Janet's Best Dance Breaks

feehgarcia

A few days ago I stumbled over a random facebook group where people where bitching about who (Britney, Beyoncé, Xtina...) has the best dance breaks... Of course I couldn't keep my mouth shut :P

There are some of my favorite Janet dance breaks! What are yours?

Edited by feehgarcia

• 3 weeks later...

I must say that more needs to be said about "You." The routine she did for that song on the VR tour is definitely one of her best-- in fact, I'd put it somewhere in top 10 at least. The dancers dressed up with masks on both sides of their heads was quite the clever idea from Tina, Janet and co. The costumes, along with the routine, really highlight the song's themes and atmosphere.

... And don't even get me started on that breakdown... It's a shame the song wasn't a bigger hit. I understand that it was important to promote the tour with a video, but "You" really deserved something more creative, I think.

• Upvote 1

I love the IF breakdown, but I gotta say, besides the dope arm "shuffle" part when it begins, that routine hasn't aged all that great imo.. I mean it goes with the beat/music perfectly (which is enough reason to keep it as is), but it would be cool if it could be updated somewhat (but leaving the arm part).. just my 2 baby Janets/Pennys/cents..