Building the Perfect Janet EP

FreelovesJJ

We all know that new music is coming but we don't know how many songs, or what they will sound like. So for a minute let's pretend you had the opportunity to create a Janet EP - what sound would you like to see Janet tap into? The rules are 5 - 8 songs: you can use songs you feel would be great remakes, samples, or just the sound/style of the song as your examples. Let's play!

I think Janet could have a dope track with a sample of Give Me the Night - it's classic, timeless, but still has a very current beat -

I think Janet could remake this song or sample it, Love U 4 Life sounds VERY similar (almost like sample) but I still think she could do more with this:

I could see Janet doing a modern day "Throb" with a sound like this, while Night was pure classic for me I can imagine her exploring this:

I hear a potential modern day Got Til It's Gone vibe to a sample of this song:

I feel like Janet has needed a GREAT soulful but current ballad/midtempo for so long something like this would be EPIC!!!!

Edited by FreelovesJJ
  • Upvote 1

I've always wanted Janet to do more with jazz. She's stated before that one of her favorite genres is Brazilian Jazz so I'm surprised she hasn't really done much in the genre. 

The jazz heavy songs that Janet does have like SIT, MLITR, and even FBB are great and I'd like to see her try to expand on this.

I've listened to some songs in a sub genre of jazz called electronic-jazz, and Janet could do something great there, I think. (Sorry for this ramble)

• Upvote 3

She has mentioned some Brazilian music. I've heard some I think she could really work with. She's said that the closest she feels she's come to this is The Body That Loves You. I love that & Promise of You has that same kinda vibe. Idk how many ppl are familiar with KING but there's a couple songs they have that Janet could benefit from the sound - 

Carry On & Mister Chameleon too

Edited by FreelovesJJ
  • Upvote 1

Kaytranada did the "If" remix, do you like it?

I love it! They always play on festivals here in the UK. 

An original song would be great, something similar to 'Together' from his debut album featuring AlunaGeorge.

Edited by New_Agenda

okay while I think there are far two many choices to go thru for this thread to be effect BUT with some patience and attempting to hear you out, a few thoughts -_-

George Benson very 70's laidback with R&B vibe, Id like to hear Janet doing something like "Blame it on the Boggee" if she doing 70's

Patrice Rushen has been done before by Biggie and done so well, its not worthy revisiting for any artist

Lite Spots is the most experimental song but Janet may be too out of brand "fit"

Rock Your Body sounds like "The Knowledge" but not in a bad way, but in a been there done that way <_<