• Announcements

• Planet Janet Rules   07/07/2015

General Rules for Planet Janet Welcome to Planet Janet! The main objective of this board is to express your love for Janet, your opinions, and to interact with an important segment of the Janet fandom.  To enjoy your experience here, below are general rules and guidelines to make your experience here be successful: The N Word Please be aware that the N word is going to be filtered on this forum. Most importantly, this word is not acceptable on this forum in any form; therefore, if it is used again by ANY member on here, it will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Consider this the first, only, and last warning regarding this. Music Download | Copyright Infringement Illegal download links to music from any artist are not permissible to be posted on this forum at any time. If you have posted an illegal download link, you must take it down immediately. Failure to remove the links, and/or subsequent, repeated offenses will result in disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban from the forum. Fan Threads of Other Artists Generally, we like to keep threads and/or topics about other artists within an Official Artist Thread.  This helps to eliminate clutter and redundancy throughout the forum and allow a one-stop shop to view comments on that particular artist not pertaining to Janet.  If there is HUGE news related to an artist and generates a lot of discussion, it is okay to have a standalone thread on that topic outside of the Official Thread. A good debate is OKAY in the Official Threads of other artists.  Official Threads are not complete sanctuaries of devotion of that particular artist; however, there is a need to be civil with other members.  Please refrain from personal attacks and arguments that devolve into personal attacks. Additionally, do NOT use Janet as means to defend an artist.  This forum is made in her honor, and putting her down to boast your particular artist is prohibited. Exercise good judgment and common sense.  If not, then the moderating team will exercise disciplinary action depending on the egregiousness of the action.  Please utilize this announcement as a first warning. Personal Attacks

Each member has a warning percentage - most of them are at zero right now but a few have been warned before. Each warning is worth 10%, and once it gets to 100% the member is automatically banned from the forum. 

Each time a member gets into an argument with another member that includes personal attacks, if it is reported or viewed by a member of the moderating team, each participant in the personal attack will get an increase in their warning percentage.  They will be notified via PM, and, prior to posting again, will receive a receipt acknowledging that warning before they can post again. The Moderating Team will never divulge a member's warn percentages on the forum or to other members.

What this means is you are now responsible for your own future on this forum. The Moderating Team will not keep asking you to stop and being ignored. Learn to let things go and learn to moderate yourself before posting; if you end up banned it will be your own fault. Personal attacks and include attacks on one’s race, age, religious creed, color, gender, national origin, physical, mental or visual disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital and military status, pregnancy or sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and general physical appearance/looks. Depending on the nature of the personal attack there will be corrective action up and including permanent banning. If you have any inquiries about your warning percentage, feel free to PM a mod for an answer. If you need any clarification on the rules, feel free to reach out to The Moderating Team.

First pic of Eissa

147 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

social media was clearly not Janet's thing, and its fine, we all must know that social media is for the youngins, I know quite a few people with zero social media because they dont have any desire to be on it. Janet is a public Icon, as such she was advised to get on the social media platforms to further her brand. Not because she wants to be

I'm not saying it was, the original poster claimed she was more involved before Wissam. She was night.

Posted · Report post

social media was clearly not Janet's thing,  she was advised to get on the social media platforms to further her brand. Not because she wants to be

This.

Some fans think otherwise but they didn't live through the drought

Janet doesn't use her twitter regularly and that's fine. It's not bc of Wissam. 

Posted · Report post

Janet just tweeted a picture of herself and Eissa....and y'all in here arguing about tweets!!! Eissa is beautiful ! He has Janet's original button nose. Janet keep them coming!!!

Posted · Report post

I'm not saying it was, the original poster claimed she was more involved before Wissam. She was night.

I agree I dont think Wissam had anything to do with social media on Janet's part.......until now :ph34r:

Posted (edited) · Report post

Janet just tweeted a picture of herself and Eissa....and y'all in here arguing about tweets!!! Eissa is beautiful ! He has Janet's original button nose. Janet keep them coming!!!

there's more to come.....he is sooooo adorable ...she knows what she's doing that pic will be retweeted so much she put on make up

Edited by Bailey.

Posted · Report post

there's more to come.....he is sooooo adorable ...she knows what she's doing that pic will be retweeted so much she put on make up

I was over on Instagram and her #tag is flooded with this pic. It's a beautiful thing!

Posted · Report post

UDjejrjrmwkwi I was not ready. I woke up in heaven in the morning! Thanks game for sending me the pic. So beautiful!!

Posted · Report post

He is so beautiful. They both are. Words can't describe how happy I am for Janet. After all she's been through and what is yet to come... Eissa will make her happy always. A blessing from God.

Posted · Report post

I also posted this on Wissam's thread:

IMG_2938.JPG.decd035a852d936aa50048e1683

IMG_2939.JPG.b94eb674e0740b08f0052aac8e5

Posted · Report post

In 2011, there was the UCAP tour the most of the tweets says it was 57 tweets...think about that. When I clicked on the data the biggest amount was 7, 7 tweets you're calling active. Then in 2009, she had 44 tweets for the YEAR. Are seeing how ridiculous this is? Thats 2 tweets a month at best & most of it would be promo, but she didn't even tweet that often...that was right around RWU tour. She was never, really active on social media. Ya'll have to stop. 

Well, if you claim she was more active during tours - then she was not, then that would be called difference. I remember the entire time you being the person who continued to vilify the situation because of him being Islamic. We have seen pictures of Janet out and about buying flowers...in the baby shop...we've seen her. By herself and with others. She wasn't a prisoner. She hasn't said anything, everything is speculation.

yep I sure did and she is out and about now after the split so my theory is still proven. I am not talking about her being in social media during the previous tours. I'm talking about her behavior in general.  She was not in the shell she was in during the Unbreakable tour.  She may have not been a prisoner in the literal sense but she is out in these streets like she just got on parole after a 5 year bid 

Posted · Report post

Never. Literally, never. Her Twitter was nearly nonexistent before Unbreakable. She used twitter ONLY to post promo UNICEF stuff, charity stuff, music sometimes. 

She has never regularly or even seasonally used twitter. I know because I didn't really follow her because it was so quiet. 

Well what was there to promote before UB? :umm:

maybe we are the ones getting played? :unsure: still can't really tell which parent the baby will look like the most, its looking like its gonna be his daddy

Edited by Bailey.

Posted · Report post

Well what was there to promote before UB? :umm:

Charity. UCAP. Blackglama. RWU Tour. Discipline etc. 

Posted · Report post

I'm clapping back on youtube against the haters <_<

Posted · Report post

yep I sure did and she is out and about now after the split so my theory is still proven. I am not talking about her being in social media during the previous tours. I'm talking about her behavior in general.  She was not in the shell she was in during the Unbreakable tour.  She may have not been a prisoner in the literal sense but she is out in these streets like she just got on parole after a 5 year bid 

Let's put up a bet, after all the fuss dies down...after she reveals her next venture - whether it be an interview, music, or another tour (relatively soon 6 months) she will be going right back into that shell she always had been. 

For UB, I do not believe they had anything to do with Wissam. She was trying to do her business a different way that did not work for her. Now she's shifting directions. 

Posted · Report post

maybe we are the ones getting played? :unsure: still can't really tell which parent the baby will look like the most, its looking like its gonna be his daddy

when you say maybe we're getting played, what do you mean...not coming at you, I'm seeing if we're on the same page. 

Posted · Report post

when you say maybe we're getting played, what do you mean...not coming at you, I'm seeing if we're on the same page. 

is there a rift between those two or are they just bored ? :unsure:

Posted · Report post

is there a rift between those two or are they just bored ? :unsure:

Ok we are on the same page. I don't think there's a rift. I think Janet is trying to get back to her obligations relatively soon, so she's creating a narrative that people will buy into. 

She does pay attention to the temperature of her fans to a degree. She knows many complained before about lack of engagement, she knows some are upset about tickets etc. 

If you're a real Janet fan you know she can hide a plane, so a separation that would have NEVER been public & starting to "emerge" showing baby pictures, walks in the park - all of it is leading. Her birthday is in a few weeks. 

Posted · Report post

Ok we are on the same page. I don't think there's a rift. I think Janet is trying to get back to her obligations relatively soon, so she's creating a narrative that people will buy into. 

She does pay attention to the temperature of her fans to a degree. She knows many complained before about lack of engagement, she knows some are upset about tickets etc. 

If you're a real Janet fan you know she can hide a plane, so a separation that would have NEVER been public & starting to "emerge" showing baby pictures, walks in the park - all of it is leading. Her birthday is in a few weeks. 

well this could be to get out of touring at all, I'm in the middle of a separation ...hmmmm :unsure:

Posted · Report post

well this could be to get out of touring at all, I'm in the middle of a separation ...hmmmm :unsure:

Well speculating on the tour - it would probably be the opposite. Being in the middle of a separation does not render you "tied up" it doesn't take anything. You're just taking time a part. They are not getting divorced. Even if they were, she can go on about her business. All For You was coming together, the project, as she was divorcing. 

This is all about more publicity. Getting her name & creating curiosity amongst the people. 

Posted · Report post

This week has been a well coordinated tactical media strike by Janet.  Her teams both legal and marketing seem to just be in hyperdrive.

Posted · Report post

This week has been a well coordinated tactical media strike by Janet.  Her teams both legal and marketing seem to just be in hyperdrive.

to do what exactly?

Let's put up a bet, after all the fuss dies down...after she reveals her next venture - whether it be an interview, music, or another tour (relatively soon 6 months) she will be going right back into that shell she always had been. 

For UB, I do not believe they had anything to do with Wissam. She was trying to do her business a different way that did not work for her. Now she's shifting directions. 

the quote below is why I think it will be different. Her team has a plan. She is exposing herself at her terms. Giving us what she wants us to see. I think it will be the same if the tour starts back up. I don't think she can use the same no promo formula this time around considering how things ended. 

The change had everything to do with him. The strategy at the time worked well until all of the cancellations. At that point the whole silence thing ruin it because there was no communication with ticket holders especially in Vegas and Europe. 

Edited by DasSad

Posted · Report post

to do what exactly?

Who knows but them?  Normally you would expect a new project with this kind of coordinated effort.  But, maybe its to get ahead of all the media speculation about the divorce and have the story be framed the way they want it framed.

Posted · Report post

Charity. UCAP. Blackglama. RWU Tour. Discipline etc. 

She wasn't on Twitter until July of 2009.

And Blackglama was promoted, but that stuff is only for 1%-ers and Janet knows we broke.