Queen Minaj vs. Remy Nah

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

Its nothing wrong with being fans of Hip-Pop music, but its people wanting genre integrity to die for the sake of numbers and popularity thats a problem. And ive always maintained that (especially with R&B being my favorite genre), crossing over isnt a problem, but saying someones too big to showcase skill is downright asinine & insulting. Its saying a vocalists who sounds great on mixed and recorded tracks dont have to sing live. That bands who got their deals playing real instruments should only use electronics after a certain point because theyre too big for that. Thats what saying "Nicki Minaj is too big/mainstream to battle" is the equivalent of saying. And ill keep repeating it because its the truth, and because much bigger and much better have done it and will continue to.

• Upvote 1

This is a different time and era. Everybody ain't battle rapping. Didn't Foxy say Remy wanted to battle and she said she ain't got time for it and that she's a business woman. Once you up there you have the option to give peasants your time. Latifah wanted to and Nicki doesn't. 

And yet

Foxy is a walking contradiction. Foxy has been trying to get in the biz for a few minutes now. Tried to reunite with Kim  and got extra salty when Kim said no.
I like Inga  but she's just another opportunist. 

These are new times but Ol'girl had the time to diss/shade Banks, this a different era but Ol'girl had the time to come for 3 pop figures who wont clap back... .This a different time and era YET niki has the time to like shady comments about Remy and sending texts to radio hosts calling them fake cuz they are supporting Remy and not her etc. Just doesn't have the time to actually address the one who directly diss her. 

She did good though cuz Remy is about that life and Niki should be careful BUT some of you are reaching with amputated arms. She got shook and scared took the L and moved on with her life. And that's what she should be doing beause like i said Remy ain't the one. 
It might hurt her hip hop appeal but at the end of the day the ones supporting her are the pop fans who don't care about none of this and it's ok. 

Anyway... 

WHEW

2 of the best diss tracks of all time <3 <3

• Upvote 2

Its nothing wrong with being fans of Hip-Pop music, but its people wanting genre integrity to die for the sake of numbers and popularity thats a problem. And ive always maintained that (especially with R&B being my favorite genre), crossing over isnt a problem, but saying someones too big to showcase skill is downright asinine & insulting. Its saying a vocalists who sounds great on mixed and recorded tracks dont have to sing live. That bands who got their deals playing real instruments should only use electronics after a certain point because theyre too big for that. Thats what saying "Nicki Minaj is too big/mainstream to battle" is the equivalent of saying. And ill keep repeating it because its the truth, and because much bigger and much better have done it and will continue to.

Mariah has proven herself. She doesn't have to sing live every time.

Just like Janet doesn't need to dance in every video

It's called being legendary with nothing else to prove.

Edited by EphraimAdamz
  • Downvote 1

Mariah has proven herself. She doesn't have to sing live every time.

Just like Janet doesn't need to dance in every video

It's called being legendary with nothing else to prove.

:lmao::lmao: 

HOW are you so bad at getting the point. Mariahs making herself a joke by lipsyncing as much as she does and not tailoring her songs to fit her voices restrictions.

Your Janet point attempt is bullshit because she wasnt dancing in every single video up to a point, and then stopped. She always had a ballance, and didn't slow down her dancing  (even then not to a drastically noticeble extent) until the last tour, which came after 40yrs dancing on a stage. By that logic applied to hip hop, rappers shouldnt diss tracks until their careers hit 30-40yrs :lmao: 

What youre excusing is Legendary pop acts. Point blank period, legendary rappers for the most part (and Nicki is nowhere near it right now) will continue to prove themselves and represent who they are and where they came from. 

Thank you for this laughter this morning.

Y'all still in here tryna figure out what Nicki gon do now...?

Psh I already know.

1. Continue to hide & fail

2. Wait until her album comes out respond (gives her & her ghostwriters time to make a proper inferior comeback) and use the situation to drum up interest to boost sales cause shes on her way out since het sales per project decreases.

• Upvote 1

Some of you don't know what hip hop is.  You can't use sales/charts when it comes to rap beef.  Nicki got shethered and she hasn't responded to Remy but can respond to everyone else.  Kim been told yall how Nicki was and Remy just furthered what Kim been saying. 

• Upvote 4

:rolleyes: some people aren't worth replying to. Nemy is one of em

All these claims of a ghostwriter but no writers have came forward :coffee: 

You cant throw an accusation out there and have zero credibility/sources. Who are you? Donald Trump?

:lmao: That's not how it works, and its not how hip hop sees it. When Ja Rule responded to 50, Ja had hits all over the charts and was acting in movies and 50 was a mixtape artist. When your name, reputation and skill is being dragged by someone so loudly it gets back to you at the top (like we all know Remy did), you shut it down if youre a hip hop artist. Nickis suicide in this was crying about it to DJ's and her friends, who did the right thing by letting us know shes bothered. All that to say if Remy wasnt worth responding to, she wouldnt have Nicki mad enough to try to beg people to defend her...:unsure:

Safaree already spilled on that, so yea, there have been. But whether he did or not people been spilling on him & Wayne for a while. Was it different when Nicki's hypocritical ass was calling out rappers who use them, or do they only HAVE to come forward when its Nicki beint accused instead of accusing... :coffee: 

Some of you don't know what hip hop is.  You can't use sales/charts when it comes to rap beef.  Nicki got shethered and she hasn't responded to Remy but can respond to everyone else.  Kim been told yall how Nicki was and Remy just furthered what Kim been saying. 

Basically, Im livin, cause this is all exposing how shes not hip hop, and her fans expectations are proving they have been forsaken! :lmao: its like 3 degrees of entertainment with this subject :lmao: I knew this day was coming! Praise Jansus!

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 2

:rolleyes: some people aren't worth replying to. Nemy is one of em

All these claims of a ghostwriter but no writers have came forward :coffee: 

You cant throw an accusation out there and have zero credibility/sources. Who are you? Donald Trump?

Nemy's here? :umm: 

• Upvote 2

Right texting radio DJs mad cause they calling her out. Nicki is showing out for her pop fans right now. That's where she makes her money now but no one is going to take her seriously if she tries to clap at anyone outside of the pop genre.  New York is done with her as an MC. Her neighborhood is embarrassed.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Right texting radio DJs mad cause they calling her out. Nicki is showing out for her pop fans right now. That's where she makes her money now but no one is going to take her seriously if she tries to clap at anyone outside of the pop genre.  New York is done with her as an MC. Her neighborhood is embarrassed.  

You know this bc you interviewed a large portion of her neighborhood or are you Trumping this entire thread? 

Lets start seeing some facts and not what your cuzzin Bernard said on social media. Thanks :) 

So now y'all mad cause people siding with Nicki and y'all wanna say they don't understand hip hop or they don't know much about music. I'm sure they do but they still rock with Nicki and if they feel she ain't gotta beef then that's just what it is. Foxy was bigger than Remy and still refused to battle rap with her. Did that take away Foxy's cred? Hell no :coffee:

Yup, Queens is rightfully calling her out!l

And yall pop fans need to check out The Breakfast club sometime....sometimes they talk pop too.....so its something for you guys too... :lmao: :coffee: 

So now y'all mad cause people siding with Nicki and y'all wanna say they don't understand hip hop or they don't know much about music. I'm sure they do but they still rock with Nicki and if they feel she ain't gotta beef then that's just what it is. Foxy was bigger than Remy and still refused to battle rap with her. Did that take away Foxy's cred? Hell no :coffee:

:lmao::lmao: literally the only people on her side are her stans (which this convo is showing), and literally only she & them are mad, everyone else (even casual fans) are dragging and clowning her and her stans. And yea you and all her stans are proving you guys dont know how hip hop works. AND whats hurtint Foxys cred is coming for Remy only because of Nicki, thats weak, and its being trashed. And its hilarious. Plus Latitah & Kim already gathered her. Her rep is that shes at least got in the ring with other female rappers to prove herself. What makes Nicki weak & whack is she could never. :lol:

Edited by jarrylf

:lmao: That's not how it works, and its not how hip hop sees it. When Ja Rule responded to 50, Ja had hits all over the charts and was acting in movies and 50 was a mixtape artist. When your name, reputation and skill is being dragged by someone so loudly it gets back to you at the top (like we all know Remy did), you shut it down if youre a hip hop artist. Nickis suicide in this was crying about it to DJ's and her friends, who did the right thing by letting us know shes bothered. All that to say if Remy wasnt worth responding to, she wouldnt have Nicki mad enough to try to beg people to defend her...:unsure:

Safaree already spilled on that, so yea, there have been. But whether he did or not people been spilling on him & Wayne for a while. Was it different when Nicki's hypocritical ass was calling out rappers who use them, or do they only HAVE to come forward when its Nicki beint accused instead of accusing... :coffee: 

Ja Rule and 50 Cent are very successful Pop stars. Ja Rule only hits with collaborations with (mostly R&B) stars. 50 was a NYC rapper and businessman. Nemy ain't shit. She can be upset over the slanderous things Remy said in his songs. Nicki Minaj is handling it quite well imo

Safaree reneged on that via twitter (tweet's now deleted but that don't mean shit): 

“If not the best. She has her style, I have mine. So stop saying I write her stuff! Not true! She sits with a pen and pad and does it herself!”

http://www.ibtimes.com/does-nicki-minaj-use-ghostwriter-rapper-rah-digga-says-safaree-samuels-wrote-minajs-2416624

So yes.. she can write about fake rappers like the Australian fake rapper

Edited by KellyGame

Ja Rule and 50 Cent are very successful Pop stars. Ja Rule only hits with collaborations with (mostly R&B) stars. 50 was a NYC rapper and businessman. Nemy ain't shit. She can be upset over the slanderous things Remy said in his songs. Nicki Minaj is handling it quite well imo

Safaree reneged on that via twitter (tweet's now deleted but that don't mean shit): 

“If not the best. She has her style, I have mine. So stop saying I write her stuff! Not true! She sits with a pen and pad and does it herself!”

http://www.ibtimes.com/does-nicki-minaj-use-ghostwriter-rapper-rah-digga-says-safaree-samuels-wrote-minajs-2416624

So yes.. she can write about fake rappers like the Australian fake rapper

50 and Ja are hip hop artist who dabbled in pop but had most success in hip hop. Ja having mostly hits with R&B artists...dont make him a pop artist, he got pop success from hip hop songs, not the same as Nicki. 50 became a businessman after his career peaked (like most rappers do & did), and he did it after destroying Ja Rule, which he did before he was a businessman and before he got destroyed by Kanye. This is how hip hop works. Your opinion is heavily based in pop so that's a given. But to fans of hip hop shes a joke right now.

Oh thats cute, but he said today that he did (most recent news wins) and nope hes just the main one named, but theres Wayne and Drake too. So no she has no right, good work on the digg tho, if not for the interview today, still itd be useless cause whether or not he did it (he did and wants backpay) its such a thing now anytime she accuses anyone else she'll get a side eye :lol: 

50 and Ja are hip hop artist who dabbled in pop but had most success in hip hop. Ja having mostly hits with R&B artists...dont make him a pop artist, he got pop success from hip hop songs, not the same as Nicki. 50 became a businessman after his career peaked (like most rappers do & did), and he did it after destroying Ja Rule, which he did before he was a businessman and before he got destroyed by Kanye. This is how hip hop works. Your opinion is heavily based in pop so that's a given. But to fans of hip hop shes a joke right now.

Oh thats cute, but he said today that he did (most recent news wins) and nope hes just the main one named, but theres Wayne and Drake too. So no she has no right, good work on the digg tho, if not for the interview today, still itd be useless cause whether or not he did it (he did and wants backpay) its such a thing now anytime she accuses anyone else she'll get a side eye :lol: 

sure if you ignore everything I said about Ja Rule who couldn't get a hit without a collaboration with a singer. Too bad hip-hop fans don't buy music or they may have made a difference 

So let me get this straight... Safaree and Nicki dated three years ago and now he's going to B-shows to say that he wrote her 100% of her songs. Rewind a few years earlier when he went on a twitter rant about how great she is at doing it herself 0_o that's your source? Take a few steps back and think about that

Thats like if Rene came out of no where to say he wrote 100% of ALL of Janet's hits. 

Moral of the story: a man seeking your money is a man not worth trusting

Edited by KellyGame

sure if you ignore everything I said about Ja Rule who couldn't get a hit without a collaboration with a singer. Too bad hip-hop fans don't buy music or they may have made a difference 

So let me get this straight... Safaree and Nicki dated three years ago and now he's going to B-shows to say that he wrote her 100% of her songs. Rewind a few years earlier when he went on a twitter rant about how great she is at doing it herself 0_o that's your source? Take a few steps back and think about that

Thats like if Rene came out of no where to say he wrote 100% of ALL of Janet's hits. 

Moral of the story: a man seeking your money is a man not worth trusting

Nah luv thats everyone on Nickis side avoiding actual facts with alternative facts. I already said his features were all from hip hop & R&B artists, not pop artist (like Britney), which means he was accepted in pop by pop accepting pop & R&B, and unlike Nicki, he at least tried to defend himself & his rep (like a rapper from Queend is supposed to). And its more disappointing that pop fans are so obsessed with sales they dont comprehend how sales are not the highest priority for every other genre. That many others actually value authenticity.  :coffee: 

They dated for 8yrs been broken up since he finished writing The Pinkprint. And hey, court of public opinion is loud and they all saying his name. And his admission is worth more than a jealous competitors accusation (Charlemagne also spiller about how Nicki is a jealous brat about any other female MC getting attention). Thus that source is just as if not more untrustworthy than a actual credited writing ex. :lmao: 

I watched the interview. Safaree said Nicki wrote her stuff too. He said he helped but he never said he wrote all of anything at anytime. Stop trying to act like Nicki ain't talented and that only Remy is. As if Remy don't have help writing her shit lol. Remy hasn't been on anybody's radar in the past or present except for that wack diss record about Nicki and guess what? Now nobody's talking about Remy or buying that album. Safaree's a bitter ex. If he wanted to spill tea he should've done it when they broke up. Why wait til now? Also he even said on Wendy that he's trying to gain exposure or did you not hear that? Either way Nicki >>>>>>>>>> Remy

:lmao: All Barbz got is money talk, the language of pop music. Remy didnt need Shether to sell, she needed to shake a bitch, and she did. Mission accomplished,  where she goes from here or what she does after all this is a seperate thing. People that follow hip hop know this kinda shit, I still dont get how people who know so little about hip hop and dont follow it have so much to say about it. Point blank it was being spilled about Nicki and ghostwriters before she & Safaree even broke up, and again about Wayne being 1 too, but loudest about Safaree, which again just all in all means she has no right to try to talk about anybody else and ghost writers

And either way, Nicki got bodied and proved shes a pop star.

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 1

Can you say "liar" and "hypocrite"?

The lyrical genius that is Remy Ma has fresh thoughts on her feud with Nicki Minaj.

Find out why she feels that her well-received diss track ‘SHether‘ stands as one of the lower points of her career below…

I do not condone or recommend the tearing down of another female. That’s not what I do.

Anybody that knows me knows that I embrace females. I think we work so much better when we work together and when we help each other. However, in the event that you piss me off and we become archenemies, run for cover.”

It just bothers me that this record that I put out where it’s literally picking apart a female went so viral, and every media outlet wants to talk about it and pick it up; I feel like we could’ve done the same thing working together. I just personally think it would’ve been so much cooler…if we came together and made something crazy […] It could’ve been totally different. I don’t regret [“Shether”], but I’m not particularly proud of it.

Read more: http://thatgrapejuice.net/2017/03/remy-extends-olive-branch-nicki-minaj-not-proud-shether/#ixzz4alVTc3sD 

The clip of the interview is in there.

Nah luv thats everyone on Nickis side avoiding actual facts with alternative facts. I already said his features were all from hip hop & R&B artists, not pop artist (like Britney), which means he was accepted in pop by pop accepting pop & R&B, and unlike Nicki, he at least tried to defend himself & his rep (like a rapper from Queend is supposed to). And its more disappointing that pop fans are so obsessed with sales they dont comprehend how sales are not the highest priority for every other genre. That many others actually value authenticity.  :coffee: 

They dated for 8yrs been broken up since he finished writing The Pinkprint. And hey, court of public opinion is loud and they all saying his name. And his admission is worth more than a jealous competitors accusation (Charlemagne also spiller about how Nicki is a jealous brat about any other female MC getting attention). Thus that source is just as if not more untrustworthy than a actual credited writing ex. :lmao: 

R&B in the 90s/2000s was Pop (Pop is short for popular). Please save it with the "quality not quantity" argument. That only applies to flops and award shows

Court of Opinion thinks MJ touched little boys.. his admission is null and void since he went on a twitter attack. He's bitter. Period

Nicki can be a "jealous brat" but no female rapper is on her level 

The video is before the before she dragged her so the point is useless to the conversation, Foxy and Kim use to be tight,  and Remy & Nicki use to be cool with each other (publically). Thats not now. Now Remys saying she wish she didnt have to drag and expose her so hard but shes glad she did. And so is alot of people that aren't barbz. :coffee:

R&B in the 90s/2000s was Pop (Pop is short for popular). Please save it with the "quality not quantity" argument. That only applies to flops and award shows

Court of Opinion thinks MJ touched little boys.. his admission is null and void since he went on a twitter attack. He's bitter. Period

Nicki can be a "jealous brat" but no female rapper is on her level 

Oh if the title "pop" for the genre we'll call it bouble gum, and when R&B was dominatijg it was R&B popular on boublegum radio. And no it applies to genres, what next Country and Jazz arent genres either unless theyre popular :lmao:  Theres a difference between popular music and music in the pop genre 

https://www.thoughtco.com/what-is-pop-music-3246980

Her having ghostwriters now outweighs her competition because its been dragged like her point blank and its associated with her fot people to have a opinion 1 way or another. Point is if MJ went onstage calling out folks as pedifiles hed get the side eye, and now Nicki will if she comes for ghostwriters. Thats how this works :coffee:

Well no other female rapper tried so hard to be a bouble gum music star like her so its not comparable. :lol:

Edited by jarrylf

The video is before the before she dragged her so the point is useless to the conversation, Foxy and Kim use to be tight,  and Remy & Nicki use to be cool with each other (publically). Thats not now. Now Remys saying she wish she didnt have to drag and expose her so hard but shes glad she did. And so is alot of people that aren't barbz. :coffee:

Oh if the title "pop" for the genre we'll call it bouble gum, and when R&B was dominatijg it was R&B popular on boublegum radio. And no it applies to genres, what next Country and Jazz arent genres either unless theyre popular :lmao:  Theres a difference between popular music and music in the pop genre 

https://www.thoughtco.com/what-is-pop-music-3246980

Her having ghostwriters now outweighs her competition because its been dragged like her point blank and its associated with her fot people to have a opinion 1 way or another. Point is if MJ went onstage calling out folks as pedifiles hed get the side eye, and now Nicki will if she comes for ghostwriters. Thats how this works :coffee:

Well no other female rapper tried so hard to be a bouble gum music star like her so its not comparable. :lol:

Listen... let it go. Nicki is a rapper. Her music is placed into iTunes under what... I'll wait 

You keep saying she had a ghostwriter but then source someone who claims they didn't write for her (then deleting the tweet and going on jealous tangents about how he wrote all her songs). Quite Donald Trumping this ghostwriter thing. There's more evidence than Obama tapped Trump than there is that Sarfaree wrote Nicki's music

But That's the whole point... MJ probably didn't touch little boys and Nicki probably doesn't have a ghostwriter. Both have sketchy circumstances surrounding them but neither are fact. 

Bubble gum pop star? You're reaching. None of them could. Maybe Missy but that's if she tried... oh wait.. :coffee: 

Edited by KellyGame