -_-

Drakes calling you a liar

The fact that you dont kinda says you dont understand rap period. Whats to gain is a rep that if any other rapper calls you out you will handle it and handle them. It is nothing less than stupid to think you have tobbe on the same career level, thats some pop music shit right there. All throughout hip hop history mainstream rappers get challenged by anyone with any platform and if word gets back, you push back until a winner is proclaimed by the public. Thats how it is. Theres NEVER a "too big", your rep was challenged, you defend. Someone will win someone will loose, the end. Im legitimately disappointed that you dont know this kinda stuff Effie......but not surprised.

Since all yall know is singing, let me make it simple. Someone calling themselves rap royalty of any kind but refuses to battle is the equivalent of a vocalist saying theyre the best vocalist that ever lived but refuses to sing live ever.

Who said anything was wrong with crossing over? Whats wrong is calling yourself a rapper and a queen at that but being to scared tobgo toe to toe with anyone who challenges you. That is a major part of basic fundamentals of rap, without that you a rhymer on a beat. Stay on subjecy Carianne, this is about a artist who claims to be something she wont prove with skill. Whats more annoying than that is people of any race placing money over skill, thats whats fucking up our country as a whole, worrying about net worth instead of the work.

NOBODY you listed was actually singing pop songs like superbasic, none of them crossed over that way. 2ndly Foxy Brown called out Latifah when Latifah was at the highest high of the 90s, killing it in music, TV & Movies, and Foxy was a new girl in the scene, Latifah atill found time to clap back. Grossing over isnt a problem but turning your back on what got you there is

This is a different time and era. Everybody ain't battle rapping. Didn't Foxy say Remy wanted to battle and she said she ain't got time for it and that she's a business woman. Once you up there you have the option to give peasants your time. Latifah wanted to and Nicki doesn't. 

Edited by JoeJoe
  • Upvote 1

So we're gonna pretend Drake & J Cole don't sing? Even the legendary Eminem sang a few songs. Yes, when challenged they all would write some record about it but that's only bc they're masculinity is on the line.

I don't think Drake would write a song about {insert shitty late-90s or early 00s rapper)

She's the queen, not by silly competitions with losers but from her achievements.. achievements that cannot and should not be ignored 

imb_9081C796-1440-48DE-9957-69A884DAC2C0

Rappers can sing, but if your name is built on rapping, youre a rapper, you abide by doing what rappers do. Being a rapper that sings doesnt make you a pop artist, being a rapper that sings for pop....is different. Just like Chris Brown sure as hell aint a rapper cause hes done it a few times and is awful at it

um......Drake & Diddy have been beefing & battling, and even fighting for years now....like yea already there. Plus you throw in Drake is a Global giant and he took the time to Body the local fool....yea its what real rappers do. I use to write drake off as similar to Nicki, but he proved through his beefs, hes a actual rapper and cant be fucked with. Sales come & go, relevance falls and rises, but in hip hop the rep remains, and is earned by how you hold yout own when challenged.

Not of Rap and not through skill. Numbers only is a top priority for pop artist (and it that realm she aint a queen of nothing comparing her numbers to them). But for rap, shes showing shes got nothing of substance to back that up.

This is a different time and era. Everybody ain't battle rapping. Didn't Foxy say Remy wanted to battle and she said she ain't got time for it and that she's a business woman. Once you up there you have the option to give peasants your time. Latifah wanted to and Nicki doesn't. 

Thats not good enough, if Drake could do it so should Nicki, its still happening and still catching attention, and Foxys career path shows she's made the wrong mistake backing down from anyone, shed probably have a career today if she didnt. Thus proving backing down makes you the automatic loser. Cause if sales & relevance all Nicki stans care about they shouldn't know who Foxy is. If being known as the best is important to you  (it wasnt for Foxy aa you pointed out) by all means take that L & take off that Burger king crown and stop complaining to yo industry friends about you getting dragged. 

:lmao::lmao::lmao: I swear Nicki fans be proving they dont know how hip hop goes, but why should they, they dont stan for a hip hop artist. Beef aint nothin but beef, its all a specticle, and its all about holding your ground against someone who challenges you. Every single thing Remy ever releases can (and likely will be a) flop, but her rep is set that she shook Nicki and released what many are calling 1 of the best diss tracks of all time, and that means something for real hip hop fans and nothing to pop fans who care about numbers. Beefs are also warnings to others that this is what you're in for if you come for them.

I saw Nicki live and her crowd is a bunch of girls and gay boys it's not a rap hip hop crowd she gets

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I saw Nicki live and her crowd is a bunch of girls and gay boys it's not a rap hip hop crowd she gets

okay? And? You people aren't going to condemn her on knowing her demographic? :blink: is it a crime if the Queen of rap's demographic are gays and women? Not enough black men for you? 

What's Remy's demographic? Dust mites and crackheads? 

Edited by KellyGame

What's Remy's demographic? Dust mites and crackheads? 

let's discuss some alternative facts, Remy did get like over 2 million youtube hits on that diss track, now is Remy relevant? for about 15 mins she was but thats over what is she going to do make a career off of dissing one chick?

Rappers can sing, but if your name is built on rapping, youre a rapper, you abide by doing what rappers do. Being a rapper that sings doesnt make you a pop artist, being a rapper that sings for pop....is different. Just like Chris Brown sure as hell aint a rapper cause hes done it a few times and is awful at it

um......Drake & Diddy have been beefing & battling, and even fighting for years now....like yea already there. Plus you throw in Drake is a Global giant and he took the time to Body the local fool....yea its what real rappers do. I use to write drake off as similar to Nicki, but he proved through his beefs, hes a actual rapper and cant be fucked with. Sales come & go, relevance falls and rises, but in hip hop the rep remains, and is earned by how you hold yout own when challenged.

Not of Rap and not through skill. Numbers only is a top priority for pop artist (and it that realm she aint a queen of nothing comparing her numbers to them). But for rap, shes showing shes got nothing of substance to back that up.

Who knew there were strict rules for being considered a rapper who crossed over and made a name for themselves. 

Diddy? He's a joke. Remy didn't have fame, relevance, and sales 

Only priority for Pop artists? Pretty sure Drake has bragged NUMEROUS of times about how many albums he sold. Rappers will use numbers all the time in their music otherwise who cares. If Drake flopped over and over, he wouldn't matter. If Beyoncé flopped over and over, she wouldn't matter.. numbers keep the game going longer. Nicki Minaj bragging about numbers only prolongs her career at the top of the female rap game 

let's discuss some alternative facts, Remy did get like over 2 million youtube hits on that diss track, now is Remy relevant? for about 15 mins she was but thats over what is she going to do make a career off of dissing one chick?

I can find a cat video with 20 million views. Views means NOTHING. And that has been proven time and time again.

Meanwhile Foxy just released a Remy Ma diss. :lmao: 

I know, you know Nicki called her like "HELLLLLLLLLP"  :lmao:, and in the process embarassed both of them. 

Exactly, shes a pop girl, shes not a real rapper, she got a deal to make her what she always wantd to be.

Who knew there were strict rules for being considered a rapper who crossed over and made a name for themselves. 

Diddy? He's a joke. Remy didn't have fame, relevance, and sales 

Only priority for Pop artists? Pretty sure Drake has bragged NUMEROUS of times about how many albums he sold. Rappers will use numbers all the time in their music otherwise who cares. If Drake flopped over and over, he wouldn't matter. If Beyoncé flopped over and over, she wouldn't matter.. numbers keep the game going longer. Nicki Minaj bragging about numbers only prolongs her career at the top of the female rap game 

Yup there are, and 1 would think its a no brainer. All genres are like that in their own right. The best of the best in any genre dont completely turn their backs on the fundimentals that got the artist they were inspired by enough to be in the position they're in. Again, the equivalent of a vocalist refusing to sing live....because their too big for that kind of thing.

Diddys a joke but when he disrespects Drake on a track or anywhere Drake will handle it and prove hea not weak. And again if Remy was a pop girl in her 20s or 30s, thatd be so Uber important,  but shes a hip hop artist in her 40s who came out of Jail and released a Grammy nominated song that put her back in the scene, and then did this and got the whole world saying she bodied Nicki, I think she's pretty happy with that.

Numbers is a point, but a rapper fails when its THE point, just like Nicki defenders trying to make this just about numbers are. Drake also showed amazing skill. Numbers keep relevance going, and thats all flopping kills, but even then when you have hits the numbers still move. Bragging about numbers but showing no identity or skill is battle suicide and is a quick way to admit youre a fraud....which...thats what I think Nicki would do so Id love if she did cause she'd get tore apart again....thats what the original Nicki Ja Rule did to 50.....and we know how that went.^_^

Edited by jarrylf

but we not talking about a cat we talking about someone who most Nicki fans probably dont even know getting this much attention

You mentioned views count as if it meant anything. I'm not even certain what your point was.. I don't even think you know what point you were trying to make

• Downvote 1

You mentioned views count as if it meant anything. I'm not even certain what your point was.. I don't even think you know what point you were trying to make

AGAIN my point was we can all say how irrelevant Remy Ma is, yet somehow this set off a fire and unlike most has-beens she got up out the dust for a few seconds, meaning that diss track clapped hard on Nicki and what can Nicki do?

If Drake whos WAY more successful & talented than Nicki can take the time out of his A-list #1 songs across the chart Grammy winning career to Body Meek, Tyga, Diddy. & any other rapper from the past or thats trying to defeat him in the present, Nicki has no excuse.

And all yall trying to save her with "shes too big", shes not bigger than him, or than Jay or Nas when they were beefing or bigger than Ja when he was or bigger than Latifah than she was, nor Biggie or 2Pac. Being that theyre all legit and actual rappers they all & their fans know why its important that non-rap fans like the Barbz dont know, THIS COMES WITH THE TERRITORY. This is what being a for real rapper is about, this is about using all yout skills to defend your title or take someones title and squash someone without violence. Saying she doesnt have to do this confirms shes a fraud who coasted on ghostwriters & pop audiences to get where she is, its that simple.

Edited by jarrylf

So...I'm on Team Remy. Just because the lyrics are fucking great. Plus she doesn't use antics and gimmicks.

Nicki's first and third albums are great. But her personality and mouth are off putting. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

AGAIN my point was we can all say how irrelevant Remy Ma is, yet somehow this set off a fire and unlike most has-beens she got up out the dust for a few seconds, meaning that diss track clapped hard on Nicki and what can Nicki do?

It set off a fire? Sure if the fire came from a match on a windy day. 

Shes still shit and that's all that matters

If Drake whos WAY more successful & talented than Nicki can take the time out of his A-list #1 songs across the chart Grammy winning career to Body Meek, Tyga, Diddy. & any other rapper from the past or thats trying to defeat him in the present, Nicki has no excuse.

And all yall trying to save her with "shes too big", shes not bigger than him, or than Jay or Nas when they were beefing or bigger than Ja when he was or bigger than Latifah than she was, nor Biggie or 2Pac. Being that theyre all legit and actual rappers they all & their fans know why its important that non-rap fans like the Barbz dont know, THIS COMES WITH THE TERRITORY. This is what being a for real rapper is about, this is about using all yout skills to defend your title or take someones title and squash someone without violence. Saying she doesnt have to do this confirms shes a fraud who coasted on ghostwriters & pop audiences to get where she is, its that simple.

Who's her ghostwriters since you know so much? There's video of Nicki freestyling on youtube and she messed up and it shows she does her own stuff. Every single female rapper has had help writing so let's not go there with the ghost writing stuff. Funny cause if she wasn't a "real rapper" then why did "real rappers" give her her props including Remy before she started hating? What's wrong with having a pop audience? Pop=Popular and all your rapping faves have done pop before, especially the females. Nicki is more than doing her thang in a male dominated field. Just like I posted that video of Foxy saying she wasn't gonna battle rap to prove that not everybody does it if they don't want to and you said that's not good enough. Good enough for who? You? Also since Nicki fans do know who Foxy is then obviously they don't think sales and relevance are all that matter but they're right to pull every card they can when people come for their fave just like you pull every card you can to diminish everything Nicki has done. Her accomplishments and all. We all know you don't like Nicki so you're gonna say any and everything to go against her no matter if it's Remy Nah or not. Remy wasn't shit before Nicki and still ain't shit. She wasn't too good if she has to stick with Fat Joe her whole career and Lord knows he ain't on nobody's radar when it comes to rapping. 

Who's her ghostwriters since you know so much? There's video of Nicki freestyling on youtube and she messed up and it shows she does her own stuff. Every single female rapper has had help writing so let's not go there with the ghost writing stuff. Funny cause if she wasn't a "real rapper" then why did "real rappers" give her her props including Remy before she started hating? What's wrong with having a pop audience? Pop=Popular and all your rapping faves have done pop before, especially the females. Nicki is more than doing her thang in a male dominated field. Just like I posted that video of Foxy saying she wasn't gonna battle rap to prove that not everybody does it if they don't want to and you said that's not good enough. Good enough for who? You? Also since Nicki fans do know who Foxy is then obviously they don't think sales and relevance are all that matter but they're right to pull every card they can when people come for their fave just like you pull every card you can to diminish everything Nicki has done. Her accomplishments and all. We all know you don't like Nicki so you're gonna say any and everything to go against her no matter if it's Remy Nah or not. Remy wasn't shit before Nicki and still ain't shit. She wasn't too good if she has to stick with Fat Joe her whole career and Lord knows he ain't on nobody's radar when it comes to rapping. 

According to most people for a while now its Safari & Wayne. And her being to scared to battle rappers shows shes weak. Period. Freestyles from 10 yrs ago before she became a pop star has nothing to do with her reputation right this second being shes weak and scared and inferior. You can try to create loopholes and outs all you Nicki fans want, but the hip hop crowd has all been saying the same thing, its making her look like a weak loser. Like its hilarious you hold peoples opinions about Nicki so high, but the same people are not only saying she got bodied but also that Shether is 1 of the best diss tracks of all time & many say Remy is better. She didnt need Joe for this, bur Nicki not responding is showing she likely needs somebody. :lmao:

Edited by jarrylf