Sherri Shepherd stanning .....

Bailey

We don't know that. She can still be very sexy without being overtly raunchy.  Just cuz she's 50 don't mean she's supposed to act her age or how people think. I personally never thought she was freaky. In her lyrics and music she has been. But even at the times she talks about getting creampied,  ( would u mind) sucking some BBC in a car (warmth) or how flooded her basement gets from the rain ( moist ) she comes off in a very sensual way and manner  than anyone else could. So nothing wrong if she spiced it up again. She's an artist after all 

• Upvote 1

"Freaky Janet" is not coming back. She has closed that chapter in her life. She's 50 now and somebody's mother. 

Sherri mentioned this before on the radio. She went to 2 Unbreakable shows. She was mentioning the lack of skin versus when she saw her last during the UCAP tour.  The would you mind Janet may not be coming back but I think Sherri and most people would like to see the stylish Janet back and not that Hell Raiser suit she had on this tour. 

Being someone's mother does not end your sexual freedom. Janet is an artist as well. I don't know any artist who has squelched their freedom because of motherhood 

• Upvote 4

Sherri mentioned this before on the radio. She went to 2 Unbreakable shows. She was mentioning the lack of skin versus when she saw her last during the UCAP tour.  The would you mind Janet may not be coming back but I think Sherri and most people would like to see the stylish Janet back and not that Hell Raiser suit she had on this tour. 

Being someone's mother does not end your sexual freedom. Janet is an artist as well. I don't know any artist who has squelched their freedom because of motherhood 

THIS ^

I also think her attitude is the key! Not if she's showing skin or acting sluty on stage.
What she can do, If she feels confortable.

Sex was ALWAYS a part of her life, some women leave it aside when they become mothers, others feel that sexual energy even stronger. Hormons... Who knows?

Moms have sex and feel sexy too, you know? lol
Resultado de imagem para angela bassett gif

It always frustrates me on a mainstream level that Janet has been pigeonholed to being a sex artist. People act like Janet was showing skin in RWU tour. The outfits were form fitting but we haven't seen the stomach in nearly 9 years. Let her evolve, please. 

Shes made every kinda sexual song there is, and although she COULD do it - it's not necessary. A themed project better serves who she is today. During UCAP I always said she looked like she was just doing the job at times - Unbreakable seemed more engaging in spirit on her. 

• Upvote 1

THIS ^

I also think her attitude is the key! Not if she's showing skin or acting sluty on stage.
What she can do, If she feels confortable.

Sex was ALWAYS a part of her life, some women leave it aside when they become mothers, others feel that sexual energy even stronger. Hormons... Who knows?

Moms have sex and feel sexy too, you know? lol
Resultado de imagem para angela bassett gif

it is trash lol. Gurl I am liiiiiiving for thar gif 

• Upvote 1

The issue is not sexual freedom. The issue is that Janet is 50 and she realizes it's time to hang up the shtick. She had the opportunity to do the lap dance on the #1s tour but didn't. Why? Cuz she knows it's tired now. Having a child, especially being a female, completely changes your outlook because you have to think if what you're doing is something you want your child seeing when they get older. Janet doing "Discipline" at 50 just isn't appropriate. I think even Madonna has toned it down with the sex on stage (correct me if I'm wrong). 

• Upvote 3

The issue is not sexual freedom. The issue is that Janet is 50 and she realizes it's time to hang up the shtick. She had the opportunity to do the lap dance on the #1s tour but didn't. Why? Cuz she knows it's tired now. Having a child, especially being a female, completely changes your outlook because you have to think if what you're doing is something you want your child seeing when they get older. Janet doing "Discipline" at 50 just isn't appropriate. I think even Madonna has toned it down with the sex on stage (correct me if I'm wrong). 

Exactly!! It gets old at some point. Madonna looks gross every time she's on stage pushing sex and forcing herself on some new artist. Janet has been there and done that. The "need" people have for her to be "sexually free" is more about them than it is her. 

Let her evolve. Janet has become so shadowed in being a sexual artist her socially conscious work has fallen by the wayside for many people. People know little to nothing about the New Agenda, Can't B Stopped, Truth, What About Janet. It's equally repressive to push a sexual image on someone as a brand under the guise of freedom. 

• Upvote 2

Yeah, the skin showing Janet is gone.  I don't want her to be desperate for attention like some of her peers.

She still serves sex appeal without even showing skin.  Aphrodite who?

005.gif

Ugh this gif just reminded me of Faith Evan's video "All Night" which was a direct rip off of "I Get Lonely". I was so mad when I saw Faith's video lol

Edited by JoeJoe
  • Upvote 1

It always frustrates me on a mainstream level that Janet has been pigeonholed to being a sex artist. People act like Janet was showing skin in RWU tour. The outfits were form fitting but we haven't seen the stomach in nearly 9 years. Let her evolve, please. 

Shes made every kinda sexual song there is, and although she COULD do it - it's not necessary. A themed project better serves who she is today. During UCAP I always said she looked like she was just doing the job at times - Unbreakable seemed more engaging in spirit on her. 

Exactly!! It gets old at some point. Madonna looks gross every time she's on stage pushing sex and forcing herself on some new artist. Janet has been there and done that. The "need" people have for her to be "sexually free" is more about them than it is her. 

Let her evolve. Janet has become so shadowed in being a sexual artist her socially conscious work has fallen by the wayside for many people. People know little to nothing about the New Agenda, Can't B Stopped, Truth, What About Janet. It's equally repressive to push a sexual image on someone as a brand under the guise of freedom. 

We are so alike im wondering if you are me in another dimension :wacko:

• Upvote 2

Yeah, the skin showing Janet is gone.  I don't want her to be desperate for attention like some of her peers.

She still serves sex appeal without even showing skin.  Aphrodite who?

005.gif

true but this outfit is cute. Women would wear this. The Unbreakable clothes were serving shady pines first holy communion teas. 

Madonna has kind of toned things down, but for Madonna that's probably not saying much (see her live performance of "Holy Water" and her 2016 Met Gala outfit).

I neither want nor expect Janet to come on stage grinding on audience members (the gimmick was tired by the AFY tour tbh), or showing off excessive amounts of skin. It's unnecessary at this point and we've already seen her body shown off & exposed at its peak; if anyone wants that Janet, the photos and songs will always be there to return to.

On the other hand, I think most can agree that her Unbreakable tour outfits were just :blink::huh:... I'd like for Janet to be balanced, so to speak. She can still be sexy while fully clothed. Her all white jumpsuit during the UCAP tour and her black suit during the VR tour are proof of that. If she wore stylish, sexy, but still classy costumes on stage, (mostly) everyone would be happy.

Edited by VelvetKnowledge1814

I like Janet exactly as she was in this era (minus the drop crotch pants).  I love the mysterious, shy woman that is explosive on stage and writes beautiful, creative music.  

I think the drop crotch was everyone's problem if I'm honest...I personally didn't care as it was my first time seeing her

"Freaky Janet" is not coming back. She has closed that chapter in her life. She's 50 now and somebody's mother. 

thats a good thing, I believe part of her growth as an artist is to continue to evolve she's done that already and it was the shit when she did, now its time to move on, and in some ways you can hear the growth on Unbreakable