? Gil confirms NEW Janet tracks! ?

Dal

So it wasn't about sales, but making money? I thought Janet Jackson didn't need that? That's what the recent informative JanetsLegacyMatters video said.:whistle:

Nice try. What I was saying was that the label or other parties weren't in debt. What makes a project a failure if there is significant debt.

• Upvote 2

Well, I'm a fan and sales matter to me, as well as other fans. There goes your logic again. How will you change your statement again?:ph34r:

I didn't change my statement. You can read it above. I know it's difficult for you to comprehend but the whole "sales matter" movement died when members on this very board made excuses for their favs flopping. "It's not quantity.. it's quality"... "critic acclaim".. all that jazz to defend their favorite flops. Been there done that, you're 7 years late

As an independent artist, with zero promo and zero hit singles, Janet did damn well capturing a #1 album in 2015 whether you and the rest of the 90s nostalgic fans like it or not ??‍♂️ Again.. you think your opinion matters... it doesn't ???????

Did you buy the album? Did you enjoy the album? That's all that matters. If you didn't then move the fuck on

And how convenient that was. That's probably when they ditched her.

FYI: Your insults and abrasive language won't make you appear intimidating or any less foolish than you always do. You just look hilariously unhinged. Something to keep in mind.

Wtf are you talking about :blink: They didn't ditched her. 

https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/is-the-record-business-treating-old-music-with-the-respect-it-deserves/

Your opinion doesn't matter. Something to keep in mind :coffee: 

• Upvote 1

Oh GOD now comes the fairweather fan martyr routine of "Janet fans hate everybody, everybody elses fans love everybody". Spare me, I'm observant, and I'd rather Janet sell half of what Unbreakable did than become the laughing stock Madonna's made herself with what she's pulled in the last couple of years. Like I get it, integrity doesn't mean anything to you, money does, but integrity is more impressive at her age.

Then that sounds like a issue you're going to have to fix, because black women doing 300K, #1 album, #1 single isn't a thing today like it was for a brief time in the 80's, and even then you need to get over it mattering so much given she's a independent artist so expecting "janet. 1993" album sales is a crazy ass reach, same as comparing her bundle sales with major over the top label promotion....:ph34r:

NOW it comes? It's been here for a minute.

thats the problem with "fans" that chase the numbers... they want bragging rights... like some kind of Gang. Grow up already and enjoy the music.

Waits for him to mention Beyoncé :lmao: 

• Upvote 1

All this because he said "salvage the era?" :huh:

And the album flopped. No matter how much you try to spin it.

you all often talk about the virtues of making a profit, but then say things like "sales don't matter." :blink:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

sales are not a part of the formula anymore esp with older acts, 

Apparently with younger, up & coming artists as well except they can't tour alone :lmao: 

Sales were never apart of the formula from a consumer standpoint. You don't buy Pepsi/Coke bc its sells billions of soft drinks. You buy it bc it's the best product out there. You buy it bc you're loyal. You don't buy it bc their stock is high. Why the fuck do you care? How is their sales influencing your life? (Assuming you don't have financial ties to the company)  

its weird how some people treat the declining music industry. They love to boast and brag.. hop on the bandwagon... pretend sales somehow matters to them and their lives. 

He mentioned Paula Abdul as a peer but insisted that J.Lo is some has been that with little relevance. So now, all conversations & debates are forever tabled lmao. 

Paula isn't a peer? Since when? Bc she retired in the 90s? Bc she failed to evolve and instead fell into a pit of drugs and alcohol? 

And what does JLo have to do with anything? Especially album or touring? 

you all often talk about the virtues of making a profit, but then say things like "sales don't matter." :blink:

it flopped under your standards which are in line with standards of a signed, contracted artist.. not an Indy artist.. Something you and other small minded idiots have failed to grasp 

Sales matter to the company, the individual who released the product. WE are not BMG. YOU do not have stock or is employed by them. YOU are NOT a music insider or industry expert. WE ALL are consumers. So, as consumers sales do not matter. Sales only matter to cynical assholes who only look at sales as a way to brag and boast about on social media or to your nonexistent friends. 

Edited by KellyGame
  • Upvote 1

Ultimately, trying to revive Unbreakable doesn't feel like the best move. It's almost two years old. I'm sure if she's renaming the tour she's taking the music in a diff marketing direction too. 

Unbreakable is over. No need to salvage that. Just drop an EP - short & simple. Interludes, a message, motherhood, maybe even align with a charitable effort & do your thing. If she was going to "push" Unbreakable she could have done it different ways while on hiatus. 

• Upvote 1

Apparently with younger, up & coming artists as well except they can't tour alone :lmao: 

Sales were never apart of the formula from a consumer standpoint. You don't buy Pepsi/Coke bc its sells billions of soft drinks. You buy it bc it's the best product out there. You buy it bc you're loyal. You don't buy it bc their stock is high. Why the fuck do you care? How is their sales influencing your life? (Assuming you don't have financial ties to the company)  

Paula isn't a peer? And what does JLo have to do with anything? Especially album or touring? 

it flopped under your standards which are in line with standards of a signed, contracted artist.. not an Indy artist.. Something you and other small minded idiots have failed to grasp 

Sales matter to company, the individual who released the product. WE are not BMG. YOU do not have stock or is employed by them. YOU are NOT a music insider or industry expert. WE ALL are consumers. So, as consumers sales do not matter. Sales only matter to cynical assholes who only look at sales as a way to brag and boast about on social media or to your nonexistent friends. 

She flopped.

• Downvote 1

She flopped.

There was a great conversation about "flops" & not having commercial success on this show I was listening to with this rapper. 

Basically the argument was in today's time it's not really a matter of "flopping" anymore. Because an artist can have a low performing cd but have high engagements with touring, bookings, & digital following. Back in the day everything was tied together - today they can be a huge hit in engagement but their actual albums not do numbers. For example, Remy Ma - just an example, never really sales much but she's still working heavily. Getting shows, major appearances, large following, endorsements etc. so flopping today is almost based on whether or not the artist CAN work & has relevance at all. 

Agreed until this... The "hiatus" is a high-risk pregnancy.. She made a choice and that was to focus on having a baby.. not you

I was never pressed about her doing promo. Go back and read any thread so fuck outta here. She didn't have to do videos & dance routines to promote the project. There was no risk to her pregnancy in developing a marketing strategy that allowed her to promote without having to be out & about. You quoted one part I said, "in different ways"

I was never pressed about her doing promo. Go back and read any thread so fuck outta here. She didn't have to do videos & dance routines to promote the project. There was no risk to her pregnancy in developing a marketing strategy that allowed her to promote without having to be out & about. You quoted one part I said, "in different ways"

Pass

She didn't have to bc she didn't want to and that is just perfectly fine ^_^ 

Her focus was on baby.. not work and "developing a marketing strategy" sounds like work. Also sounds like she didn't JUST think of SOTW Tour ;) Sounds like she didn't just started recording or editing (according to Gil) music. 

I agree that Unbreakable is done ✅ 

Edited by KellyGame

There was a great conversation about "flops" & not having commercial success on this show I was listening to with this rapper. 

Basically the argument was in today's time it's not really a matter of "flopping" anymore. Because an artist can have a low performing cd but have high engagements with touring, bookings, & digital following. Back in the day everything was tied together - today they can be a huge hit in engagement but their actual albums not do numbers. For example, Remy Ma - just an example, never really sales much but she's still working heavily. Getting shows, major appearances, large following, endorsements etc. so flopping today is almost based on whether or not the artist CAN work & has relevance at all. 

Aside from sales, I feel like Unbreakable just left next to no impression(ESPECIALLY WORLDWIDE). Plenty still don't even know it was released. It came and went very quickly.

Jan will always be able to work and do those things because she's an established legend. No one was expecting her to go platinum by any means, but 230k is not "a success."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Name an artist that hasn't came and went quickly without naming the top artists of each genre :coffee: 

That's the industry now. It is VERY quick. There's no more "sitting at #1 for x weeks" unless you're Adele or Drake and other top acts

Pay attention to the industry and stop trying to compare 2017 to 1997

• Upvote 2

Pass

Her focus was on baby.. not work and "developing a marketing strategy" sounds like work. Also sounds like she didn't JUST think of SOTW Tour ;) Sounds like she didn't just started recording or editing (according to Gil)  

She didn't have to bc she didn't want to and that is just perfectly fine ^_^ 

Ohhhh so basically even though she didn't think about working you think she worked & started doing shit like creating a marketing strategy for SOTW? Or developing music? Or whatever the strategy for IT will be? You see - your stupidity consistently reveals itself.  

Aside from sales, I feel like Unbreakable just left next to no impression(ESPECIALLY WORLDWIDE). Plenty still don't even know it was released. It came and went very quickly.

Jan will always be able to work and do those things because she's an established legend. No one was expecting her to go platinum by any means, but 230k is not "a success."

I understand what you mean. It left a lot of ground uncovered. I think she really was trying to make mystique a thing but it didn't do so well. Unbreakable is an excellent album, but it just didn't have longevity in the commercial sense. 

Ohhhh so basically even though she didn't think about working you think she worked & started doing shit like creating a marketing strategy for SOTW? Or developing music? Or whatever the strategy for IT will be? You see - your stupidity consistently reveals itself.  

She made a choice to become pregnant and start a family. Calling it a "hiatus" is insensitive and immature and that was my point and undermines her decisions. Like Eissa was an inconvenience for you ??

I'm not a cynical asshole. I don't speculate on what Janet's thinking. I was taking your near sighted opinion and turning it on you based on facts (something you, like the Alt-right movement voluntarily ignores) 

A re-release would be better. That way ppl will know she released an album in 2015.

I just find it sad that Unbreakable didn't get the proper promotion due to Janet herself. I think it's one of her best albums and it's her highest scoring album on Metacritic. To sit there and let it disappear the way it did is annoying to me. Anyway I can't wait to see her front row again. Janet you better promote this new music. Shit last time you didn't do anything. No tv shows, no live performances outside of the tour, no interviews, and a huge mistake on your part was not doing the Iheartmusic festival. That was just:wacko:

She made a choice to become pregnant and start a family. Calling it a "hiatus" is insensitive and immature and that was my point and undermines her decisions. Like Eissa was an inconvenience for you ??

I'm not a cynical asshole. I don't speculate on what Janet's thinking. I was taking your near sighted opinion and turning it on you based on facts (something you, like the Alt-right movement voluntarily ignores) 

Another lesson in stop being a sensitive psychopath. Seriously, you should seek attention outside of forums.  

Hiatus -

noun, plural hi·a·tus·es, hi·a·tus.

1. a break or interruption in the continuity of a work, series, action, etc. 
  2. a missing part; gap