"JUSTICE LEAGUE" trailer.... woooow!!

Dal

Its all dark and overcast and everything looks like its in front of a green screen.

I expect some Suicide Squad, Batman vs Superman disappointment.  It will make money like they did but I don't expect it to be good.

I just wanna see Barry :shifty:  the actor in real life says he's "queer"

I just wanna see Barry :shifty:  the actor in real life says he's "queer"

Yeah Ezra is gay, but I am not convinced at how hes playing Barry personally from the trailers.  It may be a script/direction thing.  But, to me they keep changing up the personalities of their characters.  The same way Batman vs Superman was ruined by Eisenberg's Riddler like performance of Lex.

Ezra seems to be playing Barry a little too needy loner, "I need friends".

Aquaman looks cool and looks like he will get some good exposure but even he is grumpy looking and gloomy.

At least the Wonder Woman standalone film seems to break out of the doom and gloomy 'overcast' scenery at some points.  At least in the paradise island trailers and there seems to be some genuine lightness and humor at points.

Yeah Ezra is gay, but I am not convinced at how hes playing Barry personally from the trailers.  It may be a script/direction thing.  But, to me they keep changing up the personalities of their characters.  The same way Batman vs Superman was ruined by Eisenberg's Riddler like performance of Lex.

Ezra seems to be playing Barry a little too needy loner, "I need friends".

Aquaman looks cool and looks like he will get some good exposure but even he is grumpy looking and gloomy.

At least the Wonder Woman standalone film seems to break out of the doom and gloomy 'overcast' scenery at some points.  At least in the paradise island trailers and there seems to be some genuine lightness and humor at points.

I noticed they took that whole "I need friends" part out of the new trailer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sad Zack Snyder is stepping down and Josh Whedon is taking over the film now since Zack and his wife lost their daughter.

Zack Snyder is stepping down from directing Justice League, EW has confirmed.

Snyder and his wife Deborah, also a producer on the film, are taking time away to deal with a family tragedy. In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Snyder revealed that his 20-year-old daughter, Autumn, died by suicide in March.

The movie, which is set to debut on Nov. 17, 2017, went on a two-week hiatus in the aftermath of the tragedy. Snyder then flew to London to film some reshoots scripted by Joss Whedon, who is also helming Batgirl for Warner Bros. (The two had been collaborating for the past months on fixes to the upcoming tentpole movie.)

Snyder said he found returning to work untenable and has asked Whedon to come aboard to oversee the rest of the film.

“In my mind, I thought it was a cathartic thing to go back to work, to just bury myself and see if that was way through it,” Snyder told THR. “The demands of this job are pretty intense. It is all-consuming. And in the last two months, I’ve come to the realization …I’ve decided to take a step back from the movie to be with my family, be with my kids, who really need me. They are all having a hard time. I’m having a hard time.”

Warner Bros., which initially suggested pushing back the release date, was amenable to Whedon finishing the film. The additional photography will begin shortly at Leavesden Studios outside London.

• 2 weeks later...

Justice League Reportedly Begins ‘Significant’ Reshoots

Justice League is undergoing some changes. According to a report from Batman-on-Film.com, the upcoming movie is filming “significant” reshoots in London. The reshoots are expected to run through June and July, and possibly into August. As such, they have been described as “not your ‘standard’ pick-ups.”

Further, the report indicates that Justice League‘s main cast has reunited to film these reshoots. Batman v Superman star Henry Cavill, who plays Superman, seemed to lend credence to this report when he recently shared a photo of himself in costume in what appears to be his trailer on set

Good gives Joss more time to tighten the movie up. 

• Upvote 1

I don't wanna put the cart in front of the horse (so you know I'm bouta do just that), buuut I can't picture them totally screwing up Justice League this time around... I mean, I didn't mind the issues with BvS that much (especially the R-rated "Ultimate" edition), but there's no question it was really divisive among audiences.. but after cutting too much out of the theatrical BvS version, and then screwing up the re-write/shoots of Suicide Squad, AND after this amazing movie they made called Wonder Woman...I just can't picture them fucking up on JL the way they did on BvS and SS (though I still really like those movies)!

Now that they have a bonafide superstar with Wonder Woman that everyone loves (the character and Gal Gadot), and they'll have Flash and Aquaman (the latter of which appears to be the standout scene stealer already) to add more like-ability to these characters and their stories, I think they're going to kill it this time around..

and the fact that's Geoff Johns is there now and WW was the first real idea we get as the type of films they'll be churning out now that he's heading the entire DCEU (he didn't have any input into BvS or SS) PLUS Joss Whedon taking over JL, this success hopefully continues.. can't wait til November!

• 1 month later...

Justice League’ Extensive Reshoots Causing Headaches for Star Schedules (EXCLUSIVE)

Warner Bros. and DC are spending big money to ensure that “Justice League” builds on the creative success of “Wonder Woman” instead of serving up a “Suicide Squad”-style disappointment.

The studio, which had no comment on the scheduling trouble, is spending approximately $25 million on extensive reshoots that have dragged on for roughly two months in London and Los Angeles, according to multiple insiders. Like “The Avengers,” “Justice League” centers on a group of superheroes who band together to save the world. The ensemble nature of the comic book movie, and the fact that its cast includes several of the most in-demand actors working in Hollywood today, is creating scheduling headaches that have prolonged the shooting.

It’s standard for big Hollywood movies to schedule a few weeks of pick-up work, but the cost and time allotted to the work on “Justice League” is raising some eyebrows. Reshoots, or additional photography, to use the preferred studio nomenclature, traditionally cost between $6 million and $10 million, and rarely have to juggle so many competing schedules. They typically last a week or two.

Though stars like Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot, who play Batman and Wonder Woman, aren’t working on any other projects at the moment, enabling them to be on call for the filming, other cast members such as Ezra Miller and Henry Cavill have been scrambling to accommodate the additional photography.

Miller is reprising his “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” role in the film’s sequel, which started filming earlier this summer. Sources indicate that since that is also a Warner Bros. property, scheduling has been easier. The studio has gone out of its way to make him available, but his growing role in the world of wizarding series has made it difficult for him to suit up as the Flash on the same days that other co-stars are available.

Cavill’s issues are even more thorny. “Justice League’s” Man of Steel had expected to be able to finish shooting the sixth “Mission: Impossible” film before needing to don Superman’s spandex again. That has not been the case, however, as the new scenes that are being shot have required him to jump back and forth from each production. Because of this, a mustache he grew for his character in the “Mission: Impossible” sequel will have to be digitally removed in post-production. Paramount, which is distributing the “Mission: Impossible” sequel, would not allow Cavill to shave the facial hair while production was taking place.

Then there is the question of crediting. Joss Whedon has now spent months overseeing the project, but he will not receive a co-directing credit, according to an insider. Whedon stepped in to handle the reshoots and finish the film this spring after director Zack Snyder publicly excused himself from the project, following his daughter’s suicide in March. Whedon won’t just be rewarded with a fat paycheck. He may also get a producing credit or a screenplay credit. There’s some precedent. Tony Gilroy, who stepped in for director Gareth Edwards to oversee reshoots for “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” earned a screenwriting credit.

A similar problem exists for the Han Solo spinoff film. Last month, Disney and Lucasfilm fired directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller and replaced them with Ron Howard. It’s unclear if Howard will receive sole credit for shooting the film or will share it with his two predecessors.

Sources say “Justice League” reshoots have been used to punch up the dialogue. Whedon, the director of “The Avengers,” is well respected for his ability to create memorably wry exchanges between his characters. The set pieces Snyder shot are said to be usable, but Whedon has been working on “connective tissue” that was needed to link sequences.

“Justice League” is spending the kind of time and money on reshoots that mid-budget films would have to shoot an entire movie. However, this is no longer an anomaly. Major studio movies have become so complicated and expensive, and are often key parts in sprawling franchises, that companies will spend lavishly, even late in the production, to ensure that audiences come out in force. “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” and “World War Z” both had extensive reshoots, and went on to be commercially and critically successful. “Suicide Squad,” another DC film, also did a lot of extra filming with mixed results. The movie was a box office hit, but critics savaged the picture. Going forward, Warner Bros. has changed its greenlighting process. It will now factor weeks and millions of dollars of additional photography into the production budgets of its major comic book films, according to insiders. Other studios have made similar accommodations on their big-budget films.

The reports of re-shoots have alarmed some fans of the DC franchise. At San Diego Comic-Con last weekend, where sneak footage of the film earned a rock concert reception, the “Justice League” cast used its Hall H panel to downplay the extent of the additional photography.

“They’re brief if anything,” said Ray Fisher, who plays Cyborg. “Zack picked a great director to help clean up for us.”

Variety 

Idgaf about any reshoots.. let Joss do what he does, he's a talented director and writer (which is what he was originally brought onboard for) and the footage speaks for itself, the movie looks EPIC!

Idgaf about any reshoots.. let Joss do what he does, he's a talented director and writer (which is what he was originally brought onboard for) and the footage speaks for itself, the movie looks EPIC!

I love Joss he's immeasurably talented. I just found the scale of reshoots to be interesting personally.  Just confirming the extent and cost.  Its a massive addition some movies cost less than these reshoots so far.  And Wonder Woman confirmed to get a bigger role due to the success of the solo movie is actually smart.  She was the best thing about BVS too.

• Upvote 1

I love Joss he's immeasurably talented. I just found the scale of reshoots to be interesting personally.  Just confirming the extent and cost.  Its a massive addition some movies cost less than these reshoots so far.  And Wonder Woman confirmed to get a bigger role due to the success of the solo movie is actually smart.  She was the best thing about BVS too.

agreed! WW (and Batman) were the best things about BvS... 

• 3 months later...

Box Office: ‘Justice League’ Heading for Disappointing $95 Million Opening

Warner Bros.-DC’s “Justice League” is heading for a disappointing opening weekend of about $95 million at 4,051 North American locations, early estimates showed on Friday.

The first Friday estimates for “Justice League” are well under the studio’s recent guidance, which had been in the $110 million range. Should it come in at the top of current estimates, “Justice League” might finish the weekend in the same range as “The Fate of the Furious” — which launched in April to $98.7 million as the seventh-largest opening of the year.

The six films that have cracked the $100 million opening mark this year are Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast” at $174.8 million, Disney-Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” at $146.5 million, Warner-New Line’s “It” at $123.4 million, Disney-Marvel’s “Thor: Ragnarok” at $122.7 million, Sony-Marvel’s “Spider-Man: Homecoming” at $117 million, and Warner-DC’s “Wonder Woman” at $103.3 million. A total of 48 titles have topped $100 million in North America in their debut frames.

“Justice League” notched the fifth-biggest Thursday preview of 2017 with $13 million, following “Guardians 2,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Homecoming,” and “Ragnarok.” That figure was also $2 million more than “Wonder Woman’s” Thursday night number in June.

“Justice League” had been on track for an opening weekend of $110 million since late October. Stakes are high for Warner Bros., which hasn’t revealed the cost of “Justice League” — estimated to be as much as $300 million. The movie is the fifth installment of its DC Extended Universe, aimed at duplicating the success of Disney-Marvel’s interconnected franchises.

Gal Gadot stars as Wonder Woman along with Ben Affleck as Batman, Henry Cavill as Superman, Jason Momoa as Aquaman, Ezra Miller as the Flash, and Ray Fisher as Cyborg. Amy Adams, Amber Heard, Jeremy Irons, J.K. Simmons, and Willem Dafoe also appear. Zack Snyder began shooting “Justice League” in April of 2016, from a script by Chris Terrio. Joss Whedon — director of Disney-Marvel’s two “Avengers” movies — assumed directing duties following the tragic suicide of Snyder’s daughter in March.

Reviewers have not been impressed with “Justice League,” which carries a 39% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Its opening comes two weeks after Disney-Marvel’s “Thor: Ragnarok” debuted above forecasts with a $122.7 million opening weekend in what was the fourth-biggest launch of the year.

An early audience survey from comScore/Screen Engine’s PostTrak for “Justice League” showed that the film is connecting with moviegoers with a 69% “definite recommend” rating. Women over 25 gave the movie a whopping 93% positive score. According to the survey, 26% of moviegoers said they plan to buy the film on Blu-ray and 23% expressed a desire to see the pic again in theaters.

“Justice League” began launching in foreign markets on Wednesday and had taken in $27.3 million in its first two days at 23,000 international sites. It earned $16.4 million Friday in its first day in China.

“Justice League” follows up on the events in 2016’s “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” as Batman and Wonder Woman assemble a team to defeat the villain Steppenwolf, played by Ciaran Hinds.

Lionsgate is seeing impressive results from its counterprogrammer “Wonder.” Despite expectations for a $9 million launch, early estimates Friday showed that the film was over-performing and could finish in the $20 million to $25 million range at 3,096 locations. The drama, starring Jacob Tremblay as a fifth-grader with a facial deformity, took in $740,000 at more than 2,400 locations on Thursday night.

I don’t get the mixed reviews... the movie was so much fun! 

Yea the villain was basic and wannabe video game character, and some of the CGI was off..

but they got the important stuff right....the heroes!

every hero kills it in this movie.. each character gets their own introduction.. Batfleck continues to be the most “true to comic” batman on screen we’ve ever had, Aquaman wasn’t some 1-dimensional surfer guy that some thought he’d be (I’m excited to see his solo movie next year), cyborg was (surprisingly) fascinating, Superman’s “come back to life” scene was one of the best in the movie, the Flash was given the role of taking in the movie from the audience’s POV (“wow, the batcave!” “I’ve never done battle before” etc) and he was the funniest of the movie (most of his jokes land)...

and Wonder Woman was still a gem on screen.. I swear I got lowkey choked up during her intro scene because she basically stops a mass shooting from happening (not a spoiler) and the way she did it was so fucking awesome that it made me want a real WW for real life cuz of the shootings happening as of late.. plus she had a few emotional moments throughout the movie with each JL member and she lived up to her “all about love” motto..

my complaints are that the villain was basic, the CGI was off at times (not all the time tho!), and I wish it was 20 min longer (hoping for an extended Blu-ray release like BvS and Suicide Squad)..

I give it a B... highly recommended.. take your kids because it’s really very much a family film

• Upvote 1

I don’t get the mixed reviews... the movie was so much fun! 

Yea the villain was basic and wannabe video game character, and some of the CGI was off..

but they got the important stuff right....the heroes!

every hero kills it in this movie.. each character gets their own introduction.. Batfleck continues to be the most “true to comic” batman on screen we’ve ever had, Aquaman wasn’t some 1-dimensional surfer guy that some thought he’d be (I’m excited to see his solo movie next year), cyborg was (surprisingly) fascinating, Superman’s “come back to life” scene was one of the best in the movie, the Flash was given the role of taking in the movie from the audience’s POV (“wow, the batcave!” “I’ve never done battle before” etc) and he was the funniest of the movie (most of his jokes land)...

and Wonder Woman was still a gem on screen.. I swear I got lowkey choked up during her intro scene because she basically stops a mass shooting from happening (not a spoiler) and the way she did it was so fucking awesome that it made me want a real WW for real life cuz of the shootings happening as of late.. plus she had a few emotional moments throughout the movie with each JL member and she lived up to her “all about love” motto..

my complaints are that the villain was basic, the CGI was off at times (not all the time tho!), and I wish it was 20 min longer (hoping for an extended Blu-ray release like BvS and Suicide Squad)..

I give it a B... highly recommended.. take your kids because it’s really very much a family film

You just gave a spoiler! I'm not even reading the rest until I see the movie. Next time put "SPOILERS" before you start typing 

seriously_zps6oy5nx1a.jpg

You just gave a spoiler! I'm not even reading the rest until I see the movie. Next time put "SPOILERS" before you start typing 

seriously_zps6oy5nx1a.jpg

brooo that’s not a spoiler lol.. Henry Cavill has been doing press rounds promoting the movie and Clark Kent is in the trailer! It would be a spoiler if I told you HOW he comes back.....believe me spoilers are a pet peeve of mine and I made sure to not include anything plot specific that wasn’t previously known by the general public.. even in BvS the last 2 seconds already hinted his return ..regardless... go see it and report back ur thoughts.. much better than BvS and Suicide Squad