? Gil confirms NEW Janet tracks! ?

Dal

I just find it sad that Unbreakable didn't get the proper promotion due to Janet herself. I think it's one of her best albums and it's her highest scoring album on Metacritic. To sit there and let it disappear the way it did is annoying to me. Anyway I can't wait to see her front row again. Janet you better promote this new music. Shit last time you didn't do anything. No tv shows, no live performances outside of the tour, no interviews, and a huge mistake on your part was not doing the Iheartmusic festival. That was just:wacko:

I remember this. She literally canceled the day before she was supposed to perform. 

If she doesn't promote her music and stop letting her legacy fade cause trust me it definitely has been fading and not cause of the superbowl. It's part of her own doing continuously playing hide and seek. I love this woman and I don't like seeing her just let her legacy fade like she's been doing since she got with wissam. You can attend Paris fashion shows but not promote your album? I wanna her to shine this time. It was so embarrassing me talking to people about how I went to her show and people were like "Oh I didn't know she had new music out" or "Oh I didn't know she was touring." SMH

rhoa-sheree-face-02.gif?itok=FaJXpGFc

So glad finally someone said it. 

Rather than work to maintain your legacy, you, instead, go into recluse, and then last memory people have of you when you reappear is Superbowl!  Maybe if Janet did something big - like oh, I don't know put out a great album, have great videos, and a great era - perhaps she could erase that out of peoples' memories. But why would Janet do a ridiculous thing like that? :excited:

• Upvote 5

No. you don't unless you're sexist.

She postponed to start a family. You know the reason... the fact that you're bitter about it tells us what kind of person you truly are 

Thats like being mad at MJ for killing himself. 

She couldn't tour for Damita Jo or 20 bc she was blacklisted. And that has NOTHING to do with anything. You can't change that. Move on

Janet was only Blacklisted in America. Nothing was stopping her from going overseas. Internationally no one cared what happened during the superbowl. They saw the Queen tear that stage down with a great performance. Her concert tickets would've sold out immediately after the superbowl. Anybody would be crazy to think otherwise.

Edited by JoeJoe
  • Upvote 2

Lmao

The album is two years old though, no point stretching it out to a possible 4 year era lol

The album is all over the net, they are going to be looking at making money as well as feeding the fans, repackaging an old album isn't a good idea tbh.

It went number 1 with decent first week sales on zero promo, she manged to tour off word of mouth and minmal and it could've have easily went Gold with some promo.

It wouldn't make sense to rename the tour but to re-release the same album with new songs tbh, seems lazy, and I think as fans the whole "unbreakable" era seems dry. And from a artists view guess they want a fresh start, the whole unbreakable era has been muddied with negativity and been messy (not her fault at all, her pregnancy comes before fan expectations,  it was a baby now or never imo)

I think they are going to release new a single, then tour with an album coming in before the 3rd leg.

Exactly! Janet could've gone on plenty of shows, done radio interviews, or just perform at an event where she doesn't even have to give an interview just in case she wasn't wanting to talk about her personal life. As for the baby you're right, that's more important, but she should've done that first instead of even going on tour. I've been saying that since the beginning. It's not cute to get fans riled up and exited you're going on tour but secretly you're knowing you are working on a family and as soon as you find out you're pregnant then you're gonna stop. Don't even announce a tour until you get yourself situated. Fans have been waiting for her for 6yrs to see her tour again and those fans overseas have probably been waiting for a decade or more.I think she will release a duet with Beyonce (possibly about motherhood)

Janet was only Blacklisted in America. Nothing was stopping her from going overseas. Internationally no one cared what happened during the superbowl. The saw the Queen tear that stage down with a great performance. Her concert tickets would've sold out immediately after the superbowl. Anybody would be crazy to think otherwise.

That use to be what black artists had to do in the past especially black women who were blacklisted in America. Eartha Kitt took her talents to Europe after she was blacklisted for dragging President Johnson and his wife in their face at the White House. Europe received her with open arms.  So yeah she would have ruled over there. 

• Upvote 1

It was all over press she was releasing music for the first time in 7 years. She toured and put it in her bundle. She has it on her social media as the header. It was the name of her tour. Her return was anticipated with the tour - those who don't know, probably won't know. Not just because of promo but because Janet is now catering to a certain age group and crowd. 

a huge segment of janet fans are not on social media, alot of people went to the tour based on her legacy not because of the new album. more people know about janet's recent personal affairs than her latest album. this is a great time to re-release her great album, if she post a video of her and eissa with music from unbreakable playing it would get more attention than any music video she could put out.

• Upvote 1

Janet was only Blacklisted in America. Nothing was stopping her from going overseas. Internationally no one cared what happened during the superbowl. The saw the Queen tear that stage down with a great performance. Her concert tickets would've sold out immediately after the superbowl. Anybody would be crazy to think otherwise.

She has even said herself overseas fans loved the album and that the controversy over it was minimal in those territories. The singles did better as well. Should have been like MJ in the 90s and skip over the US until people got their act together. 

• Upvote 3

That use to be what black artists had to do in the past especially black women who were blacklisted in America. Eartha Kitt took her talents to Europe after she was blacklisted for dragging President Johnson and his wife in their face at the White House. Europe received her with open arms.  So yeah she would have ruled over there. 

Yup and she still could be ruling over there but idk about now cause so many said they were never buying another ticket to her show after what she did. Hopefully the baby makes them change their minds.

She has even said herself overseas fans loved the album and that the controversy over it was minimal in those territories. The singles did better as well. Should have been like MJ in the 90s and skip over the US until people got their act together. 

Exactly! I've been saying this since 2004! International territories embrace our favorite music superstars more than we do. Janet should've left us alone until we got our act together. Get your international fanbase back girly! lol

a huge segment of janet fans are not on social media, alot of people went to the tour based on her legacy not because of the new album. more people know about janet's recent personal affairs than her latest album. this is a great time to re-release her great album, if she post a video of her and eissa with music from unbreakable playing it would get more attention than any music video she could put out.

She could rerelease it but it wouldn't be the best move. Like I said it looks like an exhausted effort. She could drop a video with Eissa & use a song but in all honesty an EP gives her more flexibility. Those who are not on social media will have missed out regardless. I've heard Dammn Baby a few times on the radio. A rerelease with a completely different branded tour? So again no attachment to the music. We'll see how it plays out. But Unbreakable is 2 years old...reviving - eh.

• Upvote 1

Excited to hear about new music. Just hope Jimmy Jam & TL bring their A-Game this time.

Sounded a lil rusty on unbreakable ki

how so? It was not her typical sound but I thought they did an amazing job structuring the sounds around her new lifestyle.  I thought the music fit the way she was living.  We may get some bops now that she's moved on from that 

how so? It was not her typical sound but I thought they did an amazing job structuring the sounds around her new lifestyle.  I thought the music fit the way she was living.  We may get some bops now that she's moved on from that 

I just felt that a lot of their production on Unbreakable sounded cheap... and that is never good! Leads to a poor shelf life. 

JJ & TL were master chameleons of genre and have always been able keep up with the times sonically. Which is why I'm ??? at the way some of the tracks came out.

The tracks with superb production (Unbreakable, Night, Dammn Baby) they had co-producers who essentially did the song lmao

!!!

I want nothing but good reviews for the tour, time to shut the Naysayers up about her being unreliable .

I wonder if it will mirror the RN1814 Era, with the all black wardrobe, minimal staging, huge screens, pyrotechnics ect.

Seems fitting since she named the tour after the albums key songs.

This would be a dream come true. RN tour is one of my favorite OAT

Janet was only Blacklisted in America. Nothing was stopping her from going overseas. Internationally no one cared what happened during the superbowl. They saw the Queen tear that stage down with a great performance. Her concert tickets would've sold out immediately after the superbowl. Anybody would be crazy to think otherwise.

Easier said then done. who is going to fund this tour, if she cant get a promoter to back her? Its not like her album was selling like hotcakes over there

Easier said then done. who is going to fund this tour, if she cant get a promoter to back her? Its not like her album was selling like hotcakes over there

The same people who funded her last 2 tours, Live Nation. Nobody's album is gonna sell if they don't promote it. Mind you we're talking about 2004. Millions of people wanted to see Janet on tour.