American Idol is Back!

This is so embarrassing for them. The show already went on 8 seasons longer than it should've and it hasn't been a year since it's it's overdue cancelation, and the better show that gets much better rattings than they have for years, and actually wins Emmy's for being a great show still has a tight hold on Monday & Tuesday rattings and still winning awards.....you're supposed to wait until people miss you or your competition dies...This is humiliating for Idol

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like The Voice has rendered a remake of AI irrelevant.   I am very often floored by the level of raw talent on there.  I'd buy several of the top 10's albums right now just based on their vocal abilities alone.  

Edited by JJATL
  • Upvote 1

I feel like The Voice has rendered a remake of AI irrelevant.   I am very often floored by the level of raw talent on there.  I'd buy several of the top 10's albums right now just based on their vocal abilities alone.  

It has, truth is AI was irrelevant before The Voice even hit the scene, you see once the winners of Idol became neiche genre artists (country, R&B, Broadway) and not like Kelly, a well rounded genre chameleon pop artist they lost what the show promised, The Voice swooped in, and really what they do smart, they don't really advertise that you'll be a idol or icon or....well...successful necissarily lol, they're about winning the damn competition, getting your prize, and getting a fanbase to support you as a likely independant artist. I've been watching since season 1, and I can say they have had contestants that based on talent, originality and originality should be huge names, but what I love is it's about making you a good artist and giving you a spotlight for 3months. Vs. with Idol its much more of a cluster fuck because of the MASSIVE success they had early on, and once that stopped happening, they never bounced back, sure no show has beat them, but the way Idol kept/keep having to pull new tricks out of tired hats every season...they should've ended with Simon....in that fantastic final show where Janet blessed the stage. Even then it was 2yrs later than they should've quit (Hell they really should've ended when Paula left). But yea the Voice gives me new indie artists to feel excited about.

• Upvote 1

Neither matters. American Idol at least has one success story (well Kelly Clarkson)