Janet has separated from Wissam.

bu.

I have a hard time believing that after suffering physical and emotional abuse from James, foolishness and betrayal from Rene and whatever the hell Mauldin did to cause their relationship to end that, Janet would really deal with a husband that was controlling. All before Janet was young and broken and not used to dating but when she got with Wissam she was grown AF and healed from all the hurt in her past. It just doesn't make sense to me that after going through all of that growth, she would find her self back in the same type of unhealthy relationship. So, if that was the case; if he was "controlling," then maybe he did just become controlling throughout her pregnancy and into the beginning of little E's life. Otherwise, I don't believe it. At all.

Granted, we are creatures of habit. And we seek what we're used to because its comfortable, but no. She's too self aware for that shit. I just don't see it. 

• Upvote 1

I have a hard time believing that after suffering physical and emotional abuse from James, foolishness and betrayal from Rene and whatever the hell Mauldin did to cause their relationship to end that, Janet would really deal with a husband that was controlling. All before Janet was young and broken and not used to dating but when she got with Wissam she was grown AF and healed from all the hurt in her past. It just doesn't make sense to me that after going through all of that growth, she would find her self back in the same type of unhealthy relationship. So, if that was the case; if he was "controlling," then maybe he did just become controlling throughout her pregnancy and into the beginning of little E's life. Otherwise, I don't believe it. At all.

Granted, we are creatures of habit. And we seek what we're used to because its comfortable, but no. She's too self aware for that shit. I just don't see it. 

Never heard James physically abused her...

look Janet from what we can tell is submissive in some ways, its funny Im saying this but back when she did NYC Gay Pride in 2004-5 she yelled out "where my bottoms at? Im a bottom too" :lol: Janet probably wanted a man around to handle things she even said in an interview that she was thankful for him being "the man he is" and she emphasized man. Do I think it was clear from the beginning of their relationship? No and maybe it wasn't there at first, romance has a way of turning into something else, relationships can flower and grow, or wither away. You just never know what is going to occur until it does.

Can you blame a woman for wanting to be taken care of for once and not being the one with more? She hadnt been with a man that had more security than she had.

Edited by Bailey.

that's actually what makes it believable. She was in a vulnerable place when they started dating and she has always had issues with image and self confidence regardless of the growth. That's why I always felt the covering up thing was dangerous. A woman with body image issues and you cover her and not exalt her.  Women in mentally and physically abusive relationships are no different than addicts. They have a dependency and they always go back. 

• Upvote 2

Ok. we dont know whats going on or what went down. And its really none of our business either (lutfa). BUT I will say this... I understand where she was coming from with wanting a stable and private life etc. But to me she didn't seem like herself in this relationship. yea yea part of her is submissive etc but she is also a very strong, outspoken and bubbly person (at least in public). and to me it seemed odd that all of a sudden she was covering herself from head to toe and not speaking a word. i was happy that she was happy but i always hoped she had found happiness with someone more liberal and relaxed, and with someone she didnt have to change herself for...

Her being more covered didn't really bother me. I just hated those pants. I know a lot of fans were not happy about her not giving any interviews.  Which again didn't really bother me given how invasive the media can be.

Janet is a very strong woman no one can control her , she is doing as she want, lots of couple divorce after a baby... that's life... 

maybe its all fake maybe its true but what is sure is that she have not been controlled by a man... she too strong for that.

• Upvote 1

The point is... When Daily Mail was the only website talking about it, we had all reasons to call it a bullshit.
01. They gave too much explicit details that might not (not impossible, tho) be true.
02. That's the kind of tabloid that give the news first and ask later.

But a few hours after, when major outlets like YAHOO, The Huffington Post and People Magazine starting telling we started paying attention.
I saw a lot of fans bitching about "wait for her lips..." "all lies..." 

BITCH, People Magazine had exclusive news to share about the pregnancy, ABC News is not The Wendy Williams Show... They have a reputation, an editor and journalists behind it. They checked the info with her reps before sharing it. 

Also, they wouldn't give away Janet's conection by sharing a rumor/lie. It's hard to make the woman talk, and if the websites she gives official reports started spreading rumors it oculd damage their relation!

This time the shitty tabloids were right and broke the news, then the serious outlets confirmed before started sharing too.

People must understand not every magazine or website is based on lies... Some of them acctually check information before coming out to the public!

And fans must also undersand Janet is a human being, just like us.
Relationships SUCKS sometimes... We don't know the reason and it's non of our business, but shit happens.

Maybe they weren't happy for awhile then she got pregnant... Or something happened during pregnancy. Anyway... It's not our business to judge.

I just can't wait for the true Janet to be back with a Velvet Rope/All For You vibe new record!

• Upvote 2

I find it sad that many of the fans are saying "great - now Janet can get back to walking around half naked and grinding men on stage" as if that's all she amounts to.

The speculation is frustrating but somewhat undesrandable. I hope they are splitting so she can tend to her mother. Nothing else is really making sense... I'm truly baffled and still hoping for more clarification other than shit like that negative Daily Mail

• Upvote 3

I find it sad that many of the fans are saying "great - now Janet can get back to walking around half naked and grinding men on stage" as if that's all she amounts to.

The speculation is frustrating but somewhat undesrandable. I hope they are splitting so she can tend to her mother. Nothing else is really making sense... I'm truly baffled and still hoping for more clarification other than shit like that negative Daily Mail

I think ABC News said there's some sort of official statement coming.
Let's wait.

Whatever it is, I sense there is more to it. I really hope it is not about being controlling, a fall out over the baby, or them not seeing eye to eye. I just feel like it's too much to be in the headlines for scandal when she so purposely & greatly avoids the headlines at all. I genuinely hope something official is coming out. I want her to have a successful relationship & not have repeated situations that seem to end in controversy or end at all. 

Her being a mother now, I deeply want her to have a GREAT relationship raising a child. I remember Jill Scott split very shortly after her son was born but they have a great relationship. 

Whatever it is, I sense there is more to it. I really hope it is not about being controlling, a fall out over the baby, or them not seeing eye to eye. I just feel like it's too much to be in the headlines for scandal when she so purposely & greatly avoids the headlines at all. I genuinely hope something official is coming out. I want her to have a successful relationship & not have repeated situations that seem to end in controversy or end at all. 

Her being a mother now, I deeply want her to have a GREAT relationship raising a child. I remember Jill Scott split very shortly after her son was born but they have a great relationship. 

And isn't the father of Jill's son Lil' John Janet's drummer? Whatever it was to make them split so shortly after Janet give birth it must have been huge and most likely ongoing. Here I was thinking everything was in order and great for Janet...and the whole time she was probably miserable. I hope she is okay and baby Eissa. I just saw new pics of Wissam over on E! 

you think that bc you were told to think that by the Great Depressed and the media

? 

no he probably thinks that because Janet moved all her shit out of his house and got her own place. That means I can't even stand to live in the same home as you. A lot of separated people still live in the same house. She moved. That says a lot

If someone from Wissam's camp spilled the beans I don't think they would have painted him as the uncaring controlling husband. 

the original story in the daily mail was very neutral, it was the story from page six written by stacy brown that added the controlling stuff and the stuff about katherine. the original story just said they decided it wasnt working, the baby would live with his mother in london and they will co-parent.

• Upvote 1

the original story in the daily mail was very neutral, it was the story from page six written by stacy brown that added the controlling stuff and the stuff about katherine. the original story just said they decided it wasnt working, the baby would live with his mother in london and they will co-parent.

That makes sense then. 

they have obviously been living apart for awhile considering the baby visited daddy at his house and janet is house hunting for her and her son. this didnt just happen over the weekend, it just got out to the press. now that i think about it gil never mentioned wissam during his live chats when he would talk about jan and eissa, also when those pics came out of janet shopping 3 weeks after giving birth one of those blogs said she was a single mother, of course nobody paid any attention to them. we actually dont know how long they have been seperated, it could have been before she gave birth.

they have obviously been living apart for awhile considering the baby visited daddy at his house and janet is house hunting for her and her son. this didnt just happen over the weekend, it just got out to the press. now that i think about it gil never mentioned wissam during his live chats when he would talk about jan and eissa, also when those pics came out of janet shopping 3 weeks after giving birth one of those blogs said she was a single mother, of course nobody paid any attention to them. we actually dont know how long they have been seperated, it could have been before she gave birth.

Wendy said that they split 3 months before the baby was born....which I don't believe. I wonder if they were already living apart before Katherine and the others came to visit. 

I can accept that they are not together,  but I'm definitely not here for this scammer/hustler talk. Is there any agreement in regards to their marriage out there?

they are basing this golddigger bs off that fake prenup story from back when they announced they were married. nobody knows whats in their prenup or if they even have one. wissam is a businessman, he would be a jackass to agree to pay 500 million regardless how long married.

they are also counting 5years and 2 months because she announced the marriage in february 2013, so they are assuming they got married in february 2012 smh.  

Edited by dlite

Sooooooo while I'm still waiting to see if anything from Janet surfaces - does this mean Lessons Learned could have been about Janet?

obviously it was about Janet.  I thought that was a given? Id presumed it was about her from the start 

• Upvote 1