OFFICIAL STATE OF THE WORLD TOUR THREAD

jarrylf

YAASSSS!! So exciting!! All these paparazzi photos, sightings in public and baby pics now make sense.... something is up!!!

What do u guys think it is?

New tour? New single? It can't be a new album this soon, can it??

Whatever it is, I can't wait! :cheer:

I believe it's a new tour announcement, but I hope we get some new music info too I'm content either way though

who really thought she would get back to work within a few months of giving birth? Omg

now she needs to get back to that nutrisystem weight and it's all systems go!

Edited by StateOfTheWorld

YAASSSS!! So exciting!! All these paparazzi photos, sightings in public and baby pics now make sense.... something is up!!!

What do u guys think it is?

New tour? New single? It can't be a new album this soon, can it??

Whatever it is, I can't wait! :cheer:

Honestly, I think it's tour announcements. Maybe her saying how she promised to reschedule & then doing it. I remember when she first went away Jimmy said in an interview they were already working on new music...but I feel maybe the new music will be coming soon too. 

Maybe an EP or a few songs & probably a Bruno track. I even believe we might actually get some kinda "interview" maybe in print with pictures of her & Eissa but that's to come. This has all been so calculated & on purpose. 

I miss seeing her on TV

I think the last televised performance she did was for American Idol, and that was a huge platform

I'd LOOOOVE to see her on the late night shows, possibly SNL, ect, but I think that time for her is over, she likes this elusive look, and I think it's working. These days singers are everywhere and anywhere and it kinda takes the mystery away from them. Maybe she might do a sit down with Oprah? There aren't any big time talk shows anymore like there used to be.

I remember when there were rumours of her doing American Idol judging panel, I hated that idea because I felt she was above all of that lol

I miss seeing her on TV

I think the last televised performance she did was for American Idol, and that was a huge platform

I'd LOOOOVE to see her on the late night shows, possibly SNL, ect, but I think that time for her is over, she likes this elusive look, and I think it's working. These days singers are everywhere and anywhere and it kinda takes the mystery away from them. Maybe she might do a sit down with Oprah? There aren't any big time talk shows anymore like there used to be.

I remember when there were rumours of her doing American Idol judging panel, I hated that idea because I felt she was above all of that lol

Most major artist don't perform on television shows. The most you'll get is a live award show performance, so it is kinda behind her & it kinda lessons the brand a bit IMO. Janet interviews are seen as exclusives. Having her perform on your late night show or daytime show would be a little substandard. I remember during Discipline I couldn't stand her live performances. They were lackluster in appearance & did not justice for her as a real performer. I remember feeling she was beyond it then, & ironically the RWU tour was miles beyond any of the live shows. The last amazing live Tv performance from Janet was scream 2009. 

^ OT but I missed the concept of the music variety show and artists performing to promote their work. What caused it to be reduce to only performing on award shows and other high profile events?

Honestly I can't say, besides the fact that it gives them exclusivity. Lesser access means higher demand. It's like an achievement. You put in work, doing the circuits solidifying your fan base & then you back up. You start to control your content. 

If you always get to see artists performing on night/daytime tv when you hear they're doing an award show - it's less exciting because you've seen these performances countless times. Also they become larger acts & those shows don't offer the same production value or "grandness" as award shows do. It's limited. One thing I think that kinda sucks is artist do less interviews & kinda lack profound moments like they did in the past. 

While i don't disagree with you, at what time did become over-saturation? Why wasn't it like that in the 80s?

(I think I have my theories.)

There was no social media and constant replays of the shows via (memes, repost, etc.) Artist were less accessible overall. But even then artist pulled back from shows at a certain point. Like MJ & even Janet with exception of something like an SNL.

I think it became over-saturation towards the mid 2000's with the rise of social media, decline of music sales, illegal downloading, radio stations being monopolized by music labels. File sharing became huge, so sales dwindled, labels overcompensated by using aggressive marketing and promo technqiues

the constant non stop reminders of a particular artist or rapper being shoved in your face 24/7 and the same 12 songs being played on the radio 2345 times a day.

Most major artist don't perform on television shows. The most you'll get is a live award show performance, so it is kinda behind her & it kinda lessons the brand a bit IMO. Janet interviews are seen as exclusives. Having her perform on your late night show or daytime show would be a little substandard. I remember during Discipline I couldn't stand her live performances. They were lackluster in appearance & did not justice for her as a real performer. I remember feeling she was beyond it then, & ironically the RWU tour was miles beyond any of the live shows. The last amazing live Tv performance from Janet was scream 2009. 

I totally agree, the exclusivity brings more hype and nostaglia tbh, I didnt mean perform but make appearances, promo stops, ect

I agree with the TV performances too, they didn't do her any justice tbh, she's def a concert/arena type of performer where you can see and feel her feeding off the acoustics and the audience feedback.

I don't want her to do a Mariah (no offense to her or any of her fans) but the whole American Idol, appearances everywhere, shoddy TV performances, the reality tv show, really exposed her commericial and talent decline and made ridicule of her personal life.

Janet should just continue what she's doing, minimal promo, album and tour. I don't think there are any big exclusive platforms to perform or give interviews anymore aside from the televised music awards like the Grammys, the VMAs, Billboard music awards and the American Music Awards.

• Upvote 3

I think it became over-saturation towards the mid 2000's with the rise of social media, decline of music sales, illegal downloading, radio stations being monopolized by music labels. File sharing became huge, so sales dwindled, labels overcompensated by using aggressive marketing and promo technqiues

the constant non stop reminders of a particular artist or rapper being shoved in your face 24/7 and the same 12 songs being played on the radio 2345 times a day.

I totally agree, the exclusivity brings more hype and nostaglia tbh, I didnt mean perform but make appearances, promo stops, ect

I agree with the TV performances too, they didn't do her any justice tbh, she's def a concert/arena type of performer where you can see and feel her feeding off the acoustics and the audience feedback.

I don't want her to do a Mariah (no offense to her or any of her fans) but the whole American Idol, appearances everywhere, shoddy TV performances, the reality tv show, really exposed her commericial and talent decline and made ridicule of her personal life.

Janet should just continue what she's doing, minimal promo, album and tour. I don't think there are any big exclusive platforms to perform or give interviews anymore aside from the televised music awards like the Grammys, the VMAs, Billboard music awards and the American Music Awards.

I agree. The only thing I'd change is that she needs to control her image but release HER OWN content. I use this person ONLY as an example but the way Beyoncé has curated some of her promo and personal content would work for Janet. It would be growth for Janet. She can be as personal as she wants and impersonal as she wants. She doesn't have to wait for tv interviews. That's an old format. She can do some social media live stuff in the studio and with jimmy/terry. Disable the comments so ppl can't say rude shit & have them speak about the creative process. 

Her promo just needs to be smarter, cleaner, more consistent.