OFFICIAL STATE OF THE WORLD TOUR THREAD

jarrylf

So I have the hospitality package again for tonight. She didn't come to meet fans in Lafayette, but I'm praying that she'll stop in for Houston!! 

But even if she can't, the fact that Janet took the time to visit the shelter, comfort victims, give them and our whole community a positive memory to carry in the midst such heartbreak and devastation. As a fan I'm touched beyond measure. So proud to be a Houstonian and a #JanFam today!!

For those that are waiting to see the tour, do yourself a favor and try NOT to watch the whole thing online. I was screaming from so many surprises... it was incredible. As a fan that missed her bigger tours from yesteryear, this one gives you that experience (only thing missing are the elaborate sets), especially on the energy level.  

Edited by wayneashleymusic
  • Upvote 5

Why is everyone taking the "What About" performance so literal? As if her ex must have laid hands on her, that song embodies more than just physical abuse. It could be other aspects of that song that Janet related to during her marriage. Expand ya comprehension 

Its a very random song to sing and she cried as well and screamed this is me at the end.  So it was more than just a performance.  She didn't get that emotional during this song during velvet rope.  Abuse in any form is the same to me so it was physical.  You see she changed herself for him and had this baby for him at 50 so it was physical ause 

Why is everyone taking the "What About" performance so literal? As if her ex must have laid hands on her, that song embodies more than just physical abuse. It could be other aspects of that song that Janet related to during her marriage. Expand ya comprehension 

It adds to their narrative :rolleyes: 

• Upvote 4

Its a very random song to sing and she cried as well and screamed this is me at the end.  So it was more than just a performance.  She didn't get that emotional during this song during velvet rope.  Abuse in any form is the same to me so it was physical.  You see she changed herself for him and had this baby for him at 50 so it was physical ause 

I agree

You only hear what you wanna hear...What About is not about her relationship but about all of you -_-

Let me clarify...

Once upon a time The Janet and humans were linked. She inspired them. She spoke of A Rhythm Nation. And humans listened and it became real. But humans do not listen very well anymore. Humans need to be in the spotlight on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to slay and own everything led them deeper into Ignorance. So the Janet separated herself from them and soon she felt fed up and uninspired...she stopped trying.

The humans became more and more violent...war upon war...racism upon racism..terror upon terror played out because there was no Janet to listen to. Now after giving birth to a Messiah , Janet is trying to reach The State of The World again. So when she screams 'This is Me' ...she means 'This is You' ..she is back to tell you truth and not old lies.

:rolleyes:

Why are you saying it was more than just a performance? 

Did you even read what I said? Im aware it wasn't just a random  song Janet added to her setlist . I clearly stated she possibly could relate to OTHER aspects of that song other than the physical abuse that you guys wanna just jump DIRECTLY to for some reason. It could have easily been mental abuse. That's my point. Who knows. Abuse is abuse. Let's be clear.

• Upvote 2

you know I thought about it yesterday, after watching the performance, and I really think it leaves a lot to be interpreted, it's a reach to say he laid hands on her because there isnt enough we know to say that happen, not even this song being performed.

• Upvote 2

Why are you saying it was more than just a performance? 

Did you even read what I said? Im aware it wasn't just a random  song Janet added to her setlist . I clearly stated she possibly could relate to OTHER aspects of that song other than the physical abuse that you guys wanna just jump DIRECTLY to for some reason. It could have easily been mental abuse. That's my point. Who knows. Abuse is abuse. Let's be clear.

:good: 

• Upvote 1

Umm she has video of bruises/blood on her face in the video...

that's the point, and? whose to say she had that happen? Whose to say the images aren't meant to convey how she felt about something not a literal interpretation ....no one has ever layed a hand on me but Ive felt like that picture after many relationships....whose to say that's Janet's blood on her face, maybe she went Patricia on him with the golf club and beat his ass and that's his blood and the reason she's smiling in the pic -_-

Edited by Bailey.

You only hear what you wanna hear...What About is not about her relationship but about all of you -_-

Let me clarify...

Once upon a time The Janet and humans were linked. She inspired them. She spoke of A Rhythm Nation. And humans listened and it became real. But humans do not listen very well anymore. Humans need to be in the spotlight on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to slay and own everything led them deeper into Ignorance. So the Janet separated herself from them and soon she felt fed up and uninspired...she stopped trying.

The humans became more and more violent...war upon war...racism upon racism..terror upon terror played out because there was no Janet to listen to. Now after giving birth to a Messiah , Janet is trying to reach The State of The World again. So when she screams 'This is Me' ...she means 'This is You' ..she is back to tell you truth and not old lies.

:rolleyes:

booooo you and yo creole buss tried it <_<

On the subject of the This is me of What about, if you can jump to the assumption that it was about her relationship with her current relationship, it can also be assumed that this being the 1st time she performed the song in almost 20yrs  (18 to be exact) it couldve brought back memories of the past. Its just as much of a possibility. 

• Upvote 2

On the subject of the This is me of What about, if you can jump to the assumption that it was about her relationship with her current relationship, it can also be assumed that this being the 1st time she performed the song in almost 20yrs  (18 to be exact) it couldve brought back memories of the past. Its just as much of a possibility. 

ummm could be, but her saying "Don't let nobody control you" makes me think strictly of Wissam. Both James and Rene have been out of her life for decades....she wasn't talking about them. I give Wissam the benefit of the doubt because I didn't want to feed into the stereotype that all or most Muslim man are controlling. But now when you look back on certain things you can defiantly see that she was bending to all his needs and wants.....she got tried of that shit and bounced.

that's the point, and? whose to say she had that happen? Whose to say the images aren't meant to convey how she felt about something not a literal interpretation ....no one has ever layed a hand on me but Ive felt like that picture after many relationships....whose to say that's Janet's blood on her face, maybe she went Patricia on him with the golf club and beat his ass and that's his blood and the reason she's smiling in the pic -_-

chile really?

I think she would say “this was me”.. I think people forget Janet is an actress.. and that this is a performance. 

Or he could have been abusive. Only Janet & Wissam knows. If she was, I hope she speaks out for other women. Be a voice and not hide it. She’s famous and speaking out would be beneficial to thousands of women across this country. 

• Upvote 2