May 12th through 18th: #JANETweek

wayneashleymusic

Howdy everyone!  

As we all know, Janet's birthday is coming up on May 16th, and I was trying to think of some ways to celebrate.  The tracking week for the Billboard albums and singles charts has moved recently from Friday to Thursday, and now those charts incorporate (rather heavily if you ask me) streaming data to make their chart determinations.  

So what I'm proposing is this... from Friday, May 12th through Thursday, May 18th, we can all up our Janet streaming, post birthday message videos and memes, and even buy some of her albums.  I plan to complete my collection of Janet's albums that week by going out and buying the physical CDs that I don't already own.  

Whether we have any news by then about resuming Unbreakable, a new tour or new music, it can still be a great way to celebrate Janet and help her work get represented on the charts.  

What do y'all think?  

• Upvote 2

That's the hope.  But in the meantime, I think an organized social media push like #JANETweek can't hurt the matter.  

It's pretty cool to see younger folks that are slowly discovering how epic Janet Jackson is.  If you were born in the 90s, you missed out on the time that Janet was the brightest star in pop music.  I first really connected to Janet during the Velvet Rope era.  As a 15 year old kid, that album was unlike anything I had ever experienced.  So #JANETweek is an excuse to help lead more people to her illustrious catalog (and hopefully some Rock Hall voters, too).  

• Upvote 1

That's the hope.  But in the meantime, I think an organized social media push like #JANETweek can't hurt the matter.  

It's pretty cool to see younger folks that are slowly discovering how epic Janet Jackson is.  If you were born in the 90s, you missed out on the time that Janet was the brightest star in pop music.  I first really connected to Janet during the Velvet Rope era.  As a 15 year old kid, that album was unlike anything I had ever experienced.  So #JANETweek is an excuse to help lead more people to her illustrious catalog (and hopefully some Rock Hall voters, too).  

I disagree, I was born in 91, and I always remember Janet being a huge star, especially during All for You, Doesn't Really Matter, The Nutty Professor 2, The HBO Special, and the MTV Icon!

she was everywhere 

• Upvote 2