• Announcements

• Planet Janet Rules   07/07/2015

General Rules for Planet Janet Welcome to Planet Janet! The main objective of this board is to express your love for Janet, your opinions, and to interact with an important segment of the Janet fandom.  To enjoy your experience here, below are general rules and guidelines to make your experience here be successful: The N Word Please be aware that the N word is going to be filtered on this forum. Most importantly, this word is not acceptable on this forum in any form; therefore, if it is used again by ANY member on here, it will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Consider this the first, only, and last warning regarding this. Music Download | Copyright Infringement Illegal download links to music from any artist are not permissible to be posted on this forum at any time. If you have posted an illegal download link, you must take it down immediately. Failure to remove the links, and/or subsequent, repeated offenses will result in disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban from the forum. Fan Threads of Other Artists Generally, we like to keep threads and/or topics about other artists within an Official Artist Thread.  This helps to eliminate clutter and redundancy throughout the forum and allow a one-stop shop to view comments on that particular artist not pertaining to Janet.  If there is HUGE news related to an artist and generates a lot of discussion, it is okay to have a standalone thread on that topic outside of the Official Thread. A good debate is OKAY in the Official Threads of other artists.  Official Threads are not complete sanctuaries of devotion of that particular artist; however, there is a need to be civil with other members.  Please refrain from personal attacks and arguments that devolve into personal attacks. Additionally, do NOT use Janet as means to defend an artist.  This forum is made in her honor, and putting her down to boast your particular artist is prohibited. Exercise good judgment and common sense.  If not, then the moderating team will exercise disciplinary action depending on the egregiousness of the action.  Please utilize this announcement as a first warning. Personal Attacks

Each member has a warning percentage - most of them are at zero right now but a few have been warned before. Each warning is worth 10%, and once it gets to 100% the member is automatically banned from the forum. 

Each time a member gets into an argument with another member that includes personal attacks, if it is reported or viewed by a member of the moderating team, each participant in the personal attack will get an increase in their warning percentage.  They will be notified via PM, and, prior to posting again, will receive a receipt acknowledging that warning before they can post again. The Moderating Team will never divulge a member's warn percentages on the forum or to other members.

What this means is you are now responsible for your own future on this forum. The Moderating Team will not keep asking you to stop and being ignored. Learn to let things go and learn to moderate yourself before posting; if you end up banned it will be your own fault. Personal attacks and include attacks on one’s race, age, religious creed, color, gender, national origin, physical, mental or visual disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital and military status, pregnancy or sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and general physical appearance/looks. Depending on the nature of the personal attack there will be corrective action up and including permanent banning. If you have any inquiries about your warning percentage, feel free to PM a mod for an answer. If you need any clarification on the rules, feel free to reach out to The Moderating Team.

First pic of Eissa

147 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Y'all do remember Janet before Wissam right? When she was ducking paps, going through back doors to avoid crowds, never using social media, disappearing from public eye...

It feels like, JD made y'all think Janet loved the spotlight. She has NEVER been a very public person. This is strictly playing into the fact that so many "fans" were frustrated with her privacy & wanting to hear from her. 

TELL EM... one thing good that came from 2004-2008 was Janet's approach to new media.. and that's about it

Who JD? :unsure: 

People online already commenting about the baby's "light skin", just shows a lot of folks are deeply cynical with Janet, even in a moment of such joy.

:lmao: This baby is half Arabic, half Black... 4 months old. Of fucking course he's lightskin

Posted · Report post

Hmmm, J is stepping out of the shadows a lil bit since the split.  It's making me wonder if perhaps there were some "rules" she had to follow before that she has now escaped.   

Posted · Report post

Y'all do remember Janet before Wissam right? When she was ducking paps, going through back doors to avoid crowds, never using social media, disappearing from public eye...

It feels like, JD made y'all think Janet loved the spotlight. She has NEVER been a very public person. This is strictly playing into the fact that so many "fans" were frustrated with her privacy & wanting to hear from her. 

Agree, though for Janet, her "openness" is graded on a scale, obviously. I remember her being more active on social media, for example, before marrying Wissam.

Posted · Report post

Agree, though for Janet, her "openness" is graded on a scale, obviously. I remember her being more active on social media, for example, before marrying Wissam.

Tell me which website she was active on before Wissam, not including JD's vlog?

Posted · Report post

People online already commenting about the baby's "light skin", just shows a lot of folks are deeply cynical with Janet, even in a moment of such joy.

yeah a Mexican guy on my FB page asked why is the baby's skin white? I said because that's the color most biracial babies are born with. Damn give the child some time smh

Posted · Report post

Tell me which website she was active on before Wissam, not including JD's vlog?

She tweeted more regularly in the past

Posted · Report post

She tweeted more regularly in the past

Never. Literally, never. Her Twitter was nearly nonexistent before Unbreakable. She used twitter ONLY to post promo UNICEF stuff, charity stuff, music sometimes. 

She has never regularly or even seasonally used twitter. I know because I didn't really follow her because it was so quiet. 

Posted · Report post

she was never that closed up during an active tour. Taking pictures of the back of her head and wrists. Dodging old friends backstage. That was all new she was always private when she was doing private things but not while touring 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Never. Literally, never. Her Twitter was nearly nonexistent before Unbreakable. She used twitter ONLY to post promo UNICEF stuff, charity stuff, music sometimes. 

She has never regularly or even seasonally used twitter. I know because I didn't really follow her because it was so quiet. 

It was not "nearly nonexistent" before Unbreakable.. Prior to '13, she was more regularly tweeting to #janfam, after which it became even more inactive, with long stretches (many months even) in between tweets, moreso lately. Obviously the Unbreakable era saw her dial up the tweets/instagram,etc for promo -- Anyway, I don't see the point of arguing this, which is besides the point.

Edited by Blackwings

Posted · Report post

It was not "nearly nonexistent" before Unbreakable.. Prior to '13, she was more regularly tweeting to #janfam, after which it became even more inactive, with long stretches (many months even) in between tweets, moreso lately. Obviously the Unbreakable era saw her dial up the tweets/instagram,etc for promo -- Anyway, I don't see the point of arguing this, which is besides the point.

the great thing about Twitter is you can google and find this out. She was always nearly non-existent on Twitter. I'm sure any other fan can vouch. 

Posted · Report post

she was never that closed up during an active tour. Taking pictures of the back of her head and wrists. Dodging old friends backstage. That was all new she was always private when she was doing private things but not while touring 

She was trying something new. It didn't work. Now she's trying something new. Hopefully it works. Giving us that message from the studio & not being seen. She was trying to live in mystique & instead of doing it right...it kinda didn't help her. 

It has nothing to do with Wissam - she dated him during UCAP. 

Posted · Report post

They making things up again? 

Posted · Report post

She was trying something new. It didn't work. Now she's trying something new. Hopefully it works. Giving us that message from the studio & not being seen. She was trying to live in mystique & instead of doing it right...it kinda didn't help her. 

It has nothing to do with Wissam - she dated him during UCAP. 

lol whatever you say. To try something new you actually have to be doing something. She wasn't doing anything. She dated him during UCAP she wasn't his wife.  Thats how most hardliners in that culture are. Women aren't to be seen and she wasn't. Now she's free

the great thing about Twitter is you can google and find this out. She was always nearly non-existent on Twitter. I'm sure any other fan can vouch. 

http://www.tweetstats.com/graphs/janetjackson

Check it out. Granted, it's all relative -- Big dip in 13-15, big spike for duration of Unbreakable era, and a huge dip.. Don't know why you feel so differently.

Edited by Blackwings

Posted · Report post

He's beautiful

Posted · Report post

right. Nearly nonexistent 

Your profile pic is fitting.

Your profile pic is fitting.

I'm looking at the graph: 

- She released her #1s album Nov. 2010 (57 tweets that month) and it had a steady run for the duration of the tour (December 2011 with 40 tweets that month). 

- Then comes a dry spell.. between January 2012 & June 2015, she was tweeting at less than 10 tweets a month (excluding her birthday month which were on a decline as the years went by (33, 13, 5)

Then in June 2015, she tweeted 42x and stayed consistent until June '16

Then the dry spell 

aka non-existent unless promoting a product

Edited by KellyGame

Posted · Report post

I'm looking at the graph: 

- She released her #1s album Nov. 2010 (57 tweets that month) and it had a steady run for the duration of the tour (December 2011 with 40 tweets that month). 

- Then comes a dry spell.. between January 2012 & June 2015, she was tweeting at less than 10 tweets a month (excluding her birthday month which were on a decline as the years went by (33, 13, 5)

Then in June 2015, she tweeted 42x and stayed consistent until June '16

Then the dry spell 

aka non-existent unless promoting a product

As I said, it's relative -- on avg: 10 tweets/month at minimum. During eras there's heightened activity, then the average dipped below 10 tweets/month in Summer 2012 (Grannygate?) in 2013 and 2014 there was a huge dip, heightening upon May '15 (Unbreakable Era announcement) and tapering off to nada shortly after the era was paused. Janet became less active upon 2012, etc. with far longer periods of inactivity between tweets even compared to previous years in-between/preceeding eras.  Don't know why that's a point of contention. This is a silly back and forth, no?  Reminds me of the phrase, "There are 3 kinds of lies: lies, damn lies and statistics."

Posted · Report post

:umm: Gurl

Yes. In the beginning of the week, it was about her separation... by Good Friday it was about her and Eissa

Idk why people post negative things during a time of excitement and joy :sigh: 

:rolleyes: Boy

No, In the beginning of the week she pointed to the heavens to which she has created,......by Good Friday the Earth was formed and she shared creation with the holy one

IDK, why you cannot receive the blessings that anoint us all during a time of rebirth and resurrection onto the most high  :sigh:

Posted · Report post

and she didnt get all made up for one photo.....photo shoot coming :excited:

Posted · Report post

:rolleyes: Boy

No, In the beginning of the week she pointed to the heavens to which she has created,......by Good Friday the Earth was formed and she shared creation with the holy one

IDK, why you cannot receive the blessings that anoint us all during a time of rebirth and resurrection onto the most high  :sigh:

That was Wednesday... keep up

Posted · Report post

http://www.tweetstats.com/graphs/janetjackson

Check it out. Granted, it's all relative -- Big dip in 13-15, big spike for duration of Unbreakable era, and a huge dip.. Don't know why you feel so differently.

In 2011, there was the UCAP tour the most of the tweets says it was 57 tweets...think about that. When I clicked on the data the biggest amount was 7, 7 tweets you're calling active. Then in 2009, she had 44 tweets for the YEAR. Are seeing how ridiculous this is? Thats 2 tweets a month at best & most of it would be promo, but she didn't even tweet that often...that was right around RWU tour. She was never, really active on social media. Ya'll have to stop. 

lol whatever you say. To try something new you actually have to be doing something. She wasn't doing anything. She dated him during UCAP she wasn't his wife.  Thats how most hardliners in that culture are. Women aren't to be seen and she wasn't. Now she's free

Well, if you claim she was more active during tours - then she was not, then that would be called difference. I remember the entire time you being the person who continued to vilify the situation because of him being Islamic. We have seen pictures of Janet out and about buying flowers...in the baby shop...we've seen her. By herself and with others. She wasn't a prisoner. She hasn't said anything, everything is speculation.

Posted · Report post

That was Wednesday... keep up

whatever when however it is ....she's glowing

Posted · Report post

In 2011, there was the UCAP tour the most of the tweets says it was 57 tweets...think about that. When I clicked on the data the biggest amount was 7, 7 tweets you're calling active. Then in 2009, she had 44 tweets for the YEAR. Are seeing how ridiculous this is? Thats 2 tweets a month at best & most of it would be promo, but she didn't even tweet that often...that was right around RWU tour. She was never, really active on social media. Ya'll have to stop. 

Well, if you claim she was more active during tours - then she was not, then that would be called difference. I remember the entire time you being the person who continued to vilify the situation because of him being Islamic. We have seen pictures of Janet out and about buying flowers...in the baby shop...we've seen her. By herself and with others. She wasn't a prisoner. She hasn't said anything, everything is speculation.

social media was clearly not Janet's thing, and its fine, we all must know that social media is for the youngins, I know quite a few people with zero social media because they dont have any desire to be on it. Janet is a public Icon, as such she was advised to get on the social media platforms to further her brand. Not because she wants to be