OFFICIAL STATE OF THE WORLD TOUR THREAD

jarrylf

Ok so now that we've all digested the announcement n talked about setlists n all that shit, what's the next talking point that'll be happening? And when?

BET awards and her opening the show with Control. Swing and everything. 

• Upvote 3

BET awards and her opening the show with Control. Swing and everything. 

that would be amazing if she did open the show but I read somewhere that rehearsals won't begin til July and the awards are in June so unless she has a special rehearsal... won't hold my breath tho 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

So in regard to earlier speculation about dancers it looks like Kyndall and Taylor will be rejoining the tour. It makes me think that maybe they won't be changing much/anything, everything has been bought and paid for it's just a case of completing the tour.

So in regard to earlier speculation about dancers it looks like Kyndall and Taylor will be rejoining the tour. It makes me think that maybe they won't be changing much/anything, everything has been bought and paid for it's just a case of completing the tour.

If it's the same then this is not going to be her best tour ever as they have advertised.  I'm still not understanding why no men are dancing. Hopefully there will be.  It's like the tour was censored a bit last time for the kids but the fans are grown.  

So bc two dancers are returning, it means that the tour's staying the same? Illogical much?

She changed the name and the promotion of the tour. To "think" that means the tour is just going to stay the same is idiotic 

• Upvote 1

If it's the same then this is not going to be her best tour ever as they have advertised.  I'm still not understanding why no men are dancing. Hopefully there will be.  It's like the tour was censored a bit last time for the kids but the fans are grown.  

Unbreakable was a great show and her stating "it's her best tour ever" is just a slogan. Don't read too far into it... it's for hype (every tour is Janet's greatest)

Continuing with two female dancers doesn't mean anything

Janet doesn't need to sexualize her tour to be great. She doesn't need to grind and kiss some random fan on stage either. 

Edited by State of the Game
  • Upvote 1

So bc two dancers are returning, it means that the tour's staying the same? Illogical much?

She changed the name and the promotion of the tour. To "think" that means the tour is just going to stay the same is idiotic 

Not necessarily, it makes sense having the same dancers, they know all the choreography already and already have costumes. I am just starting to think that fans in general jumped the gun when she announced the continuation of the tour and her separation from Wissam and automatically thought she would bring the sexier costumes and male dancers back. Just because the name has changed and there is new artwork doesn't mean the content is new. It could just be rebranding.

?

Not necessarily, it makes sense having the same dancers, they know all the choreography already and already have costumes. I am just starting to think that fans in general jumped the gun when she announced the continuation of the tour and her separation from Wissam and automatically thought she would bring the sexier costumes and male dancers back. Just because the name has changed and there is new artwork doesn't mean the content is new. It could just be rebranding.

?

It's not just bc they know the choreography.

It is not a continuation of the Unbreakable tour. That's why it's called SOTW Tour. She's expected to add new music as well as change the set list based on the theme. 

You cant change theme and play the same tune

It's not a rebrand... it's a new tour

Edited by State of the Game

Unbreakable was a great show and her stating "it's her best tour ever" is just a slogan. Don't read too far into it... it's for hype (every tour is Janet's greatest)

Continuing with two female dancers doesn't mean anything

Janet doesn't need to sexualize her tour to be great. She doesn't need to grind and kiss some random fan on stage either. 

having male dancers has nothing to do with being sexualized. There are certain routines which require men.  It just seems they were cut because children were there.  The fanbase is adults.  They should get the real versions of the routines. 

having male dancers has nothing to do with being sexualized. There are certain routines which require men.  It just seems they were cut because children were there.  The fanbase is adults.  They should get the real versions of the routines. 

She hasn't done IF with a male counterpart in a while. 

Get over it. You're still gonna buy a ticket

• Upvote 1

They were cut because of her husband. He's the reason she wouldn't even touch or stand next to another man for years. Just look at how awkward she looked with J.Cole in the music video for "No Sleeep." Given such a sensual song, for her to be fully clothed and not even embrace the male counterpart on the song, it was very obvious it was because of Wissam. That video was not the Janet I know.

And I do agree with your point that the real versions need to return. The kids are irrelevant to me, but the new If routine is awful. There are certain routines you just don't modify: Rhythm Nation and If are two of them. If it comes to a point when she can't meet the physical demands of the original choreography, then she just need not perform it. But don't truncate the routine with choreography that looks horrid next to the greatness of Tina Landon's.

• Upvote 1

in awhile meaning since her last tour before she was inshallaing. Buying a ticket or not the routine needs men. 

I was perfectly fine without the men, especially the feminized dancers that had performed it on UCAP. They didn't add anything to the performance that it didn't have without their presence on Unbreakable. When I watch UB the routine worked perfectly & looked great. It doesn't NEED men. 

I was perfectly fine without the men, especially the feminized dancers that had performed it on UCAP. They didn't add anything to the performance that it didn't have without their presence on Unbreakable. When I watch UB the routine worked perfectly & looked great. It doesn't NEED men. 

I somewhat agree with this... I would have preferred there to be male dancers as well, unless it would have been the same scenario as the guys she had on UCAP... and having male dancers means that she won't have the two "Littles" then I'd prefer she keeps it that way because my 8yo daughter is looking forward to seeing them again in October, like she did in SF during the UB stop..

Ok so now that we've all digested the announcement n talked about setlists n all that shit, what's the next talking point that'll be happening? And when?

the next talking point is the new music, when its released, which Im sure there will be a count down and how much of it she gives us......I'm still all about a new album or at the least an EP of several new tracks for the fans that have waited and stayed loyal ...I do believe Janet isnt going to disappoint

• Upvote 2

I somewhat agree with this... I would have preferred there to be male dancers as well, unless it would have been the same scenario as the guys she had on UCAP... and having male dancers means that she won't have the two "Littles" then I'd prefer she keeps it that way because my 8yo daughter is looking forward to seeing them again in October, like she did in SF during the UB stop..

Yea honestly, to me, these last dancers were honestly the best group of dancers Janet has had since maybe RWU tour. These girls outside of Janet's choreography are epic on their own. The YouTube videos of them are crazy. They can hold their own. If Janet does as men back in I think it would be nice to see guys like Nick Bass & some of the other guys who add a more rugged dynamic. 

When that happens it also shows how great Janet is being able to keep up with it & it's an energy balance. 

• Upvote 1

Yea honestly, to me, these last dancers were honestly the best group of dancers Janet has had since maybe RWU tour. These girls outside of Janet's choreography are epic on their own. The YouTube videos of them are crazy. They can hold their own. If Janet does as men back in I think it would be nice to see guys like Nick Bass & some of the other guys who add a more rugged dynamic. 

When that happens it also shows how great Janet is being able to keep up with it & it's an energy balance. 

I concur.. I think the dancers from TVR tour are my favorite but RWU is a VERY CLOSE 2nd place..

• Upvote 1

:sigh:  dare I have an opinion :whistle:    I think Janet has had the best dancers of any artist, and those who audition for Janet it means the world to them to be a Janet dancer, I was just watching some footage of dancer auditions from Janet's tours and these kids really work hard to come thru....now whose the best? I thought the balance in VR was beautiful, If I had any reservations it would be with choreography and the "flow" that was created for eras after Tina ...honey its time to bring back some men on that stage, its an easy way to add flavor, all women just doesnt feel like Janet, esp tomboy Janet with baseball hats to this day ..gurl no!!!....show that sass....get us....I wanna see them do that...Janet has songs that its cute to see her perform "Nasty" against the boys ...like gurl "im not a prude I just want some respect" !!!!! YAAAASSS!!!!

Edited by Bailey.
  • Upvote 1