• Announcements

• Planet Janet Rules   07/07/2015

General Rules for Planet Janet Welcome to Planet Janet! The main objective of this board is to express your love for Janet, your opinions, and to interact with an important segment of the Janet fandom.  To enjoy your experience here, below are general rules and guidelines to make your experience here be successful: The N Word Please be aware that the N word is going to be filtered on this forum. Most importantly, this word is not acceptable on this forum in any form; therefore, if it is used again by ANY member on here, it will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Consider this the first, only, and last warning regarding this. Music Download | Copyright Infringement Illegal download links to music from any artist are not permissible to be posted on this forum at any time. If you have posted an illegal download link, you must take it down immediately. Failure to remove the links, and/or subsequent, repeated offenses will result in disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban from the forum. Fan Threads of Other Artists Generally, we like to keep threads and/or topics about other artists within an Official Artist Thread.  This helps to eliminate clutter and redundancy throughout the forum and allow a one-stop shop to view comments on that particular artist not pertaining to Janet.  If there is HUGE news related to an artist and generates a lot of discussion, it is okay to have a standalone thread on that topic outside of the Official Thread. A good debate is OKAY in the Official Threads of other artists.  Official Threads are not complete sanctuaries of devotion of that particular artist; however, there is a need to be civil with other members.  Please refrain from personal attacks and arguments that devolve into personal attacks. Additionally, do NOT use Janet as means to defend an artist.  This forum is made in her honor, and putting her down to boast your particular artist is prohibited. Exercise good judgment and common sense.  If not, then the moderating team will exercise disciplinary action depending on the egregiousness of the action.  Please utilize this announcement as a first warning. Personal Attacks

Each member has a warning percentage - most of them are at zero right now but a few have been warned before. Each warning is worth 10%, and once it gets to 100% the member is automatically banned from the forum. 

Each time a member gets into an argument with another member that includes personal attacks, if it is reported or viewed by a member of the moderating team, each participant in the personal attack will get an increase in their warning percentage.  They will be notified via PM, and, prior to posting again, will receive a receipt acknowledging that warning before they can post again. The Moderating Team will never divulge a member's warn percentages on the forum or to other members.

What this means is you are now responsible for your own future on this forum. The Moderating Team will not keep asking you to stop and being ignored. Learn to let things go and learn to moderate yourself before posting; if you end up banned it will be your own fault. Personal attacks and include attacks on one’s race, age, religious creed, color, gender, national origin, physical, mental or visual disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital and military status, pregnancy or sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and general physical appearance/looks. Depending on the nature of the personal attack there will be corrective action up and including permanent banning. If you have any inquiries about your warning percentage, feel free to PM a mod for an answer. If you need any clarification on the rules, feel free to reach out to The Moderating Team.

OFFICIAL STATE OF THE WORLD TOUR ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD

419 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

In regards to the schedule, it doesn't look like there's too many back to back dates, which is good.

Not Mentioned (scheduled for UWT 2nd and 3rd legs, but missing in SOTW Tour dates): Saratoga Springs, London, Montreal, Hartford, Wantagh, Holmdel, Rochester, Tuscon, Hershey, Winston-Salem

Return (cities she performed on the first leg that weren’t scheduled for the 2nd or 3rd UWT legs): Nashville, Memphis, Toronto, Grand Rapids, San Diego, Vancouver, Phoenix 

First Time Performing: Reno, Jacksonville, Lafayette, Norfolk, Brooklyn, Bethlehem, Manchester, Buffalo, Toledo
Edited by Kishi

Posted · Report post

She always does the damn thing in LA. 

I be tellin people who complain about cancelations and traveling, COME,TO.LA!!! She's cancelled dates on every tour she's done, but NEVER L.A., you wanna see Janet FOR SURE, gotta go to a LA show

Posted · Report post

Posted · Report post

I love this! 

LAMONT MURDERED WITH THIS!!!!

Posted · Report post

I'm salty as fuck she's not starting in Europe but it's nice that she stuck to her word!

Posted · Report post

If anyone has participated in the Amex presale do they tend to sell front row tickets?

During the first go round, I always found better tickets with the album pre-sale than with Amex. I'd go ahead and check when it opens tomorrow. I wish there was a way of knowing what tickets are already taken. 

Posted · Report post

Personally I think she needs to maybe tour overseas first. She needs her international fan base back first. She's put them off too many times before. "All For You" tour, "Rock Witchu" tour, and "Unbreakable" tour. Not a good track record for your international fan base

I really hope she does. Because as cool as it is to see her new video and announcement, so far all the shows she's added to her facebook events have been in the states.

If after cancellations on All 4 u, rock witchu and then the unbreakable tour, Europe gets nothing....then fans here are just gonna stop caring,

Posted · Report post

I really hope she does. Because as cool as it is to see her new video and announcement, so far all the shows she's added to her facebook events have been in the states.

If after cancellations on All 4 u, rock witchu and then the unbreakable tour, Europe gets nothing....then fans here are just gonna stop caring,

I feel like after this drama with her husband, she just wants to be home for a while instead of staying overseas 

Posted · Report post

Slightly dissapointed there is no mention of Europe first. But I love the vid...too cute. It was suprising to hear her confirm the split...but she seems happy and that's what matters. I wonder what they are in the courts for?

Posted · Report post

Europe is coming. *put it to the universe*

Posted · Report post

During the first go round, I always found better tickets with the album pre-sale than with Amex. I'd go ahead and check when it opens tomorrow. I wish there was a way of knowing what tickets are already taken. 

I got better tickets during the general sale. Hopefully they open up the best seats first this time.  My live nation phone app kept freezing during presale. 

Posted · Report post

For those of you who attended the Unbreakable Tour date(s) that were held in an outdoor amphitheater, do you know if Joey was walking around the rear "lawn" sections to pass out front row upgrades or was he also approaching audience members who had regular seats (but still far from stage)? Thanks for any help!

For those of you who attended the Unbreakable Tour date(s) that were held in an outdoor amphitheater, do you know if Joey was walking around the rear "lawn" sections to pass out front row upgrades or was he also approaching audience members who had regular seats (but still far from stage)? Thanks for any help!

he did that at every stop, & did it for me lol....you gotta find em tho...and it aint easy. And he didn't approach unless he knows you, othewise you gotta introduce yourself.....and make it happen.

Edited by jarrylf

Posted · Report post

he did that at every stop, & did it for me lol....you gotta find em tho...and it aint easy. And he didn't approach unless he knows you, othewise you gotta introduce yourself.....and make it happen.

yea we got upgraded in SF.. while my wife and daughter were in the restroom, I waited for them in the hall and joey walked by so I reached out to shake his hand and said something like "good to see you joey!" And he just said thanks and carried on his way.. then after my wife and daughter came out of the restroom, we got something to eat and made our way back up to our balcony seats, and as were we heading up the stairs joey stopped my wife (who was walking behind me) and asked her if she and her daughter would like to be on the floor (never said anything about FRONT row).. she hollered at me to stop and turn around and when I saw that joey was speaking directly to her, I knew EXACTLY what was happeneing and I shouted "yes we'll do it!"

and then that night Janet spoke to me and my little family (6yo daughter included) and made that night one we'll never forget...

so the moral of story is: I'm trying to find a way to recreate that again! 😂 

Hey! I'm new here but I've been reading for a while. I used to be on the Janet-Xone forums back in the day and I miss been part of a forum. I'm so happy to have Janet back. Really hoping for some UK dates in 2018!

I've been thinking how amazing it'll be if she releases a socially concious themed EP with 'Can't Be Stopped' as the lead single to promote the tour! :) I love that song.

Edited by New_Agenda

Posted · Report post

ET online is reporting that sources state Janet plans to take baby on tour ...or that's whats being said

Posted · Report post

Slightly dissapointed there is no mention of Europe first. But I love the vid...too cute. It was suprising to hear her confirm the split...but she seems happy and that's what matters. I wonder what they are in the courts for?

depending on how well this goes, Europe may be on the table after

Posted · Report post

depending on how well this goes, Europe may be on the table after

Given the fact that all the North American commitments finish in December, that screams Europe for January of 2018 after a holiday break.  

I know we're just one day in, but does this second go-round "feel" better received than the Unbreakable tour?  I'm noticing a huge amount of local press coverage for every stop, which I don't recall in 2015.  I think more people will actually KNOW she's on tour this time.  

Posted · Report post

ET online is reporting that sources state Janet plans to take baby on tour ...or that's whats being said

I remember she once said when she was with Renee (I can't remember if it was a magazine or tv-it might have been Larry King) that if she had a baby then it would travel with her.

Posted · Report post

I'm wondering if all/some of the backup dancers (including the Littles) will be returning for the tour.. hell now that I think of it, I wonder if all the band members (and DJ Aktiv) will also be reprising their places on the upcoming SOTW Tour... hmmm

Posted · Report post

im wondering if we get to have men on stage this time

Posted · Report post

im wondering if we get to have men on stage this time

that'd be dope but if they're anything like the ones in the UCAP tour, then I'd say stick with females only

Posted · Report post

that'd be dope but if they're anything like the ones in the UCAP tour, then I'd say stick with females only

well it depends you know

Posted · Report post

I think that's great.  No one should give her hell for it.  Working mothers take their kids with them all the time.  

Posted · Report post

I don't know why but I just assumed those were the Little's on the tour poster and they were coming back. I do hope there are a couple male dancers added, too.