OFFICIAL STATE OF THE WORLD TOUR THREAD

jarrylf

Moist is actually good... tolerable... the next step from WYM, Rope Burn... she just went too far with Warmth. 

You posted no lies. The bottom five albums no matter what order you put them in, will always be the bottom five because they were not classic Janet albums... just collections of songs made for Janet 

no to moist.. sure it’s one step better than warmth,  but he two of them go hand in hand imo... plus I’m one of those people who oddly doesn’t like the word “moist” in general.. like, for me, I like pussy when it’s wet...ain’t never been no girl ever tell me that they’re moist... ugh..

but with those bottom three albums (not counting JJ/DS) my fav tracks are Feedback, Luv, RWU, Curtains, DITM, Take care, L2L, ENJOY (!!), island life, STWY and country (haha naw jp fuck that)

..so yea there’s def some legit pieces of gold corn sprinkled throughout her shittiest shit

• Upvote 1

no to moist.. sure it’s one step better than warmth,  but he two of them go hand in hand imo... plus I’m one of those people who oddly doesn’t like the word “moist” in general.. like, for me, I like pussy when it’s wet...ain’t never been no girl ever tell me that they’re moist... ugh..

but with those bottom three albums (not counting JJ/DS) my fav tracks are Feedback, Luv, RWU, Curtains, DITM, Take care, L2L, ENJOY (!!), island life, STWY and country (haha naw jp fuck that)

..so yea there’s def some legit pieces of gold corn sprinkled throughout her shittiest shit

Oh you’re one of THOSE people :lol: I feel like Janet could have said “Wet” instead of moist, and people would really love it or really hate it :lol: 

I’m right with you on that.. honestly

• Downvote 1

How many performances of ANDS are there? From different shows? How many interviews did she do during DJ? THERE IS PLENTY OF FOOTAGE from DJ, problem is didn't help change the media backlash

:umm: Yeaaaahh... ehhhh you didn’t answer my question at ALL. I asked when did Janet swing hard and your answer is “AN(DS)”? :umm: 

:lmao: You thinking that song is hard hitting

The beat was there but the lyrics.. the whisper vocals, the sex.... Predictable. 

One of the biggest problems with that era was her trying to make something out of literally nothing instead of moving on to better songs on the album (lol).

So many mistakes during Damita Jo and we can’t blame them ALL on Justin Timberlake 

AN(ds) is an amazing club song but that’s it. It isn’t “hitting hard” at all. Something you should come to terms with 

And let’s save the “it jump up an irrevant chart’s lowest position two years later”✋? 

Promotion for her album was very important at that time. Especially during her tenure on Virgin Records. Doing interviews was apart of the territory. That’s not “hard hitting” 

:umm: Yeaaaahh... ehhhh you didn’t answer my question at ALL. I asked when did Janet swing hard and your answer is “AN(DS)”? :umm: 

:lmao: You thinking that song is hard hitting

The beat was there but the lyrics.. the whisper vocals, the sex.... Predictable. 

One of the biggest problems with that era was her trying to make something out of literally nothing instead of moving on to better songs on the album (lol).

So many mistakes during Damita Jo and we can’t blame them ALL on Justin Timberlake 

AN(ds) is an amazing club song but that’s it. It isn’t “hitting hard” at all. Something you should come to terms with 

And let’s save the “it jump up an irrevant chart’s lowest position two years later”✋? 

You obviously didn't understand my original statement, when it comes to promotion, Janet swung hard during DJ in terms of her non-stop performances, interviews and appearances

You obviously didn't understand my original statement, when it comes to promotion, Janet swung hard during DJ in terms of her non-stop performances, interviews and appearances

You obviously don’t understand the difference between “swinging hard” and “doing her job”.

Janet swung and missed by promoting AN(ds) that hard instead of moving on to other songs.. Promotion for her album was very important at that time. Especially during her tenure on Virgin Records. Doing interviews was apart of the territory. That’s not “hard hitting” and neither is the whisper-dance track 

• Downvote 1

With all the push back she needed a knockout album with minimum flaws and with songs that slapped you upside the head, DJ was not that album. They could have denied her all they wanted but if that music was ALOT better...you couldn't deny that.

The music was subpar Bailey... She came out swinging and missed every target bc of the music 

• Downvote 1

I’ve always felt that she made ANDS her biggest “B-side” single in the sense that it wasn’t getting any type of radio AirPlay almost anywhere and BET was the only channel that sort of had it in rotation sometimes... and the only reason most casual/non-fans are even aware of the song is because of how many times she performed that thing on every show in every time slot that she could think of.. after all those performances and interviews the song never took off like maybe she thought it would, but IWY actually charted a little I think, and that was because radio stations were playing that pretty steadily, but I think it was partially because Kanye West was known to have produced that song and he was getting big that year so that helped.. plus the fact that it’s just a better song out of the two, she’s actually singing real intelligible lyrics and using different octaves.. plus the add-libs were great on IWY and nowhere to be found on ANDS.. so idk what’re I was going with this anymore but there it all is 

I’ve always felt that she made ANDS her biggest “B-side” single in the sense that it wasn’t getting any type of radio AirPlay almost anywhere and BET was the only channel that sort of had it in rotation sometimes... and the only reason most casual/non-fans are even aware of the song is because of how many times she performed that thing on every show in every time slot that she could think of.. after all those performances and interviews the song never took off like maybe she thought it would, but IWY actually charted a little I think, and that was because radio stations were playing that pretty steadily, but I think it was partially because Kanye West was known to have produced that song and he was getting big that year so that helped.. plus the fact that it’s just a better song out of the two, she’s actually singing real intelligible lyrics and using different octaves.. plus the add-libs were great on IWY and nowhere to be found on ANDS.. so idk what’re I was going with this anymore but there it all is 

IWY peaked at #57 and was certified Plantinum and YES mostly bc of Kanye (which is why she should have released My Baby) 

• Upvote 1

so here we are going in circles, I never said the album was great because it wasn't that didn't correlate with Janet's promotional efforts that was my statement

You implied the music (singles) was (were) great and no matter how hard she swung and how loud she got, the media ignored it

Except the music wasn’t great sooo your point is moot

If the music was great then you would have a point

I hate to use this example but See Britney Spears (another woman who was blacklisted on radio).. and I cringe saying this but she recovered bc she made great singles that the people loved (She’s not an album artist but you get the point)

Edited by State of the Game
  • Downvote 1

You implied the music (singles) was (were) great

Oh honey no I did not, I stated Janet swung hard by getting out there and promoting, actually I don't think any of the singles from DJ were single worthy...what I said was Janet could make a million performances and a trillion interviews and it wasn't going to change the outcome

Oh honey no I did not, I stated Janet swung hard by getting out there and promoting, actually I don't think any of the singles from DJ were single worthy...what I said was Janet could make a million performances and a trillion interviews and it wasn't going to change the outcome

??‍♂️

If Janet had something better to promote, the outcome would have changed 

It doesn’t matter if you promote something once or 200 trillion times...It all depends on what you’re promoting and in this case, Janet was promoting songs... over and over and over. 

So in theory.. she was swinging hard and missing everything she was swinging at.. making your point moot

• Downvote 1

IWY peaked at #57 and was certified Plantinum and YES mostly bc of Kanye (which is why she should have released My Baby) 

my baby should’ve absolutely been a single and early in the project too! I’ve always thought this

• Upvote 2

Good point, I actually at first didn't like the Bag An Arthur stuff but it grew on me and it's still really good, ANDS,  Put Your Hands an an Im Here. I wish the all would have made the album it would have given it a different vibe than any of her other albums. 

I looooooooooooove "Put Your Hands On" and so did fans and non-fans alike. Japan always gets the good shit lol

Either way, that doesn’t apply to Janet bc she did NOT come out swinging hard nor loud at anytime until 2015

Janet came out swinging hard in 2015? How? By not promoting an album and postponing a tour upsetting half the fans who bought tickets both U.S. and overseas? I say this year she's swinging hard but in 2015 no way unless you're just talking about creating a good album.

• Downvote 1

I looooooooooooove "Put Your Hands On" and so did fans and non-fans alike. Japan always gets the good shit lol

Janet came out swinging hard in 2015? How? By not promoting an album and postponing a tour upsetting half the fans who bought tickets both U.S. and overseas? I say this year she's swinging hard but in 2015 no way unless you're just talking about creating a good album.

But Why did she postpone that tour? ?

I cannot for the LIFE of me recall why a WOMAN her age would postpone a tour in 2016.

Its weird how male fans are so upset that she postponed that tour. Maybe you, a male Janet fan can explain why a, then married, woman postponed her tour

Musically, I’m obviously talking about the music Joe. Pay attention ??‍♂️

• Downvote 1

Exactly!!! They forgetting all that. Hell JALW was in the top 5 radio playlists for a few weeks before the backlash. I remember listening to radio countdowns and people calling in requesting "Just A Little While". You're right cause they're definitely in here with imaginary solutions.

In a perfect world. The media would not stop until Janet history was damaged like many of the black artist that came before us. What upset me the most is Janet denoted a lot of her money, time, voice, power and heart to help the world HEAL and a titty was her downfall. Not drugs, abuse but a TIT! . Janet was Black Mega Star that did not have 1 flip under her belt, Performing at the Super Bowl in TX ( red state: sexism, racist, republican) with Justin Timberland. This started Youtube and was on every news outlet for weeks. Sorry, there was no return from this backlash

• Upvote 1

In a perfect world. The media would not stop until Janet history was damaged like many of the black artist that came before us. What upset me the most is Janet denoted a lot of her money, time, voice, power and heart to help the world HEAL and a titty was her downfall. Not drugs, abuse but a TIT! . Janet was Black Mega Star that did not have 1 flip under her belt, Performing at the Super Bowl in TX ( red state: sexism, racist, republican) with Justin Timberland. This started Youtube and was on every news outlet for weeks. Sorry, there was no return from this backlash

she legit should’ve had her own Halftime show period but fkn MTV always over saturated all of the HT shows they produced.. even Aerosmith should’ve had their own show but instead they had to perform with *NSYNC and fucking Nelly ??‍♂️ 

really just fuck MTV in general

• Upvote 2

But Why did she postpone that tour? ?

I cannot for the LIFE of me recall why a WOMAN her age would postpone a tour in 2016.

Its weird how male fans are so upset that she postponed that tour. Maybe you, a male Janet fan can explain why a, then married, woman postponed her tour

Musically, I’m obviously talking about the music Joe. Pay attention ??‍♂️

I know why she postponed that tour and I understand everything but for you to say she came out swinging hard is just a plain lie lol. Who's mad about it? I was front row at the "Unbreakable Tour" in SF so I ain't mad about nothing cause she didn't postpone on me.

• Downvote 1

I know why she postponed that tour and I understand everything but for you to say she came out swinging hard is just a plain lie lol. Who's mad about it? I was front row at the "Unbreakable Tour" in SF so I ain't mad about nothing cause she didn't postpone on me.

I was also front row at the SF Unbreakable show.. the one on the 13th.. wbu