OFFICIAL STATE OF THE WORLD TOUR THREAD

jarrylf

This is one thing I can thank him for. I think he's the reason why there's no WYM type songs on UB. And Janet probably would've done some shit live had he not stepped in and told her to tone it down. 

uggghh nooooooo, this fails to give Janet actual credit to think for herself, I dont think Wissam had some control over her, as evidenced by her stating "she" decided to separate from her husband, thats a boss bitch move, "it wasnt working out"  ...Now seeing how Janet has aged, she has done so as she has done so much else in her life, with grace and dignity. I dont think post motherhood Janet would ever consider grinding on stage doing lap dances, and to suggest her husband was to credit for this gives Janet zero due :filenails: I understand calling spades spades, but a queen trumps that shit -_-

This is one thing I can thank him for. I think he's the reason why there's no WYM type songs on UB. And Janet probably would've done some shit live had he not stepped in and told her to tone it down. 

I think everyone forgets where Janet was in life when she got with Wissam. She just lost her brother to a battle with addiction fueled by the evils of the industry, she had just went through a major label dispute & split after battling the evils of the industry, she had just gone through a breakup that despite how fans believe it to be she still loved him but seemed to be tired of their whirlwind of shit. 

She was SO TIRED of the industry & the music business. She even admitted in interviews if she could do it all over again she can't say she would. She was already, very ready to be more conservative. The sexualized act grew old, but she was stuck inside of a branding web where all she was known for to the mainstream was sex songs & failing career. 

Being who JANET IS she did what she always does, go inward, private, & seeked God. The number ones despite the marketing ploy was a move for business reestablish tour brand & show live nation she was more than what happened with RWU tour. But once those obligations were over she wanted space...

In walks Wissam - devote, established, & an outsider to the world of American entertainment. Together they can duck off & God (whatever the faith) is a constant here. He was the right choice for the right time. He gave her what she was missing & looking for. 

All that to say, she was killing off the sexual element around then anyway. She had already done it all & it was old now. She was ready for legacy not just entertainment. 

• Upvote 2

I think everyone forgets where Janet was in life when she got with Wissam. She just lost her brother to a battle with addiction fueled by the evils of the industry, she had just went through a major label dispute & split after battling the evils of the industry, she had just gone through a breakup that despite how fans believe it to be she still loved him but seemed to be tired of their whirlwind of shit. 

She was SO TIRED of the industry & the music business. She even admitted in interviews if she could do it all over again she can't say she would. She was already, very ready to be more conservative. The sexualized act grew old, but she was stuck inside of a branding web where all she was known for to the mainstream was sex songs & failing career. 

Being who JANET IS she did what she always does, go inward, private, & seeked God. The number ones despite the marketing ploy was a move for business reestablish tour brand & show live nation she was more than what happened with RWU tour. But once those obligations were over she wanted space...

In walks Wissam - devote, established, & an outsider to the world of American entertainment. Together they can duck off & God (whatever the faith) is a constant here. He was the right choice for the right time. He gave her what she was missing & looking for. 

All that to say, she was killing off the sexual element around then anyway. She had already done it all & it was old now. She was ready for legacy not just entertainment. 

that statement she made still raises my eyebrows because that would mean so much "Janet" we loved would never have existed... :( 

I still think even here there's an under-estimation of the growth of a person, no matter the fame nor fortune. I think Wissam as you stated offered her a life removed from all she had known, only to discover that life wasn't what she truly needed. I think as so many couples do, people tell themselves they can do this and that for someone, and we convince ourselves these things are true, when they are not. I think Wissam thought he could handle being married to Janet Jackson, probably not truly understanding what that meant. When one considers the life Janet has had, all of the men she had been with up until Wissam, had substantial involvement in her entertainment career. Wissam was very different from the men she had been with, I think too Wissam told himself he could do things he ultimately couldnt do.

Sadly. That and they never want to blame Janet. They always place the blame elsewhere when it comes to Janet (I think most fan bases are like that though) 

Janet doesn’t want to promote.. Get over it (not you.. them) and Enjoy the awesome show she’s about to deliver ?

You do the same thing

and i'm so glad. I got tired of the explicit sexual stuff like WYM, Moist, Warmth, but I did like Curtains and Let Me Know on the "Discipline" album.

• Upvote 1

and i'm so glad. I got tired of the explicit sexual stuff like WYM, Moist, Warmth, but I did like Curtains and Let Me Know on the "Discipline" album.

I truly believe Janet did the sex thing because people were telling her to stop, and she did what she wanted and the end of that was on her terms, she did it in her time, I tip my hat to her for that sex or not. :coffee: She said Ima do me and fuck what you think, how bout that? :filenails: boss bitch B)

Edited by Bailey.

Apparently Gil did another IG live stream this past Saturday.. here are a few details he spilled about SOTW:

He said "Unbreakable is doooooooooone!!!!!"
The Black Eagle was left with Unbreakable (new intro confirmed?)
The museum & archives will not be included in SOTW. That was a Live Nation idea & it won't be back.
He said bring tissues. Apparently there will be an extremely emotional component to the show. 
There will be costume changes. 
There will be new tourbook and merch.  

• Upvote 1

Apparently Gil did another IG live stream this past Saturday.. here are a few details he spilled about SOTW:

He said "Unbreakable is doooooooooone!!!!!"
The Black Eagle was left with Unbreakable (new intro confirmed?)
The museum & archives will not be included in SOTW. That was a Live Nation idea & it won't be back.
He said bring tissues. Apparently there will be an extremely emotional component to the show. 
There will be costume changes. 
There will be new tourbook and merch.  

This is all i'm pretty much concerned about for this tour setup. As far as the tourbook and merch of course there will be. Doesn't she always? She'll be gettin my coins!

I don't recall Unbreakable having a tour book? did it? 

Unbreakable Tour had a tour book. It was available to purchase at the different venues and was also available to purchase on Janet's online store on her website. I purchased my Unbreakable Tour tour book early on in the Unbreakable Tour from Janet's website store (http://janetjackson.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/artist?artistName=Janet+Jackson&sourceCode=JJAWEBWWUSD). As of  right now today the Unbreakable Tour tour book is still available to purchase from Janet's online store along with some of the other merchandise that was available during the Unbreakable Tour. But I'm thinking very soon (shortly after the tour starts) the website's store is going to be updated with new merchandise and the State Of The World Tour tour book (so the Unbreakable Tour/Era merchandise might not be available for that much longer).

Also here are the photos that were included in the Unbreakable Tour  tour book:

http://www.janetbr.com/gallery/portfolio/solaiman-fazel-set1-2015/

http://www.janetbr.com/gallery/portfolio/solaiman-fazel-set2-2015/

http://www.janetbr.com/gallery/portfolio/solaiman-fazel-set3-2015/

http://www.janetbr.com/gallery/portfolio/solaiman-fazel-set4-2015/

• Upvote 1

Ive been wondering something. I know she said the tour won't be about politics but Janet has so many socially consciences songs it be hard to avoid. The two tour teasers referenced RN and new agenda.  In the crazy current political climate it just makes sense I guess  

1 more Day!!!

• Upvote 1

Ive been wondering something. I know she said the tour won't be about politics but Janet has so many socially consciences songs it be hard to avoid. The two tour teasers referenced RN and new agenda.  In the crazy current political climate it just makes sense I guess  

1 more Day!!!

I'm guessing she's going to touch on social issues; she just won't mention any political figures or parties.

1 more Day!!!

from her official website:

The tour is a continuation of the Unbreakable tour and will include fan favorites from her chart-topping ‘Unbreakable’ album, an array of her socially conscious music she’s released throughout her career, and other smash hits and soon-to-be released new tracks with a state of the art live production!

The tour is a continuation of the Unbreakable tour and will include fan favorites from her chart-topping ‘Unbreakable’ album, an array of her socially conscious music she’s released throughout her career, and other smash hits and soon-to-be released new tracks with a state of the art live production!

Well I mean yeah, we all read this before.  But they always say that about her tours...just wondering about specifics.

• Upvote 1

So does that mean Gil is lying or nah since he said "Unbreakable" is done. We'll see soon enough.

Unbreakable Tour had a tour book. It was available to purchase at the different venues and was also available to purchase on Janet's online store on her website. I purchased my Unbreakable Tour tour book early on in the Unbreakable Tour from Janet's website store (http://janetjackson.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/artist?artistName=Janet+Jackson&sourceCode=JJAWEBWWUSD). As of  right now today the Unbreakable Tour tour book is still available to purchase from Janet's online store along with some of the other merchandise that was available during the Unbreakable Tour. But I'm thinking very soon (shortly after the tour starts) the website's store is going to be updated with new merchandise and the State Of The World Tour tour book (so the Unbreakable Tour/Era merchandise might not be available for that much longer).

Also here are the photos that were included in the Unbreakable Tour  tour book:

http://www.janetbr.com/gallery/portfolio/solaiman-fazel-set1-2015/

http://www.janetbr.com/gallery/portfolio/solaiman-fazel-set2-2015/

http://www.janetbr.com/gallery/portfolio/solaiman-fazel-set3-2015/

http://www.janetbr.com/gallery/portfolio/solaiman-fazel-set4-2015/

Thank you!

• Upvote 1