OFFICIAL STATE OF THE WORLD TOUR THREAD

jarrylf

Super small tidbit I noticed about the opening/intro..
When her voice from " Scream" comes on ("omg can't believe what I saw...") and she finishes that line with "...all the injustice," you can hear that she left in Mike's voice also (he too says "all the injustice" after Janet says it twice).. not a big deal or anything but still cool

• Upvote 1

You literally just bragged about Janet selling out two other shows without promo.. :blink: but all of a sudden Austin, TX is suddenly the benchmark?

Yeah and? Am I supposed to be happy and cheerful that she didn't even sell out half of 10,000 seats?:wacko: Did I not just say that's what happens when you don't promote? Did I not just say I bought my tickets to 2 shows for the next 2 months? Do you even have your ticket? Are you even going to see her twice or nah? Ok then thanks :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

DasSad please, can you STFU. Always making some uncalled for snarky ass comment about Janet. You really come off like an undercover Madonna fan. We don't wanna hear your bullshit

take your sensitive ass somewhere else then. how the fuck am I coming off as a Madonna fan by telling the delusionals in this fanbase the truth. Everything I have said has come to pass. Get your head out of your ass.  

she did the crying thing during the Janet era. She is an actress and a performer so it is not strange to think that this is acting after 5 shows breaking down at the exact same part of the song. 

• Upvote 1

And we're pointing out one that did bad out of the other 3 that were sold out.. ok? And? 

Bad is like 70%, or even 60%. This is 47%. This is hard to overlook.

Not bad considering the public only just found out she was going on tour opening night last week.

I'm sensing some shade here, but I'll let it slide. <_<

Yeah and? Am I supposed to be happy and cheerful that she didn't even sell out half of 10,000 seats?:wacko: 

Then Explain Houston then. She didn’t promote there either :blink: 

I don’t care how many shows either of us are going to. That doesn’t mean anything :sigh: You’re just bragging about going to two shows meanwhile I’m going to three

You’re only taking things at face value now? 

You gonna ignore the fact that Janet performed in a university arena? You gonna ignore the fact that many touring artists don’t perform in Austin, TX? 

You’re only taking things at face value now? 

You gonna ignore the fact that Janet performed in a university arena? You gonna ignore the fact that many touring artists don’t perform in Austin, TX? 

bro Austin is one of the biggest music cities in America.. a ton of acts perform there..

have you never heard of SXSW..?! 

I appreciate your defense of that show's results, especially considering she seemingly did so well in the shows leading up to Austin, but you can't polish a turd with this one.. 

onto the next.

• Upvote 2

Realistically TX was just too saturated. Even though Austin is hot right now, the market size was still too modest for an arena show. 

I don't think San Antonio is gonna do too hot either. Live Nation should have consolidated those dates.

I'd rather see how some of the later dates are doing.

bro Austin is one of the biggest music cities in America.. a ton of acts perform there..

have you never heard of SXSW..?! 

I appreciate your defense of that show's results, especially considering she seemingly did so well in the shows leading up to Austin, but you can't polish a turd with this one.. 

onto the next.

Austin is so big in music... Beyonce hasn’t stepped foot in that city for a concert... Pink either. Madonna hasn’t been in the last five of her tours

Not polishing a turd. Just Noticing a trend 

Edited by State of the Game
  • Upvote 2

Jeez....y'all gotta chill in here. Janet is doing damn great for someone with her most recent tour track record. You gotta remember a lot of people are still very upset with the way The Unbreakable tour turned out. A lot of folks complained about not being able to get their money back. Hell one person even sued Live Nation. Despite that Janet is still able to sell these tickets. I don't get why she has so many dates in Texas tho. Houston and Dallas should have been enough. Regardless I'm still glad she kept her word and is back on tour. With all she's going through it would have been easier to just let this tour go and go heal and be with her son. She kept her word! She's back! And she giving her fans a real show. Y'all gotta learn to appreciate what's given especially right now. Love you Janet!

• Upvote 4

Austin is so big in music... Beyonce hasn’t stepped foot in that city for a concert... Pink either. Madonna hasn’t been in the last five of her tours

Not polishing a turd. Just Noticing a trend 

Not many artist visit Austin, but I think thats now starting to change due their population growth in recent years. Rihanna visited during her last tour and sold out. But honestly, Janet should have just done one city. Austin is only an hour and half from San Antonio. 

Yeah it's bad and they know it.   

Then Explain Houston then. She didn’t promote there either. I don’t care how many shows either of us are going to:blink:. That doesn’t mean anything :sigh: You’re just bragging about going to two shows meanwhile I’m going to three

What do I need to explain about Houston? That's great that it did well even tho she didn't promote. Houston knows her very well and she's performed there on all of her tours that she completed. What else? I along with many others probably including yourself expect her to sell at least half of every date she has on any tour she does. Why wouldn't she be able to?Does that mean we can't express ourselves when the Legendary Queen wasn't able to sell half of 10,000 tickets? Are you really trying to say that's a good look? I could also brag about how many shows i've seen over you period but I digress. Let's not get on memorabilia. 

Edited by JoeJoe
  • Upvote 2

^ I don't think many are saying it isn't bad, but rather calm the panic. And people need to understand the Live Nation picks the cities not Janet.

The only ones panicking are the ones who got pressed by me just saying "Eww". Then I even brushed it off and said oh well it happens when you don't promote and that I was glad I got my tickets which clearly showed it wasn't a big deal. They took it and made it into some big ass debate like they've been doing the past few weeks about other people's feelings and opinions. Stuff like that is what's been causing a lot of back and forth on this board. Worried about someone else's opinion and/or facts.

• Upvote 1

^ I don't think many are saying it isn't bad, but rather calm the panic. And people need to understand the Live Nation picks the cities not Janet.

if Janet does well, the same person celebrates it. If Janet does poorly then that same person criticizes her :blink: 

Fair weather fans are the absolute worst in any fandom

Edited by State of the Game
  • Upvote 1

if Janet does well, the same person celebrates it. If Janet does poorly then that same person criticizes her :blink: 

Fair weather fans are the absolute worst in any fandom

Who has fans who don't celebrate when they do well? :crazy: Boy please where did I criticize Janet? Everybody knows i'm far from a fair weather fan so stop with the bullshit and start using phrases accordingly. You a 2001 fan so let's not play games here.