Ticketmaster leaks "State of the World Tour"?? Janet's coming back?

bu.

No, if Janet wants to do a Vegas residency down the line, fine, but she needs to complete this tour. She's canceled too many times. US dates were postponed TWICE, now you all want her to just cancel altogether? It's been even worse for Europe. They didn't see her on the All For You Tour, Rockwitchu Tour and now you all want her to just ditch this tour to do some Vegas residency that may not even do well either? It isn't fair for fans who've been extremely loyal and patient with her the last 15 years. Janet's track record with fans this last decade has been tumultuous to say the least. The fact that she still has fans willing to support her after basically shitting on them for all these years says something. And returning the favor by basically canceling again and forcing fans to spend more money to travel and see you in one city is an awful idea and I can't believe there are fans here who would want that. Janet needs to stop being coddled and allowed to get away with putting tickets on sale and canceling without any repercussions.  You all can go to Vegas to see her if you want, won't be me. And I'm sure other fans feel the same way.

Thank you for providing some sense. :sigh:

• Upvote 2

I hear your frustrations but let's talk from a business angle. You are thinking from a fan angle. Janet might can go out to Europe & complete her half of the tour there but overall it's a numbers game. And all that frustration you're talking about is larger than the core amount of fans that will sell out an arena. 

Fans have to remember this is business & they are consumers. Janet is selling a product. She has UNINTENTIONALLY upset her market because of uncontrollable factors - or bad strategy. She 100% cannot relaunch the Unbreakable tour so it would have to be a different production that would take marketing money & branding money to resolidify her brand & make her TRUSTWORTHY to ticket buyers. 

Going to Vegas, she skips that. Vegas is designed for her to do well. Cher, is 70 years old & still selling out Vegas. Chris Brown, Big Sean, J.Lo, Backstreet Boys, Mariah, Britney's Spear are all in Vegas & do residencies there. People go there with the intent to see shows & spend money. Janet doesn't need to do all that work of rebranding & promotion because in Vegas it's already done for you. It's unfortunate that she has missed out on touch all over the world but IMO - it would be smarter to wait until she rebuilds her tour image & do that down the line. Not to mention, you skipped her most recent tour before Unbreakable - UCAP she not only fulfilled she increased the dates. 

For one, Janet is not guaranteed success in Vegas. Selling a 5,000 seat arena every other night is not that simple. Britney nor Mariah were able to do it and they're arguably more popular than Janet is right now. Secondly, you're saying she should skip finishing this tour internationally to re-build her brand in Vegas? Whatever success she has in Vegas won't have any bearing on her international audience. It's basically two different worlds. And what you're saying has already been done. Wasn't the point of UCAP to re-build her fan base to be able to do arenas? That was 6 years ago, now she has to re-build again? Why is that necessary? An artist of her caliber should not have to keep going to the drawing board like this, nor should she have such an inconsistent touring legacy. And it still isn't fair to fans. You're basically saying European fans can continue to wait until Janet gets it together. What makes you think they're going to want to still support after she re-brands herself after being taken for granted in such a way? You're saying I should think from a business angle, and I am. Continuing to ignore a part of the world you've only toured once in almost 20 years is not good business, no matter how you try to spin it.

slow yo roll I don't think Janet "shitted" on her fans, I think she went to live her life as anyone has a right to do. To be fair Janet has always done things for the fans, including prime seating so give a woman a break here

She's been given enough breaks. That's why she gets to do this, because you all let her. Have you paid attention to her career the last 15 years? Any other artist would be dragged after doing what she's done. Just a WEEK before she announced she was starting her family, she was sending out videos to the European countries she was looking forward to visiting. She knew long in advance she was planning a family, therefore, it was extremely poor the way she handled that. Now she deserves another break? No, she needs to fulfill her commitments. And once again, I have no problem with Janet living her life, but don't release an album and put tickets on sale, then decide you want to live your life. It doesn't work like that.

• Upvote 4

She's been given enough breaks. That's why she gets to do this, because you all let her. Have you paid attention to her career the last 15 years? Any other artist would be dragged after doing what she's done. Just a WEEK before she announced she was starting her family, she was sending out videos to the European countries she was looking forward to visiting. She knew long in advance she was planning a family, therefore, it was extremely poor the way she handled that. Now she deserves another break? No, she needs to fulfill her commitments. And once again, I have no problem with Janet living her life, but don't release an album and put tickets on sale, then decide you want to live your life. It doesn't work like that.

see this is what I think about because what you folks fail to comprehend is Janet has done so much already that if it comes down to this, which sounds an awful lot like an ultimatum Janet can easily say kiss the ring and deuces she gone.

• Upvote 1

see this is what I think about because what you folks fail to comprehend is Janet has done so much already that if it comes down to this, which sounds an awful lot like an ultimatum Janet can easily say kiss the ring and deuces she gone.

Yes, it is an ultimatum. Either fulfill your commitments or go away. But officially cancel and give people their money back before you go.

okay so how do we feel about an album that's now 2 years old? How will she pick up the tour and continue after the PR cancellations and the album is now out of most people's minds?

Frankly, Unbreakable flopped. The album was already out of people's minds months after release because she did nothing to keep it in people's minds. Therefore, no one will care about the accompanying album when the tour resumes. Janet is a legacy act, and most people don't go see her based on her new music. They go for the catalog, so Unbreakable can be 10 years old and people will still go because they aren't going to hear songs from that album to begin with. It's not our jobs to tell her how she should resume the tour. She is a veteran artist with a PR team, a poor one, but a team nonetheless. That's their job to figure out, logistically, how they should go about resuming the tour. Just resume it.

• Upvote 1

Frankly, Unbreakable flopped. The album was already out of people's minds months after release because she did nothing to keep it in people's minds. Therefore, no one will care about the accompanying album when the tour resumes. Janet is a legacy act, and most people don't go see her based on her new music. They go for the catalog, so Unbreakable can be 10 years old and people will still go because they aren't going to hear songs from that album to begin with. It's not our jobs to tell her how she should resume the tour. She is a veteran artist with a PR team, a poor one, but a team nonetheless. That's their job to figure out, logistically, how they should go about resuming the tour. Just resume it.

ok next question....does she resume the tour and it is basically the same tour with very little changed? And Im talking to Janet here, I don't mean you added a few songs to make it longer. <_< NEW LOOK, NEW SHOW, NEW TOUR

Wait...So you think they planned this split to get Janet's career back on track after having the baby!? 

They didn't plan to "split" I believe they are not "split" up at all. If they were, and didn't plan on getting a divorce, we wouldn't know about it just like we didn't know anything about her marriage & other things. 

Janet is the queen of secrecy. She's not divorced so there would not have been any public document of it. Right after they announce she's all out? Don't forget those pictures where she was out looking at flowers, and out walking around by herself. But they're making it like she couldn't leave the house. 

This was very purposeful. Now a potential tour leaks. Janet knows, "she's been listening", her last strategy of being out of the public eye - quiet & mysterious didn't work. She knows her fans wanted to see her & hear from her. So she has to become more engaging. I'm not buying it, if divorce is filed (which I hope not) then I'll retract my statements. 

• Upvote 1

Hmm 80-90 pop stars in the current Century who go to Vegas are has beens and/or puppets 

I just said Chris Brown, Big Sean, Future, J.Lo are doing rotating residencies out there. The has been concept is old & dead now. It's a new era. 

It's very old school to think only old acts are in Vegas. Vegas is becoming a commodity for quick money. 

For one, Janet is not guaranteed success in Vegas. Selling a 5,000 seat arena every other night is not that simple. Britney nor Mariah were able to do it and they're arguably more popular than Janet is right now. Secondly, you're saying she should skip finishing this tour internationally to re-build her brand in Vegas? Whatever success she has in Vegas won't have any bearing on her international audience. It's basically two different worlds. And what you're saying has already been done. Wasn't the point of UCAP to re-build her fan base to be able to do arenas? That was 6 years ago, now she has to re-build again? Why is that necessary? An artist of her caliber should not have to keep going to the drawing board like this, nor should she have such an inconsistent touring legacy. And it still isn't fair to fans. You're basically saying European fans can continue to wait until Janet gets it together. What makes you think they're going to want to still support after she re-brands herself after being taken for granted in such a way? You're saying I should think from a business angle, and I am. Continuing to ignore a part of the world you've only toured once in almost 20 years is not good business, no matter how you try to spin it.

Oh God this emotional response is draining. The point of rebranding is because people like yourself are so frustrated that the average persons are not buying tickets to make up for the expenses of coming out there. Being inconsistent whether purposefully or not costs. 

I'm not saying what's fair or just. I'm saying what's true. You do not owe Janet & she does not owe you. You're giving ultimatums and asking why she needs to go back to the drawing board? You sound like someone who is going into an arena after snapping on her to cheer her on - MOST people are not that invested. They would move on & think nothing of it. You being a die hard fan who cares enough to create an account on a fan forum is different from someone who knows her hit singles & gossip. 

Yes, Janet would be able to sell Vegas. I don't care how you slice it. People would go see her. I'm not saying fans can continue to wait - I'm saying most common "fans" don't give a shit enough to wait or insist. And the conversation about giving you your money back, feels weird to us who were able to get our money back right away because we bought from Ticketmaster or the promoters directly. 

• Upvote 1

well she agreed to everything he asked of her so he should agree. He knew who she was when he married her and when he donated his sperm. He needs to make the adjustments if he wants to see his child not her. 

that sounds nice but you still have a lot of fans who have held onto their tickets like she asked them to thinking they would see her in their city. Everyone  cant make it to Vegas so that would be more fan disappointment.  People are very forgiving and forgetful if you present your story well. if she gets the right team she can smooth this over in no time.

Meet and greets have to be in each venue with those VIP tickets. They need to try and do something for people who bought the album and purchased tickets with the code.  She has to do an interview in some form. Perform on TV and open up about issues with needing to please men before pleasing yourself. A lot of women would feel her on that. It's real. 

Maybe if she sells some point of the story she can get some sympathy buys. But some fans can't make it to Vegas & im going to say this & I mean no disrespect to fans but the truth is - the people doing the business wants return more than they want fan satisfaction. 

Some fans travel states to see her. Those fans will make it & see multiple shows. Then some new ppl who never saw her or wouldn't have bought a ticket will buy one because they're in Vegas & she's performing. Plus they get to see a Jackson. 

Now if she just drops a world tour after just having a son & GOD forbid something as normal as a cold or sick child happens - which is it easier to "cancel/postpone" a world tour? Or a residency? The residency can have a doctor there in the hotel & she performs the next day twice or later that night but a world tour you get that venue at availability. Ijs - for her life & brand right now a residency makes the most sense. 

They didn't plan to "split" I believe they are not "split" up at all. If they were, and didn't plan on getting a divorce, we wouldn't know about it just like we didn't know anything about her marriage & other things. 

Janet is the queen of secrecy. She's not divorced so there would not have been any public document of it. Right after they announce she's all out? Don't forget those pictures where she was out looking at flowers, and out walking around by herself. But they're making it like she couldn't leave the house. 

This was very purposeful. Now a potential tour leaks. Janet knows, "she's been listening", her last strategy of being out of the public eye - quiet & mysterious didn't work. She knows her fans wanted to see her & hear from her. So she has to become more engaging. I'm not buying it, if divorce is filed (which I hope not) then I'll retract my statements. 

WAIT....so you are saying the whole thing is publicity? I could think of a dozen other ways to make headlines than to announce a separation

• Upvote 1

I just said Chris Brown, Big Sean, Future, J.Lo are doing rotating residencies out there. The has been concept is old & dead now. It's a new era. 

It's very old school to think only old acts are in Vegas. Vegas is becoming a commodity for quick money. 

Honestly, it'll look bad if it comes off like she's only doing it to pay bills. I think it can be a game changer if she's trying make a statement. I rather her not do it if she really doesn't want to.

Edited by Illi

WAIT....so you are saying the whole thing is publicity? I could think of a dozen other ways to make headlines than to announce a separation

whether we agree or disagree that's my belief about all of this. I can think of a dozen ways Janet could have done a lot of things differently and better but she chose other means. 

Honestly, it'll look bad if it comes off like she's only doing it to pay bills. I think it can be a game changer if she's trying make a statement. I rather her not do it if she really doesn't want to.

I'm not saying that would be her motive but she like J.Lo doesn't have to tour or make music ever again and she would be good. Quick money doesn't mean pay bills.

I'm not saying that would be her motive but she like J.Lo doesn't have to tour or make music ever again and she would be good. Quick money doesn't mean pay bills.

JLo can't tour and settled for Vegas 

Celine did a Vegas residency. So did J. Lo. 

Neither were touring artists in their prime (Celine was successful in Canada & Europe but mostly in theaters) 

Want to try again or nah?

Edited by KellyGame