ICYMI: NEW MUSIC SOON!

STCML was a hit song, her last top 5 hit actually, I think the issue comes in with what album did certain songs come off of, and she performs those that are classic and others more current, so great songs get left out, we should do a poll of songs to see which ones people really want to hear live

I think it would be great to do a poll of songs. The thing is we asked for "Throb" and she brought it back...that's how I know theres a sentimental value to the other songs she's done and that she's avoided. 

I wonder how people would act if Janet did "Empty" or some of it live? Ive read so many posts where people say they wanna hear "Empty" ...and I dont see it <_<

I think most fans are a fan of Empty but it will more than likely never happen. I want her to do 24play & songs like Feels So Right...but if she does FHTF & 24Play I would have no more request. She can do all her greatest hits and I'd shut up. She has SOOOO much room to play with. Personally, there's a lot of hit songs I wouldn't mind trading out that we've seen countless times.

OH! And I'm craving that she sings Because of Love - I have wanted to hear this live again. On UCAP she sings the backgrounds of it during the band intro one time & I got so excited. I want her to sing it.

Edited by FreelovesJJ

I want something with a good, solid, important social message, but done in that fun, care-free way that has everyone tapping their feet and moving their hips.

Janet is good at that.

• Upvote 1

she's avoided Someone to Call My Lover. 

It would be nice if she changed this method but it's been pretty consistent to JANET's personality. This has nothing to do with artists in general. 

STCML is the best example of the point you're trying to make. That song isn't about someone in particular but the contents of the song is why she hasn't performed it

I wonder how people would act if Janet did "Empty" or some of it live? Ive read so many posts where people say they wanna hear "Empty" ...and I dont see it <_<

I'm one of those fans. It was soooo ahead of its time. Production wise it's something I would like to see visually 

This is the bulk of my excitement, like what I want from her more than anything else is new music 1st & foremost, so I wont even guess if its a EP, Some soundhound mixtape, another compilation or a album, 2017 gets new music, so I live lol. The more the merrier tho, but aye Im good

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This is the bulk of my excitement, like what I want from her more than anything else is new music 1st & foremost, so I wont even guess if its a EP, Some soundhound mixtape, another compilation or a album, 2017 gets new music, so I live lol. The more the merrier tho, but aye Im good

yasss! -_-

Shania Twain is not Janet Jackson. We're talking about consistent behaviors and answers Janet has given about music that seemed to be about her exs. She's never performed Go Deep since VR, she didn't perform Twenty Fourplay, she's avoided Someone to Call My Lover. 

It would be nice if she changed this method but it's been pretty consistent to JANET's personality. This has nothing to do with artists in general. 

what's your point ?  Janet is not Shania, shania is not janet.  Buy artists are artists, song writers are song writers.  

what's your point ?  Janet is not Shania, shania is not janet.  Buy artists are artists, song writers are song writers.  

Lol, you said "by that logic Shania Twain..." my point is: no - that logic has nothing to do with Shania Twain or anyone BUT Janet Jackson...her behavior patters, her words about her music, & her there track record.

Janet hasn't cared what you got out of Someone to Call My Lover - she has not performed it because of past things  maybe it will change but it would be abnormal for her if it did  

All artists do not operate the same or off the same principle that's what makes them different. 

Um,,,it's a bit much to assume Janet stops performing songs that draw from specific relationships, when in actuality she makes no secret that it's a task for her to set up a setlist that's not basically performing her whole discography. Some songs go for their purpose during the era, it's more than likely Someone To Call my lover is 1 of those songs. It seems alot to say what songs are really personal for her and what songs aren't that she hasn't herself confirmed ala 24play. And even then songs/singles she perform have more to do with the era and the show in particular, it makes more sense to perform Anytime Anyplace instead of 24Play because though 24play is better Anytime is a major hit that got new life, casual fans and the gp don't even know 24play exists. 

And her performing Someone To Call My lover the entire run of the AFY tour  makes sense. It's like saying she doesn't perform Because Of Love because it was too personal, but in reality it served it's purpose when she did perform it on tour.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I feel for Janet and her crew when it comes to the set list..  I mean we're talking about so many hits, and so many great songs.  It's no coincidence that she had enough material to tour (back when people actually had to EARN their way to tour prominence) from just two albums b/c nearly every song on those albums was a total hit.  

Beyond that, we have to remember that just as prominent as those hits are the iconic dance moves which accompany the songs, so we can't leave those out.  On a Janet tour, somebody's favorite is going to lose out.  

Um,,,it's a bit much to assume Janet stops performing songs that draw from specific relationships, when in actuality she makes no secret that it's a task for her to set up a setlist that's not basically performing her whole discography. Some songs go for their purpose during the era, it's more than likely Someone To Call my lover is 1 of those songs. It seems alot to say what songs are really personal for her and what songs aren't that she hasn't herself confirmed ala 24play. And even then songs/singles she perform have more to do with the era and the show in particular, it makes more sense to perform Anytime Anyplace instead of 24Play because though 24play is better Anytime is a major hit that got new life, casual fans and the gp don't even know 24play exists. 

And her performing Someone To Call My lover the entire run of the AFY tour  makes sense. It's like saying she doesn't perform Because Of Love because it was too personal, but in reality it served it's purpose when she did perform it on tour.

We can agree to disagree. Janet performed even on this tour TBTILAF with Luther but never performed Someone to Call My Lover. I'm willing to bet less Janet fans go up for that song than they do STCML, I'm also willing to bet more of the GP knows STCML than they do TBTILAF. It's difficult to create setlist I'm very sure that's true but leaning on the same songs doesn't necessarily give you variety.

24Play is known by a lot of people from the older fans because they remember the video. A lot of people remember Janet doing that "LOOK" & she can even play the video behind her to "refresh" their memory. Not to mention during the intro of the band on UCAP tour she would often sing the background part of Because of Love live (do-do-do...ddo-do-do).  So with us having seen CBTM on every tour but FHTF on 1 tour it's partially her not mixing up her setlist & the other half "I feel" is because it's connected to other memories - STCML. 

I feel for Janet and her crew when it comes to the set list..  I mean we're talking about so many hits, and so many great songs.  It's no coincidence that she had enough material to tour (back when people actually had to EARN their way to tour prominence) from just two albums b/c nearly every song on those albums was a total hit.  

Beyond that, we have to remember that just as prominent as those hits are the iconic dance moves which accompany the songs, so we can't leave those out.  On a Janet tour, somebody's favorite is going to lose out.  

See this is the thing, I understand that but there's just a way to venture out without losing out. It really is. There's so many artist with massive hits. It actually benefits Janet more to mix up her songs because it keeps fans wondering will she do it this time, & let's go to see. If you know what she will perform you lose the element of shock. Janet has a catalog that is actually BETTER than some of her most popular hits - it's almost an injustice for her not to tap in. 

Her legacy of being a sexual artist is being reformed right now & nows the perfect time to reintroduce the people to the music. 

• Upvote 2

It's funny because I always remember a tweet Gil posted after they performed When We Ooh in Las Vegas. Something along the lines of " its given us some ideas". The reaction was positive then, even with Throb being performed and  the same with the RWU tour. It could be done quite easily and I'm sure it would be embraced.

• Upvote 2

It's funny because I always remember a tweet Gil posted after they performed When We Ooh in Las Vegas. Something along the lines of " its given us some ideas". The reaction was positive then, even with Throb being performed and  the same with the RWU tour. It could be done quite easily and I'm sure it would be embraced.

Great point. When We Ooo was very well received, and performed great! I really liked the choreography. Not to mention you could hear the crowd going off. Imagine that with other songs. Remember how the OLD songs were received. There's no excuse it's just not being done. Throb is a great example as well because it's not a GP song - we love it but that's definitely for the fans. 

• Upvote 1

24Play is known by a lot of people from the older fans because they remember the video. 

You're giving 24Play too much. 1) it flopped in the US during her peak (tho it wasn't commercially released) 2) Its not a great song to perform on tour 3) Save it for Euro

Be Mine is known by the old, dated fans but that doesn't mean she should perform it. Let it go 

Best Things... was a #1 and featured on the GH album that supported the tour 

Edited by State of the Game
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You're giving 24Play too much. 1) it flopped in the US during her peak (tho it wasn't commercially released) 2) Its not a great song to perform on tour 3) Save it for Euro

Be Mine is known by the old, dated fans but that doesn't mean she should perform it. Let it go 

Best Things... was a #1 and featured on the GH album that supported the tour 

The tour it supported is over. Fuck outta here. 

The point is relevant and it remains, Make Me was called a number 1 because it was on dance charts ask anyone around if they know of Make Me. A flop is relative. You might not know this, but during Design of a Decade Janet was on top of the world - that classic look of 24Play is nostalgic for many who connect with it. Many fans would appreciate it like ppl got excited over When We Ooo

The tour it supported is over. Fuck outta here. 

The point is relevant and it remains, Make Me was called a number 1 because it was on dance charts ask anyone around if they know of Make Me. A flop is relative. You might not know this, but during Design of a Decade Janet was on top of the world - that classic look of 24Play is nostalgic for many who connect with it. Many fans would appreciate it like ppl got excited over When We Ooo

Still a #1 

Make Me wasn't just called a #1.. it was a #1... and Make Me wasn't performed on the Unbreakable Tour 

It's not 1995 anymore. Brandy is shit, TLC is shit.. Its 2017... Stop time traveling. 24 Foreplay isnt going to happen and Janet said why that is 

Youre setting yourself up for disappointment. Another reason to bitch.. For this song  and Funky Big Band For some god awful reason

Edited by State of the Game
  • Upvote 1

Lol, you said "by that logic Shania Twain..." my point is: no - that logic has nothing to do with Shania Twain or anyone BUT Janet Jackson...her behavior patters, her words about her music, & her there track record.

Janet hasn't cared what you got out of Someone to Call My Lover - she has not performed it because of past things  maybe it will change but it would be abnormal for her if it did  

All artists do not operate the same or off the same principle that's what makes them different. 

I personally think you assume a lot about how Janet may or may not tick.  I used another artist, but there are many, to shed light on how other song writers that write love songs typically "reinvent" them for different times in their lives. You simply put out baseless theories you dreamed up. Just saying. Anyway, not worth a silly argument. Just discussing.  

• Upvote 2

I personally think you assume a lot about how Janet may or may not tick.  I used another artist, but there are many, to shed light on how other song writers that write love songs typically "reinvent" them for different times in their lives. You simply put out baseless theories you dreamed up. Just saying. Anyway, not worth a silly argument. Just discussing.  

I'm not arguing I'm also discussing. You call it baseless yet there's more proof to it AT THE CURRENT time than there is proof against it. I think to have been a Janet fan for 23 or more years at this point you tend to see behavior patterns. I don't need other artists as a reference point for something Janet has shown consistently. There's things other song writers & artists do that Janet would NEVER do. That's an apples & oranges comparison is my point. 

Stick to Janet & like I gave you examples, give me examples of where she has done the opposite. If she starts on this tour, which I hope she does, I will retract my statement - but UNTIL she does the point seems pretty solid. "Read between the lines" 

I would love to hear 24Play live that would be an exciting treat :excited:

RIIIIIGHT?! The fact that someone would say - "it's not 1995 anymore" as if it was still 1982 - when Janet sang Say You Do or 1993 when she sang Throb which is ALSO not a GP song. Like the logic is not there, my points get attacked because their not "biased" praises. 

NOT TO MENTION, Thob has less views on YouTube as a song than 24Play does - whether that's throb live or just the song - soooo again popularity isn't the determining factor. 

well in the interview with Tina Landon, Tina did mention how Janet tries to keep the songs like they were because thats how the fans heard them and want them, Id like to see fewer medleys and if she does medleys I would hope some songs that are classic Janet, get performed in their entirety, I did enjoy FHTF on RWY tour