OFFICIAL STATE OF THE WORLD TOUR THREAD

jarrylf

A LOT OF LEGENDS ARE ON GROUPON! 

Mariah is on there 

Madonna was on there with her last tour 

Hell Madonna and Mariah advertised their tours on gay hook up apps like Grindr and Jackd! Its a different time. Janet is def not the only one.

Mariah isn’t a touring artist but Madonna is. Yeah not to mention her Grindr ads ugh 

>_< All three of those artists are touring artist. 

Who cares if it’s on Groupon. Grow the fuck up and get over it

How about you stop worrying about my opinions just like nobody's worried about your raggedy ass opinion? Now you grow the fuck up and get over it cause my opinion ain't gon change. #DEAL

How about you stop worrying about my opinions just like nobody's worried about your raggedy ass opinion? Now you grow the fuck up and get over it cause my opinion ain't gon change. #DEAL

How about you stop thinking your opinions don’t deserved to be shitted on.

Your opinion neither matters nor make sense. You’re going to buy a ticket, if you already haven’t and that’s all that matters.  It’s illogical but you already knew that. 

Use your brain for once instead of spewing nonsense on a forum ??

Edited by State of the Game

How about you stop thinking your opinions don’t deserved to be shitted on.

Your opinion neither matters nor make sense. You’re going to buy a ticket, if you already haven’t and that’s all that matters.  It’s illogical but you already knew that. 

Use your brain for once instead of spewing nonsense on a forum ??

what does using your brain have to do with an opinion of a fuckin' groupon deal? Didn't I say IDGAF if other artists are using it? Use your brain and stop telling me shit I already said idgaf about lol. Your opinion doesn't matter to me neither and a few others on here feel the same way about you. I said what I said and it's gon be what it's gon be. This the last time i'm addressing you on the subject cause we all know you live for the back and forth drama when there's no need, especially on this matter.

2_zpszf2clyzz.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The parish of Lafayette has declared a state of emergency and a tornado warning, though it's out of Harvey's path. 

Looks like heavy rainfall will occur in Lafayette, but the storm itself will be miles west. Public schools in the city will be closed today and Wednesday. 

Being that some cities in that area are only 13 feet above sea level, there might be flooding in those areas. Lafayette is 36 feet above sea level and won't experience flooding hopefully.

Parts of Louisiana are expecting 15 to 20 inches of rain, so please send out love, well wishes, and donations. I pray that Janet and the team and fans and all of the residents of the area are safe! <3

Edited by Kishi

what does using your brain have to do with an opinion of a fuckin' groupon deal? Didn't I say IDGAF if other artists are using it? Use your brain and stop telling me shit I already said idgaf about lol. Your opinion doesn't matter to me neither and a few others on here feel the same way about you. I said what I said and it's gon be what it's gon be. This the last time i'm addressing you on the subject cause we all know you live for the back and forth drama when there's no need, especially on this matter.

2_zpszf2clyzz.gif

If you have to ask that shit of a question then you’re not thinking

Please don’t use my quote against me until you use your brain in this circumstance. Period. 

I never stated my opinion so..... :blink: 

The parish of Lafayette has declared a state of emergency and a tornado warning, though it's out of Harvey's path. 

Looks like heavy rainfall will occur in Lafayette, but the storm itself will be miles west. Public schools in the city will be closed today and Wednesday. 

Being that some cities in that area are only 13 feet above sea level, there might be flooding in those areas. Lafayette is 36 feet above sea level and won't experience flooding hopefully.

Parts of Louisiana are expecting 15 to 20 inches of rain, so please send out love, well wishes, and donations. I pray that Janet and the team and fans and all of the residents of the area are safe! <3

This storm may save her from embarrassment because that show would have been cancelled anyway and she would have has to make up another excuse.  Vocals or whatever.  That seating chart is depressing.  

• Downvote 2

I cant be bothered over sales, and its not that they dont matter, for me the bigger picture is getting to see Janet live post separation and motherhood and seeing what that looks like live, what changes will I notice? What space is Janet Jackson in now? Bothering with seating charts, and miscellaneous items seems like territory we've covered so much, and yes Im guilty of buying into the charts, sales, and whatever else, but now Im like lets move on :sigh: I just wanna see Janet slay live again and I wish her the best on this next journey B)B)

• Upvote 2

I cant be bothered over sales, and its not that they dont matter, for me the bigger picture is getting to see Janet live post separation and motherhood and seeing what that looks like live, what changes will I notice? What space is Janet Jackson in now? Bothering with seating charts, and miscellaneous items seems like territory we've covered so much, and yes Im guilty of buying into the charts, sales, and whatever else, but now Im like lets move on :sigh: I just wanna see Janet slay live again and I wish her the best on this next journey B)B)

Some people are delusional. I’m glad you finally see the light. 

• Upvote 3

I'm excited but I still can't help to think why doesn't she ever promote. It she has a message than what's her team thinking ?   Sure her team talk it up but we know how talk turns out. it gives me more anxiety than gay dating.  I know I will have a great time regardless.  if there really is new music or if it's  really a new show or a rehash of the other tours with only one costume,  My expectations are the lowest for her than they have ever been. I hope she really has us fooled.  At least for the shows I'm going they are pretty much sold out so I won't be embarrassed  about about still being a hardcore fan and can still maintain my bragging rights for her beast performance style.   

• Upvote 2

I'm excited but I still can't help to think why doesn't she ever promote. It she has a message than what's her team thinking ?   Sure her team talk it up but we know how talk turns out. it gives me more anxiety than gay dating.  I know I will have a great time regardless.  if there really is new music or if it's  really a new show or a rehash of the other tours with only one costume,  My expectations are the lowest for her than they have ever been. I hope she really has us fooled.  At least for the shows I'm going they are pretty much sold out so I won't be embarrassed  about about still being a hardcore fan and can still maintain my bragging rights for her beast performance style.   

maybe, and this is my lil theory here :rolleyes: maybe a brand, like Janet Jackson, has a limited market saturation, and that saturation can be achieved with minimal monies and energy devoted to advertising ....she has a fan base that sold out venues in 2015 and took her last album to number one, all achieved with zero promo..ultimately it does sound somewhat off kilter to have zero promotion going for a trek as huge as 53 cities.  But I dont see Lady Gaga doing that either, and she's on tour, I can't recall any promotion post SB.

I have had some reservations about going to shows where the sell out isnt even close, a few of which are within a reasonable reach for me, Toledo, Detroit and Grand Rapids I think are over reaching for the same territory within two hours or less driving time. I would have shut Toledo down, I cannot recall her every playing there, nor is it a big enough city to garner the response she could get playing multiple dates in larger markets, like LA, or NY

Edited by Bailey.
  • Upvote 1

maybe, and this is my lil theory here :rolleyes: maybe a brand, like Janet Jackson, has a limited market saturation, and that saturation can be achieved with minimal monies and energy devoted to advertising ....she has a fan base that sold out venues in 2015 and took her last album to number one, all achieved with zero promo..ultimately it does sound somewhat off kilter to have zero promotion going for a trek as huge as 53 cities.  But I dont see Lady Gaga doing that either, and she's on tour, I can't recall any promotion post SB.

I have had some reservations about going to shows where the sell out isnt even close, a few of which are within a reasonable reach for me, Toledo, Detroit and Grand Rapids I think are over reaching for the same territory within two hours or less driving time. I would have shut Toledo down, I cannot recall her every playing there, nor is it a big enough city to garner the response she could get playing multiple dates in larger markets, like LA, or NY

Toledo (her first time there) has actually been doing better than Detroit and Grand Rapids. Since she already did Grand Rapids for UWT (and didn't even sell out), I think keeping Detroit is smart as a big market and get a healthy gross from Toledo, even though it's also super close to Columbus (also doing well) and Cleveland.

Janet did oversaturate this same area for the janet World Tour, going to Cincinnati 2xs, Fairborn, Richfield 2xs, Columbus, and Cuyahoga Falls. 

Edited by Kishi

Toledo (her first time there) has actually been doing better than Detroit and Grand Rapids. Since she already did Grand Rapids for UWT (and didn't even sell out), I think keeping Detroit is smart as a big market and get a healthy gross from Toledo, even though it's also super close to Columbus (also doing well) and Cleveland.

Janet did oversaturate this same area for the janet World Tour, going to Cincinnati 2xs, Fairborn, Richfield 2xs, Columbus, and Cuyahoga Falls. 

saturation during the Janet. tour was in keeping with demand, she's not the artist that dominated the 90's like she did during Janet. And I was at the Grand Rapids show it was about 85% sold out and that's not bad, she packed it in and folks I wouldnt have thought would go were there, it was like Janet had her magic back

I wouldn’t say Toledo is super close to either CLE or CBus.. like I wouldn’t go see a concert in Toledo or Columbus. 

I went all the way to Detroit for RWU... Surprisingly she came to CLE for #1s but it was a smaller venue. This is her first time at the Q arena since AFY

FYI: My brother decided to take his gF (now wife) there instead of me <_< 

Edited by State of the Game

i agree wholeheartedly, but I honestly think the other stuff from fans mainly  stems from  not wanting to see her legacy tarnished or the media/bashers talk of "cancelled shows". I don't think there is anything necessarily wrong with that as long as it not a main focus.

Just saw the seating chart. Those nose bleeds are kinda full. They can always close the curtains at the top and move everyone to lower level. It won't look bad at all and plus a lot of people like to get tickets last min anyway. It'll be fine. Live Nation not worried nor is Janet. 

which show is that? The Lafayette show the whole floor is pretty much still full. And the bowl areas

which show is that? The Lafayette show the whole floor is pretty much still full. And the bowl areas

I guess you meant empty, But yes those who bought the nose bleeds can be moved to lower level and floor if need be and it will look fool. But I'm not going to that show so can careless really. lol I Just wanna see how the show is gonna be and how she will look.

If she only did one spot on Carpool Karaoke I think that's all that it would take to get her back into the current cultural topic of conversation and get more tix sold.. and that would be dope cuz she'd be able to basically control the entire thing, from which songs they play, to what topics are brought up, to the final edit (in part, at least).. but idk.. maybe once the first show happens and the word of mouth and social media vids get out the sales will generate themselves 

• Upvote 3

The basics without exclusive access are back to talking: Radar Online

Janet Jackson is planning revenge on Wissam Al Mana — and her sexy “State of the World” tour will have him fuming, RadarOnline.com can exclusively reveal.

Jackson, 51, is set to start her 56-city comeback tour on Sept. 7, and insiders tell Radar that her performances will be as “nasty” as possible to get back at her 42-year-old soon-to-be ex!

“The show is going to be so hot they may have to ban kids,” the insider told Radar. “Janet is planning a bevy of sexy moves that will include lap dances, where she will pull random fans — male and female — on stage for some white-hot fun.”

“Her fans will get everything they’ve been previously accustomed to — and more,” the insider added, noting that her new routines are extremely “raunchy!”

Radar exclusively reported that the “All For You” hitmaker started losing her baby weight and hitting the rehearsal studios in preparation for the tour earlier this month.

Jackson and the Qatari billionaire tied the knot in 2012, and she was quick to conform to his strict interpretation of Islam as she spent five years draped in burkas. They welcomed their son Eissa in January 2017, but his birth wasn’t enough to save their marriage.

“Janet repressed so much that she nearly died of anxiety and boredom,” the insider explained.

The couple decided to divorce in April 2017, and is still battling over custody of their son.