OFFICIAL STATE OF THE WORLD TOUR THREAD

jarrylf

Toledo show was VERY CUTE!

I did meet up with TDAWESOME from Janet Club and his friend at Ice beforehand for dinner. Nice folks!

It was in the 40s temperature wise outside, but I chatted with fans outside for an hour. Most of the people I spoke to haven't seen her before, but are life time fans. Quite a few teens and kids that are big fans of hers were there with parents who also love her. 

Sat 4 row on the right side. Ran into Bailey, who was sitting right in front of me. 

I've already seen the show once, but seriously, seeing it for the second time was soooo good. I love the setlist, the lights, the dancers, the band, the arrangements, Janet, and the crowd was packed. They were dancing so much when DJ Aktive was playing (he should've played longer, a lot of the audience wanted more of a warm up). 

Loved little moments like Janet waving, blowing a kiss, and looking at me!! During Throb, Janet is having a blast and goofing off. When Alex is dancing, she keeps yelling "Alex! Ar-TIST. Ar-TISTE!" and moving her hands around in a cute way. Dom was going AWF and her earring fell off and Janet picked it up and kept laughing. Guero twerked during his introduction and let's just say I'm in love with him now! :)

The ballads section is my favorite. She totally vibes during this one and she pays close attention to the fans who know the song and sing it out loud or snap fingers or wave their hands. 

I personally love Well Traveled as a song and a closer. No, I don't think it's a farewell to us. People have speculated that she won't be touring anymore since Rockwitchu Tour haha. And she's proven us wrong. I think it's a cute "thank you guys, now go home" song! No more of the typical 

After the show, I spoke to Gil, Allison, Alex, Mishay, and Dom. I appreciate it because it was too cold and they didn't have to come out and see us. It was only about 5 of us, but GIl asked security to open the gate and let us speak to them and get a picture. I know he was cold, wanted to smoke, and get into bed, but he knows us diehard fans are crazy and just want to fawn and fan out. 

So excited for Detroit. I know it's going to be packt and lit!

Edited by Kishi
  • Upvote 7

Toledo show was VERY CUTE!

I did meet up with TDAWESOME from Janet Club and his friend at Ice beforehand for dinner. Nice folks!

It was in the 40s temperature wise outside, but I chatted with fans outside for an hour. Most of the people I spoke to haven't seen her before, but are life time fans. Quite a few teens and kids that are big fans of hers were there with parents who also love her. 

Sat 4 row on the right side. Ran into Bailey, who was sitting right in front of me. 

I've already seen the show once, but seriously, seeing it for the second time was soooo good. I love the setlist, the lights, the dancers, the band, the arrangements, Janet, and the crowd was packed. They were dancing so much when DJ Aktive was playing (he should've played longer, a lot of the audience wanted more of a warm up). 

Loved little moments like Janet waving, blowing a kiss, and looking at me!! During Throb, Janet is having a blast and goofing off. When Alex is dancing, she keeps yelling "Alex! Ar-TIST. Ar-TISTE!" and moving her hands around in a cute way. Dom was going AWF and her earring fell off and Janet picked it up and kept laughing. Guero twerked during his introduction and let's just say I'm in love with him now! :)

The ballads section is my favorite. She totally vibes during this one and she pays close attention to the fans who know the song and sing it out loud or snap fingers or wave their hands. 

I personally love Well Traveled as a song and a closer. No, I don't think it's a farewell to us. People have speculated that she won't be touring anymore since Rockwitchu Tour haha. And she's proven us wrong. I think it's a cute "thank you guys, now go home" song! No more of the typical 

After the show, I spoke to Gil, Allison, Alex, Mishay, and Dom. I appreciate it because it was too cold and they didn't have to come out and see us. It was only about 5 of us, but GIl asked security to open the gate and let us speak to them and get a picture. I know he was cold, wanted to smoke, and get into bed, but he knows us diehard fans are crazy and just want to fawn and fan out. 

So excited for Detroit. I know it's going to be packt and lit!

AWE TD is my buddy! His real name is Brian. We used to talk all the time on the forums when it was Janet-Xone and on yahoo messenger when it was popular lol. We still used to talk on Janet.club before I got banned. I talked to him about a month ago on twitter. He's so nice. I think Bailey has met 2 other people from the forum too. Dom is always going off and when you watch her dance you can see she has fun with it. I love her facial expressions lol. Sounds like you had a great time. 

• Upvote 2

Oh God, I have to follow Kishi's review :lol:

Okay so Im going to try to make this as brief and to the point as possible. The Toledo stop on the tour did very well, it was quite packed and I did not see many empty seats. It was very well received. Janet delivered as always but we have to recognize all of her team in this show, the band, the dancers the creative director, Gil. These folks work so hard and as a die hard fan I have nothing but love for them. I did not take any pictures nor video, the idea just came to me as soon as the show started and I noticed people all around me instead of dancing and jamming out they were standing there holding their phones still. :mellow:  I met Kishi, he is such a sweetheart and so cute :wub: we were like buddies the entire night! I also saw Dom from Xone great guy he's going to Detroit's show tonight too. The setlist was amazing, I purposely limited a lot of my viewing of anything on YT because I did want to be surprised, I did not know how the show ended, but let's say I did end up in tears crying.

At 51, Janet keeps up that energy level, and I give it up for her the respect for having the mental and physical strength to endure a set list as varied as she has and continue to be energetic, I found myself dancing so hard that I only sat down in my chair because I had to rest. I concur with Kishi Janet did look at us a few times I do believe, because when fans dance their asses off Janet feeds on that energy, another reason to put ya damn camera phones down folks :sigh:

I caught up with another long time Janet fan at the show, Matt, he lives in my hometown city, and he was all about going to see the tour buses after the show, so I said sure why not, so with him and Kishi we sat out to find the tour buses. Mind you I have never thought to do that before it seems a lil aggressive to me :lol: but it was well rewarded. We did in fact run into Gil, I always thought Gil was a bit cold to fans at moments, what I now feel after being around him is the man is simply guarded, not everyone is going to be your bestie the moment they meet you especially if they dont know you, so Gil is cool, unfortanetly it was cold out too and I do believe everyone headed directly to Detroit after the show so no stops made in Toledo for them. The women dancers had just showered and I did hug and wish Alex a happy belated birthday :wub: she smelled soooooo good, I told her "God you smell really good" she told me "I just showered" :lol:  below is our picture together Gil is off to the side I did not get a picture with him but I did hug him and wished him safe travels.

enhance

Edited by Bailey.
  • Upvote 9

ATTENTION DETROIT #JANFAM - Change of meet up location before the show: Sports and Social. Right in front of the arena entrance. You have to pass security check. I'm here right now!

If anyone is here, come and say hello! Stay out of the cold! If you're VIP, stay warm here before 6. 

ATTENTION DETROIT #JANFAM - Change of meet up location before the show: Sports and Social. Right in front of the arena entrance. You have to pass security check. I'm here right now!

If anyone is here, come and say hello! Stay out of the cold! If you're VIP, stay warm here before 6. 

Have any fans shown up yet? Im still recovering from last night dragging my butt

• Upvote 1

Oh God, I have to follow Kishi's review :lol:

Okay so Im going to try to make this as brief and to the point as possible. The Toledo stop on the tour did very well, it was quite packed and I did not see many empty seats. It was very well received. Janet delivered as always but we have to recognize all of her team in this show, the band, the dancers the creative director, Gil. These folks work so hard and as a die hard fan I have nothing but love for them. I did not take any pictures nor video, the idea just came to me as soon as the show started and I noticed people all around me instead of dancing and jamming out they were standing there holding their phones still. :mellow:  I met Kishi, he is such a sweetheart and so cute :wub: we were like buddies the entire night! I also saw Dom from Xone great guy he's going to Detroit's show tonight too. The setlist was amazing, I purposely limited a lot of my viewing of anything on YT because I did want to be surprised, I did not know how the show ended, but let's say I did end up in tears crying.

At 51, Janet keeps up that energy level, and I give it up for her the respect for having the mental and physical strength to endure a set list as varied as she has and continue to be energetic, I found myself dancing so hard that I only sat down in my chair because I had to rest. I concur with Kishi Janet did look at us a few times I do believe, because when fans dance their asses off Janet feeds on that energy, another reason to put ya damn camera phones down folks :sigh:

I caught up with another long time Janet fan at the show, Matt, he lives in my hometown city, and he was all about going to see the tour buses after the show, so I said sure why not, so with him and Kishi we sat out to find the tour buses. Mind you I have never thought to do that before it seems a lil aggressive to me :lol: but it was well rewarded. We did in fact run into Gil, I always thought Gil was a bit cold to fans at moments, what I now feel after being around him is the man is simply guarded, not everyone is going to be your bestie the moment they meet you especially if they dont know you, so Gil is cool, unfortanetly it was cold out too and I do believe everyone headed directly to Detroit after the show so no stops made in Toledo for them. The women dancers had just showered and I did hug and wish Alex a happy belated birthday :wub: she smelled soooooo good, I told her "God you smell really good" she told me "I just showered" :lol:  below is our picture together Gil is off to the side I did not get a picture with him but I did hug him and wished him safe travels.

enhance

Ha! I love how you had to squat cause they're so short. I see that tag around your neck so did you pay for VIP? Lord I wanted to but that was $500, no thank you.

• Upvote 2

Ha! I love how you had to squat cause they're so short. I see that tag around your neck so did you pay for VIP? Lord I wanted to but that was $500, no thank you.

NO as I was getting ready to leave I found this laminate from waaaayyyy back from the official Janet fan club back over 16 years ago I said throw it on :excited:

• Upvote 1