ICYMI: NEW MUSIC SOON!

RIIIIIGHT?! The fact that someone would say - "it's not 1995 anymore" as if it was still 1982 - when Janet sang Say You Do or 1993 when she sang Throb which is ALSO not a GP song. Like the logic is not there, my points get attacked because their not "biased" praises. 

NOT TO MENTION, Thob has less views on YouTube as a song than 24Play does - whether that's throb live or just the song - soooo again popularity isn't the determining factor. 

I think Janet just has a special pride with certain songs she's done, and Throb is one of them, that song was performed on several tours in its entirety. I also think its performed because its uptempo and keeps the crowd banging

• Upvote 1

well in the interview with Tina Landon, Tina did mention how Janet tries to keep the songs like they were because thats how the fans heard them and want them, Id like to see fewer medleys and if she does medleys I would hope some songs that are classic Janet, get performed in their entirety, I did enjoy FHTF on RWY tour

I get it, but at this point she can grow. She can do it and no one would argue AT ALL! She's done a good job with some of the remixes on Unbreakable tour. She really is amazing at it, but FHTF SHOULD be performed more, STCML, Go Deep, Because of Love, I Want You just different options & some medleys are cool but I'd love to see some song longer. Keep IGL it left us for awhile. 

I get it, but at this point she can grow. She can do it and no one would argue AT ALL! She's done a good job with some of the remixes on Unbreakable tour. She really is amazing at it, but FHTF SHOULD be performed more, STCML, Go Deep, Because of Love, I Want You just different options & some medleys are cool but I'd love to see some song longer. Keep IGL it left us for awhile. 

her catalog just has so many to go with

• Upvote 1

I think Janet just has a special pride with certain songs she's done, and Throb is one of them, that song was performed on several tours in its entirety. I also think its performed because its uptempo and keeps the crowd banging

Oh I completely agree it's a crowd & fan favorite. It's a dance number I would love to see the SNL version of it today if it's performed because it was so on point. Maybe a tweak here & there. Nonetheless, my point is if she can do throb she can do many others too

her catalog just has so many to go with

Just imagine if she mixed it up, how would fans feel walking into an arena not knowing WHAT song she might pull out. If we heard a song we couldn't believe...it's like a reminder how extensive the catalog is. I want her to even keep ATAP 

Just imagine if she mixed it up, how would fans feel walking into an arena not knowing WHAT song she might pull out. If we heard a song we couldn't believe...it's like a reminder how extensive the catalog is. I want her to even keep ATAP 

she could potentially with Gil come up with a number to performed several songs on different stops, like maybe 3 songs she's ready to play one at any show and its a surprise

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

she could potentially with Gil come up with a number to performed several songs on different stops, like maybe 3 songs she's ready to play one at any show and its a surprise

The possibilities are endless. She's an artist, a lot of fans don't like to think outside the box because they think it's an attack on janet or some expectation & not just a conversation. "I've been listening, keep the conversation going." - you know what's funny about that?

A lot of fans use "from her lips" when it's convenient but she also made that statement "from her lips" & those same fans try to silence the conversation when it doesn't fit in the mold they feel is best. 

The possibilities are endless. She's an artist, a lot of fans don't like to think outside the box because they think it's an attack on janet or some expectation & not just a conversation. "I've been listening, keep the conversation going." - you know what's funny about that?

A lot of fans use "from her lips" when it's convenient but she also made that statement "from her lips" & those same fans try to silence the conversation when it doesn't fit in the mold they feel is best. 

gurl you thinking about it too deep for me :lol: I try not sound bothered when Game come around I be like damn dat :coffee:

Id much rather discuss new music and sounds. Like I wonder what sonic direction new Janet tracks may take? Or if any? I like the "tone" of "Unbreakable" in some parts its very folksy like, while in others its down home old school Motown (Jackson 5) nods. 

Edited by Bailey.

Id much rather discuss new music and sounds. Like I wonder what sonic direction new Janet tracks may take? Or if any? I like the "tone" of "Unbreakable" in some parts its very folksy like, while in others its down home old school Motown (Jackson 5) nods. 

there's a thread about that. 

RIIIIIGHT?! The fact that someone would say - "it's not 1995 anymore" as if it was still 1982 - when Janet sang Say You Do or 1993 when she sang Throb which is ALSO not a GP song. Like the logic is not there, my points get attacked because their not "biased" praises. 

NOT TO MENTION, Thob has less views on YouTube as a song than 24Play does - whether that's throb live or just the song - soooo again popularity isn't the determining factor. 

Those older songs were part of the tour theme :sigh: 

:lmao: YouTube views. Please stop. 

• Upvote 1

You know Janet ain't literally listening to you. :sigh: 

Im not one of those fans. A lot of fans, like the one you're quoting, didn't believe she was pregnant until late in her pregnancy... a lot of fans thought she wasn't finishing her tour... a lot of fans want to retire her to Vegas... I'm none of em and I've defended her each and every time and was proven right all along :coffee: 

There's "thinking outside the box" and there's "I like my idea so imma stick with it despite it not making any sense." Guess which one you fall under

Switching songs per stop isn't "thinking outside the box" btw. Many famous bands has done it for years. Nice try tho

Edited by State of the Game
  • Upvote 1

I personally think you assume a lot about how Janet may or may not tick.  I used another artist, but there are many, to shed light on how other song writers that write love songs typically "reinvent" them for different times in their lives. You simply put out baseless theories you dreamed up. Just saying. Anyway, not worth a silly argument. Just discussing.  

This! 

He calls it "thinking outside the box" :lol: 

• Upvote 1

It's funny because I always remember a tweet Gil posted after they performed When We Ooh in Las Vegas. Something along the lines of " its given us some ideas". The reaction was positive then, even with Throb being performed and  the same with the RWU tour. It could be done quite easily and I'm sure it would be embraced.

Wow so wish I had seen that... need to do a YouTube search.  

This is part of the magic of Janet Jackson, and the power of her discography.  Some of her songs are literally so good and yield such profound images and stories, you could do a whole musical constructed around her music. Janet really hasn't done anything like that since RN, so there's no doubt it would be well received now.  

This warrants another forum topic... :excited::ph34r::excited:

We can agree to disagree. Janet performed even on this tour TBTILAF with Luther but never performed Someone to Call My Lover. I'm willing to bet less Janet fans go up for that song than they do STCML, I'm also willing to bet more of the GP knows STCML than they do TBTILAF. It's difficult to create setlist I'm very sure that's true but leaning on the same songs doesn't necessarily give you variety.

24Play is known by a lot of people from the older fans because they remember the video. A lot of people remember Janet doing that "LOOK" & she can even play the video behind her to "refresh" their memory. Not to mention during the intro of the band on UCAP tour she would often sing the background part of Because of Love live (do-do-do...ddo-do-do).  So with us having seen CBTM on every tour but FHTF on 1 tour it's partially her not mixing up her setlist & the other half "I feel" is because it's connected to other memories - STCML. 

Because StCML was never a number one, nor was it on the Number ones tour. She specifically had reason to perform TBTILAF and not STCML

Casual fans knowing 24play by the video isn't good enough reason to dust it off for a whole tour, it's never been 1 of those songs that had a purpose to be performed past it's peak too like Runaway. I don't think there's very much logic opposed to assumption to say she won't perform anything because of reasons she hasn't specified (except 24Play ofcourse) but the most logical answer she's spoken way more about how  she doesn't want the setlist to be too long. She addressed why she perfromed the songs from pre-control when she did, and with other lesser known or lesser hits they've fit the vibe of the tour. And lastly it's weird to assume that  about STCML becasue....it's a song about being single, it's not about being in love, 24Play has a easy copout with her confirming that, but there's literally nothing about STCML that gives that including anything she's ever said about the song.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Because StCML was never a number one, nor was it on the Number ones tour. She specifically had reason to perform TBTILAF and not STCML

Casual fans knowing 24play by the video isn't good enough reason to dust it off for a whole tour, it's never been 1 of those songs that had a purpose to be performed past it's peak too like Runaway. I don't think there's very much logic opposed to assumption to say she won't perform anything because of reasons she hasn't specified (except 24Play ofcourse) but the most logical answer she's spoken way more about how  she doesn't want the setlist to be too long. She addressed why she perfromed the songs from pre-control when she did, and with other lesser known or lesser hits they've fit the vibe of the tour. And lastly it's weird to assume that  about STCML becasue....it's a song about being single, it's not about being in love, 24Play has a easy copout with her confirming that, but there's literally nothing about STCML that gives that including anything she's ever said about the song.

Again agree to disagree. By your logic explain why TBTILAF made it to the Unbreakable tour. It's no long a number ones tour. Explain why Throb made it...it also was never a number one or widely known song by the general public. STCML was her & JD's first real establishing of a connection. It was a larger hit then some of the other songs that have made it. 

If you can't see the logic I can't help you. It makes perfectly clear sense to me. The set list has He ability to change saying it would be too long is a bull shit reason why it didn't make the cut. That's when you change things out & replace them. It's not there because she didn't put it there plain and simple. That's the bottom line. Not because it would be too long. TBTILAF could have been scrapped for Unbreakable - I highly doubt the avg casual fan wants to hear it. She dusted it off and took on the road YET AGAIN. Did you forget she omitted Pleasure Principle for a bit? As well as IGL? Soooo why not put it there then?

24play is a wish amongst fans & not specially you or that other one...but many wouldn't mind seeing something new. Feel what you will but it is what it is. 

Edit: how is this even a debate when she's literally dusting off a song like State of the World (unless she's doing something new with that title) to build a whole tour around it?! Do you think the GP knows that song? Do you think ppl KNOW Janet for State of the World? Is using IT as a theme and adding IT into the setlist (if she does) going to make her set list too long? Is that why it hasn't been back till now? She's an artist. She can do whatever she wants. 

Again agree to disagree. By your logic explain why TBTILAF made it to the Unbreakable tour. It's no long a number ones tour. Explain why Throb made it...it also was never a number one or widely known song by the general public. STCML was her & JD's first real establishing of a connection. It was a larger hit then some of the other songs that have made it. 

If you can't see the logic I can't help you. It makes perfectly clear sense to me. The set list has He ability to change saying it would be too long is a bull shit reason why it didn't make the cut. That's when you change things out & replace them. It's not there because she didn't put it there plain and simple. That's the bottom line. Not because it would be too long. TBTILAF could have been scrapped for Unbreakable - I highly doubt the avg casual fan wants to hear it. She dusted it off and took on the road YET AGAIN. Did you forget she omitted Pleasure Principle for a bit? As well as IGL? Soooo why not put it there then?

24play is a wish amongst fans & not specially you or that other one...but many wouldn't mind seeing something new. Feel what you will but it is what it is. 

Edit: how is this even a debate when she's literally dusting off a song like State of the World (unless she's doing something new with that title) to build a whole tour around it?! Do you think the GP knows that song? Do you think ppl KNOW Janet for State of the World? Is using IT as a theme and adding IT into the setlist (if she does) going to make her set list too long? Is that why it hasn't been back till now? She's an artist. She can do whatever she wants. 

Except I don't have to "explain" why it did because my argument already has that covered, she makes the setlist what she wants it to be and put simply she just might like performing it more than STCML. My point is more simply playing with "I think she thinks" isn't a good thing to do without much to back it up on, it's just assumption. And that I don't see the logic in, because I don't think it involves logic unless she specifically said otherwise or even hinted at it, that involves assumption and that's something I don't deal much with, because THATS actually bullshit, vs. she's been saying forever that her least favorite part of a tour is winding down the setlist. She makes the setlist as she see's fit for whichever current tour

LOFL Who said I didn't wish she'd do 24Play, point that out please, that's the problem with going off of assumptions more than facts presented, it all gets mixed up, You've clearly assumed that because I say there's no reason for her to perform 24play that "I don't want her to". 24Play is easily among my favorite songs of hers, if she were to pull a When We Ooo with it I'd loose my mind, BUT the difference is I'm not counting on it, or assuming anything about why she won't other than the fact that she specifically said she has a emotional connection to the song and the time and  that it's never been a song she's promoted or even spoke much about period. So there's no "feeling" what I feel about it, I'm giong based on facts.

Except State of the world actually was a single that she's promoted on tour before, AND as with many of her socially consious songs, still rings true today, THATS what sets it apart from STCML & 24Play. She's setting the setlist around the song (or title at least) so that kinda shuts those hypothetical's down. The last part of what you said is the most true, she's a artist and she will do whatever she wants and for whatever reasons, thus it's more so on my point in it's a crazy waste of time to assume anything she doesn't confirm. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Except I don't have to "explain" why it did because my argument already has that covered, she makes the setlist what she wants it to be and put simply she just might like performing it more than STCML. My point is more simply playing with "I think she thinks" isn't a good thing to do without much to back it up on, it's just assumption. And that I don't see the logic in, because I don't think it involves logic unless she specifically said otherwise or even hinted at it, that involves assumption and that's something I don't deal much with, because THATS actually bullshit, vs. she's been saying forever that her least favorite part of a tour is winding down the setlist. She makes the setlist as she see's fit for whichever current tour
LOFL Who said I didn't wish she'd do 24Play, point that out please, that's the problem with going off of assumptions more than facts presented, it all gets mixed up, You've clearly assumed that because I say there's no reason for her to perform 24play that "I don't want her to". 24Play is easily among my favorite songs of hers, if she were to pull a When We Ooo with it I'd loose my mind, BUT the difference is I'm not counting on it, or assuming anything about why she won't other than the fact that she specifically said she has a emotional connection to the song and the time and  that it's never been a song she's promoted or even spoke much about period. So there's no "feeling" what I feel about it, I'm giong based on facts.

Except State of the world actually was a single that she's promoted on tour before, AND as with many of her socially consious songs, still rings true today, THATS what sets it apart from STCML & 24Play. She's setting the setlist around the song (or title at least) so that kinda shuts those hypothetical's down. The last part of what you said is the most true, she's a artist and she will do whatever she wants and for whatever reasons, thus it's more so on my point in it's a crazy waste of time to assume anything she doesn't confirm. 

:lmao: schooled

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1