• Announcements

• Planet Janet Rules   07/07/2015

General Rules for Planet Janet Welcome to Planet Janet! The main objective of this board is to express your love for Janet, your opinions, and to interact with an important segment of the Janet fandom.  To enjoy your experience here, below are general rules and guidelines to make your experience here be successful: The N Word Please be aware that the N word is going to be filtered on this forum. Most importantly, this word is not acceptable on this forum in any form; therefore, if it is used again by ANY member on here, it will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Consider this the first, only, and last warning regarding this. Music Download | Copyright Infringement Illegal download links to music from any artist are not permissible to be posted on this forum at any time. If you have posted an illegal download link, you must take it down immediately. Failure to remove the links, and/or subsequent, repeated offenses will result in disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban from the forum. Fan Threads of Other Artists Generally, we like to keep threads and/or topics about other artists within an Official Artist Thread.  This helps to eliminate clutter and redundancy throughout the forum and allow a one-stop shop to view comments on that particular artist not pertaining to Janet.  If there is HUGE news related to an artist and generates a lot of discussion, it is okay to have a standalone thread on that topic outside of the Official Thread. A good debate is OKAY in the Official Threads of other artists.  Official Threads are not complete sanctuaries of devotion of that particular artist; however, there is a need to be civil with other members.  Please refrain from personal attacks and arguments that devolve into personal attacks. Additionally, do NOT use Janet as means to defend an artist.  This forum is made in her honor, and putting her down to boast your particular artist is prohibited. Exercise good judgment and common sense.  If not, then the moderating team will exercise disciplinary action depending on the egregiousness of the action.  Please utilize this announcement as a first warning. Personal Attacks

Each member has a warning percentage - most of them are at zero right now but a few have been warned before. Each warning is worth 10%, and once it gets to 100% the member is automatically banned from the forum. 

Each time a member gets into an argument with another member that includes personal attacks, if it is reported or viewed by a member of the moderating team, each participant in the personal attack will get an increase in their warning percentage.  They will be notified via PM, and, prior to posting again, will receive a receipt acknowledging that warning before they can post again. The Moderating Team will never divulge a member's warn percentages on the forum or to other members.

What this means is you are now responsible for your own future on this forum. The Moderating Team will not keep asking you to stop and being ignored. Learn to let things go and learn to moderate yourself before posting; if you end up banned it will be your own fault. Personal attacks and include attacks on one’s race, age, religious creed, color, gender, national origin, physical, mental or visual disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital and military status, pregnancy or sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and general physical appearance/looks. Depending on the nature of the personal attack there will be corrective action up and including permanent banning. If you have any inquiries about your warning percentage, feel free to PM a mod for an answer. If you need any clarification on the rules, feel free to reach out to The Moderating Team.

OFFICIAL STATE OF THE WORLD TOUR THREAD

2,160 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

new tracks mentioned where?

press release on her official site

The STATE OF THE WORLD tour is a continuation of the Unbreakable tour and will include fan favorites from her chart-topping ‘Unbreakable’ album, an array of her socially conscious music she’s released throughout her career, and other smash hits and soon-to-be released new tracks with a state of the art live production!

Edited by State of the Game

Posted · Report post

press release on her official site

The STATE OF THE WORLD tour is a continuation of the Unbreakable tour and will include fan favorites from her chart-topping ‘Unbreakable’ album, an array of her socially conscious music she’s released throughout her career, and other smash hits and soon-to-be released new tracks with a state of the art live production!

that's exciting....I guess I know where my vacation time will be spent, there's an entire block of shows Id go to

Posted · Report post

Loved the video message. Can't wait for October!

Posted · Report post

I hope she paces herself.. Love her so much.:wub:

We're not worthy.

Posted · Report post

She did it before with UCAP & Unbreakable

The scheduling was too much last time. She kept getting dick. I was hoping they would spread the dates out more for her health but I guess they want to get this over fast 

Posted · Report post

Janet's a big girl now. She knows people gonna talk so she just put it out there. They said the older you get the less fucks you give lol

she was real as fuck about it though....I can't recall a Janet that was so forth coming ...its refreshing

Posted · Report post

she was real as fuck about it though....I can't recall a Janet that was so forth coming ...its refreshing

Fans have been wanting Janet to be like this for decades lol. She started getting more snippy once she turned 40. I remember the interview she did with Matt Lauer on the Today show and she said "Well i've already been where they've been and i'm still here" or something like that when he mentioned the younger girls.

Posted · Report post

Fans have been wanting Janet to be like this for decades lol. She started getting more snippy once she turned 40. I remember the interview she did with Matt Lauer on the Today show and she said "Well i've already been where they've been and i'm still here" or something like that when he mentioned the younger girls.

I remember she had to check him like look at my record Ive been and done everything these gurls are doing now.....he was going in ..she clapped back

Posted · Report post

If anyone has participated in the Amex presale do they tend to sell front row tickets?

Posted · Report post

If anyone has participated in the Amex presale do they tend to sell front row tickets?

during Unbreakable the front row seats were held by Janet's team and passed out before the show to fans

Posted · Report post

" I've been in this game for 20 years... Plus. Where they are and where they're going I've already been..." She was lighting him up throughout that interview.  Before that she was telling him to get some Q-tips :lol:

Posted · Report post

during Unbreakable the front row seats were held by Janet's team and passed out before the show to fans

I remember that but I didn't think that was for the entire front row. 

Posted · Report post

It really is to be honest. 

Posted · Report post

problem is I dont recall anyone saying they had purchased front row....no one...

Posted (edited) · Report post

It really is to be honest. 

the irony to me is how fake non fans have called Janet for years......and here she is at a point of reinvention to say hey Im not doing anything new, other than being me unfiltered.....this could get good :shifty:

Edited by Bailey.

Posted · Report post

Passed to a lot of fake fans too. I remember running into 3 coworkers at Janet's show in SF and none of those bitches were real fans except 1 of the 3. They were like "yeah we got moved to the front row". The other 2 were there just to be there cause they had nothing else to do on a Tuesday. I was so pissed!:angry:

" I've been in this game for 20 years... Plus. Where they are and where they're going I've already been..." She was lighting him up throughout that interview.  Before that she was telling him to get some Q-tips :lol:

Yes! She gathered his ass! I hate that he tried to bring up her Damita Jo album sales. Duh bitch she was blacklisted!

Posted · Report post

it seems like it was, thr front row wasn't that big a row, the rows at most concerts get bigger further back, I remember JT's first five rows got shorter

Posted · Report post

Tour poster!!!!! From Live Nation commercial and a few events on her FB

IMG_6586_zpspeslnccz.jpg

I love this 

Posted · Report post

I'm moving to Dallas so I'll be buying tickets to Dallas and to Los Angeles.  She always does the damn thing in LA. 

Posted · Report post

I'm moving to Dallas so I'll be buying tickets to Dallas and to Los Angeles.  She always does the damn thing in LA. 

everyone I know is in Dallas now....I get they have a lot of corporation headquarters. but have fun with that summer heat :)

Posted · Report post

soooo......do we get to have dudes back on stage? I got that all tuna memo from Unbreakable but damn :sigh:

Posted · Report post

everyone I know is in Dallas now....I get they have a lot of corporation headquarters. but have fun with that summer heat :)

That's exactly why I'm moving lol. I'm taking a promotion at my current company to go work in Dallas. I decided to rent instead of buy because I'm not sold on living there for a long time but from a professional and personal headspace I'm ready for a new adventure. 

Posted · Report post

That's exactly why I'm moving lol. I'm taking a promotion at my current company to go work in Dallas. I decided to rent instead of buy because I'm not sold on living there for a long time but from a professional and personal headspace I'm ready for a new adventure. 

well you are in for an adventure, Ive been to Dallas at least twice in the last 12 months and everything in Texas is bigger, ....I just hated the heat...so hot. BUT as for companies and improvement ...I saw that first time I was there, so many companies headquartered right there.....Texas has its own economy that seems to be separate from the other states plights....no state income tax!!....but dont worry they get they money back in other ways :sigh:

Posted · Report post

Umm what? We haven't even tore the city down yet. :rolleyes:

I hope to be attending both the Los Angeles and Atlanta dates. :blush:

Posted · Report post

Umm what? We haven't even tore the city down yet. :rolleyes:

I hope to be attending both the Los Angeles and Atlanta dates. :blush:

I wanna be at Atlanta.....thats my biggie :wub: