Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2

Dal

Saw it last night.. it was good, not as great as the first one, but imo it was pretty close! There was more humor in this one, but not every joke landed (seemed to be quantity over quality at times).. Baby Groot was fkn adorable and my daughter's favorite part of the movie anytime he was on screen.. for me it was Rocket Racoon.. everything he did and said was pretty hilarious to me.. Kurt Russell was surprisingly awesome in the role of Ego The Planet, and it was really interesting to see him adapt to such a different role than he's ever done before..

i think one of the downfalls of this film compared to the first is the fact that for much of the movie, most of the Guardians of the Galaxy are split up.. they're not all together in every part of the movie like they were in the first one, so naturally the dynamics are going to be skewed.. some of the minor characters in the first movie return to have much larger roles (and I'd say for the better, mostly)..

i gave Vol 1 4 out of 5 stars and I'd give Vol 2 3.5 out of 5 stars.. still worth the price of admission. The only thing I wish I would've done is seen it in 3D because there were a ton of scenes and visuals throughout the movie that would've made a bigger impact in 3D (and that def can't be said for every movie, let alone every Marvel movie even)..

I recommend this movie! 

Saw it last night.. it was good, not as great as the first one, but imo it was pretty close! There was more humor in this one, but not every joke landed (seemed to be quantity over quality at times).. Baby Groot was fkn adorable and my daughter's favorite part of the movie anytime he was on screen.. for me it was Rocket Racoon.. everything he did and said was pretty hilarious to me.. Kurt Russell was surprisingly awesome in the role of Ego The Planet, and it was really interesting to see him adapt to such a different role than he's ever done before..

i think one of the downfalls of this film compared to the first is the fact that for much of the movie, most of the Guardians of the Galaxy are split up.. they're not all together in every part of the movie like they were in the first one, so naturally the dynamics are going to be skewed.. some of the minor characters in the first movie return to have much larger roles (and I'd say for the better, mostly)..

i gave Vol 1 4 out of 5 stars and I'd give Vol 2 3.5 out of 5 stars.. still worth the price of admission. The only thing I wish I would've done is seen it in 3D because there were a ton of scenes and visuals throughout the movie that would've made a bigger impact in 3D (and that def can't be said for every movie, let alone every Marvel movie even)..

I recommend this movie! 

Yeah I heard this one was not as good as the first and that it was more of a comedy than the last one. I'm still gonna see it. IDK when tho lol

• Upvote 1

I recommend this movie! 

Very much agree.  That alone skews opinions to a "lesser" movie.  As the characters all interact so well you want to see them together all the time.

Baby Groot and the after credit Groot centric scene was hilarious and cute.

Another difference I noticed which can be bad or good depending is this is more "stand alone" than the first was.  The first featured an Infinity Stone centric plot which was a clear continuation and buildup of the overall Infinity Gauntlet saga in all the MCU movies.  This one was more stand alone adventure with no real connection or continuation until a vague after credit scene drop which was obviously major connection.

Edited by kidfresh832
  • Upvote 1