Queen Minaj vs. Remy Nah

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

Shes a pop girl, ofcourse her success is bigger, yet Remy still got her beat on Nicki'a most prized chart :lmao:

Yea Drake and Chance strengthen the hip hop genre, and Nicki as evident with this mess and her Barbz continue to try to weaken it with her Kidz Bops, and is now a laughing stock and touring on pop hits from the past :lmao: :lmao:

Her success was bigger bc she has a wide audience, she's pretty to look at, and her music is solid (not the best ever.. but solid never the less). Not sure how she's Pop when all she does is rap.. so what if it's not about bitches, murder, cars, sex, or money... (Super Bass for example.. a solo hit)... it's fun to listen to.. it goes hard, and is catchy as fuck. Isn't that the point of music, entertainment industry? To garner the biggest attention? To have the word enjoy your work of art? 

If this was the mid-1900s, you would insist "Picasso is Pop" 

Edited by KellyGame

I legit thought the two of you (Jarryl and Norman) were like sidekicks on here for the longest.. you guys would be liking each other's posts and agreeing left and right and backing each other up...

..but this shit opened my eyes ? 

Yea we have opinions we strongly disagree on and are ones we agree on

Her success was bigger bc she has a wide audience, she's pretty to look at, and her music is solid (not the best ever.. but solid never the less). Not sure how she's Pop when all she does is rap.. so what if it's not about bitches, murder, cars, sex, or money... (Super Bass for example.. a solo hit)... it's fun to listen to.. it goes hard, and is catchy as fuck. Isn't that the point of music, entertainment industry? To garner the biggest attention? To have the word enjoy your work of art? 

If this was the mid-1900s, you would insist "Picasso is Pop" 

All thats fine and comes down to preference, as much as I love hip hop, im picky with most and she just doesnt do it for me like it really diesbt feel genuine, it really comes off like pop is her goal, and the issue is instances like this. She boasts about being the queen off of her sales and pop success but when taken to task, when challenged by someone to show us that beyond being Ariana's bestie she can still show bar for bar thst she earned that title with her skill not just her sales.  Probably wouldnt believe me but thats the kind of thing thatd possibly strike a match that maybe shes worth my time. And what she gave did the opposite, makes me double down

Remy who I was never a big fan of proved herself and did this perfectly with Shether, not because its at Nicki, but because she went HARD and did something like this without Joe who it seemed like she couldnt do much without. So its deeper than it being about taking down Nicki in hip hop, its about how she came correct & Nicki didn't, im not a fan (BREAKING NEWS), BUT even I know she's done better, and I find how lazy her response was & how she handled every bit of it disrespectful to the hip hop culture of this.

Yea we have opinions we strongly disagree on and are ones we agree on

All thats fine and comes down to preference, as much as I love hip hop, im picky with most and she just doesnt do it for me like it really diesbt feel genuine, it really comes off like pop is her goal, and the issue is instances like this. She boasts about being the queen off of her sales and pop success but when taken to task, when challenged by someone to show us that beyond being Ariana's bestie she can still show bar for bar thst she earned that title with her skill not just her sales.  Probably wouldnt believe me but thats the kind of thing thatd possibly strike a match that maybe shes worth my time. And what she gave did the opposite, makes me double down

Remy who I was never a big fan of proved herself and did this perfectly with Shether, not because its at Nicki, but because she went HARD and did something like this without Joe who it seemed like she couldnt do much without. So its deeper than it being about taking down Nicki in hip hop, its about how she came correct & Nicki didn't, im not a fan (BREAKING NEWS), BUT even I know she's done better, and I find how lazy her response was & how she handled every bit of it disrespectful to the hip hop culture of this.

Yes she's cocky but isn't cocky a strong hip hop characteristic? She backs it up with popularity.

Yes her rhymes aren't hardcore but neither is Drake's (albums pre-Views) and I'm not interested in her mix tapes but Nicki has a feminine take on Hip-Hop. She grew up in the 90s so Janet and Madonna were her favs alongside many other 90s artists. Can you imagine being able to rap yet have the influence of Janet Jackson. So what if she's pop. Her influences reflect her musical taste.

I get it 

Edited by KellyGame

Yes she's cocky but isn't cocky a strong hip hop characteristic? She backs it up with popularity.

Yes her rhymes aren't hardcore but neither is Drake's (albums pre-Views) and I'm not interested in her mix tapes but Nicki has a feminine take on Hip-Hop. She grew up in the 90s so Janet and Madonna were her favs alongside many other 90s artists. Can you imagine being able to rap yet have the influence of Janet Jackson. So what if she's pop. Her influences reflect her musical taste.

I get it 

I tollerate cocky in hip hop when I feel & see its backed up by skill and reputation, and a mutual respect to & from hip hop. Backing it up through numbers and pop success doesnt compare.

True, but Drakes shown he can go hardcore & low brow if he was challenged, and I honestly did not think he could, and because he did so well I didn't completely count Nicki out of surprising me either, the evidence of thar was I didnt go public with my opinion on this subject until it was days with no response, so thats also why I'm so ham on the subject, its just the damndest thing when I give a artist I dont like a chance to prove my criticism wrong and they prove it right, it amuses me but also disappoints me. I honestly wouldve been harsh on Drake too if he handled his challenge with Meek like this too. And yea I get the pop influences, many rappers had pop idols, and in their own ways it played in their music, but again its a priority thing Im critical of.

Right on time, not about sales but its all pop artists know, pluw past albums numbers  always go up after deaths. Not saving her from the L

Remy's career has been dead on arrival so why hasn't any of her numbers gone up? Y'all stuck in the past. Let me put it like this. Remy was out before Nicki wasn't she? Why wasn't she selling like the other girls? Why wasn't she on top like Kim, Foxy, Queen Latifah, or anyone else. For fucks say Khia's ugly ratchet ass even had her album go Gold :lmao: but yet Remy still sits uncertified and she's been in the industry or over a decade. In fact when Remy released her first album Nicki was still releasing mix tapes and hadn't blown up yet. Remy had plenty of time to reach that pinnacle that Nicki is on but she was never good enough. Nicki's mixtapes got her more attention than Remy having Big Pun and the Terror Squad to help get her to a bigger status. That ain't Nicki fault. Then Nicki didn't release anything for 2 years and Remy still couldn't do anything. You say Nicki sells cause she's pop but Kim, Foxy, and Queen sold with their street/hood rap. Why can't Remy? Oh it's cause she just ain't good enough and never will be. 

Remy's career has been dead on arrival so why hasn't any of her numbers gone up? Y'all stuck in the past. Let me put it like this. Remy was out before Nicki wasn't she? Why wasn't she selling like the other girls? Why wasn't she on top like Kim, Foxy, Queen Latifah, or anyone else. For fucks say Khia's ugly ratchet ass even had her album go Gold :lmao: but yet Remy still sits uncertified and she's been in the industry or over a decade. In fact when Remy released her first album Nicki was still releasing mix tapes and hadn't blown up yet. Remy had plenty of time to reach that pinnacle that Nicki is on but she was never good enough. Nicki's mixtapes got her more attention than Remy having Big Pun and the Terror Squad to help get her to a bigger status. That ain't Nicki fault. Then Nicki didn't release anything for 2 years and Remy still couldn't do anything. You say Nicki sells cause she's pop but Kim, Foxy, and Queen sold with their street/hood rap. Why can't Remy? Oh it's cause she just ain't good enough and never will be. 

:lmao: HOW do you keep failing this so hard. Remy never tried to be the Kidz Bop pop girl Nicki is, if it was important to her she wouldve tried it in her prime, as for all the others with the sells talk you Barbz are obsessed with, she speant more than half her caeer in jail, and has never fully commercialized herself as a solo artist, she rarely promotes her shit outside of hip hop radio and interviews, shes speant her time building her reputation among hip hop crowds which shows where her loyalties rest. Vs. Nicki who's priority is sells, not quality. The fact that you think Remy cares about being a pop princess like Nicki or that she feels a certain way because of numbers says you dont know what you're talking about on this subject. If Nicki is so much better, why did she so easily get obliterated by someone you think is so awful, THAT says everything that money and sales and pop hits dont. :lmao:

Image result for mic drop gif

You make this so easy, like youve made no attempts to counter with anything not related to Nicki's success. :lmao:

Related image

Edited by jarrylf

No lie, I'm mad at everyone that's trying to discredit Remy Ma and act like she didn't annihilate Nicki. I can't with y'all. Agree to disagree, but Nicki lost this and you all need to accept it. My last response to this topic, thanks.

• Upvote 2

No lie, I'm mad at everyone that's trying to discredit Remy Ma and act like she didn't annihilate Nicki. I can't with y'all. Agree to disagree, but Nicki lost this and you all need to accept it. My last response to this topic, thanks.

Yes. We established on page 1 that Nicki lost a rap battle but Remy is literally the bottom of a barrel and cannot touch Nicki Minaj's legacy and international crossover appeal

One is rich and famous... the other is a rapper from New York

Edited by KellyGame
  • Downvote 1

THE ONLY PEOPLE MAD @ REM ON EMPIRE IS THE BARBZ :lmao: TOO FUNNY, its not taking a "L" cause you personally dont like it, its taking a L when the world hates it like Nickis latest releases. Yall Kidz Bop Fans are funny. People loved her song & performance across, but yall mad, don't even have a understanding of the  phrase "taking a L" is :lmao:

Its just the Barbz that dont know how hip hop works. Its really funny, hell even the Daily Show took the time to drag her for sheither. Buy in the mind of Kidz Bop fans, if its not pop success it dont make sense. Their fave is humiliated for the world to see in a way actual rappers dont stand for, & they can't deal.:lmao:

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nicki can take the L and will still be more successful, her career is already solidified. Remy better get her comeback together, because it's gonna take more than a little diss track on soundcloud to get on top.

As for Pop Music vs Rap and blah blah blah... music is only going to get more and more meshed together and experimental in the future so either get with it or stay home in your little music bubbles. I understand that some of us get older and our tastes become stuck, but please move over so that real music listeners can keep exploring.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1