OFFICIAL STATE OF THE WORLD TOUR THREAD

jarrylf

Y'all stay trying to retire her :sigh: based on nothing but opinions.. meanwhile, Grandma Donna is 40 years older doing world tours (not comparing anything except age)

"She's retiring" - post-Discipline era.. post-UCAP

"She should do Vegas shows" - Pre-Unbreakable Tour

How about Janet does Janet and y'all monkeys buy her shit. That's my plan. I'm not counting down to her retirement.. it's weird how few of you are :blink: 

Edited by KellyGame
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't want to see her retire, but Las Vegas? Gurl NEVER!!!!   leave that check for those other half baked chicks

what the hell is this idea that Vegas is not a place where she can win? Have you ever been? Have you seen how much they make? Where do they lose legacy? Tell me how Celine's financial success has soared but Vegas isn't working? I don't get the cattiness behind Vegas. 

• Upvote 1

what the hell is this idea that Vegas is not a place where she can win? Have you ever been? Have you seen how much they make? Where do they lose legacy? Tell me how Celine's financial success has soared but Vegas isn't working? I don't get the cattiness behind Vegas. 

Gurl the only time Ive been to Vegas was to see Janet two nights in a row okay....Okay first off, tough love, is the best love you're going to get here

1. Most acts in Vegas, Britney, JLo, and Mariah, would BOMB trying to do a world tour, so when they can't tour they end up in Vegas

2. Celine's residency was a completely different deal FIRST OFF....they built an entire VENUE for her, if they decide to build a VENUE for Janet okay...oh and Celine's take so far .

$198,213,391  ...if Janet can get those kinda dollars okay :filenails:

3. You will NEVER convince me that Vegas isn't for hasbeens, the only exception you have is Celine and she did it out of convenience not because she couldn't move tickets 

Madonna actually cares about her legacy, though, and shows no signs of slowing down. 

true, but when she's on stage whining about her broken relationship with her son Rocco, she's got other issues to attend to other than chasing that drug called fame

Chris Brown. 

...you tried it after Rihanna it was over ....he at this point is probably an opening act for someone bigger touring or maybe he could be on a multi-platform tour such as Neyo, Usher, and Chris Brown ....solo WW? NOPE ...next ? :coffee:

Edited by Bailey.

Y'all are looking at vegas the wrong way imo.. 

out of the all the artists that play Vegas now, I agree that Celine is the exception to the rule..

but what would stop Janet from also being the exception to that rule as well? Does Celine fkn Dion have a monopoly over legit musical (non-has-been) legends performing in Vegas?

I personally don't think Janet should do vegas, but if she did end up doing vegas (and she's said she's considered it already), I believe it would be on a larger scale (ala Celine) and more/most/all creative control would be given to Janet and her "imagineers" (unlike Britney, etc)..

• Upvote 1

...you tried it after Rihanna it was over ....he at this point is probably an opening act for someone bigger touring or maybe he could be on a multi-platform tour such as Neyo, Usher, and Chris Brown ....solo WW? NOPE ...next ? :coffee:

He's doing it as we speak. Are you all being serious? I feel like you all live in a very singular reality. 

Y'all are looking at vegas the wrong way imo.. 

out of the all the artists that play Vegas now, I agree that Celine is the exception to the rule..

but what would stop Janet from also being the exception to that rule as well? Does Celine fkn Dion have a monopoly over legit musical (non-has-been) legends performing in Vegas?

I personally don't think Janet should do vegas, but if she did end up doing vegas (and she's said she's considered it already), I believe it would be on a larger scale (ala Celine) and more/most/all creative control would be given to Janet and her "imagineers" (unlike Britney, etc)..

and AGAIN I say Madonna and the rest couldn't wait to get their laughs in on Janet...this bitch in Vegas now, :lmao: you can take in a Janet show and shop the Strip

Edited by Bailey.

He's doing it as we speak. Are you all being serious? I feel like you all live in a very singular reality. 

Janet's crowd is different there are people that will pay to see her if she's near but flying out to Vegas is a die hard move

Janet's crowd is different there are people that will pay to see her if she's near but flying out to Vegas is a die hard move

Well, now that we're more aligned with that fact that it's not only possible but it's being done - Janet has fans that come to America for her shows & travel states to see her multiple times. UCAP was the last successful world tour she did & before that it was All For You - you guys talk like for the last 10 years she's been doing consistent world tours with massive sales. 

She does have fans who will travel for her & the ones that don't...will be made up for by the people in Vegas who will definitely buy tickets. IF she's considered it...it's not a drastic or unrealistic concept. 

Janet had opening acts in her peak. She didn't always tour "alone"...so when you say not alone, are you saying that they're not the only on the bill? They would be the headliner.

Not alone I mean they are the supporting act not the headliner, Chris Brown would fail as a headliner now doing a WW tour, sadly Usher has too