Suicide Bomb attack at Ariana Grande's Manchester show

jarrylf

1 man likely carried out suicide attack at Ariana Grande concert, killing 22 and injuring 59

suicide bomber was likely behind the deadly explosion in Manchester, England on Monday that killed 22 people and injured 59 others who were attending an Ariana Grande concert at one of Europe’s largest arenas.

Greater Manchester Police said they were called to the Manchester Arena in England just before 10:35 p.m. local time on Monday. Authorities are telling people to avoid the area.

The incident is being treated as a "terrorist incident until police know otherwise," police said.

The attack was likely carried out by "one man” using an "improvised explosive device,” police said. The person died at the scene.

"We believe the attacker was carrying an improvised explosive device which he detonated, causing this atrocity," Ian Hopkins, Chief Constable of Greater Manchester Police, said at a press conference early Tuesday. "Our priority is to work with the national counter-terrorism policing network to establish more details about the individual who carried out this attack."

U.S. law enforcement officials have been informed that the leading theory is that the Manchester Arena incident was the work of a suicide bomber, though they caution that this is preliminary information, according to a senior law enforcement official briefed on the investigation.

The wounded are being treated at six different hospitals, Hopkins said at the press conference. "We're doing all that we can ... as we gather information about what happened," he said, asking people to remain vigilant.

The explosion happened inside of the arena’s foyer area after the concert finished, according to witnesses, who reported hearing a loud bang as they exited the arena. The venue holds about 21,000 people and is one of Europe’s largest indoor arenas, according to its website.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/man-carried-suicide-attack-ariana-grande-concert-killing/story?id=47575964
________________________________________________________________________________________

Bu is unable to reach this site at the time, but he asked me to let you guys know that he is fine, this is where he lives, and happened right next to where he works, so I'm feeling for my friend right now, I hate this shit so much, I like all of us I'm sure are glad he's OK, and my thoughts and prayers with those who are fighting for their lives and the ones who lost theirs.

I was going to go. I like ariana especially this album. But I was too tired from london and my friend who told me he had tickets that day was ill so we didn't. 

It's been a horrible week but my city got up, got through and will get over. 

• Upvote 5

I was going to go. I like ariana especially this album. But I was too tired from london and my friend who told me he had tickets that day was ill so we didn't. 

It's been a horrible week but my city got up, got through and will get over. 

Happy you're safe! 

This has affected me more than I thought. It's got me feeling very down and depressed. Every time I hear a siren I think "oh god what now". And I just feel like I'm going to get attacked in retaliation because I'm brown. 

Edited by Jasmine's Sofa
  • Upvote 3

This has affected me more than I thought. It's got me feeling very down and depressed. Every time I hear a siren I think "oh god what now". And I just feel like I'm going to get attacked in retaliation because I'm brown. 

? It's bound to affect you, post and talk to us if you need too, we are all here for each other. I know what you mean tho, I live in east anglia and I always thought that i would be safe from terrorism because I am not in London, this has made me think differently. Last night there were constant sirens for 10-15, I found out later that there was a big fire but it did make me think.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...