Tour Opener: An Artist/Group or DJ?

Tour Opener  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who/what should open the tour

• An up & coming band/artist
    • A has been veteran
    • A DJ

I have been thinking about this again and I really think it would be cool if she went outside the box and had a dance act as the opener, someone like Diversity for instance (I don't know who the US equivalent are). I think it would really hype the crowd up, you would have good music and good visuals at the same time and these kind of acts admit to being inspired by people like Michael and Janet. And since Janet admits that she can't do some of the moves she used to it would be a great nod to those early days but brought more up to date.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have been thinking about this again and I really think it would be cool if she went outside the box and had a dance act as the opener, someone like Diversity for instance (I don't know who the US equivalent are). I think it would really hype the crowd up, you would have good music and good visuals at the same time and these kind of acts admit to being inspired by people like Michael and Janet. And since Janet admits that she can't do some of the moves she used to it would be a great nod to those early days but brought more up to date.

I think the best way to nod those moves she may not be able to do is to have someone who can modify the original material to work with her current abilities. The last thing you want to see is someone else slaying her dance moves before she even hits the stage. 

• Upvote 1

So wtf is this shit?

I meant that having a dance act would be similar to Janet's dance breaks. Maybe I was wrong using the phrase 'early days'. Brought more up to date meant including flips and whatnot.

are you US or U.K.? Because the type of dance act I am trying to describe are the slick, sharp ones on Britains Got Talent etc

I meant that having a dance act would be similar to Janet's dance breaks. Maybe I was wrong using the phrase 'early days'. Brought more up to date meant including flips and whatnot.

are you US or U.K.? Because the type of dance act I am trying to describe are the slick, sharp ones on Britains Got Talent etc

Soooo no dance group ☑️

??The last thing Americans want is a British dance group opening up for Janet Jackson 

I think the best way to nod those moves she may not be able to do is to have someone who can modify the original material to work with her current abilities. The last thing you want to see is someone else slaying her dance moves before she even hits the stage. 

Which she has been doing. 

I agree.. there's no way Janet is gonna have a dance group open her tour

Thats like 2017 Mariah Carey having a vocalist open her nonexistent tour

Edited by State of the Game

Soooo no dance group ☑️

??The last thing Americans want is a British dance group opening up for Janet Jackson 

ffs it's like talking to a brick wall. Did I say that it had to be a British group? No I didn't. I don't know what kind of dance acts you have where you are I was just using an example. 

there's no way Janet is gonna have a dance group open her tour

I didn't say she was, it was just an idea. You don't like it/can't grasp the idea fine.

Edited by Amy
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1