OFFICIAL STATE OF THE WORLD TOUR THREAD

jarrylf

full setlist:

Here's the full setlist. If you notice any mistakes let me know and I'll update.

The Knowledge
State of The World
BURNITUP!
Nasty
Feedback
Miss You Much
Alright
You Want This
Control
Lately
Pleasure Principle
Escapade
When I Think of You
All For You
All Nite (Don't Stop)
Love Will Never Do
24 Play
Where Are You Now
Come Back To Me
Body That Loves You
Spending Time With You
No Sleeep
Got Til It's Gone
That's The Way Love Goes
Island Life
Together Again
What About
If
Rhythm Nation
Black Eagle
New Agenda
Dammn Baby/I Get Lonely
Well Traveled

are you fuckin' serious?!!! :o

• Upvote 1

I got to chat with Gil before and after the show.

Same with Whyley he's cool. Spoke to all of the dancers. 

Gil and Whyley came to the meet up. Very friendly and took pictures with us. They hung out for 30 minutes or more.

Fans came from everywhere...love them. So nice. 

Tyler Perry and some of the Haves and The Have Nots cast were there (the ones who play the president, Wyatt, and Hannah). I said hi to all of them.

I was interviewed twice!!!

wait did you guys have a set meet up? Or was this like the hospitality package? :unsure:  I still wanna know, silly as it is :rolleyes:  how was the beer, appetizers, and whatever else? I wanna know :lmao: gurl what she serving?

It's kinda empty in here but my seat upgraded so I ain't tripping!

Well she didn't promote so no surprise there but now she's starting to promote more and word of mouth will get the ball rolling again.

Were those gun shots at the end of what about? My god what did he do?

He was trying to control her just like You, I, and a couple of others tried telling half of these naive fans.

• Upvote 1

PSA....

Attn Janet fans...stop trying to make Empress of Pop happen, it's cringy...Janet is above mortal titles.

Janet does not need to show skin :mellow:..why is it such a big deal that she has her boobs and abs covered?! Get over it! Janet came in the game covered up, let her live. 

• Upvote 3

PSA....

Attn Janet fans...stop trying to make Empress of Pop happen, it's cringy...Janet is above mortal titles.

Janet does not need to show skin :mellow:..why is it such a big deal that she has her boobs and abs covered?! Get over it! Janet came in the game covered up, let her live. 

I think being covered up is appropriate for her. Although her body is sickening, in her 50s she might not wanna be showing all her body to folks

• Upvote 6

Apparently there was zero pyro included in the show... that's fine, the lighting seemed sufficient, although it would've been nice if she kept Scream included in the setlist, it had to go eventually.. and if it meant that we got all these never-performed tracks now, then I'm good with it!

PSA....

PREACH!....so I was reading right, on someone's Twitter, and they hastaged "Empress of Pop" and this is not my first time encountering this phrase, however it is one of multiple times when reading the phrase "Empress of Pop" I CRINGE!!!!!  like stop that shit <_< forcing on Janet Jackson a title, seems and feels like what it is.....FORCED!  Im still trying to deal with our base being named JanFam, not that its terrible like "Empress of Pop" I feel like ordering the Kung Pao Chicken -_-

Edited by Bailey.
  • Upvote 1

PSA....

Yeah they need to just continue to call her Queen of Pop and I don't care if that title is also associated with Madonna. Both are called it but to me Janet is.

let me ...ALL OF YOU.....let me please just have this moment.....bow you're heads :cry:   let the church say, Amen, to finally, I said what? AMEN!!!!   to finally seeing Janet lose them dayum Harem pants. Whether you gave a fuck or not, let me have this pleassseee  :lmao:   thank ha praise ha ...Goddess :lol:

Edited by Bailey.
  • Upvote 6

Honestly??? The Body That Loves You took me tf out. I was NOT expecting that. That is my song. Elevator jam. 

The crowd was so fucking dead. I was the only one standing in my section. The aunties surrounding me were SHOOK that I knew every song and all the lyrics DSFGHJFDSFGHJGFDGHJKL; "Janet needs to hire you!!" Girl.

Black Eagle was the funniest. My stan circle friends know that is my song. So when it came on, Of COURSE know one knew it. Y'all know how ambient the song is. Imagine a dead quiet ass arena and my gay ass yelling "ONCE YOU KNOW, YOU CAN'T NOT KNOW YASSSSS"

Everyone in the sections surrounding me had to do a double take aSDFGHDSADFGH. I was living and they couldn't take. 

The setlist made it clear. This is strictly for the fans. and thats not even some stan copout. She dgaf about how the tour does as far as sales. She doing this for us and I'm very glad she upped the production and catered the whole show to us!

The tour book is pretty nice too. Last minute ofc, but some great bts pics and proof that she is recording again (with JJ&TL).

I kinda wanna go again. I really wish I was with the other fans on the floor but y'all like 10 years older than me and have salaries so never happening. But I was the only one lit in my vicinity!

But BLESSED to FINALLY see her live. I am so happy! S/o to Groupon!!!

• Upvote 12

The intro yall DFGHJKHGFDXGHJK

Lafayette is like Alt-right/Klan capital. That black power fist with the soundbite saying Domestic terrorists are responsible for more deaths in america than muslims.... bitch talk about a Mr. Krabs moment. I know the whites were SHOOK. I was living tho. Janet was about to start the race war in lafayette.

and denounced their precious Confederate Flag. My girl!  

• Upvote 4

Honestly??? The Body That Loves You took me tf out. I was NOT expecting that. That is my song. Elevator jam. 

The crowd was so fucking dead. I was the only one standing in my section. The aunties surrounding me were SHOOK that I knew every song and all the lyrics DSFGHJFDSFGHJGFDGHJKL; "Janet needs to hire you!!" Girl.

Black Eagle was the funniest. My stan circle friends know that is my song. So when it came on, Of COURSE know one knew it. Y'all know how ambient the song is. Imagine a dead quiet ass arena and my gay ass yelling "ONCE YOU KNOW, YOU CAN'T NOT KNOW YASSSSS"

Everyone in the sections surrounding me had to do a double take aSDFGHDSADFGH. I was living and they couldn't take. 

The setlist made it clear. This is strictly for the fans. and thats not even some stan copout. She dgaf about how the tour does as far as sales. She doing this for us and I'm very glad she upped the production and catered the whole show to us!

The tour book is pretty nice too. Last minute ofc, but some great bts pics and proof that she is recording again (with JJ&TL).

I kinda wanna go again. I really wish I was with the other fans on the floor but y'all like 10 years older than me and have salaries so never happening. But I was the only one lit in my vicinity!

But BLESSED to FINALLY see her live. I am so happy! S/o to Groupon!!!

lol nice !  I wanna see the show with you. You sound hella fun 

• Upvote 1