? Gil confirms NEW Janet tracks! ?

Dal

I never really believed we had members that were the so-called great depressed, but man you can't give a woman a break at all nothing positive coming from you, we know whats what ...what's important now is to move on and not rehash the same ole same ole......you sound depressed shit :sigh:

and you sound stupid. I was responding to something already being discussed in this thread

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

That's not the Depressed part. Its the point of you hating yourself and then coming here to hate on Janet over and over and over and over for the last 2+ years :coffee: 

You made your point... You think it flopped. Grand. Your opinion doesn't matter still

You're the Great Depressed bc you don't know when to shut the fuck up with the negativity. 

Edited by KellyGame

The only one here that hates themselves is you and I completely understand why. There's not much to love tbh, insufferable personality and all.

The only reason I even stated my point more than once, was because you and co. kept quoting me...so don't complain about it when you keep engaging me in conversation. I simply stated it flopped and the essays started pouring in.

My opinion doesn't matter, yet you're still typing.

And every opinion that isn't delusional is deemed negative on this board.

• Upvote 5

That's not the Depressed part. Its the point of you hating yourself and then coming here to hate on Janet over and over and over and over for the last 2+ years :coffee: 

You made your point... You think it flopped. Grand. Your opinion doesn't matter still

You're the Great Depressed bc you don't know when to shut the fuck up with the negativity. 

Don't forget the fallacies, distortions and manipulation of discussions they engage in.

What type of sound are you expecting?

With Janet, it could be anything tbh.  But I'm expecting some smooth rnb and some dance-y grooves.  I still want her to experiment with different sounds.  Nothing trendy like "tropical house" or whatever they are calling it.  I love her rock-ish type songs.

she should absolutely re-release unbreakable. the album is great and too many people dont know it exist. even nosleeep that was a #1 adult r&b song is not widely known, a few months ago when jcole put something out i saw people posting his nosleeep verse saying janet was on a jcole song, they had no idea it was a 2 year old janet song. i use to watch all the periscope videos of the tour and fans at the show didnt know she had a new album out. while unbreakable is 2 years old to her fans it would be like a new album to the general public.

• Upvote 2

she should absolutely re-release unbreakable. the album is great and too many people dont know it exist. even nosleeep that was a #1 adult r&b song is not widely known, a few months ago when jcole put something out i saw people posting his nosleeep verse saying janet was on a jcole song, they had no idea it was a 2 year old janet song. i use to watch all the periscope videos of the tour and fans at the show didnt know she had a new album out. while unbreakable is 2 years old to her fans it would be like a new album to the general public.

It was all over press she was releasing music for the first time in 7 years. She toured and put it in her bundle. She has it on her social media as the header. It was the name of her tour. Her return was anticipated with the tour - those who don't know, probably won't know. Not just because of promo but because Janet is now catering to a certain age group and crowd. 

• Upvote 1

and you sound stupid. I was responding to something already being discussed in this thread

that's not what people are pointing out with you, there is no stupidity here on my part but there is redundancy on yours. If you feel this bad over things why stay? It only brings the board down, we already know what took place why continue to repeat the same thing over and over then say your defense is its my opinion? Its not, you don't need to tell us every five minutes how bothered you are, that shit is old, we heard you the first 100x :sigh:

that's not what people are pointing out with you, there is no stupidity here on my part but there is redundancy on yours. If you feel this bad over things why stay? It only brings the board down, we already know what took place why continue to repeat the same thing over and over then say your defense is its my opinion? Its not, you don't need to tell us every five minutes how bothered you are, that shit is old, we heard you the first 100x :sigh:

How about you stop projecting. I don't feel bad. Are you okay? I'm perfectly content over here.

You all act as if I'm in here talking to myself. YOU, Bailey., quoted me and I responded. Game quoted/responded to me and I responded. I'm not in here posting to myself. Maybe you should try re-reading the thread.

Well we can all agree to disagree, but the facts around Unbreakable up to this point are clear.  It's a great album, it hit number 1, brought Janet back in form with her earlier, more impactful work, and gave her a great excuse to go back on tour.  I recall a great Forbes article about this (written after Madonna's Rebel Heart release but before Unbreakable came out) which summed things up well... 

At the end of the day, little to nothing is riding on the success of the [Unbreakable] album itself. If she manages things correctly, nobody will judge her should the record flop commercially. Janet is already one of the most successful pop icons of all time in every sense, and her legacy is not riding on how well a later record performs. If she focuses on creating a well-crafted album that has integrity and meaning, instead of reaching for top ten hits and blockbuster sellers, her fans will appreciate it, and she won’t be lambasted in the media as some other older pop stars are. It’s tough to be on top of the charts and all over radio after so many decades, but really great music knows no age, and can come from anywhere.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2015/06/12/janet-jacksons-musical-comeback-makes-a-lot-of-financial-sense/#470bb4ed31cd  

Edited by wayneashleymusic

Apparently with younger, up & coming artists as well except they can't tour alone :lmao: 

Sales were never apart of the formula from a consumer standpoint. You don't buy Pepsi/Coke bc its sells billions of soft drinks. You buy it bc it's the best product out there. You buy it bc you're loyal. You don't buy it bc their stock is high. Why the fuck do you care? How is their sales influencing your life? (Assuming you don't have financial ties to the company)  

its weird how some people treat the declining music industry. They love to boast and brag.. hop on the bandwagon... pretend sales somehow matters to them and their lives. 

Paula isn't a peer? Since when? Bc she retired in the 90s? Bc she failed to evolve and instead fell into a pit of drugs and alcohol? 

And what does JLo have to do with anything? Especially album or touring? 

it flopped under your standards which are in line with standards of a signed, contracted artist.. not an Indy artist.. Something you and other small minded idiots have failed to grasp 

Sales matter to the company, the individual who released the product. WE are not BMG. YOU do not have stock or is employed by them. YOU are NOT a music insider or industry expert. WE ALL are consumers. So, as consumers sales do not matter. Sales only matter to cynical assholes who only look at sales as a way to brag and boast about on social media or to your nonexistent friends. 

????‍♂️ And I don't give a shit :lmao: :lmao: 

Name an artist that hasn't came and went quickly without naming the top artists of each genre :coffee: 

That's the industry now. It is VERY quick. There's no more "sitting at #1 for x weeks" unless you're Adele or Drake and other top acts

Pay attention to the industry and stop trying to compare 2017 to 1997

Lady Gaga Flopped

Someone who didn't promote their album and still went #1 is all that matters ??‍♂️ I guess you can be cynical and pretend 230k for an Indy artist with zero promo is bad but Janet and BMG ain't complaining :coffee: 

Since I'm apparently saying the same thing over and over to myself....here are just some of Game's responses to me in this thread.

• Upvote 1

Well we can all agree to disagree, but the facts around Unbreakable up to this point are clear.  It's a great album, it hit number 1, brought Janet back in form with her earlier, more impactful work, and gave her a great excuse to go back on tour.  I recall a great Forbes article about this (written after Madonna's Rebel Heart release but before Unbreakable came out) which summed things up well... 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2015/06/12/janet-jacksons-musical-comeback-makes-a-lot-of-financial-sense/#470bb4ed31cd  

Whether y'all think so or not, I agree

If she doesn't promote her music and stop letting her legacy fade cause trust me it definitely has been fading and not cause of the superbowl. It's part of her own doing continuously playing hide and seek. I love this woman and I don't like seeing her just let her legacy fade like she's been doing since she got with wissam. You can attend Paris fashion shows but not promote your album? I wanna her to shine this time. It was so embarrassing me talking to people about how I went to her show and people were like "Oh I didn't know she had new music out" or "Oh I didn't know she was touring." SMH

Lol that happened to me so many times and the people asking me were fans of her music. The BET awards are in June not sure if she can snap back that quick but that would be a great opportunity to get some shine.  Then have them tour dates scroll in that screen after she's done performing.  You have all these female artist out here doing her shit. She needs to remind them who gave them birth. 

But Again unfortunately creatively she's stuck. -_-