OFFICIAL STATE OF THE WORLD TOUR THREAD

jarrylf

In regards to the schedule, it doesn't look like there's too many back to back dates, which is good.

Not Mentioned (scheduled for UWT 2nd and 3rd legs, but missing in SOTW Tour dates): Saratoga Springs, London, Montreal, Hartford, Wantagh, Holmdel, Rochester, Tuscon, Hershey, Winston-Salem

Return (cities she performed on the first leg that weren’t scheduled for the 2nd or 3rd UWT legs): Nashville, Memphis, Toronto, Grand Rapids, San Diego, Vancouver, Phoenix 

First Time Performing: Reno, Jacksonville, Lafayette, Norfolk, Brooklyn, Bethlehem, Manchester, Buffalo, Toledo
Edited by Kishi

She always does the damn thing in LA. 

I be tellin people who complain about cancelations and traveling, COME,TO.LA!!! She's cancelled dates on every tour she's done, but NEVER L.A., you wanna see Janet FOR SURE, gotta go to a LA show

• Upvote 5

If anyone has participated in the Amex presale do they tend to sell front row tickets?

During the first go round, I always found better tickets with the album pre-sale than with Amex. I'd go ahead and check when it opens tomorrow. I wish there was a way of knowing what tickets are already taken. 

• Upvote 1

Personally I think she needs to maybe tour overseas first. She needs her international fan base back first. She's put them off too many times before. "All For You" tour, "Rock Witchu" tour, and "Unbreakable" tour. Not a good track record for your international fan base

I really hope she does. Because as cool as it is to see her new video and announcement, so far all the shows she's added to her facebook events have been in the states.

If after cancellations on All 4 u, rock witchu and then the unbreakable tour, Europe gets nothing....then fans here are just gonna stop caring,

• Upvote 1

I really hope she does. Because as cool as it is to see her new video and announcement, so far all the shows she's added to her facebook events have been in the states.

If after cancellations on All 4 u, rock witchu and then the unbreakable tour, Europe gets nothing....then fans here are just gonna stop caring,

I feel like after this drama with her husband, she just wants to be home for a while instead of staying overseas 

During the first go round, I always found better tickets with the album pre-sale than with Amex. I'd go ahead and check when it opens tomorrow. I wish there was a way of knowing what tickets are already taken. 

I got better tickets during the general sale. Hopefully they open up the best seats first this time.  My live nation phone app kept freezing during presale. 

For those of you who attended the Unbreakable Tour date(s) that were held in an outdoor amphitheater, do you know if Joey was walking around the rear "lawn" sections to pass out front row upgrades or was he also approaching audience members who had regular seats (but still far from stage)? Thanks for any help!

• Upvote 2

For those of you who attended the Unbreakable Tour date(s) that were held in an outdoor amphitheater, do you know if Joey was walking around the rear "lawn" sections to pass out front row upgrades or was he also approaching audience members who had regular seats (but still far from stage)? Thanks for any help!

he did that at every stop, & did it for me lol....you gotta find em tho...and it aint easy. And he didn't approach unless he knows you, othewise you gotta introduce yourself.....and make it happen.

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

he did that at every stop, & did it for me lol....you gotta find em tho...and it aint easy. And he didn't approach unless he knows you, othewise you gotta introduce yourself.....and make it happen.

yea we got upgraded in SF.. while my wife and daughter were in the restroom, I waited for them in the hall and joey walked by so I reached out to shake his hand and said something like "good to see you joey!" And he just said thanks and carried on his way.. then after my wife and daughter came out of the restroom, we got something to eat and made our way back up to our balcony seats, and as were we heading up the stairs joey stopped my wife (who was walking behind me) and asked her if she and her daughter would like to be on the floor (never said anything about FRONT row).. she hollered at me to stop and turn around and when I saw that joey was speaking directly to her, I knew EXACTLY what was happeneing and I shouted "yes we'll do it!"

and then that night Janet spoke to me and my little family (6yo daughter included) and made that night one we'll never forget...

so the moral of story is: I'm trying to find a way to recreate that again! ? 

• Upvote 3

Hey! I'm new here but I've been reading for a while. I used to be on the Janet-Xone forums back in the day and I miss been part of a forum. I'm so happy to have Janet back. Really hoping for some UK dates in 2018!

I've been thinking how amazing it'll be if she releases a socially concious themed EP with 'Can't Be Stopped' as the lead single to promote the tour! :) I love that song.

Edited by New_Agenda
  • Upvote 1

Slightly dissapointed there is no mention of Europe first. But I love the vid...too cute. It was suprising to hear her confirm the split...but she seems happy and that's what matters. I wonder what they are in the courts for?

depending on how well this goes, Europe may be on the table after

depending on how well this goes, Europe may be on the table after

Given the fact that all the North American commitments finish in December, that screams Europe for January of 2018 after a holiday break.  

I know we're just one day in, but does this second go-round "feel" better received than the Unbreakable tour?  I'm noticing a huge amount of local press coverage for every stop, which I don't recall in 2015.  I think more people will actually KNOW she's on tour this time.  

ET online is reporting that sources state Janet plans to take baby on tour ...or that's whats being said

I remember she once said when she was with Renee (I can't remember if it was a magazine or tv-it might have been Larry King) that if she had a baby then it would travel with her.

I'm wondering if all/some of the backup dancers (including the Littles) will be returning for the tour.. hell now that I think of it, I wonder if all the band members (and DJ Aktiv) will also be reprising their places on the upcoming SOTW Tour... hmmm

• Upvote 1

ET online is reporting that sources state Janet plans to take baby on tour ...or that's whats being said

I think that's great.  No one should give her hell for it.  Working mothers take their kids with them all the time.