Queen Minaj vs. Remy Nah

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

its all she can do... 

Her whole career is a lil Kim tribute. She should say thank you Kim every morning she wakes. 

Something Onika has done and has moved on from. The rap battle era is dead, like Remy's career

when the the battle era die? What music have you been listening too. Even these trash trap rappers still go at each other. Have you listened to j Cole new stuff or Kendricks. They still take shots at each other and other rappers 

When and where did Nicki take a shot at Remy?

on the Gucci track after Remy said she had no issue with Nicki on the radio. She too thecwirds from Remy's interview and twisted them into to be the queen you gotta sake records you gotta get plaques. 

• Upvote 1

So they can embarrass themselves with weak ass rhymes? They can stay retired 

What weak rhymes? No past female rapper has weaker lyrics than what's out now. Those women actually rapped about real issues. Not their asses or money. No one can match the flow or lyrical content of Monie Love, Yo Yo, MC lyte, Ms melody or queen latifah. Monie Love's last verse on ladies first is one of the greatest of all times.  

• Upvote 2

Her whole career is a lil Kim tribute. She should say thank you Kim every morning she wakes. 

when the the battle era die? What music have you been listening too. Even these trash trap rappers still go at each other. Have you listened to j Cole new stuff or Kendricks. They still take shots at each other and other rappers 

on the Gucci track after Remy said she had no issue with Nicki on the radio. She too thecwirds from Remy's interview and twisted them into to be the queen you gotta sake records you gotta get plaques. 

What weak rhymes? No past female rapper has weaker lyrics than what's out now. Those women actually rapped about real issues. Not their asses or money. No one can match the flow or lyrical content of Monie Love, Yo Yo, MC lyte, Ms melody or queen latifah. Monie Love's last verse on ladies first is one of the greatest of all times.  

Amen on all that, Charlemagne confirmed he had convo with Nicki about her track with Gucci beiny about Remy 

And you're explaining hip hop culture and legends to people who dont know or care and thinks its the same as pop. Theres gonna be disrespect about nearly every if not all the names you said primarily based on their standing with pop audiences right now or their sales.

Aside from President Drake who was born into this country... not rap :coffee: 

According to most people for a while now its Safari & Wayne. And her being to scared to battle rappers shows shes weak. Period. Freestyles from 10 yrs ago before she became a pop star has nothing to do with her reputation right this second being shes weak and scared and inferior. You can try to create loopholes and outs all you Nicki fans want, but the hip hop crowd has all been saying the same thing, its making her look like a weak loser. Like its hilarious you hold peoples opinions about Nicki so high, but the same people are not only saying she got bodied but also that Shether is 1 of the best diss tracks of all time & many say Remy is better. She didnt need Joe for this, bur Nicki not responding is showing she likely needs somebody. :lmao:

All of what you said is meaningless to me cause the same way you say i'm creating loopholes is the same thing you're doing to discredit what she's done so it's whatever. No point in me going back and forth with you. Who the hell said Shether is one of the best diss tracks of all time? :lol: you? I ain't heard nobody but you say that. I haven't heard it from the breakfast club or anyone else. Remy needs Joe period. Can't nobody name naan solo song of hers. All these fake fans coming out of the woodworks lol

Edited by JoeJoe

All of what you said is meaningless to me cause the same way you say i'm creating loopholes is the same thing you're doing to discredit what she's done so it's whatever. No point in me going back and forth with you. Who the hell said Shether is one of the best diss tracks of all time? :lol: you? I ain't heard nobody but you say that. I haven't heard it from the breakfast club or anyone else. Remy needs Joe period. Can't nobody name naan solo song of hers. All these fake fans coming out of the woodworks lol

That doesnt make any sense, my point is alot of the same people that praised her when she was new & still like her shit is calling her weak and whack for this. Oh and despite you and all the barbz hate for Remy, for all that follow hip hop shes actually prettu loved and since I follow hip hop outlets and people that are about hip hop, many were calling Shether 1 of the greatest diss track's before I even heard it, so yea no, nice try through. I guess you dont follow the Breakfast club that closely cauwe you didnt know they said Remy was better either  (thats on the link I provided), and everybody's talking about Shether. If she needed Joe "Period" hed be on it, I cant wit Barbz talkin about everything that dont have to do with this. Shether is what matters, and what people could name, But most importantly nobody can name a diss Nicki did thats better. People know with 1 song Remy showed Nicki is a pop artist whos scared of hip hop. Remy proved she dont need Joe more than Nicki proved she don't need Safari or any of her other "alleged" ghostwriters shes away from at the moment :lmao: 

Edited by jarrylf

People who don't understand hip hop stayin confused, but not tryin to learn, Nicki stans.... -_-

Drakes calling you a liar

The fact that you dont kinda says you dont understand rap period. Whats to gain is a rep that if any other rapper calls you out you will handle it and handle them. It is nothing less than stupid to think you have tobbe on the same career level, thats some pop music shit right there. All throughout hip hop history mainstream rappers get challenged by anyone with any platform and if word gets back, you push back until a winner is proclaimed by the public. Thats how it is. Theres NEVER a "too big", your rep was challenged, you defend. Someone will win someone will loose, the end. Im legitimately disappointed that you dont know this kinda stuff Effie......but not surprised.

Since all yall know is singing, let me make it simple. Someone calling themselves rap royalty of any kind but refuses to battle is the equivalent of a vocalist saying theyre the best vocalist that ever lived but refuses to sing live ever.

Who said anything was wrong with crossing over? Whats wrong is calling yourself a rapper and a queen at that but being to scared tobgo toe to toe with anyone who challenges you. That is a major part of basic fundamentals of rap, without that you a rhymer on a beat. Stay on subjecy Carianne, this is about a artist who claims to be something she wont prove with skill. Whats more annoying than that is people of any race placing money over skill, thats whats fucking up our country as a whole, worrying about net worth instead of the work.

NOBODY you listed was actually singing pop songs like superbasic, none of them crossed over that way. 2ndly Foxy Brown called out Latifah when Latifah was at the highest high of the 90s, killing it in music, TV & Movies, and Foxy was a new girl in the scene, Latifah atill found time to clap back. Grossing over isnt a problem but turning your back on what got you there is

If Nicki wants to boast with confidence that shes the queen of rap she can do that. It doesn't mean she thinks for feels she's actually better, it's just word play. No one gets on a record and says "yeah I suck, and everyone is more talented than me".

Anyways all that stuff sounds cool when you're starting out (American Idol comes to mind as a version for singers), but once you've made a name for yourself, 30 years old, settling down, having kids like where does it end? When do we grow up? I understand that it's underground rap culture, but that's where it should stay... underground.  Otherwise it comes off as very basic and high school. I'm not here for battles I'm here for whatever sounds good, especially because I don't relate to half the stuff most rappers put out anyways. I'm here for party rappers, love songs, and club bangers. Call it pop call it whatever.  Be mad

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is a different time and era. Everybody ain't battle rapping. Didn't Foxy say Remy wanted to battle and she said she ain't got time for it and that she's a business woman. Once you up there you have the option to give peasants your time. Latifah wanted to and Nicki doesn't. 

kiiiii  lol lol yeassss

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Exactly, shes a pop girl, shes not a real rapper, she got a deal to make her what she always wantd to be.

You keep saying "a real rapper". What makes a real rapper? It seems like you want people to live in a musical box. Michael Jackson used to beatbox. Should that aspect of his persona be discredited because he's a pop singer? Is Will Smith not a real actor because he used to rap? RZA used to rap and now he directs Kung Fu films. JLo is the queen of doing everything under the sun, and Janet is doing a diamond line. Queen Latifah turned out to be a talk host.  Beyonce damn near raps on her songs.  This is why hip hop never gets critical acclaim or is taken seriously because it seems the culture itself is too afraid to evolve. Flo Rida and Pitbull raps over dance music, does that make them less of a rapper?

Edited by EphraimAdamz
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

You keep saying "a real rapper". What makes a real rapper? It seems like you want people to live in a musical box. Michael Jackson used to beatbox. Should that aspect of his persona be discredited because he's a pop singer? Is Will Smith not a real actor because he used to rap? RZA used to rap and now he directs Kung Fu films. JLo is the queen of doing everything under the sun, and Janet is doing a diamond line. Queen Latifah turned out to be a talk host.  Beyonce damn near raps on her songs.  This is why hip hop never gets critical acclaim or is taken seriously because it seems the culture itself is too afraid to evolve. Flo Rida and Pitbull raps over dance music, does that make them less of a rapper?

Critics of Nicki Minaj

200w_zpsfutwvvoj.gif

Edited by KellyGame

Well just flood my basement why don't you. :ph34r: 

• Upvote 1

If Nicki wants to boast with confidence that shes the queen of rap she can do that. It doesn't mean she thinks for feels she's actually better, it's just word play. No one gets on a record and says "yeah I suck, and everyone is more talented than me".

Anyways all that stuff sounds cool when you're starting out (American Idol comes to mind as a version for singers), but once you've made a name for yourself, 30 years old, settling down, having kids like where does it end? When do we grow up? I understand that it's underground rap culture, but that's where it should stay... underground.  Otherwise it comes off as very basic and high school. I'm not here for battles I'm here for whatever sounds good, especially because I don't relate to half the stuff most rappers put out anyways. I'm here for party rappers, love songs, and club bangers. Call it pop call it whatever.  Be mad

Thank you! Both women are almost 40 and people still want them to "battle rap" like they're in their 20s or at least early 30s which neither are. As I said before...when Nicki was doing undergroup rap and all the stuff nobody who's talking crap now was supporting her. Just like all the other male and female rappers before her, if you're music appeals to the general public then you're gonna automatically cross over to pop. I don't know any artist in the world who's gonna say "well i'll just go back to doing what I started out doing although I sell more records, have more fans, and make more money with the music I made that crossed over.

kiiiii  lol lol yeassss

:lol:

Thank you again! I used to refuse to listen to new music as I was stuck in my "I'll only listen to 90's and early 2000's music". I literally wouldn't listen to radio, just my itunes and the only time i'd hear new music is when I went out to the clubs and bars or if my friends would play it. I wasn't even trying to give Rihanna a chance when she first debute and now I love a lot of her music. I thought about how I was trying to block out new music and new younger artists. I said to myself "I bet this is what people as they get older, they get stuck inside a box instead of evolving with the world." and I told myself I'm not gonna be one of them. Now I like the older music I grew up on and the new music the millennials are growing up on. I'm glad I have an open mind. As for Jarryl he's always been a Nicki hater. Hell he even once believe Iggy would take Nicki's crown lol

OH DEAR GOD, how do people who have so little understanding of a genre & its ins & outs have so much to say? :lmao: like really? Myself and many who actually follow hip hop are explaining to yall that are confused and clearly only know the pop & R&B rules. Yall are lookin so stanish for real :lmao: 

Who said she couldnt say it, the problem is when rappers say it they will be challenged to prove it, using their skill not their money.

"All that sounds cool when youre starting out"?....:lmao: Effie.....What? You're not making a ounce of sense and showing you dont know how this works, neither Drake or Meek were new when they were throwing diss tracks, Diddy wasnt when he started beefing with Drake. Latifah & Kim werent new in their beefs & diss tracks to Foxy. JAY & NAS WERENT NEW WHEN THEY BEEFED. And it wasnt underground. It goes to the followers of hip hop, its hip hop at its purist form because it goes out straight to the people in a effort to protect your crown. Nicki not responding isnt changing that, its a loss, and a admission she cant compete. And yea the opinion of 1 of the best and most organic and creative and original parts of hip hop from someone who doesnt understand isnt making anyone mad, its providing laughter. The only ones mad is Nicki stans and Nicki herself, you cant flip that, im loving this all, even having to explain over & over how hip hop works, cause its all proof Nicki fans arent fans of hip hop, and I live for that being true. Thank you.

WOW, again im pretty disappointed  you know so little about music.....thats odd and sad,  not surprising considering who you're defending. I mean your examples.... youre doing your own terrible  (yet HILARIOUS) job at assuming what im saying. When did I say rappers can only rap? What makes Nicki not a real rapper is her image and her pop appeal seems to consistently be more of a priority than anything she does in rap, and did it right out the contract. "This is why hip hop doesnt get critical acclaim".....you really dont follow this at all basically...its easy to see how you continue to miss the point, its not about "going pop" or even "selling out" as some would say, the problem is doing what you and other people who dont know hip hop want and abandoning that life line that hip hop has directly to its followers. That "those things only are needed when you're starting out, when you're established its beneath you" logic is for pop. What makes hip hop great and always has is its about showing no matter how successful these people who were in your neighborhood on your blocks no matter how far they'll go, they remember where they came from, and essentially a beef and diss track is showing they are reachable, and they will reach from their throne to put a up & comer in their place. Hip hop and hip hop artists are always gonna evolve but what makes someone a real hip hop artist and not a pop star who can rap, or beatbox (those are 2 different things, I can see you didnt know) is someone like Jay-Z who still maintains no matter how high up he gets, hes a man of & from the streets, & even proved it in recent years when he dissed Drake for saying something like Jay basically isnt relatable anymore. There is no age or financial or status stamp on that shit, yall just making it up to weasel her out. 

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 3