OFFICIAL STATE OF THE WORLD TOUR THREAD

jarrylf

I would love more of an acting performance! "What About" but with "Lessons Learned"

YES!

I'm cool with her changing out CTRL/RN ballads for a mix of other songs. Funny How Time Flies, Every Time, I Want You, Truth, 24Play, Lonely etc

Are u sure you not my twin? u just completed the list I started :P

• Upvote 1

Oh, and I don't mind her milking "Again." It's from her first movie, a #1, and Oscar nominated. I would LOVE to hear 24play and/or Everytime, though. :wub:

Most fans would love to hear 24play. With the exception of some that try to diminish the conversation anytime it's discussed. 

I love Again as a song but like MOST of the set list we have heard it on EVERY tour. It's a beautiful song. Every Time to me works for where her life is, 24play is a vocal masterpiece for her. She has sooooo many options & 24play should be in the mix. 

• Upvote 1

YES!

Are u sure you not my twin? u just completed the list I started :P

lol aye bro she has to tap into that catalog it's so vast. When she did I Want You on GMA she killed. FHTF needs soooooo much love & Truth is just perfect for where she is right now. It's a very mature song about breaking up despite its direct & cutting undertones. 

• Upvote 1

Possibly some of the State Of The World Tour Setlist?

Denzel Chisolm (one of the male dancers) posted these pictures of his dance notes on his Instagram Story

Here is the order. No real changes from the Unbreakable Tour setlist so far:
1) BURNITUP!
2) Nasty
3) Feedback

Freestyle Hits

4) Miss You Much
5) Alright
6) What Have You Done For Me Lately (his notes simply say "Lately")
7) Pleasure Principle
8) All For You
9) All Nite (Don't Stop)
10) (blank space on his notes)
11) No Sleeep
12) Got 'Til It's Gone
11 [he also listed the 13th song as 11]) That's The Way Love Goes

Not sure if that is the order in which the songs will be performed but if it is the State Of The World Tour setlist is basically the Unbreakable Tour setlist up until "That's The Way Love Goes". The only songs missing from his notes (likely because he will not be dancing on the songs) up until "That's The Way Love Goes" that were performed on the Unbreakable Tour shows were:
-"Control": I was surprised that wasn't included when I read the dance notes but it just might be apart of the Freestyle Hits section
-"You Want This": Tends to be performed with only her female dancers on the live performances
- "Escapade": Only Taylor and Kyndall danced with Janet during this song on the Unbreakable Tour
-"When I Think Of You": Was performed with just the older female dancers in a tame but I guess you could say sensual chair routine
-"Love Will Never Do (Without You)": This song when performed on the Unbreakable Tour was more about showcasing the background singers
-"After You Fall": There wasn't any choreography for the dancers
-"Again"/"Come Back to Me"/"Let's Wait Awhile"/"I Get Lonely"/"Any Time, Any Place": The ballads/slow songs medley where there wasn't any choreography for the dancers

http://i.imgur.com/YvK6a8U.png
QWHQ1Im.png

• Upvote 6

The Littles have gotten so big! :oAnd I'm excited to have at least 2 male dancers. December (Columbia, SC) can't come soon enough for me! :dance:

I know! I was trying to find Kendall and didn't even realize how much bigger she was. They're growing up with Janet. It's been what, almost 3yrs since they've been with her? Janet's legacy will be passed on from them as well as other young cuties.

Edited by JoeJoe

lol aye bro she has to tap into that catalog it's so vast. When she did I Want You on GMA she killed. FHTF needs soooooo much love & Truth is just perfect for where she is right now. It's a very mature song about breaking up despite its direct & cutting undertones. 

i was trying to think of some after 2001 songs could be included and IWU and Truth fit beautifully.

24 Play never crossed my mind but it works...

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry but the tour tracklist looks boring to me... I wish she would make some changes and not play the same tracks she's done on every other tour. The SOTW is such a good theme with lots of potential but what's the point if the tracklist is the same as before. I just wish she would take some risks and not do the same all over again. There are so many good songs on Unbreakable as well as on other albums too that would fit perfectly 4 the SOTW theme.

I have not looked at the list but more than likely it's true because Gil said months ago that it was done. It will have some minor tweaks. I'm guessing like adding Dammn Baby and Night & a few new songs if there are any. But honestly this has been the ongoing aggravation with Janet's artistry she does not push herself into growing some times. 

I KEPT telling Gil - she needs to explore other tracks, & he said - "I hear you but seriously just give it some time." 

This let me know he was equally frustrated & has brought the idea to her...the compromise is shit like TBTILAF when really that's just an ODD song to hold on to instead of doing the many others! I was thinking "time"? How much & when if that's the case but I let it go. Although I do think Janet could use switching up her team, after Gil mentioned she's the only artist who he's worked with that has not wanted to switch up her dances or remix stuff because "this is what the fans love" I knew most of the lack falls on Janet. There's sooooooo much potential to maximize. 

• Upvote 1

I totally doubt it .....her people know to keep that mouth shut.... "closed set"   remember that when JD was trying to show us some shit Janet was like no sir !

Also - that was all her allowing him to do it and pretending she didn't want that. There were other videos of them in practice. Remember the videos of their feet and her sitting on the couch with no make up on talking in the camera?

Also - that was all her allowing him to do it and pretending she didn't want that. There were other videos of them in practice. Remember the videos of their feet and her sitting on the couch with no make up on talking in the camera?

I think she expressed a few times on camera she didnt want Jermaine filming, I remember when we didnt know who the opening act was going to be on RYU, and Janet was busy applying makeup when JD walks up on her, and she said "it's LL Cool J, now could you please GTFO" :lol:

I think she expressed a few times on camera she didnt want Jermaine filming, I remember when we didnt know who the opening act was going to be on RYU, and Janet was busy applying makeup when JD walks up on her, and she said "it's LL Cool J, now could you please GTFO" :lol:

lol exactly it was all an act. She was giving up information, and he was her vehicle. She was pretending for it to be top secret while giving info & giving practice rehearsal footage lol 

lol exactly it was all an act. She was giving up information, and he was her vehicle. She was pretending for it to be top secret while giving info & giving practice rehearsal footage lol 

that wasn't an act lol. Janet was truly annoyed and it looks like JD annoyed her purposefully plenty of times before

that wasn't an act lol. Janet was truly annoyed and it looks like JD annoyed her purposefully plenty of times before

If she was truly annoyed she would have made sure there was no information given. Fans forget she hid an entire marriage for 10+ years. She let him inside her rehearsals, she talked to the camera, she leaked the announcement of her opening act...which LL had to promote too so she had to tell it. She showed sketches of things from the tour. She would have sternly said Jermaine you are not allowed to film any of this & im not playing with you. The man got her tatted on him - if she was serious enough he would have listened lol.